Forums

|**| Official BOXING Thread |**|

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

|**| Official BOXING Thread |**|

Postby Soul Collector » June 12th, 2021, 9:33 pm

A thread for the boxing fans in here. Post upcoming fights, predictions, weigh-ins, full fights, highlights etc

Some fights I'm looking forward to:

June 19, Venue TBC, Miami, USA – Triller Fight Club
Teofimo Lopez vs George Kambosos Jr (Lopez was the 1st guy to knockdown Lomachenko so interested there)
(WBA, WBC ‘Franchise’, IBF & WBO Lightweight Titles)

June 19, Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas, USA – Bob Arum’s Top Rank
Naoya Inoue vs Michael Dasmarinas
(WBA & IBF Bantamweight Titles)

June 26, Virgin Hotels, Las Vegas, USA – Bob Arum’s Top Rank
Vasyl Lomachenko vs Masayoshi Nakatani
(Lightweight)

July 24, Las Vegas
Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder (They're meeting for the 3rd time. Should be another good fight)
WBC title

August 21, Venue TBC, Las Vegas – Al Haymon’s PBC
Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence (This will be a banger!!!!)
(WBC and IBF Welterweight titles)

September ?, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London
Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk (Could be the fight of the year here. Backing my boy Usyk!)
IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles
Last edited by Soul Collector on September 26th, 2021, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Re: Official Boxing Thread

Postby cornfused » June 12th, 2021, 10:27 pm

I am a boxing fan. Used to watch with my dad, Haggler Hearns, Roy Jones, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis.Bowe etc.

I am not Pacman fan I wanted Thurman to send him to retirement as I thought JM Marquez did. Anyhow the Truth would!d be told.

I like Wilder and not the shenanigans of Tyson, but it's hard to see him winning.

On your boy Usyk, like many cruiser weighs who have moved to heavyweight punch volume and skill may take you far but a real punch from a true heavyweight will hurt you and Usyk can be hurt.
Last edited by cornfused on June 13th, 2021, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 12th, 2021, 11:26 pm

Aww man, same story here! Got into it with my dad in those same Tyson-Holyfield-Roy Jones days. Speaking of them, you know I never paid any attention to that exhibition match with Roy Jones and Mike Tyson, lol.

I am no Thurman fan at all and as for the Marquez fights they were some awesome brawls. The way Marquez ended the last one, I could see why you said he retired Pacman, lol. For the Spence match, I'm looking forward to see what kind of shape Pacman is in and how he holds up. I really like them both so I'm just excited to see it happen.

Tyson is a goofball but his boxing IQ is extremely high. He came back on a mission this time around. Wilder out there literally looking to catch bodies. Dude is vicious but that could only get him so far. Backing Tyson for that one.

And for sure on that point you made on Usyk. I'm weary of what could happen but hoping he can pull it off. For a large guy, I always found him to be surprisingly agile with great footwork (which could apply to Fury just as well). Joshua isn't known for having a strong chin either but as they say in the heavyweight division - anything can happen.

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » June 13th, 2021, 12:55 pm

There is another Cruiserweight who gave Usuk some trouble Michael Hunter.

In the heavyweights, the only one with the punching power of Wilder may be Murat Gassiev or Joyce.

Joyce's last stoppage of Dubois was impressive broke the orbital bone , very slow puncher but at the tap from him has left many on the mat

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 13th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Had to pull up that Hunter fight, may have missed it. First half of the fight, yeah he was making things difficult but Usyk's onslaught was relentless in the latter half. Maybe with AJ's power, it might rock Usyk hard enough for him to really feel it which might be his real test in heavyweight.

My brother told me to look out for Dubois with his power and then I heard he lost to Joyce who is just as you said; slow puncher, tap like punches, nothing really explosive for a heavyweight. I don't follow Joyce for that very reason but those taps tho...breaking bones. He's doing something right.

Joyce and Usyk may end up meeting sooner rather than later depending on the outcome of the AJ vs Usyk fight. Now that would be an interesting match up to me and won't mind watching Joyce's style go up against Usyk's.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 13th, 2021, 3:54 pm

A closer look at next weekend's fight -

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 15th, 2021, 11:00 pm

Teofimo Lopez tests positive for COVID-19, bout vs. George Kambosos moved to Aug. 14

MIAMI -- Teofimo Lopez has tested positive for COVID-19 and is symptomatic. His Saturday bout vs. George Kambosos that was scheduled to be in Miami and the whole undercard has been moved to Aug. 14, Triller announced.

https://www.espn.com.au/boxing/story/_/ ... ources-say

Well damn.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » June 18th, 2021, 1:53 pm

Many improvements over the BOXMAT 1

More intuitive controls which alleviates many safety issues over the BOXMAT 1

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 20th, 2021, 6:12 pm

^ Didn't know how badly I needed on of those till today for reasons below :lol:

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 20th, 2021, 6:21 pm

Inoue finished in devastating fashion with that left hook to the body. Was surprised Dasmarinas was able to get up after but the accuracy....man's left hook went in like a heat seeking missile to his liver repeatedly. Felt that from home :shock:

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 22nd, 2021, 1:54 am

Dude like he really in need of help with some of the nonsense he talking/doing. Came out in the press conference with a headphones on refusing to speak after accusing Fury of having weighted gloves and making one setta BS excuses for losing. I really hope Fury end him.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » June 25th, 2021, 10:59 am

This is the fight I wanna see tho

(these lil dudes are 18 years old btw)

Also look at 0:45 when these two stone cold killers turned on the guy in the middle. Absolutely brutal

#TeamAbduroziq

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 25th, 2021, 1:07 pm

used to watch d championship fights of big names back in d late 80s & early 90s when we only had local tv so no choice but to watch what was showing or turn it off & listen to radio or read newspapers

since 4rin tv & d interwebz came out i loss interest in it ...

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 25th, 2021, 1:13 pm

Bruhhhhh, I can't keep up with you nuh wtf :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

18 years old you say :shock: I thought they were going to flatten the guy and fight on top his corpse yes.... they looking serious. Way more entertaining than some of the press conferences I've seen before, lol

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 25th, 2021, 1:22 pm

Rovin wrote:used to watch d championship fights of big names back in d late 80s & early 90s when we only had local tv so no choice but to watch what was showing or turn it off & listen to radio or read newspapers

since 4rin tv & d interwebz came out i loss interest in it ...

Ahh, cool man. Didn't even know they showed boxing on local TV... probably a bit before my time. I used to follow cricket back in the Hooper/Adams/Ambrose/Walsh days but currently boxing is really the only sport I follow.

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » June 25th, 2021, 8:20 pm

Gentlemen of the boxing faith...

Two excellent fights tomorrow night:

1. June 26: Las Vegas (ESPN+)
Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani, 12 rounds, lightweights

Loma is a beautiful finger to watch in terms of technique and speed.

2. June 26: Atlanta (Showtime PPV)
Title fight: Mario Barrios vs. Gervonta Davis, 12 rounds, for Barrios' WBA "regular" junior welterweight title

Davis is under Floyd's camp, imo he is similar to Floyd, but is more brut and aggressive.

IMG_7716.JPG

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » June 25th, 2021, 9:08 pm

My bad OP, just realised you posted the same data.

Mods you can remove my earlier post if necessary.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » June 25th, 2021, 10:19 pm

Soul Collector wrote:Bruhhhhh, I can't keep up with you nuh wtf :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

18 years old you say :shock: I thought they were going to flatten the guy and fight on top his corpse yes.... they looking serious. Way more entertaining than some of the press conferences I've seen before, lol

dem men from Tajikistan dawg. Smack dab between the middle east and russia. So you know dem men HARD

The one on the right is also a singer and have more vocal range than Drake

This rabbit hole goes DEEP dawg

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » June 27th, 2021, 2:38 am

Who watched the bouts ?

Two excellent fights to soak in some fine technique and strategy.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 29th, 2021, 8:59 am

MD, nice to see another boxing fan! Took in the Loma bout. Not a fan/follower of Tank Davis so I didn't bother posting up his fight lol.

Loma came out in fine style. Can't recall seeing Nakatani before but he just came across as flat footed and awkward in his transitions from the inside. Loma did the usual, creating those sweet angles even from on the inside not really giving Nakatani a chance to do anything. Loma just has a way of making good fighters look like nothing, completely neutralizing them in a sense.

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » July 3rd, 2021, 2:27 am

Soul Collector wrote:MD, nice to see another boxing fan! Took in the Loma bout. Not a fan/follower of Tank Davis so I didn't bother posting up his fight lol.

Loma came out in fine style. Can't recall seeing Nakatani before but he just came across as flat footed and awkward in his transitions from the inside. Loma did the usual, creating those sweet angles even from on the inside not really giving Nakatani a chance to do anything. Loma just has a way of making good fighters look like nothing, completely neutralizing them in a sense.

Both fan and participator of the ring dance.

I adore it. No other type of adrenaline release compares.

Agreed on Loma, he is amazing to watch. Nakatani isn't bad, don't watch him slight. Try to watch the fight highlights between Nakatani and Teofirmo Lopez. If you like Loma, u will know who Teofirmo is lol. Teofirmo won his fight against Loma few mths back. That's also an excellent rewatch.

Again, make sure to watch the highlights from Gervonta Davis's fight... trust I man, Gervonta may very well be the next Floyd.

I love Loma's style, he is currently my favourite boxer, but Gervonta very close behind. Talk about fireball pace from those two...

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » July 3rd, 2021, 1:07 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:dem men from Tajikistan dawg. Smack dab between the middle east and russia. So you know dem men HARD

The one on the right is also a singer and have more vocal range than Drake

This rabbit hole goes DEEP dawg

LOLL
Seein dat...you really deep in this thing. That vid start off like an indian vid there oui. I feel conflicted somehow :|

It only hit me way after but I know one of them from a short clip of him eating a burger calling it "BORGIR". I ain't venture as far as you tho :lol:

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » July 3rd, 2021, 1:24 pm

MDtuner70 wrote:Both fan and participator of the ring dance.

I adore it. No other type of adrenaline release compares.

Agreed on Loma, he is amazing to watch. Nakatani isn't bad, don't watch him slight. Try to watch the fight highlights between Nakatani and Teofirmo Lopez. If you like Loma, u will know who Teofirmo is lol. Teofirmo won his fight against Loma few mths back. That's also an excellent rewatch.

Again, make sure to watch the highlights from Gervonta Davis's fight... trust I man, Gervonta may very well be the next Floyd.

I love Loma's style, he is currently my favourite boxer, but Gervonta very close behind. Talk about fireball pace from those two...

Awesome man. It ain't everyone's cup of tea but for those who love it, they do it with an intense passion and that's also great to watch playout in a battle of wills & skills inside the ring.

I saw the Loma/Teo fight. Loma seemed to start off slowly intentionally and only picked up in the latter half of the fight but it wasn't enough to win him the fight sadly. I was looking forward to seeing Teo get KO'ed by Kambosos but he gone and get covid. I think Loma will dismantle him in the rematch tho. He knows better this time. He came out very busy in the 1st round last outing.

I did take in the highlights from Tank Davis but I just don't get much out of watching him fight tbh. They might set up a fight with Ryan Garcia / Tank. That's one I'd be looking forward to watching to see how Garcia (under Golden Boy - Oscar De La Hoya) stands up to Tank's power.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » July 3rd, 2021, 4:38 pm

Great content from this channel btw:

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » July 3rd, 2021, 5:42 pm

Soul Collector wrote:Great content from this channel btw:

Thanks G

Yea yea Ryan is a mc beast

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » July 12th, 2021, 1:47 pm

So it seems Fury and his team got covid - fight is postponed.

The unofficial story is that he got dropped in sparring by Jared Anderson and he's pulling out the fight OR that's he's just using covid as an excuse to pull out the fight. *big long steuepszszs*

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/1 ... 9-outbreak

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » July 17th, 2021, 3:46 pm

Manny Pacquiao vs Errol Spence - A CLOSER LOOK

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » September 24th, 2021, 11:09 pm

The world heavyweight title is up for grabs tomorrow. I'm backing Usyk.

Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » September 25th, 2021, 6:45 pm

And the NEW............ :D :D :D

Domination from USYK!!!!!!!!!!

Never seen AJ look so mash up after a fight. Not even when he got his ass knocked down. Usyk's face got some cuts but man still looked fresh after the full 12.

"Usyk dominated from the first bell, outclassing Joshua with a sublime performance in front of 67,000 fans in London.

Scores of 117-112, 116-112 and 115-113 were just reward after a sensational display from the unbeaten Usyk, who became only the third fighter after Evander Holyfield and David Haye to win world titles at cruiserweight and heavyweight."

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » September 25th, 2021, 6:57 pm

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”