TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What fast food, buy food, you miss the most during lockdown?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: What fast food, buy food, you miss the most during lockdown?

Postby matr1x » July 18th, 2021, 9:18 pm

Hoping for the 4th wave

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 18th, 2021, 9:31 pm

daring dragoon wrote:dem new kfc price matching royal castle. kfc does always do this then restructure and drop the price to bring back the customers. i dont really fancy kfc but i will go for the noodle poodle but later in the week when new chicken delivered.i does done spend 4-5 thousand a month on grocery and market so why buy food to cook and still buy fast food.

Why you alway with personal family problems ?

What fast food YOU miss ?

Simple question ole timer :D

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 18th, 2021, 10:09 pm

Underground food sales

During this period when restaurants, food establishments and street vendors are supposed to be closed and prior to tomorrow when restaurants and food outlets reopen for curbside, pickup and takeaway, with the expected run on fast food fried chicken and burger chains, citizens are still getting their favourite food fixes during the lockdown.

People can get from the iconic street food, doubles, baigan, aloo pie, saheena, pholourie, roti, Creole food, unbranded franchise fried chicken, to ethnic Venezuelan and Chinese fare, pizza and barbecue, but on the down low.

Some people are scratching their heads going this can join the list of illegal activities in TnT such as drug running, illegal guns, play whe, counterfeit goods, “fake” money, out of season “bush meat,” and protected animals.

Besides the gentrified pre-packaged food available in supermarkets, bakeries, certain gas stations and transmorphing restaurants to supermarkets, the majority of food blockade runners are keeping a low profile, staying in touch with their loyal customers, notifying them of what they have on their menu via social media platforms and Whatsapp, some even providing home delivery.

What some people mistake for a cavalier attitude and flouting the COVID-19 restrictions, in reality, the underground food service providers are driven by economic survival.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/underground-food-sales/

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 18th, 2021, 11:36 pm

in this mad little country, buying and selling food to earn some income was made illegal.

and people supported that.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 19th, 2021, 12:02 am

sMASH wrote:in this mad little country, buying and selling food to earn some income was made illegal.

To reduce activity and interaction between people to help slow the spread
Imagine what the numbers would have been like if there was no lockdown and closure of businesses?
People still can't seem to stay away - the place is busy every day
I understand the balance between lives and livelyhood but some people refuse to sacrifice

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 19th, 2021, 12:08 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Underground food sales

During this period when restaurants, food establishments and street vendors are supposed to be closed and prior to tomorrow when restaurants and food outlets reopen for curbside, pickup and takeaway, with the expected run on fast food fried chicken and burger chains, citizens are still getting their favourite food fixes during the lockdown.

People can get from the iconic street food, doubles, baigan, aloo pie, saheena, pholourie, roti, Creole food, unbranded franchise fried chicken, to ethnic Venezuelan and Chinese fare, pizza and barbecue, but on the down low.

Some people are scratching their heads going this can join the list of illegal activities in TnT such as drug running, illegal guns, play whe, counterfeit goods, “fake” money, out of season “bush meat,” and protected animals.

Besides the gentrified pre-packaged food available in supermarkets, bakeries, certain gas stations and transmorphing restaurants to supermarkets, the majority of food blockade runners are keeping a low profile, staying in touch with their loyal customers, notifying them of what they have on their menu via social media platforms and Whatsapp, some even providing home delivery.

What some people mistake for a cavalier attitude and flouting the COVID-19 restrictions, in reality, the underground food service providers are driven by economic survival.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/underground-food-sales/

^^

If one monitors social media closely - this is extremely OLD news :D

Like 2 years old :mrgreen:

There are pizza delivery , doubles orders, barbecue meats, sushi etc., etc.

Pizza delivery was excellent - home-made large with 3 tops with a 2L Coke $100

How can this contribute to COVID super spreader ? Protocols followed :angel:

Only item NOT traded on the down-low was coffee - meaning latte , cappuccino, coffee smoothies etc.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 19th, 2021, 12:43 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
sMASH wrote:in this mad little country, buying and selling food to earn some income was made illegal.

To reduce activity and interaction between people to help slow the spread
Imagine what the numbers would have been like if there was no lockdown and closure of businesses?
People still can't seem to stay away - the place is busy every day
I understand the balance between lives and livelyhood but some people refuse to sacrifice

with all that contraband selling and parties, numbers still went down. y? cuase it was the out lier super spreader event of the tobago easter, that wasnt going on. didnt need to shut down the place, the numbers would have dropped off any ways.
just had to close in door activity.

what u had for this SoE is a lot of pick up , and the stats show, it works. no need to ban it

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 19th, 2021, 1:04 am

^ pick up?

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 19th, 2021, 2:00 am

RedVEVO wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:dem new kfc price matching royal castle. kfc does always do this then restructure and drop the price to bring back the customers. i dont really fancy kfc but i will go for the noodle poodle but later in the week when new chicken delivered.i does done spend 4-5 thousand a month on grocery and market so why buy food to cook and still buy fast food.

Why you alway with personal family problems ?

What fast food YOU miss ?

Simple question ole timer :D

i would ah say i miss doubles until i make it myself an see the amount of oil that goes into making that poison. them chirren survive without the mcdonalds and noodle poodle so maybe a wing wah next saturday depending on the crowds. i man get accustomed to have the crix in the car, kiss small butter bread and the little fancy tuna for $10 and lunch cost $14 if i do buy lunch.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 19th, 2021, 6:51 am

Doubles men bright and early this morning.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 19th, 2021, 7:10 am

Could just imagine the amount of Trinis VEX how doubles men making some money again.

Smh

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » July 19th, 2021, 7:44 am

MaxPower wrote:Could just imagine the amount of Trinis VEX how doubles men making some money again.

Smh

Trinis love they doublesmen. The minority who health conscious might tote but they probably eating an almost as unhealthy meal at home anyway.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 19th, 2021, 8:38 am

I eat doubles occasionally, but not really a fan of it.I am happy that the doubles man can earn an honest living once more.
Somewhere along the line doubles has now become a political thing, no mystery why.The red government does not support doubles.Juhn like he never eat a good doubles in his life.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 19th, 2021, 9:14 am

What we really need is the nutritional profile of all our popular street foods.
Doubles easy to go after because it oily but the profile of something like a gyro must be cringe worthy as well. Those meat sticks must be sodium loaded and the sugar and fat content of the sauces added on probably would take the calories over eating two doubles. Same for BBQ, burgers etc.

Remember the subway Jared ad campaign from years ago. Six grams or fat or less was the prominent tag line and slightly less prominent was the catch - had to be certain classic subs, on a 6" roll, on italian or wheat bread, no cheese and no sauces.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 19th, 2021, 9:17 am

I guess is because they pay no taxes whatsoever don't tell me about vat we all pay that so try again....They need a tax that corresponds to their revenue
timelapse wrote:I eat doubles occasionally, but not really a fan of it.I am happy that the doubles man can earn an honest living once more.
Somewhere along the line doubles has now become a political thing, no mystery why.The red government does not support doubles.Juhn like he never eat a good doubles in his life.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » July 19th, 2021, 9:28 am

had a buy-doubles this morning and was disappointed. Wife figure out how to make better doubles than buy during the lockdown.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 19th, 2021, 9:42 am

Dizzy28 wrote:What we really need is the nutritional profile of all our popular street foods.
Doubles easy to go after because it oily but the profile of something like a gyro must be cringe worthy as well. Those meat sticks must be sodium loaded and the sugar and fat content of the sauces added on probably would take the calories over eating two doubles. Same for BBQ, burgers etc.

Remember the subway Jared ad campaign from years ago. Six grams or fat or less was the prominent tag line and slightly less prominent was the catch - had to be certain classic subs, on a 6" roll, on italian or wheat bread, no cheese and no sauces.

I like my sammiches dry
I don't know why on earth people feel they must make a sandwich look like bukkake

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 19th, 2021, 10:49 am

FB_IMG_1626704813138.jpg

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » July 19th, 2021, 11:17 am

Wendy's looking shaky..

Don't be surprised if they totally pack it in..

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 19th, 2021, 11:19 am

Dizzy28 wrote:What we really need is the nutritional profile of all our popular street foods.

Hello Dizzy28,

Trinis are not concerned about nutritional profiles.

It does not take an expert to know how unhealthy excessive oil and sodium etc can be.

Advertise and sell “healthy doubles”. Whole wheat bara! Low fat oil! Reduced calories!…….and you will BUSS. Who wants that?

Trinis just love drinking rum and eating crap.

Visceral fat is rampant.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » July 19th, 2021, 11:24 am

VII wrote:Wendy's looking shaky..

Someone should release the figures on how much forex is spent monthly due to these US fast food companies franchise costs.

The numbers must be huge.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » July 19th, 2021, 11:25 am

Ahhh yes de early morning social media pips of holding a box of heart attack today is starting to popup...

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 19th, 2021, 11:30 am

I rather they close down if it means I can get US in the bank to do business again
teems1 wrote:

Someone should release the figures on how much forex is spent monthly due to these US fast food companies franchise costs.

The numbers must be huge.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 19th, 2021, 11:47 am

They already moved out of the gas station, rent was owing so they left the restaurant equipment

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » July 19th, 2021, 11:56 am

I didn't know them still here.
I went about 2 times just before they move out of Gulf City and thought they had left the country.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 19th, 2021, 12:00 pm

eliteauto wrote:

They already moved out of the gas station, rent was owing so they left the restaurant equipment

Peakes in Tacarigua?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 19th, 2021, 12:01 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

Peakes in Tacarigua?

No, St Christopher's

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 19th, 2021, 12:11 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ pick up?
yup. tht didnt stop completely. not as much as before, but u still had things goin on on the down low, that wasnt the gas stations.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 19th, 2021, 3:48 pm

Wonder if any Trinis choked today while gobbling down all that KFC and doubles.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 19th, 2021, 3:50 pm

sMASH wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ pick up?
yup. tht didnt stop completely. not as much as before, but u still had things goin on on the down low, that wasnt the gas stations.

You mean curbside?

The point of stopping delivery, curbside etc was the same reason as closing other businesses - you have employees that have to come to work and be in contact with each other.
A restaurant or catering service that has "pick-up" still needs to have staff working with each other in the kitchen and that can contribute to the spread of the virus.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”