TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Local Covid Anti-Vaxxers vs Studies Spammers

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

So who won the pandemic debate?

Poll ended at August 3rd, 2023, 3:48 pm

Antivaxxers - Ah still alive! babylon cyah kill me!
43%
Covidians - Small pin does chook hard but it save the world.
43%
Me eh care - Allyuh keep arguing nah man, ah wining on dis bumper right here.
14%

Total votes: 14

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Local anti-vaxxers

Postby ed360123 » September 26th, 2021, 6:42 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
hover11 wrote:
teems1 wrote:
hover11 wrote:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/covid-54-of-hospital-patients-with-virus-are-fully-vaccinated-1.4670229

Covid: 54% of hospital patients with virus are fully vaccinated

Vaccine nothing

90% of Ireland is vaccinated.

It's reaching the point where everyone who gets Covid will be a breakthrough case.

However the next metric to look at is the death rate.
I thought break through cases were supposedly rare, not only does it seem common however hospitalization is not only occurring there are fully vaccinated persons in the ICU unit, just leaving that there

From the same article you posted:
"The rise in vaccinated patients in hospital is not a surprise as more and more people have been vaccinated,” said HSE chief clinical officer Dr Colm Henry.

“Vaccines were never going to be 100 per cent effective against infection; their big contribution is in preventing serious illness.”

Whereas in January up to 50 people ended up in hospital for every 1,000 Covid-19 cases, now fewer than 20 hospitalisations occur for the same number of cases."
You really expected hover to read any articles he posted? LOL.

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » September 26th, 2021, 6:46 pm

Lemme drop this article while I'm here:
https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/620161/

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 26th, 2021, 6:46 pm

hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:The vaccinated and non-vaccinated should be wearing their respective colored masks so we can distinguish and distance accordingly.
That's discrimination max and can be challenged in a court of law

Risking other people's lives is also against the law. No challenge in court needed for that though, if you know what I mean...

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 26th, 2021, 6:47 pm

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 26th, 2021, 6:51 pm

adnj wrote:Image
Afraid?... I nearly choke yes, I just don't want to join the crowd I'm ok with standing out. Not because a mass of people doing a particular act essentially makes it right

ed360123
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ed360123 » September 26th, 2021, 6:51 pm

hover11 wrote:
Afraid?... I nearly choke yes, I just don't want to join the crowd I'm ok with standing out. Not because a mass of people doing a particular act essentially makes it right
So you're only doing this to be contrarian?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 26th, 2021, 6:59 pm

ed360123 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Not only that I haven't had the cold in years, my MD certifies me in optimum health on a regular basis, if I'm not sick why am I taking something that was created in a short time frame, to prevent me from acquiring something that my natural defenses would do on their own especially a virus with 97 percent survival rate

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 26th, 2021, 7:09 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 26th, 2021, 7:13 pm

ed360123 wrote:Lemme drop this article while I'm here:
https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/620161/

I also posted that same article a few posts up today
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=763354&start=2280#p10210585

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 26th, 2021, 7:17 pm

hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:The vaccinated and non-vaccinated should be wearing their respective colored masks so we can distinguish and distance accordingly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max take win!!! hahahahahha

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 26th, 2021, 7:19 pm

hover11 wrote:
ed360123 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Not only that I haven't had the cold in years, my MD certifies me in optimum health on a regular basis, if I'm not sick why am I taking something that was created in a short time frame, to prevent me from acquiring something that my natural defenses would do on their own especially a virus with 97 percent survival rate

ahahhahahahahahhahahahaha

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Local anti-vaxxers

Postby MaxPower » September 26th, 2021, 7:22 pm

hover11 wrote:

Yeh Jason,

It is discrimination bro.

If someone is endangering my life, i am well within my right.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 26th, 2021, 7:36 pm

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » September 26th, 2021, 8:56 pm

st7 wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Just a reminder that the provaxx crowd are still outnumbered by the antivax crowd.
The minority pissing of the majority in history has never worked out well for the minority.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 26th, 2021, 9:05 pm

drchaos wrote:
st7 wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Just a reminder that the provaxx crowd are still outnumbered by the antivax crowd.
The minority pissing of the majority in history has never worked out well for the minority.

Imagine September 2021 and celebrating being in a majority of dotish and misinformed persons by an alleged doctor :roll:

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 26th, 2021, 9:20 pm

The antixaxxers outnumbers the provzxxers in the world
The stupid outnumbers the smart people in the world.

It's all connected!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 26th, 2021, 9:24 pm

drchaos wrote:
st7 wrote:
hover11 wrote:

“Here is the short version of the Kool-Aid Fallacy: Cult … therefore Jim Jones … therefore mass suicide … therefore Kool-Aid. It’s astonishing how much of social media now revolves around simple word association sequences. Absolutely no thought goes into anything. No one ever delivers an actual argument. If they ever do attempt an argument, their punctuation, spelling, grammar, logic and general education are not up to the task, and soon dissolve into meaningless mush. But usually they just hurry on to the insults and ad hominem attacks, which is the part they love. Before long, the Kool-Aid fallacy is eagerly applied. Every argument should have a Dunning-Kruger quotient associated with it. Most people are 100% on the Dunning-Kruger scale. They imagine themselves geniuses, and geniuses dunces. As ever, they have inverted reality.”
― Thomas Stark

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 27th, 2021, 7:39 am

A minority of Trinis who supporting this anti-vaxxing really starting to behave like stupid americans , your rights! oh your rights must outweigh common sense and be the main cause why this virus will continue to kill tens of thousands again. makes perfect sense. Trinis never ever have a back bone, you continue to smoke, vape, excessively drink and eat all kinds of unhealthy foods daily , yet the vaccine is not good for your body! Righhhttt!!!!!

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 27th, 2021, 8:42 am

Wait what? The majority of people are antivaxx?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 27th, 2021, 9:40 am

MFO survey shows 65 per cent vaccine hesitancy in Trinidad and Tobago

JANELLE DE SOUZA SUNDAY 16 MAY 2021

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/05/16/mfo-su ... nd-tobago/

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 27th, 2021, 10:05 am

adnj wrote:MFO survey shows 65 per cent vaccine hesitancy in Trinidad and Tobago

JANELLE DE SOUZA SUNDAY 16 MAY 2021

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/05/16/mfo-su ... nd-tobago/
No vaccine no problem

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » September 27th, 2021, 10:12 am

DMan7 wrote:The antixaxxers outnumbers the provzxxers in the world
The stupid outnumbers the smart people in the world.

It's all connected!
Just like the number of unvaccinated deaths also right?

Awaits Duane to post the graph for the 100th time for the blind to see

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 27th, 2021, 10:12 am

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 27th, 2021, 11:33 am

that report was since May. hasn't changed much since then unfortunately.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 27th, 2021, 11:50 am

Public trust, information sources and vaccine willingness related to the COVID-19 pandemic in Trinidad and Tobago: an online cross-sectional survey

August 18, 2021

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lana.2021.100051

Findings

The most trusted sources of information included health workers (32.5%) and the ministry of health (23.6 %). Increasing levels of trust in the medical sector were associated with decreasing levels of believing misinformation. Overall, 62.8 % of participants said they would take the COVID-19 vaccine if available. Regression analyses showed those who agreed that everyone should adhere to the national immunization schedule and those who would take the flu vaccine, were 2.77 (95% CI 1.77-4.35) and 4.60 (95% CI 3.11-6.84) timesmore likely to take the vaccine, respectively.

Interpretation

Our study found increasing trust in health sources, confidence in medical sector, adherence to the national immunisation schedule and acceptance of the flu vaccine may increase COVID-19 vaccine willingness rates. Although the generalisability of the findings is limited, the results of this exploratory survey may be used to identify areas for prioritisation and improvement in future research.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 27th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Overall, 62.8 % of participants said they would take the COVID-19 vaccine if available.

really? :lol: so why are we no where near that?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Local anti-vaxxers

Postby MaxPower » September 27th, 2021, 12:19 pm

Having an issue with my Trinidadian housekeeper.

She and her family choose not to be vaccinated.

While i am trying my best to understand, and still help where i can i.e - provide masks and sanitizing items, provide tablets for her two children for online school, she is yet to show any regard for the safety of my home.

I asked and begged her numerous times to always wear a mask in the house, spray Lysol in the area when you sneeze/cough, wipe door handles etc…..she refuses to do it consistently and properly. She take exactly 2 seconds to wash her hands, not 3, 2 seconds and everything is “yeh yeh i do it and yeh yeh i sanitize it” but my observations proves her lies.

I have done my part and more, and i think it’s time to terminate her and hire someone else, more than likely a vaccinated Venezuelan.

The unvaccinated continue to pose a threat to the safety of my life and family.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 27th, 2021, 12:28 pm

MaxPower wrote:Having an issue with my Trinidadian housekeeper.

While i am trying my best to understand, and still help where i can i.e - provide masks and sanitizing items, provide tablets for her two children for online school, she is yet to show any regard for the safety of my home.

I asked and begged her numerous times to always wear a mask in the house, spray Lysol in the area when you sneeze/cough, wipe door handles etc…..she refuses to do it consistently and properly. She take exactly 2 seconds to wash her hands, not 3, 2 seconds and everything is “yeh yeh i do it and yeh yeh i sanitize it” but my observations proves her lies.

I have done my part and more, and i think it’s time to terminate her and hire someone else, more than likely a vaccinated Venezuelan.

Yeah run she skunt.However, do you really want Herpes, Syphilis,Aids on everything in your house?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 27th, 2021, 12:33 pm

explain to her that this is a serious safety issue and if she want's to keep her job she needs to abide by the protocols especially proper mask wearing, especially if unvaxxed. also windows should be opened instead of using AC as ventilation is very important, although the heat these days might make that hard. unless you can get an air filter/purifier with a HEPA filter.

if she refuses to mask up then yes get someone else who is willing and also vaxxed. the law may not allow u to require existing workers to get vaxxed but u can require regular testing, though the cost may have to be incurred by the employer.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 27th, 2021, 12:50 pm

MaxPower wrote:Having an issue with my Trinidadian housekeeper.

MY HOUSE- wear the mask or seek employment elsewhere that people are willing to put up with your crap.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”