Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Budget 2021/2022

Postby Dizzy28 » October 6th, 2021, 8:57 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Just increase VAT, to 20% easiest way to collect taxes from those who evade.

Whilst increasing taxes on those who already paying their fair share i.e the salaried middle income earners, unless you have a way to charge VAT only to those already avoiding taxes.
Wouldn't raising vat to such an excessive amount increase the prices of goods and services thus increasing the headline inflation rate more?

You assume Daran knows how VAT works

Fools, no taxing system is completely fair.

But given all the freaking black market money and tax evasion going on, increasing VAT is the easiest way to collect revenue. The problem with this lies in the tax gap, which increases....to idiots like yourselves this means the lower-income pays a higher proportion of their income in taxes. Something we want to avoid. However, VAT is generally a good tax as it's based on consumption.

You combat the inequality increase by lowering income tax (perhaps raising the untaxed bracket), allowing VAT claims (maybe up to $500) on those who make minimum wage etc, increasing the minimum wage, giving some more subsidies on benefits.

Fairness in taxing is a complex economic topic, however, it is always recommended that when you have issues collecting taxes, VAT is the easiest way to recoup those lost taxes.

Daran doubling down with his foolishness but callling ppl fools.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 6th, 2021, 9:14 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:Just increase VAT, to 20% easiest way to collect taxes from those who evade.

Whilst increasing taxes on those who already paying their fair share i.e the salaried middle income earners, unless you have a way to charge VAT only to those already avoiding taxes.
Wouldn't raising vat to such an excessive amount increase the prices of goods and services thus increasing the headline inflation rate more?

You assume Daran knows how VAT works

Fools, no taxing system is completely fair.

But given all the freaking black market money and tax evasion going on, increasing VAT is the easiest way to collect revenue. The problem with this lies in the tax gap, which increases....to idiots like yourselves this means the lower-income pays a higher proportion of their income in taxes. Something we want to avoid. However, VAT is generally a good tax as it's based on consumption.

You combat the inequality increase by lowering income tax (perhaps raising the untaxed bracket), allowing VAT claims (maybe up to $500) on those who make minimum wage etc, increasing the minimum wage, giving some more subsidies on benefits.

Fairness in taxing is a complex economic topic, however, it is always recommended that when you have issues collecting taxes, VAT is the easiest way to recoup those lost taxes.

Daran doubling down with his foolishness but callling ppl fools.
Make it make sense

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 6th, 2021, 9:20 am

Dizzy28 wrote:There is a band. Over 1m pays 30% on the excess income over the mil.
hover11 wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:there were tiered income tax bands in the 80's and 90's, no?

Doh bring back that sheit nah
So you fine it fair ,honestly, with the current structure ?

Forgot about that!
Because I nowhere near that category lmao.

Do you have the data on the old bands?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 6th, 2021, 9:26 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:There is a band. Over 1m pays 30% on the excess income over the mil.
hover11 wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:there were tiered income tax bands in the 80's and 90's, no?

Doh bring back that sheit nah
So you fine it fair ,honestly, with the current structure ?

Forgot about that!
Because I nowhere near that category lmao.

Do you have the data on the old bands?

When I get some time I'm sure they around.

When I started working the income tax allowance was $25k/annum and I had to pay tax on my meagre $4,500/month (my third job actually). The first two was at $2k/month so I wasn't even reaching up to the $25,000 allowance.

Penguin
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Penguin » October 6th, 2021, 9:27 am

I honestly think VAT should go back up to 15% but stay zero rated on many essential items.

Lowering VAT to 12.5% was a foolish gimmick that Colm probably regrets everyday. I remember many economists saying so, even former PNM ministers like Mariano Brown and Karen Nunez-Tesheira had said so.

But bringing it to 20% is too high. I understand why DPD said it. But it's only practical if you drop OPT or Property Tax, or reducing income tax.

Another method of freaking over tax evaders is to discourage use of cash. But apparently banks need you to bring 2 dozen docs to get an account so there doesn't seem to be an incentive to stop tax evaders.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 6th, 2021, 10:02 am

Penguin wrote:I honestly think VAT should go back up to 15% but stay zero rated on many essential items.

Lowering VAT to 12.5% was a foolish gimmick that Colm probably regrets everyday. I remember many economists saying so, even former PNM ministers like Mariano Brown and Karen Nunez-Tesheira had said so.

But bringing it to 20% is too high. I understand why DPD said it. But it's only practical if you drop OPT or Property Tax, or reducing income tax.

Another method of freaking over tax evaders is to discourage use of cash. But apparently banks need you to bring 2 dozen docs to get an account so there doesn't seem to be an incentive to stop tax evaders.

Shadow economy pumping hard.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 6th, 2021, 10:05 am

Penguin wrote:I honestly think VAT should go back up to 15% but stay zero rated on many essential items.

The largest tax evaders are the wealthy to the super wealthy.

Capital gains tax is were they evade their taxes . They have worth on paper and that grows daily. When they need cash they just convert some stock collect the cash and pay next to nothing in taxes.

These folk don't ever have to work.

tarzan
Sweet on this forum

Postby tarzan » October 6th, 2021, 10:24 am

zoom rader wrote:

Capital gains tax is were they evade their taxes . They have worth on paper and that grows daily. When they need cash they just convert some stock collect the cash and pay next to nothing in taxes.

only a handful of people locally can do this , in the us this method is more prominent

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 6th, 2021, 11:02 am

tarzan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

only a handful of people locally can do this , in the us this method is more prominent
Nope don't be fooled

There are sizable chunk of people who fall in this group. They keep a very low profile. They just don't bling it up with cars , houses ext.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 6th, 2021, 11:11 am

zoom rader wrote:
tarzan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Nope don't be fooled

There are sizable chunk of people who fall in this group. They keep a very low profile. They just don't bling it up with cars , houses ext.
Zoom is speaking the truth in my line of work you meet various persons from different economic backgrounds....ppl who look like sufferers have and most of the time the ppl that LOOK well off New cars, dressing in the best struggling to make ends gotta love Trinidad

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 6th, 2021, 11:19 am

There's a guy who owns a decent-sized building near SAPA. I came to meet him to lease some office space and lock in a good rate before the construction was complete. The guy pull up in a old PBW Benz E-class, in short pants and sleeveless. Dude tell me, "Boy this building was cheap to build, it only cost me 30M to put down, you should see some of the other works I have planned. This is literally pocket change for me".

Got him talking and he said he leaving this building for one of he grandchild, he talked about a huge housing development he was making via Caribbean Homes, he talked about putting down multiple buildings in Guyana.

All the while, this man looking like a doubles man. Can't even remember he name, might have been Avinash something...

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » October 6th, 2021, 11:43 am

Dohplaydat wrote:There's a guy who owns a decent-sized building near SAPA. I came to meet him to lease some office space and lock in a good rate before the construction was complete. The guy pull up in a old PBW Benz E-class, in short pants and sleeveless. Dude tell me, "Boy this building was cheap to build, it only cost me 30M to put down, you should see some of the other works I have planned. This is literally pocket change for me".

Got him talking and he said he leaving this building for one of he grandchild, he talked about a huge housing development he was making via Caribbean Homes, he talked about putting down multiple buildings in Guyana.

All the while, this man looking like a doubles man. Can't even remember he name, might have been Avinash something...

If this is in fact a true story then you are being very irresponsible in releasing this amount of private information about somebody that you did business with on an open forum.

You already identify the building he owns, the car he drives, his investments and possibly even his name.

Need to be mindful that when people tell you things in business it's usually in confidence.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 6th, 2021, 11:55 am

Dohplaydat wrote:There's a guy who owns a decent-sized building near SAPA. I came to meet him to lease some office space and lock in a good rate before the construction was complete. The guy pull up in a old PBW Benz E-class, in short pants and sleeveless. Dude tell me, "Boy this building was cheap to build, it only cost me 30M to put down, you should see some of the other works I have planned. This is literally pocket change for me".

That is rich Indian. Some of the richest dress and look like that. You would never expect it.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 6th, 2021, 11:58 am

Redress10 wrote:

If this is in fact a true story then you are being very irresponsible in releasing this amount of private information about somebody that you did business with on an open forum.

You already identify the building he owns, the car he drives, his investments and possibly even his name.

Need to be mindful that when people tell you things in business it's usually in confidence.

Noted, but this man like to talk and I ain't reveal any real details. But I'm sure some can infer who he is, truth is this was almost 10 years ago, I don't even know the guy still alive.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 6th, 2021, 11:58 am

It goes both ways. The man don’t know him from nowhere but boasting about all his investments . What was the need for that? Everybody probably know his business anyway with that kind of showing off.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 6th, 2021, 12:24 pm

Zoom this is a joke right, after 3 billion dollars Tobago still not satisfied. Na man what more they want or could it be tobagonians are finally fed up?
FB_IMG_1633537397496.jpg

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 6th, 2021, 12:45 pm

hover11 wrote:Zoom this is a joke right, after 3 billion dollars Tobago still not satisfied. Na man what more they want or could it be tobagonians are finally fed up?
FB_IMG_1633537397496.jpg
Tobago was programmed that way.

Don't be fool these people are promted to act this way. It's all game to increase money and make these ppl dependant.

It's the same story where the red government will stave or make sure something fails. Then they stage ppl to complain after they throw money at it and the money then goes to family and friends via contacts. Potholes and ferry are a perfect example.

Then every red government idiots clap and say the government doing a good job.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 6th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Oh my...

Fmr. Finance Minister Karen Nunes-Tesheira takes Minister Allyson West and the current Administration to task over PPPs (Public Private Partnerships) and the lack of regulatory oversight…

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 6th, 2021, 3:25 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Oh my...

Fmr. Finance Minister Karen Nunes-Tesheira takes Minister Allyson West and the current Administration to task over PPPs (Public Private Partnerships) and the lack of regulatory oversight…

She not important that's old red government stock.

This the new 1% stock

Manning was a little smarter to keep a distant away from 1%. If anything Manning was more pro black and Rowlee is nutting more but a house Negro

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 6th, 2021, 3:32 pm

zoom rader wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Oh my...

She not important that's old red government stock.

This the new 1% stock

Manning was a little smarter to keep a distant away from 1%. If anything Manning was more pro black and Rowlee is nutting more but a house Negro
She was also accused of insider trading, but is red party, so that doesn't matter

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 6th, 2021, 3:34 pm

Hands down she used her positions to pull funds outta CIB.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 6th, 2021, 4:04 pm

Not good enough?

Ok so what’s the next step?

What is the game plan?

Tobago nothing.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 6th, 2021, 4:10 pm

MaxPower wrote:Not good enough?

What is the game plan?

Tobago nothing.
Max ,

Everyone knows red government needs tobago to win

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 6th, 2021, 4:13 pm

Tobago going back PNM.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 6th, 2021, 4:18 pm

wtf wrote:Tobago going back PNM.

There you have it

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » October 6th, 2021, 4:19 pm

They lie when they say we like it so.

We love it so.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 6th, 2021, 6:15 pm

Redman wrote:Hands down she used her positions to pull funds outta CIB.
Why did you not say the same back then?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 6th, 2021, 6:18 pm

What is the game plan?

Tobago nothing.
Tobago is red government Island to serve massa as waiters and chambermaids.

Habitarse 7 said its good progress for Tobago people

House Negros keeping field Negros at a distance.

Jah bless brother Malcom Shabazz

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 6th, 2021, 6:19 pm

zoom rader wrote:

What is the game plan?

Tobago nothing.
Tobago is red government Island to serve massa as waiters and chambermaids.

Habitarse 7 said its good progress for Tobago people

House Negros keeping field Negros at a distance.

Jah bless brother Malcom Shabazz
Tobago is a big modern day plantations?

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » October 6th, 2021, 6:33 pm

Tobago ppl only good for servitude. Keith and his beg of morons have been hiring in the public sector even though there is supposed to be a freeze.

But we hate our own. That why we tolerating venes breaching the borderd

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”