Forums

Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

Postby MaxPower » May 20th, 2022, 5:25 pm

Right now allyuh should be bracing yourselves for another PNM 2025 victory.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 20th, 2022, 5:53 pm

frozen goat leg actually went down a few to 50\lb , fresh is about same

i hear fresh pork is 25\lb

i dunno what beef goes for so somebody cud put that figure here ...

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 20th, 2022, 5:55 pm

MaxPower wrote:Right now allyuh should be bracing yourselves for another PNM 2025 victory.
Max,

Correct, trinis need 5 more years of pipe as the masochists they are

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 20th, 2022, 6:42 pm

15 yrs of continuous pee nm pipe will run this country into d ground ...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 20th, 2022, 7:26 pm

Rovin wrote:15 yrs of continuous pee nm pipe will run this country into d ground ...

Likewise with UNC under their failed leader, Kamla.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 21st, 2022, 5:56 am

MaxPower wrote:
Rovin wrote:15 yrs of continuous pee nm pipe will run this country into d ground ...

Kamla only had 1 turn, so did Panday, so did Robinson.PNM should know better by now, yet here we are.
I challenge any PNM minister to have a sensible debate about any issue without resorting to blame and slander.Never going to happen.That is how they have always won and that is the state of mind of PNM voters.Low mentality that prefers gossip and bachannal over the truth.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 21st, 2022, 7:38 am

this current crop of pnm just not able in these hard times
they can’t swim in the deep

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 21st, 2022, 7:45 am

timelapse wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Kamla only had 1 turn, so did Panday, so did Robinson.PNM should know better by now, yet here we are.
I challenge any PNM minister to have a sensible debate about any issue without resorting to blame and slander.Never going to happen.That is how they have always won and that is the state of mind of PNM voters.Low mentality that prefers gossip and bachannal over the truth.

When last PNM had a DEBATE about anything in T&T. Maybe when Capildeo and Williams were alive.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 21st, 2022, 8:10 am

timelapse wrote:Kamla only had 1 turn, so did Panday, so did Robinson.PNM should know better by now, yet here we are.

times,

I voted for Kamla and she failed me.

Saying “OH she only had 1 turn” sounds like an OK to fail and we should understand and show sympathy. If they did such a great job or i saw some sort of progress and initiative, maybe i would not have changed my vote.

When will the excuses stop?

The UNC needs to do better or they will continue to be UNimportant at this stage and the stages to come. They are doing NOTHING to convince me to change my vote….nothing.

Elections is around the corner old boy and another PNM victory approaches us.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 21st, 2022, 9:06 am

MaxPower wrote:
timelapse wrote:Kamla only had 1 turn, so did Panday, so did Robinson.PNM should know better by now, yet here we are.

times,

Saying “OH she only had 1 turn” sounds like an OK to fail and we should understand and show sympathy. If they did such a great job or i saw some sort of progress and initiative, maybe i would not have changed my vote.

The UNC needs to do better or they will continue to be UNimportant at this stage and the stages to come. They are doing NOTHING to convince me to change my vote….nothing.

Max,

With all due respect my good sir. Master Keith and the rest of the PNM are failing you everyday and yet you will be putting them back in power. You giving the party that not meeting the mark another chance, think of it like a business if an employee isn't up to standard isn't he fired. Remember they work for us, not the other way around. Yet here we are settling and basking in mediocrity.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 21st, 2022, 10:40 am

HIGH FEED COSTS AND MORE PRICE HIKES TO COME

https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/hig ... ium=social

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 21st, 2022, 11:16 am

MaxPower wrote:

times,

ok u say kamla failed u , fine - what has keith & d pee nm done for u or d rest of d country to better\improve our lives ?

are we living better now & what has improved since they came in compared to how things were during 2010-2015 ?

give ur unbiased response without mentioning kamla, she teef out d treasury or throwing any sort of blame kamla ole talk - stick to d facts only & not d politicking

b4 anybody say ise ah unc : i think most politicians only GAF about themselves\bank acct & not d ppl .... :|

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 21st, 2022, 11:58 am

Rovin, that's not something u think, it's something you know.

As regards the article hover11 mentioned, that just the start, the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

Very soon you all will hear farmers bawling for fertilizer. I know several that have already started to stockpile manure from chicken farms, because they seeing what coming down the road, and they done know when the proverbial SHTF it go be ketch arse to even get that. And without fertilizer, local agriculture crop production will shrink, which will lead to higher prices and severe shortages.

My chupid advice, if you have space, use it to grow something you consume. If you have yard space to keep chickens or other poultry, do it now, post haste. If you don't have the space for livestock, plant something, anything. Dasheen can grow in a bucket, tomato, peppers, seasonings can grow in pots. Time to start thinking outside the box, and stop depending on people that don't care if you and your family starve to death.

Hungry belly times ahead people, don't say you eh kno it was coming.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 21st, 2022, 12:24 pm

Rovin wrote:
ok u say kamla failed u , fine - what has keith & d pee nm done for u or d rest of d country to better\improve our lives ?

are we living better now & what has improved since they came in compared to how things were during 2010-2015 ?

give ur unbiased response without mentioning kamla, she teef out d treasury or throwing any sort of blame kamla ole talk - stick to d facts only & not d politicking

b4 anybody say ise ah unc : i think most politicians only GAF about themselves\bank acct & not d ppl .... :|

Rov,

You actually sound like ah unc but thas just my impression, no worries man and no offense.

Well for one, the murder rate was high under the UNC and PNM, so they both failed in that.

Under the UNC in this pandemic, they wanted to open the borders too soon and that would have been catastrophic. The PNM handled the pandemic very carefully and they continue to do so. Cases and deaths were high, but that was due to the irresponsibility of Trinis. The healthcare system did not collapse, no Trinis were howling like monkeys crying for beds and medical attention. Bodies were not burning on the pavement due to overcrowding as some countries. Under the UNC, many more would have died and suffered.

Lastly, i can only speak for my constituency, Point Fortin. My MP, Commander Kennedy Richards Jr is creating wonders for his people.

You have a few minutes? If you are on IG, check out @kennedyrichardsjr_official and have a look. Which UNC MP is doing this? Maybe you can direct me to change my thinking and reconsider my vote for 2025.

Note, i have not blamed Kamla yet.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 21st, 2022, 12:30 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Rovin wrote:

Rov,

You actually sound like ah unc but thas just my impression, no worries man and no offense.

Well for one, the murder rate was high under the UNC and PNM, so they both failed in that.

Under the UNC in this pandemic, they wanted to open the borders too soon and that would have been catastrophic. The PNM handled the pandemic very carefully and they continue to do so. Cases and deaths were high, but that was due to the irresponsibility of Trinis. The healthcare system did not collapse, no Trinis were howling like monkeys crying for beds and medical attention. Bodies were not burning on the pavement due to overcrowding as some countries. Under the UNC, many more would have died and suffered.

Lastly, i can only speak for my constituency, Point Fortin. My MP, Commander Kennedy Richards Jr is creating wonders for his people.

You have a few minutes? If you are on IG, check out @kennedyrichardsjr_official and have a look. Which UNC MP is doing this? Maybe you can direct me to change my thinking and reconsider my vote for 2025.

Note, i have not blamed Kamla yet.
Max,

Really man....look around you how has life been for you from 2015 to present time. Has your standard of living improved or deteriorated? How can you sleep and night and say yea boy these ppl doing a good job? Please remember voter turn our has been the lowest in years ppl are not enticed to vote for pnm or unc due to the inadequacies in both parties. However PNM is highly unfavourable and ppl keep returning like they have battered woman syndrome. You speak of point fortin what about the PNM strongholds beetham laventille east dry river port of Spain diego Martin , how has their living conditions improved tbh those places look the same after 29 years of my life.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 21st, 2022, 2:23 pm

max

during d pandemic d pee nm did what they had to do as did all govts throughout d world to keep d population alive to vote for them later whenever election is called , they did what is required of them - dise nutten to be praising them about, same if unc was in power & did exactly d same ... all that imagination about what d unc wuda\coda\shuda do if they were in power during d pandemic is just speculation\guessing ... that is not a strong argument

i dont have much reasons to be up on point side so i will have to take ur word for it , hope yall getting all d road smooth, nice pavements with no missin manhole covers, water , proper infrastructure, health care , policing, low crime rate etc , if u honestly do then good for yall

not because somebody asking what d pnm doing or pointing out their crap automatically makes somebody "AH UNC" i voted for cop & others besides unc

i live in d strongest unc area Chaguanas & jes like lavanty stronghold they take u for granted banking on d race\tribal voting & barely do much to improve our lives but always mamaguying d ppl ... even though we had panday & kamla as PM we barely got any real improvements & both were in power when $ wasnt a problem

things in this country has gotten considerably worst under d pee nm & dont blame covid as a cover up excuse, they simply mismanaging & pillaging d treasury like they have always done , yes unc teef too but i sure most wud agree life was a little bit easier under them than d pee nm, many have said that to me in real life not behind screens

like i said politicians here jes to ride ppl back & live a nice financial life for themselves ...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 21st, 2022, 3:21 pm

hover11 wrote:Max,

Really man....look around you how has life been for you from 2015 to present time.

Has your standard of living improved or deteriorated?

How can you sleep and night and say yea boy these ppl doing a good job?

You speak of point fortin what about the PNM strongholds beetham laventille east dry river port of Spain diego Martin , how has their living conditions improved tbh those places look the same after 29 years of my life.

Jason,

My life has been better with my new MP, Commander Kennedy Richards Jr.

My standard of living has deteriorated, but there is NO doubt inside me that the UNC would have done the same, similar or worse eventually.

I sleep quite fine at night as i have adapted and have been putting in the extra time to cover my losses. In my case, to benefit me, the PNM has been doing a better job. You mentioned Laventille and EDR Diego Martin…and you have implied that that both parties have done nothing for 29 years.

So bear with me Jason and answer me this. Would you vote for the party that did nothing for those areas AND yours? Or would you vote for the party that did nothing in those areas but it did something for yours.

Padna between you and me, those areas are mostly criminal hotspot gang areas and are responsible for the majority of the crime in T&T so i couldn’t care less about them. If even the UNC had some “plan” to improve their living conditions, i am not going to vote for them to shaft my area.
Last edited by MaxPower on May 21st, 2022, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 21st, 2022, 3:31 pm

Rovin wrote:max

during d pandemic d pee nm did what they had to do as did all govts throughout d world to keep d population alive to vote for them later whenever election is called , they did what is required of them - dise nutten to be praising them about, same if unc was in power & did exactly d same ... all that imagination about what d unc wuda\coda\shuda do if they were in power during d pandemic is just speculation\guessing ... that is not a strong argument

i dont have much reasons to be up on point side so i will have to take ur word for it , hope yall getting all d road smooth, nice pavements with no missin manhole covers, water , proper infrastructure, health care , policing, low crime rate etc , if u honestly do then good for yall

not because somebody asking what d pnm doing or pointing out their crap automatically makes somebody "AH UNC" i voted for cop & others besides unc

i live in d strongest unc area Chaguanas & jes like lavanty stronghold they take u for granted banking on d race\tribal voting & barely do much to improve our lives but always mamaguying d ppl ... even though we had panday & kamla as PM we barely got any real improvements & both were in power when $ wasnt a problem

things in this country has gotten considerably worst under d pee nm & dont blame covid as a cover up excuse, they simply mismanaging & pillaging d treasury like they have always done , yes unc teef too but i sure most wud agree life was a little bit easier under them than d pee nm, many have said that to me in real life not behind screens

like i said politicians here jes to ride ppl back & live a nice financial life for themselves ...

Yeh boi Rov, i agree with quite a bit of your points. And it wasnt imagining bro, the PNM did what other govts did, but the UNC was pushing to “open up” the country. What type of delusional thinking was this? I tellin yuh, had we done what Kamla wanted, more would have died.

Yeh bro, up in Point is not hundred but check out the IG page and see how much is being done and how well the progress and communication is. Point is paving the way right now and NO other UNC MP can come close…why? Because elections not that close as yet which is only when they would start to work. Our work done start long time padna. Forward movements.

But im sorry you hardly see any improvements, it’s just because you don’t have a competent and considerate MP. But don’t worry, weeks before elections they will sort you out and walk in your street begging for a smile and a hand shake. Oh and u said it your self…if Kamla teef too, then that will have consequences later down the road, meaning now.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 21st, 2022, 7:22 pm

u hadda understand how local politicians operate , if 1 say white d other side say black , if 1 say up other say down , if is right d other say is left , 1 say north other say south etc , so dont study if kamla say she wuda open up d country early that she wuda really done it - dise ole talk , trying to appease those who wanted an earlier opening cause no money making for them

during d pandemic d pnm govt was guided by local experts in their field like d cmo, health experts, security experts, etc & to some extent : d businessmen\party financiers\1% ... doh ever feel politicians operate on their own , they always have somebody pulling their strings

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 21st, 2022, 7:56 pm

The role of any opposition is to do just that ....oppose what the government says whether be right or wrong.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » May 21st, 2022, 8:08 pm

Rovin wrote:max

Both of the primary parties in our Island are full of corruption, they care nothing for the good of our people, they only serve themselves, but due to the ignorance and separation of Indian and Blacks, they will always remain in power until people wake to hell up and start wanting a proper change for the entire country’s benefit.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 21st, 2022, 8:22 pm

^you sounding like PEA dey brudda

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 22nd, 2022, 12:18 pm

paid_influencer wrote:^you sounding like PEA dey brudda
You actually hear coherent ideas from PEAnut?

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » May 22nd, 2022, 3:09 pm

That fellah is a social media warrior, like Ian, & dat Suzette woman. I doh see he being a real politician.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 22nd, 2022, 5:01 pm

timelapse wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:^you sounding like PEA dey brudda
You actually hear coherent ideas from PEAnut?

Don't be disrespecting Peanut like that eh
peanut.png

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 22nd, 2022, 10:04 pm

they good exactly where they are
i don’t know what makes these social media ppl think they automatically can be politicians

viedcht wrote:That fellah is a social media warrior, like Ian, & dat Suzette woman. I doh see he being a real politician.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 22nd, 2022, 10:06 pm

Dave wrote:The role of any opposition is to do just that ....oppose what the government says whether be right or wrong.

Davanand,

The role for the opposition right now is to secure the elections in 2025.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » May 22nd, 2022, 10:15 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Dave wrote:The role of any opposition is to do just that ....oppose what the government says whether be right or wrong.

Davanand,

The role for the opposition right now is to secure the elections in 2025.
PNM 2025, prepare thy Angus more pipe cometh

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 23rd, 2022, 6:29 am

pugboy wrote:they good exactly where they are
i don’t know what makes these social media ppl think they automatically can be politicians

viedcht wrote:That fellah is a social media warrior, like Ian, & dat Suzette woman. I doh see he being a real politician.
Social media makes people believe that they can be anything!

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » May 24th, 2022, 11:24 am

The fake support does ketch dem.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”