Forums

Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

Postby eliteauto » October 13th, 2021, 12:53 pm

Redress10 wrote:No you said status symbol alluding to it being equal to a luxury good. A cup of coffee is not a luxury good in the developed world.

Don't try to change it into social media status symbol now. That is a completely different topic altogether. That still doesn't compare to TT. Having something "trending" is completely different to having something positioned as a status symbol such as Starbucks, ddi, prestigious schools, all inclusive fetes etc. I have never been to starbucks in TT but I went to starbucks in US, Europe etc. Not because it was a status symbol but because I was hungry and they were convenient.

It literally is just a coffee shop in those countries. Maybe they may have a new product that trends etc but I can guarantee you that nobody in Europe/USA going to a starbucks location to be "seen". They do that for high end dinners such as Nusr-et steakhouse etc.

Hope that clears up some things.

So it's not reading and comprehension is the challenge, it just the reading part, so lemme quote myself so you won't try again to say that I changed anything
This is my first post on the topic:
eliteauto wrote:Oh please, those branded coffees are social media status symbols globally, don't try making that a Trini thing, and yes Trinis are facetious, not unlike so many people everywhere on social media, allyuh self-hate misplaced oui

See why I sent you to IG, cause it's pictures there so you might grasp.

Hope this clears things up

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 13th, 2021, 12:56 pm

Trinis really dotish oui. Starbucks a status symbol in Trinidad. Bunch of third world hooligans.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 12:56 pm

Redress10 wrote:Zoom

Those cows you have is for dairy or meat?
Meat and some dairy in small quantities.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 13th, 2021, 1:14 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Trinis really dotish oui. Starbucks a status symbol in Trinidad. Bunch of third world hooligans.
We already have 'summer' events.
Starbucks is a status symbol amongst zoomers because that's probably the most expensive thing that they can afford.If they were seriously concerned about status, they would save and invest their hard earned cash.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 13th, 2021, 1:21 pm

Starbucks have too many posers who don’t know jack sheit about coffee.

With their annoying social media posts with stupid hashtags and “coffee is life”.

But complaining and ketching their ass to pay bills.

Now if you can afford to go to Starbucks everyday, then by all means, do it. But don’t try to rank up and yuh ass broke.

Learn to settle for less especially in these times.

Make/brew your own damn coffee.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » October 13th, 2021, 1:25 pm

eliteauto wrote:
Redress10 wrote:No you said status symbol alluding to it being equal to a luxury good. A cup of coffee is not a luxury good in the developed world.

Don't try to change it into social media status symbol now. That is a completely different topic altogether. That still doesn't compare to TT. Having something "trending" is completely different to having something positioned as a status symbol such as Starbucks, ddi, prestigious schools, all inclusive fetes etc. I have never been to starbucks in TT but I went to starbucks in US, Europe etc. Not because it was a status symbol but because I was hungry and they were convenient.

It literally is just a coffee shop in those countries. Maybe they may have a new product that trends etc but I can guarantee you that nobody in Europe/USA going to a starbucks location to be "seen". They do that for high end dinners such as Nusr-et steakhouse etc.

Hope that clears up some things.

So it's not reading and comprehension is the challenge, it just the reading part, so lemme quote myself so you won't try again to say that I changed anything
This is my first post on the topic:
eliteauto wrote:Oh please, those branded coffees are social media status symbols globally, don't try making that a Trini thing, and yes Trinis are facetious, not unlike so many people everywhere on social media, allyuh self-hate misplaced oui

See why I sent you to IG, cause it's pictures there so you might grasp.

Hope this clears things up

Bro a status symbol is an object that is meant to signify its owners' high social and economic standing. A cup of coffee in a developed country could never be a status symbol to those people. No amt of social media tags could ever change that. Especially starbucks coffee that is essentially a fast food chain. Starbucks is simply viewed as the coffee version of mcdonald's. So you are still wrong.

Social media is simply about marketing so ppl post stuff like that on social media not as a status symbol but because they are encouraged to by brands and also may be rewarded. That is what drives social media posts in places outside of TT not because they see the brand as some sort of status symbol. Which is what the person was talking about so I don't know why you introduce social media into it.

If minimum wage in TT is 18 dollars or something and a cup of coffee or chiller there is 50 dollars then we can see how it could appear to trini as a status symbol. But the point is, how starbucks in TT is viewed by the population is completely different to how starbucks in US/europe is viewed by their population. If you don't want to believe that then you just being naive.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 13th, 2021, 1:36 pm

I could understand eliteauto post because it's the same thing he does here. Throw out names and brands to impress.

#poserauto

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 13th, 2021, 1:40 pm

sam1978 wrote:I could understand eliteauto post because it's the same thing he does here. Throw out names and brands to impress.

#poserauto

samantha when last you had some starbucks

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 13th, 2021, 1:42 pm

sam1978 wrote:I could understand eliteauto post because it's the same thing he does here. Throw out names and brands to impress.

#poserauto

Miss, I'm a taxi driver, what names and brands I does throw out? Nissan? Hyundai? Toyota? Who here I wanna impress? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HERE? Ahahahahahahahaha

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 13th, 2021, 1:46 pm

It might be hard for you to recall all the stories and poser posts you made (lies have a tendency to be forgotten) , so go and check back over your posts and you'll see what I mean.

#brandsauto #foolingnobodybutyourselfauto
Last edited by sam1978 on October 13th, 2021, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 13th, 2021, 1:48 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:

#poserauto

Starbucks is for nobodies like you who make profiles to big up themselves on social media. Same principle as posing with starbucks. I've never drank coffee. Think why you call yourself superior man. Making up for some shortfall i'm sure.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 13th, 2021, 1:50 pm

eliteauto wrote:

#poserauto

Miss, I'm a taxi driver, what names and brands I does throw out? Nissan? Hyundai? Toyota? Who here I wanna impress? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: HERE? Ahahahahahahahaha

Poserauto , here is the only place you are a big boy.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 13th, 2021, 1:51 pm

sam1978 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

#poserauto

Starbucks is for nobodies like you who make profiles to big up themselves on social media. Same principle as posing with starbucks. I've never drank coffee. Think why you call yourself superior man. Making up for some shortfall i'm sure.

Samantha,

why you hadda behave like a jamet so.

starbucks too expensive for mutts like you or what?

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 13th, 2021, 1:53 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
sam1978 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

#poserauto

Samantha,

Pantyboy, don't go there. You could impress little girls and boys, but you know to yourself the reality. Admit it, even if it's to yourself.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 1:54 pm

MaxPower wrote:Starbucks have too many posers who don’t know jack sheit about coffee.

With their annoying social media posts with stupid hashtags and “coffee is life”.

Now if you can afford to go to Starbucks everyday, then by all means, do it. But don’t try to rank up and yuh ass broke.

Hongwing coffee in dey MC.

To me Starbucks is a bit overrated, I won't buy that but In the UK I preferred a brand called Costa it's just about the same price. Coffee is just coffee so if I see a nescaffe machine I will have rather gave that at a cheaper price. In the UK depending where you are you can get a cup from £1.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 13th, 2021, 1:56 pm

sam1978 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
sam1978 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

#poserauto

Samantha,

Pantyboy, don't go there. You could impress little girls and boys, but you know to yourself the reality. Admit it, even if it's to yourself.

Samanta be careful you don't buss your files again eh.

The mods and admins watching you

Here are the different accounts mis spelling "edvendence" and proof of this.

Zoom Rader -

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=700270&start=1200#p10142884
http://img.trinituner.com/v4/forums/vie ... #p10141604

One Eye -

http://trinituner.com/v4/forums//viewto ... #p10165898

Kickstart -

http://trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtop ... start=1980

Bluefete -

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=759135&start=30#p10120821

Sam1978 -

viewtopic.php?p=10177886#p10177886

Here is sam1978 getting make out and responding with the wrong account

viewtopic.php?p=10178046#p10178046

Now the term "edvendence" is not a common spelling mistake....in fact if you google it, it actually brings up trinituner as the second result with only TWELVE results in entire internet. So it is likely that it's one person using these accounts.

So this all begs two questions,

why would someone have all of these alt accounts and play both sides? His alter egos Zoom Rader and Kickstart continually makes inflammatory UNC posts while One Eye etc sides with PNM.

Also why would the mods allow this?
Is it secretly an admin/mod doing this to be as controversial as possible to get more views thus raking in more advertisers? or is it just to have fun? Maybe it's an incel weirdo who has enough time and this is form of pleasure? There is one mod who takes the side of these accounts.

Now you have to wonder how many accounts are actually the same person on here?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 13th, 2021, 1:57 pm

zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Starbucks have too many posers who don’t know jack sheit about coffee.

To me Starbucks is a bit overrated, I won't buy that but In the UK I preferred a brand called Costa it's just about the same price. Coffee is just coffee so if I see a nescaffe machine I will have rather gave that at a cheaper price. In the UK depending where you are you can get a cup from £1.

Hongwing is a quality product.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 1:58 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Hongwing is a quality product.
Yes and it's want I use home

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 13th, 2021, 2:08 pm

Given the amount of attention you guys giving to the people you denigrating for seeking that attention ...seems they've achieved their goal.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 2.12.36 PM.png
Last edited by Redman on October 13th, 2021, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 13th, 2021, 2:09 pm

believe it or not
amongst coffee drinkers world wide there exists a huge social snob ladder
of which we are seeing exhibited right in this thread

if you google coffee snobs you will see what i am referring to

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 2:23 pm

pugboy wrote:believe it or not
amongst coffee drinkers world wide there exists a huge social snob ladder
of which we are seeing exhibited right in this thread

if you google coffee snobs you will see what i am referring to
I still on hongwing, plus I get local backyard coffee . Notting beats local coffee

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 13th, 2021, 2:24 pm

Hongwing isnt bad at all

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » October 13th, 2021, 2:38 pm

Rovin wrote:$2 u say , wda , wa kinda piping is that

... ah not saying u lying but if 1 of u tuners cud go takes some pics\video for d rest of us to see\believe ...

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 13th, 2021, 2:39 pm

Hongwing is the shiznit.Not the instant, thats rubbish.The real deal boiling kind

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 13th, 2021, 2:55 pm

Inferiorboy, the same pantyman moderator who telling you people email could check for you to see all who have multiple accounts , and then to repay him you could go double palm and give him a bool.

I see a mod on Facebook kissing a frog , but it didn’t turn into a prince /princess. .

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 13th, 2021, 3:02 pm

timelapse wrote:Hongwing is the shiznit.Not the instant, thats rubbish.The real deal boiling kind

Is there any big difference between coffees?
Last edited by sam1978 on October 13th, 2021, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » October 13th, 2021, 3:02 pm

I only buy Starbox once for the year.
I recently went in Gulf City for 'Vackscene' and on the way out, I say lemme support the 1% after all they doing to help out in this pandemic. I buy one of the equivalent to the Chiller.

I prefer the starbox one than rituals only because it doesn't get watery at the end.
Me eh even study my pocket once. I put my hand and pull out a few hunjeds and I pay with one.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 13th, 2021, 3:36 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
sam1978 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:
sam1978 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

#poserauto

Samantha,

Samanta be careful you don't buss your files again eh.

The mods and admins watching you

Here are the different accounts mis spelling "edvendence" and proof of this.

Zoom Rader -

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=700270&start=1200#p10142884
http://img.trinituner.com/v4/forums/vie ... #p10141604

One Eye -

http://trinituner.com/v4/forums//viewto ... #p10165898

Kickstart -

http://trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtop ... start=1980

Bluefete -

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=759135&start=30#p10120821

Sam1978 -

viewtopic.php?p=10177886#p10177886

Here is sam1978 getting make out and responding with the wrong account

viewtopic.php?p=10178046#p10178046

Now the term "edvendence" is not a common spelling mistake....in fact if you google it, it actually brings up trinituner as the second result with only TWELVE results in entire internet. So it is likely that it's one person using these accounts.

So this all begs two questions,

why would someone have all of these alt accounts and play both sides? His alter egos Zoom Rader and Kickstart continually makes inflammatory UNC posts while One Eye etc sides with PNM.

Also why would the mods allow this?
Is it secretly an admin/mod doing this to be as controversial as possible to get more views thus raking in more advertisers? or is it just to have fun? Maybe it's an incel weirdo who has enough time and this is form of pleasure? There is one mod who takes the side of these accounts.

Now you have to wonder how many accounts are actually the same person on here?

Why you bringing my name in allyuh bacchanal? If yuh want to play detective, play it properly nah and use deductive reasoning.

Is only mad people does ask themselves a question and give the answer back.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 13th, 2021, 3:54 pm

Bluefete , if you notice , the macomere men always griping about something and accusing others of the very thing they’re guilty of. Just look how inferiorboy think nobody know who he is, but always throwing stones.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 13th, 2021, 3:59 pm

sam1978 wrote:
timelapse wrote:Hongwing is the shiznit.Not the instant, thats rubbish.The real deal boiling kind

Is there any big difference between coffees?
Very big difference.The instant has a kinda acidic taste I can't describe.But that's my opinion.Try it for yourself.I accustomed to drinking coffee at wakes.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”