Postby MaxPower » October 12th, 2021, 10:50 pm

Trinis go crazy for that Starbucks.

Rel neverseecomesees

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

Postby daring dragoon » October 13th, 2021, 5:09 am

i think they call them zoomers.
if imbutt serious about taxes he should impose heavy import taxes onto items such as syrup, sugars, oils, butters, gluten products, alcohol, tobacco and therefore making a 20oz coke about $10 retail, doubles $10, cakes and flour products cost more, fry chicken double in price etc and remove vat, import tax on fresh fruits and vegetables from around the world making it cheaper to eat fresh fruits and vegetables and more expensive to eat sheit. over 5-10 years money spent on hospitals will decrease as diabetes and other NCD will drop, people will live longer an pay more taxes so longer financial planning is possible. education will boom as people lifestyle improve and educated people have less children so social services payouts will decrease etc, but i guess the barefoot and pregnant dependency syndrome can work to get votes might work also.

Generation Z (or Gen Z for short), colloquially also known as zoomers,[1][2] is the demographic cohort succeeding Millennials and preceding Generation Alpha. Researchers and popular media use the mid-to-late 1990s as starting birth years and the early 2010s as ending birth years.[3] Most members of Generation Z are children of Generation X.

As the first social generation to have grown up with access to the Internet and portable digital technology from a young age, members of Generation Z have been dubbed "digital natives",[4][5] even though they are not necessarily digitally literate.[6] Moreover, the negative effects of screen time are most pronounced on adolescents compared to younger children.[7] Compared to previous generations, members of Generation Z in some developed nations tend to be well-behaved, abstemious, and risk-averse.[8] They tend to live more slowly than their predecessors when they were their age,[9][10] have lower rates of teenage pregnancies, and consume alcohol less often,[11][12] but not necessarily other psychoactive drugs.[13][14] Generation Z teenagers are more concerned than older generations with academic performance and job prospects,[8][9] and are better at delaying gratification than their counterparts from the 1960s, despite concerns to the contrary.[15] On the other hand, sexting among adolescents has grown in prevalence though the consequences of this remain poorly understood.[16] Meanwhile, youth subcultures have been quieter, though have not necessarily disappeared

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 13th, 2021, 5:25 am

MaxPower wrote:Trinis go crazy for that Starbucks.

Rel neverseecomesees

Maximus . That is something I don’t understand. What glamour or achievement is gained by buying a cup of coffee. I see people holding it up like a trophy , taking selfie’s with it , posting on Facebook and other social media platforms , when they purchase . I’ve even seen the cups refilled ( probably with Nescafé or Hong Wing) . The are similar coffee shops in other countries , but have never seen them used as a status symbol.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » October 13th, 2021, 6:02 am

Yeah but who does eat doubles like that!!! Doubles is to open an eat like 2 small roti and choka.
MaxPower wrote:
IMG_7986.JPG

Jason,

Thanks for the article, you beat me to it.

Anyways, i would pay $10 for a doubles but Trini doubles vendors are too inconsistent and do not deserve to call that price.

Eat healthy Trinis.
Last edited by death365 on October 13th, 2021, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 13th, 2021, 6:25 am

MaxPower wrote:IMG_7985.JPG

Food price increase nothing.

For some a 7 year car loan is very important to show "deh reach". You can find plenty of them in a workplace prowling around the watercooler or quarelling because the lipton and butterfly milk done.
They are usually the ones who say " yuh bring lunch today? I on a diet !!" But they belly bubbling louder than the kettle... these folks usually stunt in the cerato, accent and other Korean vehicles.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 13th, 2021, 6:31 am

sam1978 wrote:

Rel neverseecomesees

Maximus . That is something I don’t understand. What glamour or achievement is gained by buying a cup of coffee. I see people holding it up like a trophy , taking selfie’s with it , posting on Facebook and other social media platforms , when they purchase . I’ve even seen the cups refilled ( probably with Nescafé or Hong Wing) . The are similar coffee shops in other countries , but have never seen them used as a status symbol.

As I said on another thread
Trinis will try to turn literally ANYTHING into some sort of bu!!$#it status symbol. Gun, dog, house, car, bank statement, sneakers, jeans, kfc, coffee, etc. If you can think of something, some jackass already tried to show it off as a status symbol.
I surprised nobody eh wipe their arsehole and post a picture of the tp on fassbook to show off yet. And I feel that might happen just now if yuh look sharp.

Very stupid people, with so much pride and so little to be proud of, so they seek validation from the internet for even the most mundane and commonplace achievements, including having something to eat or drink.
Yuh feel Trinis kinda dotish in joke? They take their abilities to engage in stupidity extremely seriously.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 13th, 2021, 7:08 am

sam1978 wrote:

Rel neverseecomesees

X3000.

I just don’t understand it Sam.

Now is not the time to be spending $50 on a crappy cup of coffee.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » October 13th, 2021, 7:25 am

I see people upset about doubles prices. I'm upset as well because doubles should be $10. I don't know who assigned doubles as "the poor man" meal but I don't want that tag associated with it. Doubles is the premium street food.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 13th, 2021, 7:31 am

MaxPower wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

Rel neverseecomesees

X3000.

Max,

To prove to others that they aren't sufferers

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » October 13th, 2021, 7:38 am

hover11 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

Rel neverseecomesees

X3000.

Max,

To prove to others that they aren't sufferers

The majority of citizens are sufferers.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » October 13th, 2021, 7:51 am

Hearing how just now ah BArk and Shake going to be announced at $ 50.00

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » October 13th, 2021, 8:02 am

Ben_spanna wrote:Hearing how just now ah BArk and Shake going to be announced at $ 50.00

I thought that was the current price.

If persons not satisfied with the price of a product then don't buy it or seek a cheaper alternative.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » October 13th, 2021, 8:04 am

Wraith King wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:Hearing how just now ah BArk and Shake going to be announced at $ 50.00

If persons not satisfied with the price of a product then don't buy it or seek a cheaper alternative.

yup- toast bred and sardines FTW!!!!! :mrgreen:

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » October 13th, 2021, 8:10 am

Ben_spanna wrote:
Wraith King wrote:

yup- toast bred and sardines FTW!!!!! :mrgreen:

The only fast food I purchase are doubles and pizza.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 8:15 am

88sins wrote:Not too sure about that nah zoomie
I hearing plenty people talking about boycotting the fast food franchises owned by the so-called 1%, and like it gaining some traction.
I say that because, idk if allyuh notice, when you look at KFC, and the other franchises on the days and times that they usually have lots of customers, you can see that there's less people patronizing them.
Take the one on the emr in Barataria for example. Usually on a weekend up until recently, people lining up outside IN D RAIN to buy chicken. Not any more. Noticed the same thing at a few outlets in Port of Spain and the west too.
Trinis are weak when it comes to boycotting or a civil protess for their own good

Be assured they won't miss a red government family day or fete

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 13th, 2021, 10:11 am

That's is the current price

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 13th, 2021, 11:13 am

Bake and Catfish

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 13th, 2021, 11:37 am

They could raise it to $500 for all I care, fools gonna buy it

even if they dropped the price to 50 cents, I personally still wouldn't buy it

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 13th, 2021, 11:42 am

88sins wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

Rel neverseecomesees

Trinis will try to turn literally ANYTHING into some sort of bu!!$#it status symbol. Gun, dog, house, car, bank statement, sneakers, jeans, kfc, coffee, etc. If you can think of something, some jackass already tried to show it off as a status symbol.
I surprised nobody eh wipe their arsehole and post a picture of the tp on fassbook to show off yet. And I feel that might happen just now if yuh look sharp.

Very stupid people, with so much pride and so little to be proud of, so they seek validation from the internet for even the most mundane and commonplace achievements, including having something to eat or drink.
Yuh feel Trinis kinda dotish in joke? They take their abilities to engage in stupidity extremely seriously.

Oh please, those branded coffees are social media status symbols globally, don't try making that a Trini thing, and yes Trinis are facetious, not unlike so many people everywhere on social media, allyuh self-hate misplaced oui

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 13th, 2021, 11:43 am

zoom rader wrote:Trinis are weak when it comes to boycotting or a civil protess for their own good

Exactly.

Boycott for 2 days and then brag “unity” and “togetherness”

And OH Trinis “stood up”

Yeh my ass they did

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 13th, 2021, 11:46 am

hover11 wrote:
Bake and Catfish

Plenty people would not understand what you meant by this.

I had posted the same some time ago and it also went over their heads.

If they only knew who as well.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 13th, 2021, 11:47 am

People flammming for corfee because they could afford to pay $40.00 for a cup.

Hooray for capitalism.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 13th, 2021, 11:48 am

Lol remember all that beat up after the bourdain show...big protests they say they going to have. Real nasty comments on social media but yet the next day they gone back rituals sipping their coffee feeling posh with their nasty smelly selves lmao.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » October 13th, 2021, 11:58 am

eliteauto wrote:
88sins wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

Rel neverseecomesees

Oh please, those branded coffees are social media status symbols globally, don't try making that a Trini thing, and yes Trinis are facetious, not unlike so many people everywhere on social media, allyuh self-hate misplaced oui

Yeah...ammm no

Only place I have ever seen ppl use starbucks as a status symbol is here in TT bro. Never saw ppl using those branded coffees as status symbol. Starbucks isn't as big a deal outside of TT. It's just another food chain...No different to kfc or mcdonald's.

I'm sure if something like Dunkin donuts or Krispy Kreme came to TT as well they will become status symbols as well. Reason for this is these foreign brands are viewed as superior and the price point tend to be higher than local alternatives. So some prestige is attached to them.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 13th, 2021, 12:24 pm

Redress10 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
88sins wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

Rel neverseecomesees

Yeah...ammm no

Only place I have ever seen ppl use starbucks as a status symbol is here in TT bro. Never saw ppl using those branded coffees as status symbol. Starbucks isn't as big a deal outside of TT. It's just another food chain...No different to kfc or mcdonald's.

I'm sure if something like Dunkin donuts or Krispy Kreme came to TT as well they will become status symbols as well. Reason for this is these foreign brands are viewed as superior and the price point tend to be higher than local alternatives. So some prestige is attached to them.

All dat to say you've never traveled? Lemme save you the visa application cost, go on IG and search #starbucks. Dunno why allyuh like to pretend for nah, btw I said social media status symbol Reading and comprehension aren't mutually exclusive

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 12:34 pm

eliteauto wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
88sins wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

Rel neverseecomesees

Yeah...ammm no

All dat to say you've never traveled? Lemme save you the visa application cost, go on IG and search #starbucks. Dunno why allyuh like to pretend for nah, btw I said social media status symbol Reading and comprehension aren't mutually exclusive
This is going tobe good

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » October 13th, 2021, 12:37 pm

Starbucks is a status symbol?
Everytime I see somebody with that I just think they like overpriced coffee.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » October 13th, 2021, 12:40 pm

eliteauto wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
88sins wrote:
sam1978 wrote:

Rel neverseecomesees

Yeah...ammm no

No you said status symbol alluding to it being equal to a luxury good. A cup of coffee is not a luxury good in the developed world.

Don't try to change it into social media status symbol now. That is a completely different topic altogether. That still doesn't compare to TT. Having something "trending" is completely different to having something positioned as a status symbol such as Starbucks, ddi, prestigious schools, all inclusive fetes etc. I have never been to starbucks in TT but I went to starbucks in US, Europe etc. Not because it was a status symbol but because I was hungry and they were convenient.

It literally is just a coffee shop in those countries. Maybe they may have a new product that trends etc but I can guarantee you that nobody in Europe/USA going to a starbucks location to be "seen". They do that for high end dinners such as Nusr-et steakhouse etc.

Hope that clears up some things.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » October 13th, 2021, 12:52 pm

Zoom

Those cows you have is for dairy or meat?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 13th, 2021, 12:52 pm

S_2NR wrote:Starbucks is a status symbol?
Everytime I see somebody with that I just think they like overpriced coffee.

Yep,

For Trinis that never went to the USA.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”