Forums

Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Food prices in Trinidad and Tobago

Postby daring dragoon » October 12th, 2021, 4:08 pm

snatman wrote:Allyuh complaining about food prices....

wait and see what'll happen when there isn't food to even buy!

1st world USA and Britain already complaining about shortages

only for a couple years.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 12th, 2021, 4:32 pm

IMG_7985.JPG

Food price increase nothing.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 12th, 2021, 4:45 pm

MaxPower wrote:
88sins wrote:Look at it this way
We are a nation of obese people. That go fix that problem.
Those that hungry and want to find food will have options.
Leave the country.
Get up and grow their own.
Steal, rob, or possibly kill for a meal (and simultaneously risk being murdered themselves, fingers crossed).
Get used to the flavorful notes of a elephant and para grass salad and mud cookies for dessert.
Starve to death in a corner quietly so as not to upset their elected officials who have them in that shituation.

See? Options.

Wow

What you mean"wow"?
Idiots actively and happily CHOSE this band of buffoons to be their "leaders" & "government". Are those not suitable options?
When stupid people make stupid choices, and it's only fitting that they be the ones to bear the consequences of their stupidity.
And if that just so happens to be starvation and death, we'll so be it, because they earned it

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 12th, 2021, 4:46 pm

^ wow as in great post

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 12th, 2021, 5:58 pm

MaxPower wrote:
IMG_7985.JPG

Food price increase nothing.
Max behave yourself

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 12th, 2021, 5:59 pm

88sins wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
88sins wrote:Look at it this way
We are a nation of obese people. That go fix that problem.
Those that hungry and want to find food will have options.
Leave the country.
Get up and grow their own.
Steal, rob, or possibly kill for a meal (and simultaneously risk being murdered themselves, fingers crossed).
Get used to the flavorful notes of a elephant and para grass salad and mud cookies for dessert.
Starve to death in a corner quietly so as not to upset their elected officials who have them in that shituation.

See? Options.

Wow

What you mean"wow"?
Idiots actively and happily CHOSE this band of buffoons to be their "leaders" & "government". Are those not suitable options?
When stupid people make stupid choices, and it's only fitting that they be the ones to bear the consequences of their stupidity.
And if that just so happens to be starvation and death, we'll so be it, because they earned it
As I always say a stupid country filled with Stupid ppl

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 12th, 2021, 6:05 pm

Supermarket CEO says doubles should be $10

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/supermarket-ceo- ... uld-be-10/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 12th, 2021, 6:32 pm

IMG_7986.JPG

Jason,

Thanks for the article, you beat me to it.

Anyways, i would pay $10 for a doubles but Trini doubles vendors are too inconsistent and do not deserve to call that price.

Eat healthy Trinis.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 12th, 2021, 6:39 pm

Max. There is a place up my side that sells Doubles saheena and pies for $2 . It’s called Nics and Nads. How come they can sell for that price and make a profit and the other are crying foul? Btw they also have a roti shop selling chicken roti for $15 . If you check how much raw material goes into it they are making high profits . It’s all stories. I want to recommend Nics and Nads to start making empanadas too.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 12th, 2021, 6:42 pm

sam1978 wrote:Max. There is a place up my side that sells Doubles saheena and pies for $2 . It’s called Nics and Nads. How come they can sell for that price and make a profit and the other are crying foul? Btw they also have a roti shop selling chicken roti for $15 . If you check how much raw material goes into it they are making high profits . It’s all stories. I want to recommend Nics and Nads to start making empanadas too.

Greed dearest Sam….greed.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 12th, 2021, 6:44 pm

$2 u say , wda , wa kinda piping is that

... ah not saying u lying but if 1 of u tuners cud go takes some pics\video for d rest of us to see\believe ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 12th, 2021, 6:46 pm

how many doubles vendors pay a “normal” rent like any other food place?

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 12th, 2021, 7:07 pm

Rovin wrote:$2 u say , wda , wa kinda piping is that

... ah not saying u lying but if 1 of u tuners cud go takes some pics\video for d rest of us to see\believe ...

Everybody know Nics and Nads in Penal Junction, just before Clarke rd junction.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 12th, 2021, 7:09 pm

Hadda understand, it really don't have much that goes into a doubles material wise.
3 tablespoon of channa, and less than a 1/4 ounce of flour.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 12th, 2021, 7:10 pm

For the doubters.
Attachments
18672627-E160-4941-A53C-B642E9C62D99.jpeg

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 12th, 2021, 7:12 pm

88sins wrote:

Hadda understand, it really don't have much that goes into a doubles material wise.
3 tablespoon of channa, and less than a 1/4 ounce of flour.

That’s what I’m saying. During the lockdown , a friend showed me a pinch of flour that he rolled out to make a side of a doubles

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 12th, 2021, 7:14 pm

smart ones will make sure the channa well cooked to make the sauce thick and not watery to stretch the sauce too

i figure the oil increases may be starting affect their bottom line though

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » October 12th, 2021, 7:23 pm

1lb channa is $10
2LB Flout $8
Small oil $20
Seasoning $6
1lb aloo $4

Total $48

All this makes 42 aloo pies with flour an oil extra an extra channa if u put 2 spoon channa in each pie.

42×5 is $210 which is $160 profit.
Ita about $1.25 cost to make 1 aloo pie.
I learnt this during lockdown.

1 pizza is $100 an you can make about 3 pizza with that $100

Fry chicken might work out the same with $40 or so less if u make at home.

Point is nobody forcing you to buy doubles, fry chicken, fancy coffee, bread or anything thats being sold. If you dont want to buy then wake up an make doubles before you go to work if its doubles you want or pay for the conveinence of a fast food vendor. If you dont like the price or cant afford it find alternative. We drive tida cause we cant afford audi. We cant afford $24 in doubles in the morning stop for quarter sada an stew chicken for $20. At least your belly full

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » October 12th, 2021, 7:26 pm

pugboy wrote:smart ones will make sure the channa well cooked to make the sauce thick and not watery to stretch the sauce too

i figure the oil increases may be starting affect their bottom line though

How much times they use back tje same 1 keg oil that the complain gone up? 1 week? 1 month? Only bara frying in it, cover an heat up next day making level transfat.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 12th, 2021, 7:43 pm

sam1978 wrote:For the doubters.

this pic on d webz for yrs so i dunno if it still relevant today

everytime every few yrs this doubles price comes into question we all rehash same ol words

a decent sized piece of sada with any of d normal veggies is still $10 that i buy nearly 5 times\wk which i prefer it over doubles & i make my own coffee in my store using microwave if i feel for instant or a electric single stove ring if i feel for boiled ...

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 12th, 2021, 7:44 pm

Amazing how Trinis would fight down and 2 day-boycott a good consistent company like Ramsaran’s whose indirect verbal actions in no way affect them, but would still buy from doubles vendors that bussin price on their dumb asses.

SMH

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 12th, 2021, 7:46 pm

MaxPower wrote:Amazing how Trinis would fight down and 2 day-boycott a good consistent company like Ramsaran’s whose indirect verbal actions in no way affect them, but would still buy from doubles vendors that bussin price on their dumb asses.

SMH
Max,

Ramsaran's daughter lambasted the afro race, choices have consequences. She had to learn that from somewhere

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 12th, 2021, 7:49 pm

daring dragoon wrote:1lb channa is $10
2LB Flout $8
Small oil $20
Seasoning $6
1lb aloo $4

Total $48

All this makes 42 aloo pies with flour an oil extra an extra channa if u put 2 spoon channa in each pie.

42×5 is $210 which is $160 profit.
Ita about $1.25 cost to make 1 aloo pie.
I learnt this during lockdown.

1 pizza is $100 an you can make about 3 pizza with that $100

Fry chicken might work out the same with $40 or so less if u make at home.

Point is nobody forcing you to buy doubles, fry chicken, fancy coffee, bread or anything thats being sold. If you dont want to buy then wake up an make doubles before you go to work if its doubles you want or pay for the conveinence of a fast food vendor. If you dont like the price or cant afford it find alternative. We drive tida cause we cant afford audi. We cant afford $24 in doubles in the morning stop for quarter sada an stew chicken for $20. At least your belly full

YOU leaving out the price of cooking gas, paying staff members (not all doubles men are family members and even still they need to get paid too) and the cost of rent for their lil shack they occupy (again most doubles men don't operate on their own property)

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 12th, 2021, 7:53 pm

in all kinds of jobs ppl does watch what others making, but if they making so much how come those same onlookers dont take up those same jobs & make what they they think others making ......

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 12th, 2021, 8:00 pm

not anymore
in pos and many places have plenty doubles vendors

bara factory doing good business

Rovin wrote:in all kinds of jobs ppl does watch what others making, but if they making so much how come those same onlookers dont take up those same jobs & make what they they think others making ......

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » October 12th, 2021, 8:01 pm

Rovin wrote:
sam1978 wrote:For the doubters.

this pic on d webz for yrs so i dunno if it still relevant today

everytime every few yrs this doubles price comes into question we all rehash same ol words

a decent sized piece of sada with any of d normal veggies is still $10 that i buy nearly 5 times\wk which i prefer it over doubles & i make my own coffee in my store using microwave if i feel for instant or a electric single stove ring if i feel for boiled ...

I live there . It’s still the same. The question I asked was: how are they able to do it ( and I’ve seen $3in other places) but others raise and complain all the time.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 12th, 2021, 8:14 pm

MaxPower wrote:Amazing how Trinis would fight down and 2 day-boycott a good consistent company like Ramsaran’s whose indirect verbal actions in no way affect them, but would still buy from doubles vendors that bussin price on their dumb asses.

SMH

Perspective son, perspective.
If you ok with supporting a business that you KNOW that the owners despise you and classify you as vermin to be eradicated, after you and thousands like you have helped them build their business up over decades by buying and endorsing their products, that's all fine and dandy. You are simply one of the few who have that view. I have to admit, people in this country showed some friggin real unity and solidarity when that happened. I actually felt a little proud of my countrymen, joining together against something they know is very very wrong and doing something about it.

Remember, is not only private citizens stopped buying the products. Practically every customer they had, from the largest supermarket chain to the smallest parlor on the furthest corner of the island, pulled their products off the shelves in less than 24 hours after the comments were made public. Many actually returned the goods at their own expense. In business, that's a very significant thing to do. That clip went around the globe, and the results in other countries was similar to what happened here.

Sometimes the ones who believe that they are high and mighty that think that simply because they might have a few dollars it makes them elite needs an ego check and to get taken down a peg or 3000, as a reminder to the others of their ilk.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 12th, 2021, 8:40 pm

88sins wrote:

SMH

Perspective son, perspective.
If you ok with supporting a business that you KNOW that the owners despise you and classify you as vermin to be eradicated, after you and thousands like you have helped them build their business up over decades by buying and endorsing their products, that's all fine and dandy. You are simply one of the few who have that view. I have to admit, people in this country showed some friggin real unity and solidarity when that happened. I actually felt a little proud of my countrymen, joining together against something they know is very very wrong and doing something about it.

Remember, is not only private citizens stopped buying the products. Practically every customer they had, from the largest supermarket chain to the smallest parlor on the furthest corner of the island, pulled their products off the shelves in less than 24 hours after the comments were made public. Many actually returned the goods at their own expense. In business, that's a very significant thing to do. That clip went around the globe, and the results in other countries was similar to what happened here.

Sometimes the ones who believe that they are high and mighty that think that simply because they might have a few dollars it makes them elite needs an ego check and to get taken down a peg or 3000, as a reminder to the others of their ilk.
They will do that to the injun and dem.

While 1% can Say what ever they want and red government ppl will sit and take it

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 12th, 2021, 9:39 pm

Not too sure about that nah zoomie
I hearing plenty people talking about boycotting the fast food franchises owned by the so-called 1%, and like it gaining some traction.
I say that because, idk if allyuh notice, when you look at KFC, and the other franchises on the days and times that they usually have lots of customers, you can see that there's less people patronizing them.
Take the one on the emr in Barataria for example. Usually on a weekend up until recently, people lining up outside IN D RAIN to buy chicken. Not any more. Noticed the same thing at a few outlets in Port of Spain and the west too.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 12th, 2021, 10:03 pm

88sins wrote:Not too sure about that nah zoomie
I hearing plenty people talking about boycotting the fast food franchises owned by the so-called 1%, and like it gaining some traction.
I say that because, idk if allyuh notice, when you look at KFC, and the other franchises on the days and times that they usually have lots of customers, you can see that there's less people patronizing them.
Take the one on the emr in Barataria for example. Usually on a weekend up until recently, people lining up outside IN D RAIN to buy chicken. Not any more. Noticed the same thing at a few outlets in Port of Spain and the west too.
Sins I hearing what you saying with the kfc , was in the mall today and not a soul was in kfc both upstairs and downstairs branch it was an anomaly yet this morning the Starbucks line was curving, never knew ppl would willingly pay 50 dollars for a cup of coffee then beat we chests and say we aren't sufferers

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”