this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Buying a house in USA

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2021, 8:54 am

you hadda prove how you get it legally though

you aren't allowed to "buy" usd from other persons

but you can sell products for USD payment.

i use to sell items cheaper if you paid in USD cash for a time

like if it was $3000 TT for the product, you could get it for $400 USD cash

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2021, 8:56 am

TheBoostLord wrote:Cant get usd anywhere unless emergency. even big businesses getting trouble. I send money every recharge cycle from one of my PayPal accounts(funding source tt credit card) to the other(us PayPal acct) and then I just withdraw to us bank account. Not cheap, I have to pay the 2-3% credit card fees but at this point I have no other choice. You have monthly caps on usd purchases by the local banks.

be careful with that

last year paypal banned my US paypal account, blacklisted my US bank account and all cards associated with it because of that SAME thing. lost access to a good bit of money and they simply not reviewing the account for 180 days

could never use back that US bank account with anything paypal related

i had to go to another payment processor

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 28th, 2021, 9:19 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:you hadda prove how you get it legally though

you aren't allowed to "buy" usd from other persons

but you can sell products for USD payment.

i use to sell items cheaper if you paid in USD cash for a time

like if it was $3000 TT for the product, you could get it for $400 USD cash

What is the street rate for US$ now?
Family coming in and may donate their US$ for a fee of $7.75 to $1 but I find it sounding high

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2021, 9:57 am

depends on what you doing with the money

that rate good though

it have real plenty fake USD on the market and it have real plenty situation where people setting you up to rob and kill you when selling you USD black market

like for 2-3 months they legitly selling you a few hundred or thousand or two us

and then they tell you about a big batch, a 10k usd or 20k usd

yuh done trust them

then you go with your 80k or 140k TT cash and get yuh muddac**t rob or kill

be very careful when doing these kind of deals

i know alot of people selling USD and alot of people buying USD but it serves no purpose in me being the link or getting myself involve in making them meet each other.

that kind of risk have no benefit to me and i could end up being in the middle of a murder investigation..for what...for trying to help someone out?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2021, 9:59 am

a fella could be completely legit selling you USD
but one of his workers know you are the buyer and they see you several times coming to meet the boss to buy and the worker and he padna rob and kill you either before or after you meet his bossman and take your $$$

you know your friends/family or whoever know the dealings gonna say is the bossman set you up

this time he 100% innocent

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 28th, 2021, 10:04 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:depends on what you doing with the money

that rate good though

it have real plenty fake USD on the market and it have real plenty situation where people setting you up to rob and kill you when selling you USD black market

like for 2-3 months they legitly selling you a few hundred or thousand or two us

yuh done trust them

i know alot of people selling USD and alot of people buying USD but it serves no purpose in me being the link or getting myself involve in making them meet each other.

that kind of risk have no benefit to me and i could end up being in the middle of a murder investigation..for what...for trying to help someone out?

I buying for the heck of it. I don't have a business and I ain't gonna be traveling for a while.
I used to put it in UTC but stopped years ago when I realize getting it back will be hard.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » September 28th, 2021, 10:08 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:Cant get usd anywhere unless emergency. even big businesses getting trouble. I send money every recharge cycle from one of my PayPal accounts(funding source tt credit card) to the other(us PayPal acct) and then I just withdraw to us bank account. Not cheap, I have to pay the 2-3% credit card fees but at this point I have no other choice. You have monthly caps on usd purchases by the local banks.

be careful with that

last year paypal banned my US paypal account, blacklisted my US bank account and all cards associated with it because of that SAME thing. lost access to a good bit of money and they simply not reviewing the account for 180 days

could never use back that US bank account with anything paypal related

i had to go to another payment processor

Did they give an official reason as to why?
In the past I've had a few transactions flagged for review but haven't had a problem since

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2021, 10:57 am

If they flag you repeatedly then make sure you dont do too large transactions. One day someone will review the account and lock whatever money is in the account

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 28th, 2021, 1:36 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:If they flag you repeatedly then make sure you dont do too large transactions. One day someone will review the account and lock whatever money is in the account
Did you lose access to the funds in your PayPal account or US bank account?

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » September 28th, 2021, 1:54 pm

If one has legal US funds in the bank, can it be transferred to a third party in Trinidad to pay for real estate? or is there a limit? What are the rules wrt that?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 28th, 2021, 2:36 pm

dogg wrote:If one has legal US funds in the bank, can it be transferred to a third party in Trinidad to pay for real estate? or is there a limit? What are the rules wrt that?

If you have US in account overseas, yes you can transfer to any local account in to a US or TT account. Not sure about the limits , I have transferred before . It can all be done online and takes about a day to week depending on the bank you dealing with .

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » September 28th, 2021, 3:39 pm

zoom rader wrote:
dogg wrote:If one has legal US funds in the bank, can it be transferred to a third party in Trinidad to pay for real estate? or is there a limit? What are the rules wrt that?

If you have US in account overseas, yes you can transfer to any local account in to a US or TT account. Not sure about the limits , I have transferred before . It can all be done online and takes about a day to week depending on the bank you dealing with .

I meant if you have the US funds in a local bank. Can it be transferred to a third party to pay for real estate etc?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 28th, 2021, 3:45 pm

dogg wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

I meant if you have the US funds in a local bank. Can it be transferred to a third party to pay for real estate etc?
Yes

But the banks gonna charge you transaction fees and give you less exchange rates if dealing in TT.

Its best the other party have a local US account and transfer the money to them . This way you avoid exchange rates, just expect to pay some transfer fee.

Never let the banks know what you using the money for cause they will try to tell you to take out a loan.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2021, 4:27 pm

wtf wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:If they flag you repeatedly then make sure you dont do too large transactions. One day someone will review the account and lock whatever money is in the account
Did you lose access to the funds in your PayPal account or US bank account?
Lost access to the funds that were in the PayPal account.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 28th, 2021, 4:38 pm

those type of paypal transactions would raise a laundering red flag in any bank.
blind movement of funds with no idea of the source will always attract the authorities

this is why they are against cryptocurrencies

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 28th, 2021, 4:40 pm

it also have plenty ppl scamming as well
they will want the transaction done by online transfer and after a few successful sales will offer you a big amount and take your money and say goodbye

this is allegedly the chap who paramount transport has constant disclaimers about does.

Phone Surgeon wrote:depends on what you doing with the money

that rate good though

yuh done trust them

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » September 28th, 2021, 4:40 pm

zoom rader wrote:
dogg wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Yes

But the banks gonna charge you transaction fees and give you less exchange rates if dealing in TT.

Its best the other party have a local US account and transfer the money to them . This way you avoid exchange rates, just expect to pay some transfer fee.

Never let the banks know what you using the money for cause they will try to tell you to take out a loan.

So if the recipient has a US account at the same bank, its an easy transfer and without fees?
I can go to the bank, transfer say $200,000 USD to a third party's USD account or to a usd business account at the same bank and that would be fine? All funds are legal.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » September 28th, 2021, 5:03 pm

dogg wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
dogg wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Yes

So if the recipient has a US account at the same bank, its an easy transfer and without fees?
I can go to the bank, transfer say $200,000 USD to a third party's USD account or to a usd business account at the same bank and that would be fine? All funds are legal.

I don't think any kinda transaction like that would be without fees. it would be faster and easier but nothing is free with banks.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 28th, 2021, 5:19 pm

you can and nominal fees
that is how most trinis are trading usd now both with foreign us bank to and from local banks

however if you are a us citizen or green card holder you may have to account for those funds

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2021, 10:41 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:
In the past I've had a few transactions flagged for review but haven't had a problem since

You can't use PayPal anymore
At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Based on this decision, if applicable, you are no longer eligible for PayPal Seller Protection as per our User Agreement. This will apply to all existing and future cases you receive.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money.

this was what paypal hit me with for my US paypal account

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2021, 10:44 pm

transfer limits for wells fargo basic checking account
is $25,000 USD daily or $75,000 USD on a 30d ay rolling basis

you can request hire limits up to 2million USD a day depending on what your business is

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 28th, 2021, 10:45 pm

also its $30 USD to do a wire transfer with wells fargo, you can do it from your phone in Trinidad if you made the account in the USA and set up everything properly

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » September 28th, 2021, 11:09 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:

You can't use PayPal anymore
At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Based on this decision, if applicable, you are no longer eligible for PayPal Seller Protection as per our User Agreement. This will apply to all existing and future cases you receive.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money.

this was what paypal hit me with for my US paypal account

damn that's tough af

Pablo660
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Pablo660 » September 29th, 2021, 6:21 am

Ok this is an interesting topic and I’m watching on as I would like to make the same move to purchase in the US
We know Usd is hard to get and banks not transferring so crypto may be your next answer.
Set up a binance account and start buying usdt or other stable coins which is almost 1:1 usd. I don’t think ccards still doing it but u can check. There are a lot of post and guys on FB selling usdt but it’s expensive almost 8:1

Then if you have family or friends in the states with social security ask them to set up a coinbase account.

With coinbase you can transfer your usdt from binance to coinbase. Then when the receive which is a couple minutes they can cash out to usd directly to a bank account.
If u have a us bank account they can cash out to your account or transfer from theirs to ur account and you got ur usd.
I visited the states just as boarders opened, Miami and the banks implemented another KYC so it’s difficult to walk in and open an account now but there are legit ways around it , if u are really migrating like getting ur name under a lease or utility.
Good luck and keep this post updated
Next step is generating income so u can maintain living in the us.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » September 29th, 2021, 7:32 am

It actually have some good info here more related to migration compared to the recent posts in the leaving Trinidad thread. All them doing is fighting down each other.

nightcrawler
Sweet on this forum

Postby nightcrawler » September 29th, 2021, 8:38 pm

I have a few apartments in trini so that will cover me. Just want to get the f@ck out of here. Let's say early retirement.
Pablo660 wrote:Ok this is an interesting topic and I’m watching on as I would like to make the same move to purchase in the US
We know Usd is hard to get and banks not transferring so crypto may be your next answer.
Set up a binance account and start buying usdt or other stable coins which is almost 1:1 usd. I don’t think ccards still doing it but u can check. There are a lot of post and guys on FB selling usdt but it’s expensive almost 8:1

Then if you have family or friends in the states with social security ask them to set up a coinbase account.

With coinbase you can transfer your usdt from binance to coinbase. Then when the receive which is a couple minutes they can cash out to usd directly to a bank account.
If u have a us bank account they can cash out to your account or transfer from theirs to ur account and you got ur usd.
I visited the states just as boarders opened, Miami and the banks implemented another KYC so it’s difficult to walk in and open an account now but there are legit ways around it , if u are really migrating like getting ur name under a lease or utility.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Buying a house in USA

Postby TheBoostLord » September 30th, 2021, 8:26 am

nightcrawler wrote:I have a few apartments in trini so that will cover me. Just want to get the f@ck out of here. Let's say early retirement.
Pablo660 wrote:Ok this is an interesting topic and I’m watching on as I would like to make the same move to purchase in the US

Best way forward is to consult with an immigration attorney in the country you plan to move to, about your options. It’s worth the minimal fee for the information.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » September 30th, 2021, 10:23 am

Saw this a few days ago.
Seems like it's legit.
Screenshot_20210926-110532_Drive.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”