Forums

No tax on electric vehicles in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: No tax on electric vehicles in T&T

Postby zoom rader » October 9th, 2021, 10:54 am

VII wrote:The electric vehicle much like the computer and cell phone weren't practical as they're becoming now and were never really invested in or favored as they are now due to the complacency and comfort afforded by petrol and the exploits of fossil fuels, not to mention the negatives associated with emissions etc, whether we like it or not those days are coming to an end .

Whatever ills evs have instore for the environment well that's left to be seen,everything comes with a price as you know , but for now EVs are the future, and very near future too, no matter how much we beat up..

Very soon we'll be enchanted by the different screams of elecrtic motors and know them by name,size,configuration,voltage , kilo wattage and performance etc. , and they will be swapped upgraded modified etc by a whole new generation of motor heads .

That's how I see it..

zoom rader wrote:
VII wrote:The thing is, this is the direction the world is going, like it or not, our petty issues won't make a difference, all major manufacturers will only have electric vehicles in years to come and major countries have set as close as 2030 as the dealine for electric only new car sales, that's the bigger picture, realize no one is asking what T&T thinks .

Getting a ICE engine car would be like trying to get a manual car now, very few choices. For the purists maybe only a few top of the line bespoke exotics would be available and out of the reach of most, as everything else market forces and other market dynamics will dictate the prices supply etc going forward and prices are set to reduce, and usability, durability, capacity, overall performance etc will increase, just think mobile phones and computers, look at what they cost in the early stages, they were out of the reach of most, just look at the vast difference in their packaging capability and supporting infrastructure then and now.,

I'm sure the switch from animal powered carts to petrol was met with similar challenges and resistance. There's still a concrete horse watering trauf in Laventille btw, right outside Success Composite .

So what we prefer and what we think really isn't relevant in the middle to long term, adapt or be prepared to water your horse.
The Electric vehicle has been here over a 100 years.

They could not find a way to sell it and then they found greenhouse gases as a way to sell it.

What they not telling you is that process to manufacture the kart produces more greenhouse gases and then a hazard of waste disposal.

Big business don't care about greenhouse gases , your health or pollution. All that matters is their profits.

It's a con job for your money

Aircrafts , Ships and working vehicles (backhoes ect) will still be here.

The fact is Trinidad is not ready for EV same as the failure of CNG

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » October 9th, 2021, 10:56 am

The horseman said the same thing about the automobile engine and fuel..

zoom rader wrote:
st7 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:if electricity prices increase x5 would it still be worth it?

according to Massy, a full charge is around $18, and the Ioniq 2020 range is up to 270km (according to google)
Wait till the electricity rates goes up and when it's time to replace the lithium batteries.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 9th, 2021, 10:57 am

hover11 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
st7 wrote:

according to Massy, a full charge is around $18, and the Ioniq 2020 range is up to 270km (according to google)
Wait till the electricity rates goes up and when it's time to replace the lithium batteries.
My thing is the resale value on those electric cars are deplorable, we have no scrap yard here so where are those ICE cars going when the transition occurs
EV not only have battery issues you will also have to service the motors and that is going to cost.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 9th, 2021, 11:01 am

VII wrote:The horseman said the same thing about the automobile engine and fuel..

zoom rader wrote:
st7 wrote:

It's the same fuel that will be used to supply electricity to the EV

A power plant needs fuel. Unless if you using a hydro plant then nothing else is green. Not ever solar is green as the manufacturer and maintenance on the cells out weights on saving the world.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » October 9th, 2021, 11:02 am

Aircrafts , Ships and working vehicles (backhoes ect) will still be here.

I know....not too sure about the heavy equipment though..they're already into hybrid years now, but I suppose due to the nature of their work in remote undeveloped areas ICE will still play a big part..

Don't get me wrong I love the roar of a good ICE but who am I to resist and condemn efficiency and technology ?

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » October 9th, 2021, 11:05 am

That was my major point in many discussions also, but Europe has taken the figure for sustainable energy production from 13% to 33% in a few years and it's steadily rising ..

zoom rader wrote:
VII wrote:The horseman said the same thing about the automobile engine and fuel..

zoom rader wrote:
st7 wrote:

It's the same fuel that will be used to supply electricity to the EV

A power plant needs fuel. Unless if you using a hydro plant then nothing else is green. Not ever solar is green as the manufacturer and maintenance on the cells out weights on saving the world.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » October 9th, 2021, 11:15 am

The Atlantic coast is favourable for wind farms. Ask Guyana.
PS: A trini company is involved in a wind farm project there.
Change is coming even if you don’t want it.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 9th, 2021, 11:48 am

Battery prices are expected to drop 60% by 2030

Why an Electric Car Battery Is So Expensive, For Now

September 16, 2021, 12:00 AM AST

At Tesla Inc.’s ballyhooed Battery Day event last year, CEO Elon Musk set himself an ambitious target: to produce a $25,000 electric vehicle by 2023. Hitting that sticker price -- about $15,000 cheaper than the company’s least expensive model today -- is seen as critical to deliver a true, mass-market product. Getting there means finding new savings on technology -- most critically the batteries that can make up a third of an EV’s cost -- without compromising safety. Alongside Musk, traditional automaking giants including Toyota Motor Co. and Volkswagen AG are pouring tens of billions of dollars into the race.

1. Why are EV batteries so expensive?

Largely because of what goes in them. An EV uses the same rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that are in your laptop or mobile phone, they’re just much bigger -- cells grouped in packs resembling big suitcases -- to enable them to deliver far more energy. The priciest component in each battery cell is the cathode, one of the two electrodes that store and release electricity. The materials needed in cathodes to pack in more energy are often expensive: metals like cobalt, nickel, lithium and manganese. They need to be mined, processed and converted into high-purity chemical compounds.

2. How much are we talking?

At current rates and pack sizes, the average battery cost for a typical EV works out to about $6,300. Battery pack prices have come down a lot -- 89% over the past decade, according to BloombergNEF. But the industry average price of $137 per kilowatt hour (from about $1,191 in 2010) is still above the $100 threshold at which the cost should match a car with an internal-combustion engine. Costs aren’t expected to keep falling as quickly, and rising raw materials prices haven’t helped. Still, lithium-ion packs are on track to drop to $92 per kWh by 2024, according to BNEF forecasts, and $58 per kwh by 2030. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -quicktake

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 9th, 2021, 11:53 am

adnj wrote:Battery prices are expected to drop 60% by 2030

Why an Electric Car Battery Is So Expensive, For Now

September 16, 2021, 12:00 AM AST

At Tesla Inc.’s ballyhooed Battery Day event last year, CEO Elon Musk set himself an ambitious target: to produce a $25,000 electric vehicle by 2023. Hitting that sticker price -- about $15,000 cheaper than the company’s least expensive model today -- is seen as critical to deliver a true, mass-market product. Getting there means finding new savings on technology -- most critically the batteries that can make up a third of an EV’s cost -- without compromising safety. Alongside Musk, traditional automaking giants including Toyota Motor Co. and Volkswagen AG are pouring tens of billions of dollars into the race.

1. Why are EV batteries so expensive?

Largely because of what goes in them. An EV uses the same rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that are in your laptop or mobile phone, they’re just much bigger -- cells grouped in packs resembling big suitcases -- to enable them to deliver far more energy. The priciest component in each battery cell is the cathode, one of the two electrodes that store and release electricity. The materials needed in cathodes to pack in more energy are often expensive: metals like cobalt, nickel, lithium and manganese. They need to be mined, processed and converted into high-purity chemical compounds.

2. How much are we talking?

At current rates and pack sizes, the average battery cost for a typical EV works out to about $6,300. Battery pack prices have come down a lot -- 89% over the past decade, according to BloombergNEF. But the industry average price of $137 per kilowatt hour (from about $1,191 in 2010) is still above the $100 threshold at which the cost should match a car with an internal-combustion engine. Costs aren’t expected to keep falling as quickly, and rising raw materials prices haven’t helped. Still, lithium-ion packs are on track to drop to $92 per kWh by 2024, according to BNEF forecasts, and $58 per kwh by 2030. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -quicktake
Wouldn't demand and supply kick in and maintain prices when more ppl switch over though ?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 9th, 2021, 11:54 am

Electric powerplants are approximately 70% more efficient at generating energy than any vehicle.

Are electric cars ‘green’? The answer is yes, but it’s complicated

PUBLISHED MON, JUL 26 202112:00 AM EDTUPDATED MON, JUL 26 20217:12 AM EDT

Saheli Roy Choudhury@SAHELIRC

KEY POINTS

As electric cars become more popular, some question if they are as environmentally friendly as advertised — with some saying that greenhouse emissions during the manufacturing process and battery-charging have to be considered.

The number of electric cars, buses, vans and heavy trucks on roads is expected to hit 145 million by 2030, the International Energy Agency predicts.

Experts broadly agree that electric vehicles create a lower carbon footprint over the course of their lifetime than do cars and trucks that use traditional, internal combustion engines.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/26/lifetim ... s-say.html

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 9th, 2021, 12:06 pm

The place hard,

Those who ketching their ass shouldn’t be studying to buy no new car.

Consider buying local used….spend money on maintenance……a general service, tyres etc….rally through for the while and humble.

Spend wisely Trinis.

Save some money and put it aside.

And also STOP maccoin to see what everyone else is buying….study yourself and YOUR life.
Last edited by MaxPower on October 9th, 2021, 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 2WNBoost » October 9th, 2021, 12:06 pm

Environmental Impact of ICE vs Electric Vehicles

5 Reasons You Should (Not) Buy An Electric Car
Last edited by 2WNBoost on October 9th, 2021, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » October 9th, 2021, 12:08 pm

MaxPower wrote:The place hard,

Consider buying local used….spend money on maintenance……a general service, tyres etc….rally through for the while and humble.

Spend wisely Trinis.

And also STOP maccoin to see what everyone else is buying….study yourself and YOUR life.

i feel like you giving yourself a pep talk dey :lol: :lol:

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » October 9th, 2021, 1:20 pm

Spend wisely Trinis.

This will also help the local shops and mechanics with income, good economics,
Last edited by abducted on October 9th, 2021, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 9th, 2021, 1:28 pm

abducted wrote:

Spend wisely Trinis.

This will also help the local shops and mechanics with income, good economics,

X2

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 9th, 2021, 1:31 pm

st7 wrote:
i feel like you giving yourself a pep talk dey :lol: :lol:

Lol yeh boi.

Told myself i’m not buying a new car for a while.

Would keep my current car and invest in a good service with genuine parts…good for a next few years.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 9th, 2021, 1:38 pm

MaxPower wrote:
st7 wrote:
i feel like you giving yourself a pep talk dey

Lol yeh boi.

Would keep my current car and invest in a good service with genuine parts…good for a next few years.
Max,

Always remember a car is the only asset that depreciates...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 9th, 2021, 6:56 pm

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 9th, 2021, 7:03 pm

Zoom,

Not necessarily.

This article will not stop me from buying a Tesla.

Just as i still buy Ramsaran products.

And when i do, anyone that accuses me of being racist i will pursue legal action.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » October 9th, 2021, 7:07 pm

MaxPower wrote:
st7 wrote:
i feel like you giving yourself a pep talk dey

Lol yeh boi.

Yeh dem x-trail is good vehicles

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 9th, 2021, 7:07 pm

zoom rader wrote:Remember once you buy a Tesla you are buying into racism

https://nypost.com/2021/10/05/tesla-ord ... k-culture/

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 021-10-06/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 32640.html

Just know that Elon Musk is white South African

Mr Diaz is black and says that the company didn’t take action against racism in the workplace.

“had supervisors telling me, ‘N****r, hurry up and push the button’, ‘N****r, push these batteries out of the elevator.’ And they were also telling me, ‘N*****s aren’t sheit,’” Mr Diaz said.

wtf.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 9th, 2021, 7:13 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Remember once you buy a Tesla you are buying into racism

https://nypost.com/2021/10/05/tesla-ord ... k-culture/

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 021-10-06/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 32640.html

Just know that Elon Musk is white South African

Mr Diaz is black and says that the company didn’t take action against racism in the workplace.

“had supervisors telling me, ‘N****r, hurry up and push the button’, ‘N****r, push these batteries out of the elevator.’ And they were also telling me, ‘N*****s aren’t sheit,’” Mr Diaz said.

wtf.
This is what red government MPs want to support

Then we have tuner idiots like eliteauto-tuntun and Dwane that will support Tesla
Last edited by zoom rader on October 9th, 2021, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 9th, 2021, 7:16 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Zoom,

Not necessarily.

And when i do, anyone that accuses me of being racist i will pursue legal action.
Max why you don't like power neck black sisters?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » October 9th, 2021, 8:59 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Zoom,

Not necessarily.

Ramsaran and pholourie.Try it, you'll thank me for it...

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » October 9th, 2021, 9:48 pm

I find it funny people are looking to the West for EV's the Chinese are the ones we need to look at ... EV's may cost less than 5k USD they already do. Tesla aren't number 1 in China this car is:

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 10th, 2021, 8:29 am

Saw a dealer P&V already has a fleet of Nissan Leaf available starting at $185k.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » October 10th, 2021, 8:32 am

Zoom, hurry up and push the button.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 10th, 2021, 8:53 am

eliteauto wrote:Saw a dealer P&V already has a fleet of Nissan Leaf available starting at $185k.
Isn't that alot for a Nissan even though it is electric ?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 10th, 2021, 8:59 am

hover11 wrote:
eliteauto wrote:Saw a dealer P&V already has a fleet of Nissan Leaf available starting at $185k.
Isn't that alot for a Nissan even though it is electric ?

Doh worry we go buy them local used in a few years time when the 1% and dem use and abuse them.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”