TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Gulf of Paria Underwater Welders Deaths: Commision of Enquiry.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Underwater welders missing in the Gulf of Paria??

Postby pugboy » March 29th, 2022, 5:37 pm

the media done drop this from the news yet it alive and kicking here

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 31st, 2022, 1:24 pm

Drop nothing!

This is a screen shot from a briefung that ramdeen is holding concerning events drying the event.

This is the white board of the operations room
IMG_20220331_132056.jpg

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 31st, 2022, 1:34 pm

Shortest duration of survival in the pipe estimated to be 15 hrs.

Murder!
Screenshot_2022-03-31-13-31-31-039_com.facebook.katana.jpg

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 31st, 2022, 4:13 pm

2nd autopsy shows that kazim Ali was alive for at least 39 hours

bamfo_dennis
Sweet on this forum

Postby bamfo_dennis » March 31st, 2022, 5:42 pm

dem boys suffer bad n dey get abandon n ded slow slow so much sufferin. dem poor boys.

but nobody go pay. dis cuntry make so n we like it so. nothin go happen. d enquiry go skin out like rowley slave dance n story done nothin go happen after.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 31st, 2022, 7:46 pm

39 hours....injured and cold and hungry and thirsty....knowing that yuh padna make it out safe and coming back to save yuh.....

Wtf......

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 31st, 2022, 7:47 pm

Those decision makers need to be step down or be fired at the very least.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 31st, 2022, 9:06 pm

Awaits the other distractions

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » April 1st, 2022, 3:41 am

Dem men was alive 3 days....

They murdered them

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 2nd, 2022, 1:32 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:2nd autopsy shows that kazim Ali was alive for at least 39 hours

In spite of my agreement of a full scale investigation and jail for culpable Paria officials, the cut off part in the screen grab from sMASH's post says "possible" time alive.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 2nd, 2022, 3:32 pm

Watch ramdeen presser, the autopsy had a 12 hr time of death variability, that allowed that guy to be alive up to even Sunday as a best case , but at least until Saturday...

Them men get murdered.

Even if that falls apart, paria still is culpable fur not securing the site properly, that endangered 5 men, resulting in 4 deaths.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 2nd, 2022, 3:55 pm

sMASH wrote:Watch ramdeen presser, the autopsy had a 12 hr time of death variability, that allowed that guy to be alive up to even Sunday as a best case , but at least until Saturday...

Them men get murdered.

Even if that falls apart, paria still is culpable fur not securing the site properly, that endangered 5 men, resulting in 4 deaths.

This, rather than Ramdeen's sensationalizing should be the focus.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 3rd, 2022, 4:23 pm

at least negligent homicide or manslaughter to me

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 6th, 2022, 8:18 am

Bump.
Never forget this tragedy

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » April 6th, 2022, 1:58 pm

timelapse wrote:Bump.
Never forget this tragedy
The "dusting under mat" started long ago

The smokescreens as usual worked on the trini population

Was just talking to someone about this few mins ago

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 6th, 2022, 2:05 pm

More pressure. This just gets more sickening with each passing day.

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/w ... 8f9d2.html

“He said based on his experience, this investigation should have been wrapped up by the Occupational Safety and Health Authority within two to three days, at best one week. And that is why I will reiterate the point, why is there incriminating silence, a deafening silence on the part of Paria? Where is the Minister of Labour? Where is the chairman of the Occupational Safety and Health Authority, Dr Victor Coombs?

“So why are we being led down this road, why are we being told that there’s the need for long-term investigations based on what this professional deep sea diver told me.”

He said the whistle-blower indicated that based on his analysis, somebody carried out an act of sabotage by hitting a switch which led to the suction, and that should have been the focus of the investigation.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » April 6th, 2022, 2:59 pm

Bump!!

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » April 12th, 2022, 8:03 am

Any updates or we officially sweep this under the mat?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 12th, 2022, 8:07 am

fuel prices take over bro

even inshan and pea forget about this
use them as the barometer of current state of affairs

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 12th, 2022, 8:27 am

Ramdeen presser with the second autopsy was a big blow, just waiting for the response

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » April 12th, 2022, 11:25 am

hmmmm

Seeker
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Seeker » April 12th, 2022, 4:15 pm

We will never forget :evil:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 17th, 2022, 11:04 am

‘I wish I had died in that pipe’

On the eve of the arrival in T&T of Sir Dennis Morrison who will chair the Commission of Enquiry (CoE) into the Paria diving tragedy, the lone survivor of that mishap has made an impassioned appeal for the exercise to the scrapped and the money given to the families of the lost divers instead.

Boodram said the Government, as well as officials of Paria and the dive company, LMCS had neglected him.

“Sometimes, I wish I had died in that pipe too,” he said.

Boodram told the Sunday Guardian he is dreading the upcoming CoE for two reasons—he knows that he will have to recount the tragedy that claimed the lives of his four “brothers” but he is also facing a massive financial strain as he is unable to work because of his injuries.

The CoE is the State’s response to the political criticism about the selection of experts to investigate the incident but for Boodram, it’s a waste of money.

“So much money for this pappyshow when I have no money to even buy books for my children for school, when I still wake up 2, 3, 4 o’clock in the morning hearing the voices of the men, calling me to help them?” an emotional Boodram asked.

Boodram is currently being represented pro bono by former attorney general Anand Ramlogan SC but does not expect that free representation to last for the six months it might take for the CoE to be conducted.

He said although 46 days have passed since the tragedy that claimed the lives of his friends and fellow divers—Fyzal Kurban, Kazim Ali Jr, Rishi Nagassar and Yusuf Henry—he still hears them calling for him.

He considers the CoE to be an exercise with expensive experts and senior ranking officials that mean nothing to him because at this point he cannot afford the legal weight needed to participate or refute any allegations made during the process.

“I am a witness, I am a survivor but they’re bringing in an expert diver to say what could have happened or may have happened. I know what happened, I already know,” Boodram said. “But because I don’t have that expert title and cannot afford to bring in my own expert, they not going to take me on,” he said.

On Friday, February 25, Boodram was the rescue diver when his four friends and colleagues from the LMCS Ltd entered the pipeline on Berth Six to replace leaking fixtures. It was a routine operation and the men were in the testing phase when the tragedy occurred.

They were sucked into the pipe, down the tube and into the chamber running parallel to the sea bed. Boodram found an air pocket and dragged himself back out to the vertical tubing. He said his friends were right behind and one who he calls “Fyz” was begging him to stay.

“I tell Fyz, doh worry Fyz, I coming back for you. He asked me again if I coming back and I say, ‘Yeah boy, I coming back’,” Boodram recalled.

As he relived that moment, Boodram became emotional and took a few moments to collect himself.

“I’m sorry, the doctors said this would keep happening. I just forget little things now,” he said.

Psychologists have told him he cannot work in the water again because the trauma is too intense.

But for Boodram, no work means no money and the financial burden of raising three young children rests squarely on the shoulders of his wife.

“She’s a nurse, she facing COVID every day, working shifts, then coming home to help me when I wake up from a nightmare, then dealing with the children. It’s too much,” he said.

Boodram said after all his trauma, injuries and emotional scars, he is feeling forgotten and neglected by the Government, Paria, the State-owned energy company and LMCS.

“I feel like it would have been better to die with them than to live like this,” he said.

He has been getting by supported by his wife and good Samaritans at his church. He also received some financial help from MP Rudy Indarsingh who raised money for him and his family.

“This was a national tragedy. Four men lost their lives and nothing? The company executives carry on like normal, they don’t lose their jobs, not even a suspension, just making their salary and carrying on. The big wigs who coming in for this CoE getting paid and I lost my friends, my uncle and mentor, lost my livelihood and I cannot even afford to fight in this CoE. Whatever they say just goes,” he said.

Boodram confirmed that he was offered help and counselling assistance by Paria but said he was hesitant to accept it after a video of the pipeline was leaked to a social media personality.

He asked: “Who leaked that? And now why would I . . . how could I trust them not to leak my counselling sessions too? I cannot trust them.”

He feels the same about medical help and legal assistance.

“It has to be someone I trust and not someone they hire for me because I cannot trust that they don’t have an agenda,” he said.

“Look the same man who called for the executive to be removed, they now hire him and put him in charge, you hear nothing again about removing anybody,” Boodram said, referring to CoE lead counsel, Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj.

In early March, Maharaj reportedly called for the executive to step aside until the matter was investigated and even said an interim executive should be put in place. Two days later, on March 10, Government announced that Maharaj was selected to head up the CoE.

On Wednesday Guardian Media asked both the Prime Minister and Young whether the Cabinet had finalised the CoE budget and whether it included legal costs incurred by the victims. Neither man answered.

According to reports, three powerful local law firms were jostling to represent Paria. The legal cost for representation for the CoE ranges from $5 million to $7 million. LMC has retained its own battery of lawyers for the CoE.

Source: https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/i-wish- ... d316b3a213

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 18th, 2022, 9:34 am

On Wednesday Guardian Media asked both the Prime Minister and Young whether the Cabinet had finalised the CoE budget and whether it included legal costs incurred by the victims. Neither man answered.
Translation? We're currently figuring out how to eat ah food from the legal fees, so hold on :roll:

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 18th, 2022, 10:15 am

Does Paria actually have a responsibility to him right now though....or is it the company he was working for?

If they give him $$$$ now to assist or help or whatever....doesnt that mean they accepting liability for what happened to him and the others?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 18th, 2022, 5:31 pm

Murderer
Blood day pon yuh shoulder

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » April 19th, 2022, 5:34 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Does Paria actually have a responsibility to him right now though....or is it the company he was working for?

If they give him $$$$ now to assist or help or whatever....doesnt that mean they accepting liability for what happened to him and the others?

Gratuitous payment can be easily made without an admission of liability.
It is difficult to understand how the companies involved cannot extend badly needed support.
Our underlying corporate culture remains very brutal.
There are many distasteful aspects to this horror story and we all must take note.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 22nd, 2022, 10:51 am

https://www.facebook.com/CCNTV6/videos/ ... 448810988/

Prakash Ramadar holding a presser say he suing both lmcs and paria for the divers..

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » April 22nd, 2022, 10:56 am

normally them fellas does have some heavy insurance as they know the risk of their jobs

wonder how come none of that eh activate

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 22nd, 2022, 9:19 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:normally them fellas does have some heavy insurance as they know the risk of their jobs

wonder how come none of that eh activate

Insurance premium would be through the roof if these guys were going private, since their job would be deemed high risk. Also, we don't know if the company(LMCS) had insured them, or had all risk contractor insurance, as is MANDATED by properly run private companies.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”