Forums

Need help regarding Vehicle inspection

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dragist
punchin NOS

Need help regarding Vehicle inspection

Postby Dragist » May 15th, 2022, 8:23 pm

Here is the story , went on Friday with one of the Company's Cars to be Inspected at an authorized garage , they took the CC and Insurance and after checking the Computer they said " Its not on the System " and I would have to go into Licensing Office to have it " put in " , I told the Guy that I know that to do anything in Licensing you have to make an appointment online , now cant find anywhere on their sight where I can make this appointment , the place to make an appointment for a Transfer and such you have to put in Chassis or Engine number and it wont go through if the car is not on their system .

Any help to point me in the correct direction .

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Need help regarding Vehicle inspection

Postby TheBoostLord » May 15th, 2022, 8:27 pm

did you check online to verify the chassis number yourself? in my experience I've had mistakes where they put a S instead of a 5 and I instead of a 1. Ive seen them interchange 0(zero) and O. usually I can figure out what they did by trial and error using the online system. To keep things simply I just kept using whatever format they created. bought and sold some cars like that already.

Dragist
punchin NOS

Postby Dragist » May 15th, 2022, 8:42 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:did you check online to verify the chassis number yourself? in my experience I've had mistakes where they put a S instead of a 5 and I instead of a 1. Ive seen them interchange 0(zero) and O. usually I can figure out what they did by trial and error using the online system. To keep things simply I just kept using whatever format they created. bought and sold some cars like that already.

I have but will look into it further , Thanks

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » May 15th, 2022, 9:40 pm

yeah any letter that can be mixed up with a number, they will find a way. B instead of 8 etc. I just verified what stamped on the car to what was on the cc and you usually can tell from there.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » May 16th, 2022, 7:45 am

Dragist wrote:Here is the story , went on Friday with one of the Company's Cars to be Inspected at an authorized garage , they took the CC and Insurance and after checking the Computer they said " Its not on the System " and I would have to go into Licensing Office to have it " put in " , I told the Guy that I know that to do anything in Licensing you have to make an appointment online , now cant find anywhere on their sight where I can make this appointment , the place to make an appointment for a Transfer and such you have to put in Chassis or Engine number and it wont go through if the car is not on their system .

Any help to point me in the correct direction .
If after verifying the stamped vs printed is all well,
If you have to go LO to get the CC put on the system, this will fall under CC application, so you go to that counter.
They have a log book they record these on and tell u come back within 3 weeks when it should be updated

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 16th, 2022, 7:58 am

You have to go to ONLY Caroni or South to do these queries, its on the website where they state that.
Cant remember the type of appt but just look for that.

I recently did this to fix a "1" which was written as "I" on their inaccurate database.
Make sure and walk with a photocopy of your ID, or you will have to go outside and pay for a photocopy.

It is ridiculous the amount of errors that are made, the inspection garage said they get a few errors a day.
Seems they have either ppl with bad eyesight or poor typing skills or no doublechecking.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 16th, 2022, 8:01 am

The appointment you are looking for is called "Vehicle Inspection Query"
I see they say can be done at wrightson road since april 4th. But better to go Caroni.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 16th, 2022, 8:16 am

I had the same issue with my motor bike. The clerk put an S instead of a 5. It took about 6 months to sort out endless calls/emails. I even had to provide customs documents for taxes paid on the bike.

Was all done in Caroni.

Dragist
punchin NOS

Postby Dragist » May 16th, 2022, 9:49 am

pugboy wrote:The appointment you are looking for is called "Vehicle Inspection Query"
I see they say can be done at wrightson road since april 4th. But better to go Caroni.
Thank You Much and to everyone else .

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”