Forums

New republic bank checkbooks

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

New republic bank checkbooks

Postby pugboy » May 19th, 2022, 7:50 am

Anybody got new republic checkbooks recently ?

Republic Bank said their checkbooks were outdated and were going to be invalid last month, yet have not been able to print new ones for customers even after applying for them a few months ago, they extended the invalid deadline a month to this month end i think.

The old checkbooks with two lines for writing payee and figures are the invalid ones, new has three lines.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Re: New republic bank checkbooks

Postby Strugglerzinc » May 19th, 2022, 9:29 am

I know you asking a legit question so humor me, but, who still takes cheques? Are they still relevant for this day and age?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 19th, 2022, 10:00 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:I know you asking a legit question so humor me, but, who still takes cheques? Are they still relevant for this day and age?

Cheques are still used but they’re as good as your name. I personally use it to move around money between my accounts when the amounts are too large for online banking.
They also come in handy for large purchases when you are negotiating discounts(example hardwares). As discounts tend not to be given on credit card purchases due to fees.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » May 19th, 2022, 10:08 am

j.o.e wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:I know you asking a legit question so humor me, but, who still takes cheques? Are they still relevant for this day and age?

Cheques are still used but they’re as good as your name. I personally use it to move around money between my accounts when the amounts are too large for online banking.
They also come in handy for large purchases when you are negotiating discounts(example hardwares). As discounts tend not to be given on credit card purchases due to fees.

Fees the merchant has to pay for credit card transactions?

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » May 19th, 2022, 10:21 am

j.o.e wrote:

Yes. Don't know about other banks but republic bank has a policy that you can only withdraw cash from your business account by writing out a cheque to yourself under your name. They don't accept withdrawal slips.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 19th, 2022, 11:12 am

Mmoney607 wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Fees the merchant has to pay for credit card transactions?

Yea if you’re buying large amounts you can’t really negotiate with credit card. Cash or cheque. And these times I ain’t moving with cash

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”