Forums

Game Wardens

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Game Wardens

Postby timelapse » May 20th, 2022, 8:37 am

Any game wardens here? I need to find out about the legality of catching local birds and caging them, namely red-headed yellow finches and parakeets.Some folks up on my side catching the wild birds that breed in the bushes nearby my house.I try my best to not disturb the birds and encourage them to the safety of my trees.I don't like seeing birds caged.

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Re: Game Wardens

Postby viedcht » May 20th, 2022, 10:17 am

I think the yellow finches, and parakeets, can be kept as caged birds without permits.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » May 20th, 2022, 11:22 am

My resident Game Warden say no permit required.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 20th, 2022, 11:56 am

i despise birds being put into cages, their wings clipped or leg chained to be somebody's pet - fackin leave d birds in d wild as they are meant to be

... who doh like what i saying dise u :|

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 20th, 2022, 12:37 pm

That real sad.I watched these birds grow up since lockdown.Blasted foreigners catching them to sell.Not going to say who, lest the white knights reach

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 20th, 2022, 5:10 pm

timelapse wrote:That real sad.I watched these birds grow up since lockdown.Blasted foreigners catching them to sell.Not going to say who, lest the white knights reach

They only doing it because they know that there is a lucrative market locally for certain birds.
I for one never could understand what people get out of putting a wild bird in a cage. That is real stress and suffering for the animal. All to amuse a human?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 20th, 2022, 6:17 pm

lets be blunt here , if venes bringing in birds for pets\sale its because trinis are buying them not their fellow venes , trinis love to enslave birds

among all d buildings & concrete jungle in d heart of of chaguanas luckily still has local birds flying over\around looking for food & hanging out , kisskadee, pigeons, blackbirds, occasional parrots too etc

question : it have some small reddish brown birds kinda resemble a small dove & some similar to local blackbirds but with white & some purplish color on their chest , both of these whistle nicely\loudly, i cant recall seeing being local from before , nice birds i feel d venes brought in & escaped - what species are these ?

we have a carpark shed here & i often leave old bread or overripe fruits for them rather than throw it in d bin, they love that , i like to look\listen to them ...

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 20th, 2022, 7:41 pm

I find this should be made illegal.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”