TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Best hybrid to buy now under TT$150k (tax free)?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Best hybrid to buy now under $150k (tax free)?

Postby Dizzy28 » May 25th, 2022, 11:52 am

MG Man wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:
pugboy wrote:ppl buying a used car whose battery is on the lifespan downslope

Correct, but also it is the dealers to blame who bring vehicles with a rolled back mileage. In 2020 my friend bought a 2016 aqua with mileage of 20xxx. When I paid for the report from Japan, the actual mileage was 140xxx. So he had to do an immediate total service on the car. The battery test on the hybrid battery showed at 69% as well.
It is also recommended to do an annual battery recondition which people charging minimum $1000 to do which is supposed to extend the lifespan of your battery.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sad that ppl still falling for this sheit
two things that make trinis horny: 'high' series and low roro miles
Too bad there's no recourse for fraud

Still never forget the first time I carry my first car to the mechanic. RORO Lancer bought at "22,500kms".
Mechanic say it could never be such a low mileage based on the condition of the engine. Not run down but not a 22,000km engine.

2nd car was a new one I sold at 66,000kms and had to show all the bills to prove the mileage was real as the buyer didn't believe me. But they believe all them FU dealers.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 25th, 2022, 11:55 am

yup, ppl dotish like that :|
bragging rights thing

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » May 25th, 2022, 12:24 pm

To me the good days of foreign used long gone. The value just not there anymore …… local used is the way

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 25th, 2022, 12:25 pm

every single foreign used car coming in with 22-26k on the clock

agent007
punchin NOS

Best hybrid to buy now under $150k (tax free)?

Postby agent007 » May 25th, 2022, 12:29 pm

The Aqua and Vezel groups are plagued with issues. You buy a roro hybrid that is already 3-4 years old and keep it for the loan period of 5 years. By the time the vehicle is paid off for, it will be 9 years old with a battery pack or hybrid system with a theoretical marketing bs shelf life between 8-10 years. It will be less in our climate due to the dust, bad roads and heat.

To save the planet? I had 2 hybrids….a May 2013 Aqua purchased in Jan 2018 and a Feb 2017 Xtrail purchased brand new in Aug 2017. The Aqua was stress. The Xtrail was sold after 2 years long before it start to give me stress. From the looks of things, I dodged a bullet. The Aqua was advertised at 22k kms. When we went to collect the car, it was doing 88k kms and the dealer admitted to me that they did not get to roll back the mileage yet. I told them no worries, I prefer to know the legit mileage on the vehicle and with that they gave us a further cash discount as their way in saying sorry for the mishap.

You see buyers remorse and pride? Them thing real. It have owners who fell for the rhetoric but their vehicles stressing them out big time.

Soon, we will downsize all of our vehicles cause it have more important things to study than some depreciating asset. If you buy a 2018 March K13 1.2, you will be buying a good car all in the name of fuel economy. Those March can rival hybrid like economy too without the headache. Massy versions went up to PDW and you get 6 airbags with those and a full instrument cluster with a tachometer. They also have 1 reverse light cause the other is a rear fog and front power windows only. Those units came from India. The roro versions are 2 airbags with a speedometer only, they have power windows on all 4 doors and 2 reverse lights. These roro units are made in Japan. I think the locals have a spare tyre and the roro has a fix a flat kit. Open to correction.

Don’t let me start with the Ioniq and Niro crew. Non hybrid Hyundais and Kia’s are absolute hell on earth, imagine you buy a used one. As those cars age, is best you carry it by the scrap iron fella on the Beetham there for him to cut up and sell.
Last edited by agent007 on May 25th, 2022, 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 25th, 2022, 12:29 pm

pugboy wrote:every single foreign used car coming in with 22-26k on the clock

well yuh see right, Japan is a tiny lil nation and these car from lil towns where de owner dem doh go far
So awwwwwwl car from japan does be low low miles bai

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 25th, 2022, 12:36 pm

Lol one of my padnas still paying for his dnd hybrid fielder and the hybrid battery completely gone tru.
8k to repair

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 25th, 2022, 12:43 pm

denise will sort it out

if you dream it you can drive it

Phone Surgeon wrote:Lol one of my padnas still paying for his dnd hybrid fielder and the hybrid battery completely gone tru.
8k to repair

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 25th, 2022, 1:34 pm

8k? Small ting....the fuel savings to be derived thereafter and the feeling that you doing your part to save the planet brings gratification and satisfaction that is unparalleled.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » May 25th, 2022, 1:36 pm

when I win the lotto, I gonna buy a GR Yaris and swap everything over to an Aqua

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 25th, 2022, 2:17 pm

agent007 wrote:The Aqua and Vezel groups are plagued with issues. You buy a roro hybrid that is already 3-4 years old and keep it for the loan period of 5 years. By the time the vehicle is paid off for, it will be 9 years old with a battery pack or hybrid system with a theoretical marketing bs shelf life between 8-10 years. It will be less in our climate due to the dust, bad roads and heat.

To save the planet? I had 2 hybrids….a May 2013 Aqua purchased in Jan 2018 and a Feb 2017 Xtrail purchased brand new in Aug 2017. The Aqua was stress. The Xtrail was sold after 2 years long before it start to give me stress. From the looks of things, I dodged a bullet. The Aqua was advertised at 22k kms. When we went to collect the car, it was doing 88k kms and the dealer admitted to me that they did not get to roll back the mileage yet. I told them no worries, I prefer to know the legit mileage on the vehicle and with that they gave us a further cash discount as their way in saying sorry for the mishap.

You see buyers remorse and pride? Them thing real. It have owners who fell for the rhetoric but their vehicles stressing them out big time.

Soon, we will downsize all of our vehicles cause it have more important things to study than some depreciating asset. If you buy a 2018 March K13 1.2, you will be buying a good car all in the name of fuel economy. Those March can rival hybrid like economy too without the headache. Massy versions went up to PDW and you get 6 airbags with those and a full instrument cluster with a tachometer. They also have 1 reverse light cause the other is a rear fog and front power windows only. Those units came from India. The roro versions are 2 airbags with a speedometer only, they have power windows on all 4 doors and 2 reverse lights. These roro units are made in Japan. I think the locals have a spare tyre and the roro has a fix a flat kit. Open to correction.

Don’t let me start with the Ioniq and Niro crew. Non hybrid Hyundais and Kia’s are absolute hell on earth, imagine you buy a used one. As those cars age, is best you carry it by the scrap iron fella on the Beetham there for him to cut up and sell.
The battery pack average life is about 17 years/200,000 miles to failure or capacity loss based customer-use test data. The data is across all available manufacturers.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 25th, 2022, 2:37 pm

Sorry to disappoint you bro but you see that marketing material you paste there...that is NOT the case in the real world, especially in T&T. Post that in some of them hybrid groups nah and they go run yuh.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » May 25th, 2022, 2:41 pm

adnj wrote:
agent007 wrote:The Aqua and Vezel groups are plagued with issues. You buy a roro hybrid that is already 3-4 years old and keep it for the loan period of 5 years. By the time the vehicle is paid off for, it will be 9 years old with a battery pack or hybrid system with a theoretical marketing bs shelf life between 8-10 years. It will be less in our climate due to the dust, bad roads and heat.

The battery pack average life is about 17 years/200,000 miles to failure or capacity loss based customer-use test data. The data is across all available manufacturers.

Well something wrong with that average. Because men who have 2015-2017 aquas battery failing on them already. I see many on the fb group as well as personally know some. I also know a few who don't have the money to buy a hybrid battery so is either they driving the car as it is, or they decide to park it up home until they could sort it out. So I'm not sure whether these failures are due to factors in japan or factors in trinidad

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 25th, 2022, 2:50 pm

I'm separating the actual post made by the user who made it. I have nothing against adnj so don't take it personally ok pal but that post has to be the biggest pile of misleading a$$ery I've seen in a while. I now post it in my 200+ member whatsapp car group and let's just say I suddenly became the most popular member.

And it have gullible quacks who believe them thing eh.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 25th, 2022, 3:24 pm

It may actually be a servicing issue, where the typical local owners of an Aqua are the type coming across from the Nissan Tiida and Almera "never read the manual and drive it till it breaks then blame somebody else." Hybrids need regular fan servicing to keep the battery cool. The most likely point of battery failure or poor performance is excessive heat as well as the control PCB failing due to excessive heat rather than just the battery. Hybrid batteries are designed for 15-20 years lifespan. If they are abused and not serviced, what would happen?

Typical dealership Prius C bought in USA have not been reporting this problem, likely because they have a service schedule that's adhered to. And it's the same battery pack from Japan.

Are we getting similar reports from the Honda brand? The Hyundai Ioniq?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 25th, 2022, 3:30 pm

agent007 wrote:Sorry to disappoint you bro but you see that marketing material you paste there...that is NOT the case in the real world, especially in T&T. Post that in some of them hybrid groups nah and they go run yuh.

Consumer Reports published the data and has been tracking battery pack useful life with subscriber data since the 1990s. If you want to talk about what happens only in Trinidad, in your Whatsapp group, or personal circle, state so.

I know of many owners that driving hybrids that have battery packs that are past 100,000 miles - but that is my experience.

My point stands.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 25th, 2022, 3:41 pm

boy I dont know any battery chemistry type which can claim 17year usage lifespan and worse yet for highly reactive chemistry like lithium.
I know the aqua uses nimh but almost everything else is lithium based battery.

if the issue is heat why doesnt the mfg have a thermal alarm like engine temp gauge for the battery ?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 25th, 2022, 3:42 pm

MG Man wrote:when I win the lotto, I gonna buy a GR Yaris and swap everything over to an Aqua

You need a new friend? I like your thoughts.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 25th, 2022, 3:43 pm

massy ioniq are still within 5 year range before they start going over the hill.

maj. tom wrote:It may actually be a servicing issue, where the typical local owners of an Aqua are the type coming across from the Nissan Tiida and Almera "never read the manual and drive it till it breaks then blame somebody else." Hybrids need regular fan servicing to keep the battery cool. The most likely point of battery failure or poor performance is excessive heat as well as the control PCB failing due to excessive heat rather than just the battery. Hybrid batteries are designed for 15-20 years lifespan. If they are abused and not serviced, what would happen?

Typical dealership Prius C bought in USA have not been reporting this problem, likely because they have a service schedule that's adhered to. And it's the same battery pack from Japan.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 25th, 2022, 3:50 pm

no issues in the Honda camp wrt battery packs.
So far the Achilles heel seems to be the DCT - made worse by people not maintaining it properly, or not driving it properly.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » May 25th, 2022, 3:58 pm

maj. tom wrote:It may actually be a servicing issue, where the typical local owners of an Aqua are the type coming across from the Nissan Tiida and Almera "never read the manual and drive it till it breaks then blame somebody else." Hybrids need regular fan servicing to keep the battery cool. The most likely point of battery failure or poor performance is excessive heat as well as the control PCB failing due to excessive heat rather than just the battery. Hybrid batteries are designed for 15-20 years lifespan. If they are abused and not serviced, what would happen?

Speaking from the aqua perspective, batteries is not the only problem. I see a problem with the brakes accumulator keep popping up very often on the group. I was quoted $1500 labour and $5000 parts to fix. Everyday I see somebody asking for wheel bearing replacement and I'm not kidding when I say everyday lol. And some of the issues are not really diy fixes. People have to resort to going to a specific group of mechanics who are dominating the aqua fb group. Simple things like changing brakes in a normal car apparently is not so simple for the aqua, almost the same procedure but involves some additional steps that aren't being mentioned on the group by the mechanics. So from having to maintain my own tiida for the last 10 yrs without problems to having to spend additonal money and time to get stuff fixed by a mechanic is an interesting change for me.... cuz ik the kind of mangotree and ripoff mechanics it have out there

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 25th, 2022, 4:22 pm

Then the savings for the gas really not worth it

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 25th, 2022, 4:22 pm

Price of vehicle in the buyers mind speaks to being cheap to maintain which isn't the case.
Perfect example was a lady in a motorist outlet asking for spark plugs and being quoted 400 odd dollars to which her reply was " is ah ad wagon" and then you want to know why coil packs blow.

A downward spiral for these owners thinking they are saving money in gas but paying more and in many other ways.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » May 25th, 2022, 5:00 pm

^^
wait till they see the price ah dem denso iridium the aqua an the like uses, the newer one has ah even harder to find and more expensive plug. In d earlies when i got mine i brought it down from rakuten jp lol.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 25th, 2022, 5:07 pm

small price to pay for saving the planet
when global warming kicks in badly and you cant live without aircon dont complain

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 25th, 2022, 5:29 pm

adnj wrote:
agent007 wrote:Sorry to disappoint you bro but you see that marketing material you paste there...that is NOT the case in the real world, especially in T&T. Post that in some of them hybrid groups nah and they go run yuh.

Consumer Reports published the data and has been tracking battery pack useful life with subscriber data since the 1990s. If you want to talk about what happens only in Trinidad, in your Whatsapp group, or personal circle, state so.

I know of many owners that driving hybrids that have battery packs that are past 100,000 miles - but that is my experience.

My point stands.

You are living in a vacuum and you have no idea what you're talking about. The minute you reach to CR data and you throw in that you know owners with xyz blah blah blah etc, it clearly shows further discussion with you on this topic is pointless. You should have stopped at that last post honestly. Right now you stuck in mud and your pride is getting the best of you as you dig deeper into the mud.

But I love a challenge. PM me, let's arrange a meeting with these owners and I promise you (quote it eh) I will come on this forum and give the biggest apology that would make Duane make a separate page for it.

I would like to make a claim as well. I know a Daewoo Cielo doing 600,000kms and a Chevy Optra that is 18 years old doing over 400,000kms. What does that say? N1S! What I didn't mention is how many engine/transmission and head/block combos them thing pass through to derive that mileage.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 25th, 2022, 6:29 pm

I have done about 105000 km so far with absolutely no issues with the battery pack. Like I said earlier, persons just jumped into the hybrid scene without understanding the peculiarities in maintenance and driving style required for a hybrid vehicle. Like someone said earlier, the typical aqua and fielder buyer most likely owned a cheap Nissan, and was tempted by the low price. However, it's a golden opportunity to make plenty money as a hybrid "technician" especially with the removal of taxes on the low end hybrid vehicles.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 25th, 2022, 6:33 pm

so my question is which hybrids would still work on the ICE engine alone if the battery stop working?

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » May 25th, 2022, 6:41 pm

redmanjp wrote:so my question is which hybrids would still work on the ICE engine alone if the battery stop working?
If you asking that, I'd suggest you stay away from a hybrid vehicle because it seems like you're not interested in doing proper research and the mango tree mechanic will be there for you. A simple google search for "hybrid technician Trinidad" is a good start to locate, call or visit these establishments to see what you are getting into.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 25th, 2022, 6:51 pm

It could mean that you don't know the answer as well. Redman, it look like you genuinely want to know. If you serious, pm me, let's talk.
wing wrote:
redmanjp wrote:so my question is which hybrids would still work on the ICE engine alone if the battery stop working?
If you asking that, I'd suggest you stay away from a hybrid vehicle because it seems like you're not interested in doing proper research and the mango tree mechanic will be there for you. A simple google search for "hybrid technician Trinidad" is a good start to locate, call or visit these establishments to see what you are getting into.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”