Forums

RIP - Bernard Wright - Who Do You Love?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

RIP - Bernard Wright - Who Do You Love?

Postby bluefete » May 23rd, 2022, 5:59 pm

Only really old school tuners would know.

Passed 3 days ago. Son of Roberta Flack.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: RIP - Bernard Wright - Who Do You Love?

Postby Rovin » May 23rd, 2022, 6:45 pm

i wud like to think i know a ton of music going back into mid 1900 however i never heard of him & this song

a quick google says https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Wright

Wright was born in Jamaica, Queens, New York.[2] In the liner notes to his debut album 'Nard, he stated that his mother is Lessie Wright.[3] His godmother was singer Roberta Flack.[4]

roberta was good in her days, i still now\then play her stuff in front my store ...

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » May 23rd, 2022, 9:16 pm

Looks like he was doing barrel rolls with a GoPro at the end of that music video.

I always liked that song

RIP dude

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » May 23rd, 2022, 9:58 pm

RIP

He was her godson .

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 24th, 2022, 6:54 am

VII wrote:RIPHe was her godson .

Rovin wrote:i wud like to think i know a ton of music going back into mid 1900 however i never heard of him & this song
His godmother was singer Roberta Flack.[4]

Roberta was good in her days, i still now\then play her stuff in front my store ...

LOL. One of the sad things about radio today is that they do not play many types of music. Even when they play music from the 1980's for example, they regurgitate the same songs over and over and over, so a lot of good music is never heard.

Rovin, if you really want to explore music go to archive.org and explore the massive music collection there.

I grew up always hearing that he was her son. So, I don't know where people are getting the idea that he was her godson. Of course that was before the days of the internet and social media :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 24th, 2022, 11:07 am

i do know\have a ton of pop music , i actually like d 70s a lil more than d 80s & ur right same setta 80s songs d radio djs play over n over, alot of them werent even born during that era so they play d popular ones they know about .

There were alot of good music during 70s-80s that didnt reach top 20 or barely made it into d top 40 so ppl wont even know unless they download music collections & listen

97.1 is d only station that plays some of these classics & when wade watley is on he really plays some rel old songs ...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”