TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Youtuber\Foodie\Traveller showcases T&T ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Youtuber\Foodie\Traveller showcases T&T ...

Postby timelapse » November 15th, 2022, 1:05 pm

Rovin wrote:
Cantmis wrote:https://youtu.be/vtdnfA5ZZds

u hadda embed d ting hossboidanboi .....

He feel he special because dem now come across scorpion pepper?wIgga please.
I making plum chow with those for years now.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 15th, 2022, 4:38 pm

nice that he diverted a bit to the agri side of things
we lag a bit on this side of the pepper things

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 15th, 2022, 6:39 pm

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 15th, 2022, 6:43 pm

like he pickup a dulahin

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 15th, 2022, 8:39 pm

Behbeh boy Zaak at it again…

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 16th, 2022, 12:09 pm

i watched TRINI SURFER in d past during d lockdown - his vids decent , his vid with mark is basically same

david is an exception trini ambassador , man was in another country yet still bigging up TRINIDAD fus he love we food, again only thing i dont like about david is like when he finds something he loves like he does inhale\swallow it fast without letting it savor in his mouth, i myself am not really a other ppl touching meh food kinda person

even mark is human when u it comes to peppers & d trini scorpion, he eat ah whole 1 yes seeds & all but admitted it bunnin he whole mouth & he respected it , he said he felt like his tongue had a hole & his taste buds were shot after eating it

not me & dat nah it jes burns d hell out of ur mouth & u doh taste nothing else ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 16th, 2022, 1:36 pm

mark could certainly enter those pepper eating contests and be a serious contendrt

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 16th, 2022, 1:38 pm

pugboy wrote:mark could certainly enter those pepper eating contests and be a serious contendrt

Man put Trinis to shame yes.

O dem know bout pepper.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 16th, 2022, 2:28 pm

anyone ever try miracle fruit/miracle berry when trying to eat hot pepper?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 16th, 2022, 2:32 pm

david seems to be a next pepper man who cud give mark a run

it have trinis who grew up from small on peppah jes like mark , every food they eating is level pepper , on YT have videos explaining this, d pepper stimulates sensory pleasure stuff in ur brain similar to how drugs do

not me nah , i grew up with pepper as a background flavor jes tasting that its barely there ...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 16th, 2022, 2:36 pm

yeah boy...i have some padnas does eat mad pepper

does see dem fellas taking heavy roast pepper by doublesmen

like wtf

i only want enuff pepper to be flavorful

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 16th, 2022, 3:21 pm

This man ate so much pepper he had to go to the ER
Case Report of Presumed (In)voluntary Capsaicin Intoxication Mimicking an Acute Abdomen
https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/3610401

Background.
The clinical features of a presumed capsaicin intoxication have not been reported so far.
Case Presentation.
A 27-year-old man took part in a qualifying for a competition in spicy food tolerance. During this qualifying, he swallowed 4 chili peppers type Bhut jolokia (about 1 million Scoville units) and other extremely spicy foods; the total amount of capsaicin ingested (roughly calculated retrospectively) accounted for at least 600 mg. After 2½ hours, the patient developed severe abdominal pain, which led to hospital admission. In contrast to the severe symptoms, clinical, laboratory, and imaging examinations (ultrasound and plain X-ray of the abdomen) did not reveal any significant abnormalities. Treatment with analgesics resulted in complete regression of the abdominal pain within 30 hours. Conclusions. The clinical picture in the view of pharmacological investigations on intestinal capsaicin infusions suggests that excessive doses of capsaicin can induce severe abdominal pain; the prolonged symptoms were probably due to the failure to vomit. Thus, a capsaicin intoxication must be considered in the differential diagnosis of an acute abdomen.

It can get worse. This is why you don't try to poison yourself with pepper.

Esophageal Rupture After Ghost Pepper Ingestion
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2016.05.061

Case Report

A 47-year-old man presented to the Emergency Department (ED) with severe abdominal and chest pain subsequent to violent retching and vomiting after eating ghost peppers as part of a contest. A subsequent chest x-ray study showed evidence of a left-sided pleural effusion and patchy infiltrates. A computed tomography scan of the abdomen and pelvis showed pneumomediastinum with air around the distal esophagus, suggestive of a spontaneous esophageal perforation and a left-sided pneumothorax. The patient was intubated and taken immediately to the operating room, where he was noted to have a 2.5-cm tear in the distal esophagus, with a mediastinal fluid collection including food debris, as well as a left-sided pneumothorax. The patient was extubated on hospital day 14, and was discharged home with a gastric tube in place on hospital day 23.

Post-Pepper Pain, Perforation, and Peritonitis
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/400267
JAMA. 1992;268(13):1686. doi:10.1001/jama.1992.03490130074031

To the Editor. —Spices have long been associated with gastric mucosal injury. We report a case of ruptured duodenal ulcer associated with eating chili peppers.A 23-year-old man was admitted to the casualty ward with excruciating abdominal pain and vomiting. Four hours before admission he had competed with his brother in eating 25 chili peppers within 12 minutes. The pain began 2 hours later. There was no history of dyspepsia or any other symptoms related to ulcer diathesis or recent stressful events.On physical examination, the patient was in pain and had overt peritoneal irritation. Routine tests including complete blood cell count and serum urea nitrogen, electrolyte, and amylase levels were within normal limits.Plain abdominal roentgenogram demonstrated free air under the diaphragm. On exploratory laparotomy, the duodenum was neither deformed nor scarred, but a free, round, 5-mm-diameter perforation of the anterior wall was found, together with mild peritonitis.

Those are extreme cases of course. But high capsaicin ingestion can lead to violent uncontrollable coughing, hiccups and vomiting in anyone. It can quickly turn bad. So be careful with that kind of pepper and the stupidly obstinate remarks that a scorpion/ghost pepper has a "fruity" taste and oh claims of how they can taste it beyond the searing pain, blistering sinus nerves in your brain and perhaps worse consequences. That's just complete bullsheit and you know it.

Your esophagus is the tube that carries food from your throat to your stomach. It plays a vital role in digestion. Sometimes, violent coughing or vomiting can tear the tissue of your lower esophagus and it can start to bleed. The condition is called a Mallory-Weiss tear.
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/malloryweiss-tear

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 16th, 2022, 3:24 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:anyone ever try miracle fruit/miracle berry when trying to eat hot pepper?
That only works for sour

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 16th, 2022, 4:37 pm

maj. tom wrote:This man ate so much pepper he had to go to the ER
Case Report of Presumed (In)voluntary Capsaicin Intoxication Mimicking an Acute Abdomen
https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/3610401

Background.
The clinical features of a presumed capsaicin intoxication have not been reported so far.
Case Presentation.
A 27-year-old man took part in a qualifying for a competition in spicy food tolerance. During this qualifying, he swallowed 4 chili peppers type Bhut jolokia (about 1 million Scoville units) and other extremely spicy foods; the total amount of capsaicin ingested (roughly calculated retrospectively) accounted for at least 600 mg. After 2½ hours, the patient developed severe abdominal pain, which led to hospital admission. In contrast to the severe symptoms, clinical, laboratory, and imaging examinations (ultrasound and plain X-ray of the abdomen) did not reveal any significant abnormalities. Treatment with analgesics resulted in complete regression of the abdominal pain within 30 hours. Conclusions. The clinical picture in the view of pharmacological investigations on intestinal capsaicin infusions suggests that excessive doses of capsaicin can induce severe abdominal pain; the prolonged symptoms were probably due to the failure to vomit. Thus, a capsaicin intoxication must be considered in the differential diagnosis of an acute abdomen.

It can get worse. This is why you don't try to poison yourself with pepper.

Esophageal Rupture After Ghost Pepper Ingestion
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2016.05.061

Case Report

A 47-year-old man presented to the Emergency Department (ED) with severe abdominal and chest pain subsequent to violent retching and vomiting after eating ghost peppers as part of a contest. A subsequent chest x-ray study showed evidence of a left-sided pleural effusion and patchy infiltrates. A computed tomography scan of the abdomen and pelvis showed pneumomediastinum with air around the distal esophagus, suggestive of a spontaneous esophageal perforation and a left-sided pneumothorax. The patient was intubated and taken immediately to the operating room, where he was noted to have a 2.5-cm tear in the distal esophagus, with a mediastinal fluid collection including food debris, as well as a left-sided pneumothorax. The patient was extubated on hospital day 14, and was discharged home with a gastric tube in place on hospital day 23.

Post-Pepper Pain, Perforation, and Peritonitis
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/400267
JAMA. 1992;268(13):1686. doi:10.1001/jama.1992.03490130074031

To the Editor. —Spices have long been associated with gastric mucosal injury. We report a case of ruptured duodenal ulcer associated with eating chili peppers.A 23-year-old man was admitted to the casualty ward with excruciating abdominal pain and vomiting. Four hours before admission he had competed with his brother in eating 25 chili peppers within 12 minutes. The pain began 2 hours later. There was no history of dyspepsia or any other symptoms related to ulcer diathesis or recent stressful events.On physical examination, the patient was in pain and had overt peritoneal irritation. Routine tests including complete blood cell count and serum urea nitrogen, electrolyte, and amylase levels were within normal limits.Plain abdominal roentgenogram demonstrated free air under the diaphragm. On exploratory laparotomy, the duodenum was neither deformed nor scarred, but a free, round, 5-mm-diameter perforation of the anterior wall was found, together with mild peritonitis.

Those are extreme cases of course. But high capsaicin ingestion can lead to violent uncontrollable coughing, hiccups and vomiting in anyone. It can quickly turn bad. So be careful with that kind of pepper and the stupidly obstinate remarks that a scorpion/ghost pepper has a "fruity" taste and oh claims of how they can taste it beyond the searing pain, blistering sinus nerves in your brain and perhaps worse consequences. That's just complete bullsheit and you know it.

Your esophagus is the tube that carries food from your throat to your stomach. It plays a vital role in digestion. Sometimes, violent coughing or vomiting can tear the tissue of your lower esophagus and it can start to bleed. The condition is called a Mallory-Weiss tear.
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/malloryweiss-tear

I learned a lesson with pepper. One of my bredrins has a medium sized company and back in the noughties I was asked to be the judge in a curry duck and murtani compeition he had for the employees.
After eating all the pepper I ended up curled up in pain and swore I was going and ded!!!

Also didn't help I played cricket after the eating part and that's when the real pain started.

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » November 16th, 2022, 4:38 pm

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 16th, 2022, 4:43 pm

i was once given some shrimp curry which had a whole super hot pepper and some pimentos as well which they didnt know were cross pollinated.

my stomach burnt and was bloated for over a week., was taking yoghurt and all kidna thing.
eating only soup for a week
what I shoulda take was nexium or one of those drugs but i didnt know.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 16th, 2022, 5:34 pm

Some days i eh want to hear about pepper and other days is scorpion sauce leaking out from a hotdog

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 16th, 2022, 5:43 pm

so after 2 top dog worldwide food bloggers reach here

we can summarize that TT is 90% good for fried indian origin street food and pepper based food ?
come nah man

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Youtuber\Foodie\Traveller showcases T&T ...

Postby MaxPower » November 16th, 2022, 6:28 pm

Rovin wrote:david seems to be a next pepper man who cud give mark a run

it have trinis who grew up from small on peppah jes like mark , every food they eating is level pepper , on YT have videos explaining this, d pepper stimulates sensory pleasure stuff in ur brain similar to how drugs do

not me nah , i grew up with pepper as a background flavor jes tasting that its barely there ...

Na toppy, the nation amazed by how Mark handle he story. They already gone ou gouuuuuud and get all dramatic when they see him deal with that pepper.

Mark pepper and a trini “level pepper” is two totally different things.

Rov, doh fight it down na, yuh countrymen get owned in their own country. Give the jack he jacket na

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 16th, 2022, 6:35 pm

na i eh beatin up , who cud handle rel hot pepper allyuh fix up .... always remember if u feel u good it always have somebody out there who willing to challenge u

somehow i always tort berties was owned by either an african or indian person - not that it matters once it locally made , i bought it b4 & imo i dont see how ppl love it - nothing outstanding for me, looks like too much food starch in it , i prefer chief lime & pepper when i feeling for mild & chief home style for a bit hotter

how much actual pepper allyuh feel royal castle famous pepper sauce really have in it ? , i guess about 10% normal 7 pod pepper & d rest is local seasoning , i feel about 1\3 of it is shadow beni .... their pepper sauce so mild yet flavorful though u mostly taste shadow beni u cud almost use it like ketchup on ur fry chicken

i so fraid dem doubles\fry indian stuff ppl when u tell dem slight or very slight like their hand heavy so i does take my mine without any pepper but sometimes in their speed they using d same spoon that dip in d pepper so u still get some in ur food ...
Last edited by Rovin on November 16th, 2022, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 16th, 2022, 6:38 pm

^ the dan have a proper Trini white accent.

But same here, always thought it was Indian people.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 16th, 2022, 7:28 pm

Cantmis wrote:https://youtu.be/GqbSUuYDjuU

:o

i like to see other ppl trying to replicate our T&T culture but like this chef totally americanise our methods of cooking , doesnt look authentic at all ...

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 16th, 2022, 7:46 pm

pugboy wrote:i was once given some shrimp curry which had a whole super hot pepper and some pimentos as well which they didnt know were cross pollinated.

my stomach burnt and was bloated for over a week., was taking yoghurt and all kidna thing.
eating only soup for a week
what I shoulda take was nexium or one of those drugs but i didnt know.
Pugboy you Guyanese?
Shrimp curry?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » November 16th, 2022, 9:58 pm

Cantmis wrote:https://youtu.be/GqbSUuYDjuU

What in the Nine Hells is that? That isn't a goat roti by any stretch of the imagination.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 16th, 2022, 10:12 pm

more like pulled goat meat spicy burrito.
what d ass how dis video reach in this thread? :lol:

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » November 19th, 2022, 9:12 am

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 19th, 2022, 9:44 am

excellent

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » November 19th, 2022, 10:17 am

Feel to eat a roti today with that yes

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 19th, 2022, 10:25 am

Wow.

I am very impressed.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » November 19th, 2022, 10:58 am

DMan7 wrote:

The full Raj Experience™

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”