Forums

Most Useless University Degrees in Trinidad

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Most Useless University Degrees in Trinidad

Postby daring dragoon » July 17th, 2022, 9:33 am

anything GATE and CAPE is useless as anyone was allowed into the class. especially and IT degree. most of them come out more dotish than when they went in and cant even find the IP address of a computer when out in the field.
HSE and OSHA degrees was also pretty useless as people come out hoping to get wuk in the oil industry but the oil companies bring people from foreign to do the wuk and now the industry collapse i sure they would wipe the behind with the degree paper.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 17th, 2022, 10:02 am

matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:Gender studies. Only morons do it
Hmm. But how does a moron go about getting accepted into a university, much less finishing a degree, in the first place?

Skating by in humanities subjects. Ask 80% of law students
What subjects did you do well in? Those must be the courses truly suited to morons.

You must be a moron, a truly stupid person, because you couldn't figure out that I was just baiting you.

Dude, all of your points are based on repost of other people's talking points.

You are good at copying. Not an original thought rolling around in that head of yours
And yet, my plethora of copy and pasted articles, opinions and arguments have yet to be refuted.

You apparently love to debate. Unfortunately, you didn't spend any time learning how to win a debate.

Stick to debating what you understand: the price of bodi and aloo pies.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 17th, 2022, 10:09 am

matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:
Hmm. But how does a moron go about getting accepted into a university, much less finishing a degree, in the first place?

What subjects did you do well in? Those must be the courses truly suited to morons.

You must be a moron, a truly stupid person, because you couldn't figure out that I was just baiting you.

You are good at copying. Not an original thought rolling around in that head of yours

as i said thank god google was invented as he is a total idiot.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » July 17th, 2022, 10:09 am

Just copying other people's work isn’t a debate.

And you get boring. Why would I invest time, if you have nothing interesting to contribute?

Remember how much pushback there was against the lab leak theory by established (cdc) and armchair scientists? Now that it's most likely true, why would think that you would have any credibility?

Those who were pushing the initial 5g hoax wasn't even anti vaxxers. They merely adopted it

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 17th, 2022, 10:20 am

adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:

Hahaha! poor fella didn’t quite catch on.

Too stupid and dumb.

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 17th, 2022, 10:30 am

What about the Instrumentation Degree offered by UTT?
Seems like a good choice.
Any Reviews?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 17th, 2022, 11:14 am

AlphaMan wrote:What about the Instrumentation Degree offered by UTT?
Any Reviews?
Good degree.Get friends in Pt Lisas and you set

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 17th, 2022, 11:21 am

daring dragoon wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:

matr1x wrote:Just copying other people's work isn’t a debate.

And you get boring. Why would I invest time, if you have nothing interesting to contribute?

Remember how much pushback there was against the lab leak theory by established (cdc) and armchair scientists? Now that it's most likely true, why would think that you would have any credibility?

Those who were pushing the initial 5g hoax wasn't even anti vaxxers. They merely adopted it
Let's say I am an idiot. But how am I smarter than you two combined - even before my morning coffee?

Why is nearly every one of your troll posts an original thought that makes sense only to the trolls? But doesn't make sense to anyone else?

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » July 17th, 2022, 11:27 am

adnj wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:

Let's say I am an idiot. But how am I smarter than you two combined - even before my morning coffee?

Why is nearly every one of your troll posts an original thought that makes sense only to the trolls? But doesn't make sense to anyone else?

You can keep thinking yourself smart.
It's not true, but you can believe in fairy tales too

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 17th, 2022, 11:32 am

Study STEM especially Computer Science, in the US Comp Sci grads are the new kings of salary. After 2 to 5 years of good experience you should be making easily over 100k. But to be honest that would be quite low as most mid level persons would be making closer to 150k

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 17th, 2022, 11:35 am

matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:

I believe in the consistent and simultaneous self-aggrandizing and gross stupidity of the Trinitroller. Fascinating!

AlphaMan
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby AlphaMan » July 17th, 2022, 12:27 pm

timelapse wrote:
Any Reviews?

Is the field saturated?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 17th, 2022, 12:31 pm

At the end of the day, like a lecturer told me in my university days, what's the difference between your piece of paper and mine? Degrees simply get you the interview and that's it. You have to do the rest. A degree shows you are good at regurgitating that's it but how would you do in a practical approach is the true test not the mid terms or finals. Can you make executive decisions when the time calls for such and use discretion when needed or are you a simple yes man following policy and procedures to the T?

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » July 17th, 2022, 12:34 pm

matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
adnj wrote:

if the idiot can read the forum label is "ole talk" it doesnt say advice or facts. ole talk is for entertainment but the idiot feel he know everything an want to push his ideas and stuff that he google cause he has too much free time on other people.you have to be one moron to take one what anyone says in here and in life.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » July 17th, 2022, 12:42 pm

hover11 wrote:At the end of the day, like a lecturer told me in my university days, what's the difference between your piece of paper and mine? Degrees simply get you the interview and that's it. You have to do the rest. A degree shows you are good at regurgitating that's it but how would you do in a practical approach is the true test not the mid terms or finals. Can you make executive decisions when the time calls for such and use discretion when needed or are you a simple yes man following policy and procedures to the T?

Problem with this line of thinking is that people join the workplace feeling that they above the methods and policies written by those more experienced than them. Everybody feels that they are the bright exception, but anything goes wrong, they cant read a simple error message on the computer, and quick to call supervisor and manager every minute. And at that point, they just getting told "read the damn screen and do what it tells you to fix it."

What I've learned is that those that constantly cry about regurgitation, left brain thinking and common sense are usually the worst offenders. You can teach a man to do 98% of the wuk in 3 years and not need a set of manuals and policies next to him on the desk. But when that crunch hit, you need the man who write the manual, not the one who feel he bright and dont need no manual.

People only have sense when watching Ian Alleyne from their comfortable, cool couch.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 18th, 2022, 12:47 am

Volcanology, Theatre Arts, Gender Studies.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 18th, 2022, 5:58 am

AlphaMan wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Any Reviews?

Is the field saturated?
There will always be an opportunity.You just need to take it while you young.Most industrial companies take trainees that they can tailor to their equipment.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 18th, 2022, 6:57 am

timelapse wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Any Reviews?

Is the field saturated?
There will always be an opportunity.You just need to take it while you young.Most industrial companies take trainees that they can tailor to their equipment.

E&I field saturated due to the number of people sent home from closure of PT, Pt, Lisas. Like timelapse said, some companies take trainees

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » July 18th, 2022, 10:10 am

I have a friend from wayyy back that I lost in touch with. But I heard he did a degree in Parliamentary Studies or something in UWI and he worked 2 years in parliament and was let go and haven't been a able to get a job after that. Not sure what he's doing right now

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » July 18th, 2022, 11:27 am

De Dragon wrote:
timelapse wrote:
AlphaMan wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Any Reviews?

Is the field saturated?

E&I field saturated due to the number of people sent home from closure of PT, Pt, Lisas. Like timelapse said, some companies take trainees

Thanks PNM

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » July 18th, 2022, 1:14 pm

Steups. What a useless thread.

I've noticed that the underlying assumption for 3rd world people is often "I need a degree to get a job". I hardly ever hear Caribbean students saying "I need a degree to open my own business, or my own practice", or "... to make my business more innovative", unless they're aboard. Not saying 1st world students don't have this narrow-minded perspective also, but I hear it resoundingly from locals. This thread for example.

IMO, regardless of what field you study, if you can't profit from your education without always relying on someone (or the Gov't) to hire you (read as "give you your entitlement because you voted for them"), then... well, let's just say that's why TT is so disgustingly backward after 60+ years of oil revenues.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » July 18th, 2022, 1:33 pm

De Dragon wrote:Volcanology, Theatre Arts, Gender Studies.

Sounds like a PNM prime minster degree

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » July 18th, 2022, 1:45 pm

Musical Doc wrote:I have a friend from wayyy back that I lost in touch with. But I heard he did a degree in Parliamentary Studies or something in UWI and he worked 2 years in parliament and was let go and haven't been a able to get a job after that. Not sure what he's doing right now

He could probably work for the parliament channel. That's about the most you could do with that. Know a girl who did international relations and working on a pharmacy, go figures

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » July 18th, 2022, 2:53 pm

alfa wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:I have a friend from wayyy back that I lost in touch with. But I heard he did a degree in Parliamentary Studies or something in UWI and he worked 2 years in parliament and was let go and haven't been a able to get a job after that. Not sure what he's doing right now

He could probably work for the parliament channel. That's about the most you could do with that. Know a girl who did international relations and working on a pharmacy, go figures

I know one who did international relations and working in a hardware

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 18th, 2022, 3:18 pm

^^
There is NO useless degree.
All degree peeps show a commitment to focused study.

The peeps are considered educated in a particular field .
ALL degrees have electives where you learn about other areas of study.

So what exactly is " saturated " ? You can always find a job .

How come the TTPS only have peeps with 2 passes ?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » July 18th, 2022, 3:23 pm

Is 51 degrees a degree?

Plenty baytees used to talk about this qualification.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 18th, 2022, 3:56 pm

Musical Doc wrote:
alfa wrote:

I know one who did international relations and working in a hardware

Just maybe HE owns the hardware :D

Is his name Dan Steel ?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » July 18th, 2022, 3:57 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^
There is NO useless degree.
All degree peeps show a commitment to focused study.

The peeps are considered educated in a particular field .
ALL degrees have electives where you learn about other areas of study.

So what exactly is " saturated " ? You can always find a job .

How come the TTPS only have peeps with 2 passes ?
Totally agree.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 18th, 2022, 4:04 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
hover11 wrote:At the end of the day, like a lecturer told me in my university days, what's the difference between your piece of paper and mine? Degrees simply get you the interview and that's it. You have to do the rest. A degree shows you are good at regurgitating that's it but how would you do in a practical approach is the true test not the mid terms or finals. Can you make executive decisions when the time calls for such and use discretion when needed or are you a simple yes man following policy and procedures to the T?

Problem with this line of thinking is that people join the workplace feeling that they above the methods and policies written by those more experienced than them. Everybody feels that they are the bright exception, but anything goes wrong, they cant read a simple error message on the computer, and quick to call supervisor and manager every minute. And at that point, they just getting told "read the damn screen and do what it tells you to fix it."

What I've learned is that those that constantly cry about regurgitation, left brain thinking and common sense are usually the worst offenders. You can teach a man to do 98% of the wuk in 3 years and not need a set of manuals and policies next to him on the desk. But when that crunch hit, you need the man who write the manual, not the one who feel he bright and dont need no manual.

People only have sense when watching Ian Alleyne from their comfortable, cool couch.

Good point !

When a tropical storm is forecasted to hit and devastate Trinidad many will :

1. Call Trinidad & Tobago Meteorological Services

2. Call Dwayne.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » July 18th, 2022, 4:21 pm

FrankChag wrote:Steups. What a useless thread.

I've noticed that the underlying assumption for 3rd world people is often "I need a degree to get a job". I hardly ever hear Caribbean students saying "I need a degree to open my own business, or my own practice", or "... to make my business more innovative", unless they're aboard. Not saying 1st world students don't have this narrow-minded perspective also, but I hear it resoundingly from locals. This thread for example.

IMO, regardless of what field you study, if you can't profit from your education without always relying on someone (or the Gov't) to hire you (read as "give you your entitlement because you voted for them"), then... well, let's just say that's why TT is so disgustingly backward after 60+ years of oil revenues.
Finally someone said it, imagine men acquiring PHD and MBA to work for someone . All that knowledge simply wasted.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”