Forums

Official virus/bacteria/fungi/worm etc ched

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Official virus/bacteria/fungi/worm etc ched

Postby pugboy » October 26th, 2022, 8:44 pm

Don’t worry, after the neighbor child ded from flu you will see how quick ppl go running for jook
Rather ironic vs covid

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 27th, 2022, 8:36 am

"Flu done." Flu is nothing but a mild COVID infection. /s

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 27th, 2022, 8:55 am

ent

adnj wrote:"Flu done." Flu is nothing but a mild COVID infection. /s

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 27th, 2022, 10:43 am

i had the flu in late 2019 so my T and B cells should remember it. and im not in any high risk groups.

but for those who are:

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/10/27/flu-vaccines-available-on-friday/

Flu vaccines available on Friday
PAULA LINDO 7 HRS AGO

The influenza vaccine for the 2022/2023 season will be available at 50 health centres throughout Trinidad, beginning on Friday. Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh said five mass vaccination sites would be opened across the island on Monday.

At the virtual launch of the drive on Wednesday, Deyalsingh said 75,000 doses of the vaccine arrived in TT on Tuesday and were being distributed, with some going to Tobago. He said they cost US$285,000. The expiration date is August 2023.

“The vaccines are a tri-valent vaccine, meaning they contain two strains of influenza A – H1N1, H3N2 – and one strain of influenza B.

"We are trying to vaccinate as many people as soon as possible, especially in the high-risk groups: health care workers, the pregnant population, the elderly over 65 years, children six months and over, immuno-suppressed people, and all those with non-communicable diseases – diabetes, hypertension, cancers, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, etc.”

He said vaccines will be available at 15 centres in the NCRHA, with a mass vaccination site at the Divali Nagar.

In the NWRHA, six health centres will have the vaccine, and the mass vaccination site will be the Paddock at the Queen’s Park Savannah.

The ERHA will have vaccines available at 17 health centres, and two mass vaccination sites will be set up at the Sangre Grande Civic centre and the Mayaro Sports Facility.

Vaccines will be available at seven health centres in the SWRHA and the mass vaccination site will be established at the Atrium, Gulf City Mall, La Romaine.

Deyalsingh said in addition to these venues, the RHAs will also be doing community outreach and informal pop-up vaccination drives.

CMO Dr Roshan Parasram said the vaccine would be given by intramuscular injection. He said it was inactive and could not cause infection. He said children six-35 months would receive 0.25 millilitres of the vaccine and those over that age would receive 0.5 millilitres.Common side effects would be pain/tenderness at the injection site, fatigue, headaches, and muscle aches.

He said the flu season usually runs from October to May the following year.

Over the past five years, the uptake of the vaccines has varied.

“In 2017-18, we would have given out 63,495 vaccines, in 2018-19, 90,051, in 2019-2020, 121,500, in 2020-2021, 74,887, and in the 2021-2022 flu season, 26,807.

"So we did see a slightly declining trend over the course of covid19. Our average for those five years is approximately 75,000, which is what we would have ordered this year, based on the five-year trend.”

Deyalsingh gave an update on the number of childhood vaccinations. He said polio was at 94 per cent, DPT3 was at 94 per cent, MMR1 was at 95 per cent, MMR2 was at 93 per cent, and yellow fever was at 91 per cent.

Parasram noted that this year there had been 564 cases of influenza for 2022, and three deaths. He said the flu season seemed to have started earlier, with cases being seen in September, which could be due to adaptation on the part of the virus after increased public health measures over the last two years. He said research was needed to determine the cause, and the ministry would be pushing UWI to look in that direction.

Parasram said 300-400 people were being tested daily for covid19, and once these were negative they were sent for testing for various strains of the flu.

He said people who used epi-pens or had a history of allergic reactions to vaccines should seek medical advice before taking the vaccine.

Deyalsingh noted that some of the measures taken for covid19 were also being used for the flu, including sanitising/hand washing, masking, and staying apart.

Consultant pulmonologist Dr Sana Mohammed said seasonal influenza is an acute respiratory virus. The main signs and symptoms are the sudden onset of fever, a dry cough, headaches, muscle or joint pains, malaise or feeling generally unwell, sore throat and runny nose.

“Most people recover from symptoms within a week without requiring medical attention, but influenza can cause severe illness and death, especially in people at high risk.

She said both influenza (the flu) and the common cold are contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses. The symptoms of flu are more intense and begin more abruptly.

“Influenza can cause a more rapid deterioration, and someone can go from slightly unwell to seriously ill, requiring hospitalisation, within a matter of 24 hours. Some cases of influenza can also lead to death.

"Patients with severe or progressive clinical illness associated with the virus, that is, those who get chest infections or pneumonias, those who have overwhelming infections (sepsis) or those who have any exacerbation of chronic underlying conditions, should seek medical attention immediately.”

She said there are several warning signs that things are getting worse, including a sudden high-grade fever not affected by medication; in children, seizures, faint feeling, non-responsiveness; and generally anyone with abdominal pain, diarrhoea, vomiting, and not able to tolerate foods, worsening respiratory symptoms, a productive cough and exacerbation of any underlying conditions.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 27th, 2022, 11:05 am

how long does the flu shots
immunity last?
i have had many in past and my understanding the next year is just an update

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » October 27th, 2022, 11:53 am

pugboy wrote:how long does the flu shots
immunity last?
i have had many in past and my understanding the next year is just an update

Two of the four prevalent viruses in the 2022-2023 vaccine batches were absent in the 2021-2022 vaccine batches.

The influenza risk profile is nearly identical to the risk profile from COVID. All of the data that I have seen say that an annual booster is of benefit to anyone over 6 months old.
---------------
Lemongrass tea, smoking weed and ivermectin are all you will ever need to stay healthy this flu season. Four of my family and half of my neighbors got fluvee and only the ones with the vax got sick. /s

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 3rd, 2022, 1:06 pm

this happening in T&T as well?

The Worst Pediatric-Care Crisis in Decades
An early, massive wave of RSV, flu, and other viral infections is slamming kids and overcrowding emergency departments.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/10/rise-of-rsv-flu-covid-infections-kids/671947/

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 3rd, 2022, 2:46 pm

NGL

this a Weird arse thread title and topic

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 4th, 2022, 4:13 pm

Persons who want to, or on advice from your doctor should take the 2022-2023 Flu vaccine.

https://health.gov.tt/2023-influenza-vaccination-schedule
Oct 31 to Nov 6th at the open locations listed.
And at all Health Centers no date limitations.

I got a shot this evening.

Irrelevant details: it's the 2022-2023 GC-501 Trivalent ([Influenza A] H1N1, [Influenza A] H3N2 and [Influenza B]) inactivated vaccine made by GC Biopharma.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 4th, 2022, 5:23 pm

maj. tom wrote:Persons who want to, or on advice from your doctor should take the 2022-2023 Flu vaccine.

https://health.gov.tt/2023-influenza-vaccination-schedule
Oct 31 to Nov 6th at the open locations listed.
And at all Health Centers no date limitations.

I got a shot this evening.

Irrelevant details: it's the 2022-2023 GC-501 Trivalent ([Influenza A] H1N1, [Influenza A] H3N2 and [Influenza B]) inactivated vaccine made by GC Biopharma.

gulf city have going straight up to nov 20th apparetly. 9am to 3pm tho

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 4th, 2022, 6:08 pm

^perhaps children especially vulnerable since they were not exposed for 2 yrs and especially seeing what going on in the US with pediatric hospitalizations way up and its only November :shock:

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 4th, 2022, 6:25 pm

redmanjp wrote:^perhaps children especially vulnerable since they were not exposed for 2 yrs and especially seeing what going on in the US with pediatric hospitalizations way up and its only November :shock:

yesterday i see a child walking around with a half-eaten sandwich in the primary school. he put it down jusso (no napkin nothing) on the sanitizer table, next to the public sync, which real dirty because nobody washing hands or sanitizing anymore. i see a next child come random so and pick u the other child sandwich and eat it normel normel

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 5th, 2022, 10:26 pm

Jamaica testing for RSV as child hospitalizations spike. It look like this thing could happen here soon as well. Start monitoring your young children if they get sick with any respiratory virus.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20221101/moh-probing-whether-rsv-driving-increased-hospital-admissions

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 7th, 2022, 10:17 am

hey guys i heard this is the fun guy thread so im just checking in haha

get it? Fun-gi? LMAOOOOOOOOO Im also a fun loving person so it was a play on words as well

hehe :lol: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 7th, 2022, 9:12 pm

hmm. FDA and other drug regulators largely funded by the ppl whose products they are approving? and this is not a major conflict of interest?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 7th, 2022, 9:21 pm

regulatory capture is a real thing

on the island regulatory capture is 100x worse. right now one of my phone have all the credit disappear because it 'expire.' i never know money does expire so fast. and a day pass unlimited reach $30. what kinda madness is that.

and my heart still not beating right. i donno if the virus cause it or if i find it because the pneumonia prompt the relevant investigations

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 7th, 2022, 9:29 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:hey guys i heard this is the fun guy thread so im just checking in haha

get it? Fun-gi? LMAOOOOOOOOO Im also a fun loving person so it was a play on words as well

hehe :lol: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

hahahhaa :drinking:

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » November 9th, 2022, 8:05 am

I love you, st7

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 11th, 2022, 10:26 am

SuperiorMan wrote:And if you want to go more modern, cholera is also caused by a bacterium Vibrio cholerae of which there have been 7 pandemics and which the current seventh pandemic has started in 1961 (which is after the discovery of antibiotics) and is still going on according to the WHO.

“Today we had a flood crisis, tomorrow we may have a health crisis as a result of all the vermin in the people’s homes, even with the overflowing cesspits, that is a serious health crisis. Even in the midst of all of this, the Government has been silent,” he said.
https://tt.loopnews.com/content/health- ... -prevented

Is cholera floating in Penal?! Is the next pandemic already here?! :D :deadhorse:

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » November 11th, 2022, 10:28 am

adnj wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:And if you want to go more modern, cholera is also caused by a bacterium Vibrio cholerae of which there have been 7 pandemics and which the current seventh pandemic has started in 1961 (which is after the discovery of antibiotics) and is still going on according to the WHO.

“Today we had a flood crisis, tomorrow we may have a health crisis as a result of all the vermin in the people’s homes, even with the overflowing cesspits, that is a serious health crisis. Even in the midst of all of this, the Government has been silent,” he said.
https://tt.loopnews.com/content/health- ... -prevented

Is cholera floating in Penal?! Is the next pandemic already here?! :D :deadhorse:

You should ask the WHO.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 11th, 2022, 10:38 am

^heard they were increasing cases of leptospirosis being admitted to hospital

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 11th, 2022, 11:16 am

redmanjp wrote:^heard they were increasing cases of leptospirosis being admitted to hospital

Oh, my. I guess there's no cure for that. Another dreaded bacterial infection. /s

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » November 11th, 2022, 11:22 am

The Pandemic the World Has Forgotten.

Very informative video for certain tuners.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 11th, 2022, 11:54 am

SuperiorMan wrote:

Oh, my. I guess there's no cure for that. Another dreaded Tuner in need of attention.
Maybe the world forgot about it because it's pretty much only in India and Africa.
Let me know when I travel to India or Africa so that I can worry about cholera and the plague. /s

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » November 11th, 2022, 11:56 am

adnj wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Oh, my. I guess there's no cure for that. Another dreaded Tuner in need of attention.
Let me know when I travel to India or Africa so that I can worry about cholera and the plague. /s

At the end of the day, it's a pandemic according to the WHO and it is caused by bacteria. Accept your ignorance and learn from it.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 17th, 2022, 6:14 pm

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 17th, 2022, 6:30 pm

apparently record number of parents missing work too

With the surge in infections, children's hospitals around the country have reported being at capacity or overwhelmed, as Ars has reported before. But another effect of the crush of viruses is a squeeze on the workforce. As The Washington Post first reported Tuesday, the US broke its record last month for people missing work due to childcare problems—such as having children home sick and childcare facilities or schools shuttered due to staffing shortages and sickness.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/11 ... e-in-kids/

anecdotally, it seems we settled down on the island now. earlier in the term almost every school-child household was sick, now it seems like everybody healthy cept for a slight cough.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 17th, 2022, 6:36 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
yesterday i see a child walking around with a half-eaten sandwich in the primary school. he put it down jusso (no napkin nothing) on the sanitizer table, next to the public sync, which real dirty because nobody washing hands or sanitizing anymore. i see a next child come random so and pick u the other child sandwich and eat it normel normel

Yeh boi paid thas rel unhygienic behavior and they need guidance.

Thas like when Skanky said he ok with playing in the drain and going straight to the dinner table without washing hands. I mean really? Thas why when you go home by some people the whole family vamping and the air and their furniture smelling like perspiration.

I tell you it have adults there who nasty just like the children which sets a poor example.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 17th, 2022, 7:20 pm

paid_influencer wrote:apparently record number of parents missing work too

With the surge in infections, children's hospitals around the country have reported being at capacity or overwhelmed, as Ars has reported before. But another effect of the crush of viruses is a squeeze on the workforce. As The Washington Post first reported Tuesday, the US broke its record last month for people missing work due to childcare problems—such as having children home sick and childcare facilities or schools shuttered due to staffing shortages and sickness.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/11 ... e-in-kids/

anecdotally, it seems we settled down on the island now. earlier in the term almost every school-child household was sick, now it seems like everybody healthy cept for a slight cough.

for now - just wait till plane loads of infected ppl start arriving in piarco during the next few weeks bringing more infection here, and causing more hospitalizations too

Deadric
Street 2NR

Postby Deadric » December 6th, 2022, 9:18 am

Fun little resource for any of you with some time to kill:

https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789240060241

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”