Forums

WTK - IC / Electronics Parts

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Erkz
Street 2NR

WTK - IC / Electronics Parts

Postby Erkz » August 10th, 2022, 10:18 pm

So Tuners, weird question because I've exhausted all other outlets and I know there are smart peeps here.

I'm currently looking for either one of these IC chips:
STR-A6052M
A6052M

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these locally or does anyone have one of these IC chips that I can buy off of them?

It looks like this:

It's an 8DIP IC with pin 6 blank (So I guess it's 7DIP, lol) and is an offline PWM flyback circuit. Data below, second line.

I have tried most of the electronics stores I know and even some I don't.

Any help AT ALL would be very appreciated. And thanks for taking the time to read this long winded post.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Re: WTK - IC / Electronics Parts

Postby matix » August 10th, 2022, 10:40 pm

Erkz wrote:So Tuners, weird question because I've exhausted all other outlets and I know there are smart peeps here.

STR-A6052M
A6052M

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these locally or does anyone have one of these IC chips that I can buy off of them?

It looks like this:

It's an 8DIP IC with pin 6 blank (So I guess it's 7DIP, lol) and is an offline PWM flyback circuit. Data below, second line.

Any help AT ALL would be very appreciated. And thanks for taking the time to read this long winded post.

What equipment is it for or came from?

Erkz
Street 2NR

Postby Erkz » August 10th, 2022, 10:57 pm

matix wrote:
Erkz wrote:So Tuners, weird question because I've exhausted all other outlets and I know there are smart peeps here.

STR-A6052M
A6052M

It looks like this:

What equipment is it for or came from?

Hey Matix, thanks for the response. It came from a fridge circuit board.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » August 10th, 2022, 11:50 pm

If you can, give me model and make of fridge

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 10th, 2022, 11:51 pm

yeah don't waste your time looking for this chip from any store local, you will get better luck with wasa fixing a trench properly. You shudda ask this q long time ago i cudda tell u don't waste your time like that.

Either buy it online and eat the total cost for buying just one chip, or start scavenging local. You could probably get the entire board from somebody old fridge in some old junk repair place with plenty old fridge and ac units. Some LG aircon boards have a chip TNY277PN @23W/230V labeled IC01D which more less does the same thing as STR-A6052M @22W/230V, but unfortunately the pins are not in the same signal arrangement and won't match the corresponding pads on your board's design.

You may specifically find the chip if you dig in appliances of the same brand name of your refrigerator:
* Battery chargers for cell phones, digital cameras, video cameras, shavers, emergency lights
* Stand-by power for LCD TVs, desktop PCs, LED Printers, audio equipment
* Small switched-mode power supplies for inkjet printers, DVD/CD players, set-top boxes
* Auxiliary power supplies for A/C, refrigerators, washers, dish washers, and other white goods

Erkz
Street 2NR

Postby Erkz » August 11th, 2022, 5:50 pm

matix wrote:If you can, give me model and make of fridge

Daewoo FN-651NW

maj. tom wrote:yeah don't waste your time looking for this chip from any store local, you will get better luck with wasa fixing a trench properly. You shudda ask this q long time ago i cudda tell u don't waste your time like that.

Either buy it online and eat the total cost for buying just one chip, or start scavenging local. You could probably get the entire board from somebody old fridge in some old junk repair place with plenty old fridge and ac units. Some LG aircon boards have a chip TNY277PN @23W/230V labeled IC01D which more less does the same thing as STR-A6052M @22W/230V, but unfortunately the pins are not in the same signal arrangement and won't match the corresponding pads on your board's design.

You may specifically find the chip if you dig in appliances of the same brand name of your refrigerator:
* Battery chargers for cell phones, digital cameras, video cameras, shavers, emergency lights
* Stand-by power for LCD TVs, desktop PCs, LED Printers, audio equipment
* Small switched-mode power supplies for inkjet printers, DVD/CD players, set-top boxes
* Auxiliary power supplies for A/C, refrigerators, washers, dish washers, and other white goods

LOL, oof. I was hoping if there was one fridge, there was at least ten. If I could scrap a board or get an equivalent part that'd be great too. The TNY277PN seems promising and seems like it'd do the same thing, I'd just have to bodge some wires because of the pinout. Guess I'm gonna have to go scrap hunting, lol. I could buy it online, it's only like 5 USD for 50 of the damn things, but the shipping time is straight up a year for this damn part, LMAO. Thanks for the in-depth answer. Appreciated.

Erkz
Street 2NR

Postby Erkz » August 11th, 2022, 6:06 pm

Also I guess this is an open invitation - if anyone has a Daewoo fridge/AC/etc and want to scrap/get rid of it, let me know, haha.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 11th, 2022, 6:36 pm

You check Luxsam by chance?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » August 11th, 2022, 6:39 pm

Do you shop on Ebay OP?

Plenty available and quick shipping too....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272584120612?h ... X&LH_BIN=1

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 11th, 2022, 7:06 pm

locally it is hard for electronics places to bother stocking the wide range of parts used nowadays and sales are far and few since not many persons fix at board level anymore.
Was much more common with non IC circuitry.

Erkz
Street 2NR

Postby Erkz » August 13th, 2022, 12:59 pm

timelapse wrote:You check Luxsam by chance?

Who?

Gladiator wrote:Do you shop on Ebay OP?

Plenty available and quick shipping too....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272584120612?h ... X&LH_BIN=1

Man I literally... did not find this listing lmao. I checked and found others but they were like 60+ days shipping. Will check this out, thanks.

pugboy wrote:locally it is hard for electronics places to bother stocking the wide range of parts used nowadays and sales are far and few since not many persons fix at board level anymore.
Was much more common with non IC circuitry.

A dying art, yeah. Planned obsolescence culture is a menace. :(

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”