Forums

Sept 26 : Budget Day 2022

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Sept 26 : Budget Day 2022

Postby hover11 » September 30th, 2022, 8:52 pm

1997 the man pulled a statement and saw inaccuracies, you mean to tell me his next visit was 2015.....come na man , the onus is on you to ensure everything is up to date concerning your payments, people wait until near retirement to ensure their business fixed and they trust everything is up to mark then in their old age have to be running up and down to ensure everything is updated

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » September 30th, 2022, 9:00 pm

i get that, but it seems the system working against the elderly

ELDERLY MAN: NIB 'ROBBED' ME OF CONTRIBUTIONS

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » September 30th, 2022, 9:35 pm

By 2025 , election goodies will flow and PNM supporters will all forget about their last 10 years . All this talk of out of touch and being mute is just talk.

PNM 2025

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » September 30th, 2022, 9:58 pm

Kickstart wrote:By 2025 , election goodies will flow and PNM supporters will all forget about their last 10 years . All this talk of out of touch and being mute is just talk.

PNM 2025

Forget? Election tomorrow and people still voting PNM.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 30th, 2022, 10:05 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:
Kickstart wrote:By 2025 , election goodies will flow and PNM supporters will all forget about their last 10 years . All this talk of out of touch and being mute is just talk.

PNM 2025

Forget? Election tomorrow and people still voting PNM.
Cuz they big and they dotish

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » October 1st, 2022, 3:41 am

Kamla's plan if UNC returns to government: Oil and sugar

SEAN DOUGLAS 5 HRS AGO[https://newsday]Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar gives her response to the 2022/2023 budget on Friday in the House of Representatives. -Photo by Angelo Marcelle

OPPOSITION Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar is promising to restart the mothballed Petrotrin oil refinery and create a new sugar manufacturing industry.

She made these the cornerstone of a UNC government's economic recovery plan as she responded to the budget in the House of Representatives on Friday.

Accusing the PNM Government of dubious figures and a budget that was a "charade and sham" that failed country and citizens, she said the budget brought no hope or plan to grow the economy.

She voiced support for GATE access, VAT refunds, procurement reform, job creation, food production and fuel security, and expressed opposition to the impending property tax and the Revenue Authority.

Persad-Bissessar said the Prime Minister's call to "stay the course" would take TT straight to disaster. She promised a UNC government would steer the country into calm waters.

She offered five pillars to restore the economy, including reopening the refinery to regain energy security.

"We believe Government must re-examine its plan and we are proposing to restart a reformed Pointe-a-Pierre oil refinery.

"By re-opening Petrotrin, we will have greater fuel security, save foreign exchange, provide meaningful jobs and ensure the company continues to contribute to the Treasury," the Siparia MP said.

She also proposed a solar energy park at Tamana and recycling parks in north Trinidad.

'My plans are...'

"We believe there must be a jump-start to our agriculture sector by leasing 25,000 acres of former Caroni lands to create agricultural parks, while spending at least ten per cent of the PSIP (public sector investment programme) to develop agricultural access roads, irrigation and drainage for agricultural parks.

"We will also incentivise the private sector to establish an agro-processing plant in Couva," she said.

Persad-Bissessar proposed funds for food security, infrastructure and climate.

Earlier in her response, she said the budget's tax break was too small "for a worker to buy even a doubles." She proposed to ease the tax burden on citizens and businesses post-covid19.

"We will simplify the personal and corporate income tax regime, simplify the VAT regime," she said, "remove more basic food items from the VAT net, and improve the efficiency of the tax-collection system by strengthening the Board of Inland Revenue, the VAT office and Customs and Excise."

Persad-Bissessar said the UNC’s master plan aims to create 50,000 new jobs.

"We have identified several prosperity engines to create new jobs, transform our economy and create more revenue."

She promised a sugar cane growing and refining industry via a Brechin Castle agro-processing complex and sugar manufacturing facility.

New tech for TT

Regarding new technologies, Persad-Bissessar proposed an east-west biotechnology manufacturing corridor, Sevilla digital innovation park, and Tamana Solartech renewable energy plant.

Port of Spain will get a port revitalisation, creative arts area and steelpan manufacturing facility.

She mooted Tobago as a duty-free shopping zone, including a Plymouth cruise ship complex/marina.

Persad-Bissessar proposed a Piarco aircraft maintenance hub, Cedros/Moruga economic zone, and Point Galeota energy logistics hub.

These prosperity engines will mobilise the private sector, she said, with large multiplier effects to kickstart recovery.

She promised to lead a caring and hard-working government.

"We cannot go on this way. Our country and our people deserve better." To boost healthcare, she vowed longer clinic hours, a patients' charter and a relaunched Children's Life Fund.

She said a UNC government would enact procurement reform. The property tax should be withdrawn, she said. Persad-Bissessar warned against the national statistical institute board being politically appointed if replacing the Central Statistical Office, and the TT revenue authority would lack the independence of the Board of Inland Revenue.

Incompetent government

Despite its being in office for seven years, Persad-Bissessar damned the Government as being manned by clearly "incompetent and unqualified people."

Listing rises in a basket of food items, she warned of more rises of one to three per cent because of the increase in fuel prices announced on Monday by Finance Minister Colm Imbert, even in the stark reality of a sharp fall in people's standard of living.

The one-off $1,000 fuel grant to those on social grants would fill a car's fuel tank – at the most – thrice, she scoffed.

Persad-Bissessar alleged a 68 per cent drop in GATE enrolment and lamented a deafening silence on promises to regularise nurses' job status. The Government, she claimed, has created no new meaningful jobs, and relies heavily on borrowings.

Persad-Bissessar marvelled that Imbert had boldly and publicly admitted to exceeding government's overdraft limit. She alleged he had borrowed $7 billion which he did not state in his budget speech on Monday – and planned to borrowed $8 billion more.

Persad-Bissessar asked Imbert to state the size of the Heritage and Stabilisation Fund (HSF).

She said the budget's incentives would not work – for energy exploration, hiring apprentices (amid a halving of OJT enrollees) and getting smaller companies into renewable energy ventures.

Budget documents, she said, revealed the Government envisaged netting $40 billion in taxation revenue. She scoffed that troubled TSTT was the government's strategic partner in digitisation.

Persad-Bissessar challenged Imbert's GDP figures.

Saying oil hit US$83 on Friday, she asked if he had deliberately set the budget at an unrealistic US$90 to avoid payments into the HSF.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » October 1st, 2022, 5:38 am

eliteauto wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
eliteauto wrote:If allyuh feel the only measure of a positive (economic/social) contribution to the country and society is a job allyuh woefully misguided
Volunteer work?

No bro, there are a lot of persons who make both social and economic contributions to the country that fall outside the traditional taxable brackets, those persons who do daycare and babysitting in communities, farmers, vendors, taxi drivers, in fact most self-employed micro businesses. There is no framework (except for domestic workers) for those persons to pay NIS even if they wanted to, their net earnings may not exceed the income tax allowance. So whilst I agree that people in that group should make preparations for their retirement, to say that they are underserving of the social assistance grant aka old age pension on the basis of non-contribution is simply youthful arrogance speaking under the guise of pragmatism

Well said

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Sept 26 : Budget Day 2022

Postby MaxPower » October 1st, 2022, 5:55 am

I don’t want to hear anything from Kamla.

Bashing the PNM and whilst she may have a point, she did the very same.

Note she said nothing about the crime situation and most of these things she rara-in about should have been done when she was in power.

Talking a pack of ass as usual trying to fool the citizens yet again.

She needs to step down and she does NOT have my vote. Come better than that.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 1st, 2022, 6:21 am

MaxPower wrote:I don’t want to hear anything from Kamla.

Bashing the PNM and whilst she may have a point, she did the very same.

Note she said nothing about the crime situation and most of these things she rara-in about should have been done when she was in power.

Talking a pack of ass as usual trying to fool the citizens yet again.

She needs to step down and she does NOT have my vote. Come better than that.
Max,

Kamla called an SOE when she realized crime was spiraling out of control for the authorities. Many would question that move, however, at least she did SOMETHING compared to the present administration who have their heads in the sands hoping this crime wave will dissipate on it's own. Under kamla, public servants were given 15 percent salary increases, she settled all outstanding wage negotiations that Manning left in limbo. What has Rowley done about salary negotiations other than command 4 percent ,that's not a negotiation. The rise in minimum wage came from kamla, what has Rowley done? The most HDC houses given was by Kamla what has Rowley done? The Children hospital that they used for covid, which was the saving grace to monitor covid Patients came from Kamla.My last back pay in 2013 come from Kamla and she band of thieves,the last daily rate increase was under Kamla administration & she band of thieves.I'm gonna give credit where its due.

What has Rowley and his honest band of thieves done, his tone deaf ministers that don't have a clue what the man on the ground goes through on a daily basis done in their SEVEN years in power? I refuse to reward bad performance so PNM could NEVER get my vote.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » October 1st, 2022, 11:35 am

MaxPower wrote:most of these things she rara-in about should have been done when she was in power.

What bag ah ass you talking. How long the PNM in power, but you want kamla to fix all the ills in her 5 years?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 1st, 2022, 11:37 am

Fact : PNM has been in leadership for the majority of Trinidad's independence. UNC only had two terms. Who really create the problems that we facing today.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 1st, 2022, 1:56 pm

If the PNM can get the refinery started before election, they'll topple her strategy of trying to pull former industry people and their families.

most Sugar industry people already voting for her, so that not gonna lure new vote.

2025 is still a couple years away, so the chessboard open.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 1st, 2022, 4:47 pm

rollingstock wrote:
MaxPower wrote:most of these things she rara-in about should have been done when she was in power.

What bag ah ass you talking. How long the PNM in power, but you want kamla to fix all the ills in her 5 years?
Max is literally a bag of sheit...

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 1st, 2022, 6:06 pm

PNM 2025
Screenshot_20221001_180620.jpg

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 1st, 2022, 6:16 pm

hover11 wrote:Fact : PNM has been in leadership for the majority of Trinidad's independence. UNC only had two terms. Who really create the problems that we facing today.

for the record, UNC only had one term in office.

the PP was a coalition government, not a UNC government

Kamla has never won an election on her own.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 1st, 2022, 6:22 pm

rollingstock wrote:

Yes,

That’s correct.

She made me change my vote to PNM because of HER incompetency.

So YES, fix it in 5 years. If you cut out the corruption and the excuses you can more than do it.

Talk to me about performers like my MP in Point Fortin.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 1st, 2022, 6:28 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
hover11 wrote:Fact : PNM has been in leadership for the majority of Trinidad's independence. UNC only had two terms. Who really create the problems that we facing today.

for the record, UNC only had one term in office.

the PP was a coalition government, not a UNC government

Kamla has never won an election on her own.
Worse yet ,UNC had their one term in office , yet all the blame lies with them. Let's face it PNM has mismanaged this economy, that one time UNC was in power was under Panday's stewardship and he managed this economy when the cost of a barrel of oil was a mere $9.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 1st, 2022, 6:33 pm

MaxPower wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

Yes,

That’s correct.

She made me change my vote to PNM because of HER incompetency.

So YES, fix it in 5 years. If you cut out the corruption and the excuses you can more than do it.

Talk to me about performers like my MP in Point Fortin.
Max,

Your party card is showing , on one hand you lambaste kamla regarding her incompetence yet on the other hand you give Rowley a free pass. How? If you looking at the situation objectively then PNM doesn't deserve your vote either because to be honest PNM deserve an F for their leadership

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 1st, 2022, 6:51 pm

Jason,

You should be thanking the PNM for saving your life in this pandemic.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » October 3rd, 2022, 8:54 am

Ah buy mih coalpot, ah tief mih neighbor bicycle, ah buy two bison to pull cart and ah have mih Kerosene lamp.
Yes, we going back to basics: "Trinidad Rio"
PNM ah love you; 1960's here we come. Forward Never, backward forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-30DICJ6FY

This will be interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy3PjosWP3o

rexsmith
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rexsmith » October 3rd, 2022, 9:14 am

Someone mention 10% increase in electricity and water but I not seeing anything of this in the budget. is this fake?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 3rd, 2022, 9:23 am

rexsmith wrote:Someone mention 10% increase in electricity and water but I not seeing anything of this in the budget. is this fake?

Because its not there

matr1x

Postby matr1x » October 3rd, 2022, 9:55 am

Any increase in alcohol?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 4th, 2022, 5:55 pm

Could this be true? It wouldn't be the first time , imbert skewed figures tbh. One minute he says the economy is thriving and booming yet austerity measures says otherwise.
FB_IMG_1664920408314.jpg

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » October 4th, 2022, 6:23 pm

hover11 wrote:Could this be true? It wouldn't be the first time , imbert skewed figures tbh. One minute he says the economy is thriving and booming yet austerity measures says otherwise.
FB_IMG_1664920408314.jpg

Link to article ? Sunshine is built for ppl who only read headlines but I’d like to read it

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 4th, 2022, 6:24 pm

forgot to carry the 1?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » October 4th, 2022, 6:29 pm

j.o.e wrote:
hover11 wrote:Could this be true? It wouldn't be the first time , imbert skewed figures tbh. One minute he says the economy is thriving and booming yet austerity measures says otherwise.
310516938_951384995781805_5694586184820155758_n.jpg

Link to article ? Sunshine is built for ppl who only read headlines but I’d like to read it
Here you go
310516938_951384995781805_5694586184820155758_n.jpg

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 4th, 2022, 8:24 pm

express story on how fair n square put out ads on coal pots & bicycles yes ... :lol:

https://trinidadexpress.com/business/lo ... EPLpLjKHAw
Coal pot ad goes viral

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 4th, 2022, 8:32 pm

the riots tomorrow is budget riots?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » October 4th, 2022, 8:36 pm

Rovin wrote:express story on how fair n square put out ads on coal pots & bicycles yes ... :lol:

https://trinidadexpress.com/business/lo ... EPLpLjKHAw
Coal pot ad goes viral

Coal pots and bicycles is the rel thing even before the budget. Fair and Square are geniuses for doing this though.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”