Forums

Standstill POS traffic

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Standstill POS traffic

Postby redmanjp » September 7th, 2022, 2:54 pm

Standstill traffic in POS. Came into POS 2PM. Had to go St. Vincent St. Almost an hour later still on St. Vincent St.

No idea what going on.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Standstill POS traffic

Postby pugboy » September 7th, 2022, 3:04 pm

high tide with the rain fall results in you guessed it = flash flooding

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 7th, 2022, 3:11 pm

pugboy wrote:high tide with the rain fall results in you guessed it = flash flooding

where ? South Quay?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 7th, 2022, 3:25 pm

yes and cocorite bad, powergen did not much for some reason today

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 7th, 2022, 3:28 pm

move along nothing to see here

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 7th, 2022, 3:37 pm

The lagoon move

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 7th, 2022, 3:47 pm

Flooding in the west would gridlock POS.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » September 7th, 2022, 3:48 pm

Just stay in town until 2AM, no traffic headaches. Problem solved.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 7th, 2022, 5:40 pm

Hopefully they can emphathize with what the rest of the country goes through.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 9th, 2022, 2:49 pm

wing wrote:Hopefully they can emphathize with what the rest of the country goes through.

Yeah like how dey "empathize" after this happened in October 2019? :roll:
Impsy Flood.jpg
"

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 12th, 2022, 11:56 am

De Dragon wrote:
wing wrote:Hopefully they can emphathize with what the rest of the country goes through.

Yeah like how dey "empathize" after this happened in October 2019? :roll:
Impsy Flood.jpg"

i still wish to this day he MC woulda drown when crossing

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 12th, 2022, 12:04 pm

Today's ceremonial reopening of parliament caused a stink pileup all round the country.

Up to nearly 10AM, NB traffic was still stretched to Claxton Bay

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » September 12th, 2022, 12:22 pm

I thought we were celebrating Gridlock Day again.
But then again when you examined the traffic, people had 2-3 car lengths between them, as well as blocking the intersection knowing full well they adding to congestion.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 12th, 2022, 12:24 pm

Opening of parliament cause that?? How?? I thought was the accident by courts start the backup

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 12th, 2022, 12:31 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Opening of parliament cause that?? How?? I thought was the accident by courts start the backup

2 for 1 party then

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 12th, 2022, 1:04 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Opening of parliament cause that?? How?? I thought was the accident by courts start the backup

dat probably cause it. but in POS it was parliament.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 13th, 2022, 8:16 am

One of my friends: Some people spent TWO YEARS proving they can work from home more efficiently and productively than in the office. And at the drop of a hat.. let's all waste 4-5 hours of our lives sitting in traffic. All to support downtown businesses. Stupid Stupid Stupid people.

Me: Yup. I haven't bought anything in pos-POS in over 2 years (even when I'm there).

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 13th, 2022, 8:49 am

FrankChag wrote:One of my friends: Some people spent TWO YEARS proving they can work from home more efficiently and productively than in the office. And at the drop of a hat.. let's all waste 4-5 hours of our lives sitting in traffic. All to support downtown businesses. Stupid Stupid Stupid people.

Me: Yup. I haven't bought anything in pos-POS in over 2 years (even when I'm there).
What was the point of remote work during the pandemic if we back to the same ole same ole

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 13th, 2022, 9:19 am

hover11 wrote:
FrankChag wrote:One of my friends: Some people spent TWO YEARS proving they can work from home more efficiently and productively than in the office. And at the drop of a hat.. let's all waste 4-5 hours of our lives sitting in traffic. All to support downtown businesses. Stupid Stupid Stupid people.

What was the point of remote work during the pandemic if we back to the same ole same ole

Do you have the type of background that would better lend itself to work-from-home so that it would be easier for you to appreciate the response?

Most Popular Jobs You Can Do From Home:
Web Developer.
Medical Coder.
Territory Sales Manager.
Nurse.
Data Analyst.
Editor.
Case Manager.
UX/UI Designer.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 13th, 2022, 9:36 am

adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Do you have the type of background that would better lend itself to work-from-home so that it would be easier for you to appreciate the response?

Web Developer.
Medical Coder.
Territory Sales Manager.
Nurse.
Data Analyst.
Editor.
Case Manager.
UX/UI Designer.
Garbage, once a proper system is put into place almost any job can be done remotely.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 13th, 2022, 9:41 am

hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Web Developer.
Medical Coder.
Territory Sales Manager.
Nurse.
Data Analyst.
Editor.
Case Manager.
UX/UI Designer.
Garbage, once a proper system is put into place almost any job can be done remotely.

How is a front facing Public Servant expected to work from home?
A Cashier for example

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 13th, 2022, 9:48 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Web Developer.
Medical Coder.
Territory Sales Manager.
Nurse.
Data Analyst.
Editor.
Case Manager.
UX/UI Designer.

A Cashier for example
As I said almost any job, the back staff don't need to be physically present though, remember we trying to lessen the number of people having to come into PoS all at once during the mornings because what we experiencing everyday is ridiculous. Most government services should have the offer to be made online we going into the year of our lord 2023 and we still moving like 1962, cashiers can use a system home to verify those payments.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 13th, 2022, 10:28 am

If they allow payments to be made at nlcb offices nationwide as they are doing for many services...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 13th, 2022, 10:40 am

depends on where the ppl making the decisions live- if they working POS and living in the west they only 20 mins away- they eh know the daily struggle of ppl who also work POS but live east beyond where it still have traffic lights on the highway, or down south.

btw, those macoya and uwi lights- why is it that 3 out of 4 times u getting a red light while on the CRH? doesn't the highway have priority? is this rocket science? it takes me 30-40 mins just to get from trincity lights to past uwi lights on a morning. and i leave home like 8 or after.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 13th, 2022, 10:50 am

redmanjp wrote:

depends on where the ppl making the decisions live- if they working POS and living in the west they only 20 mins away- they eh know the daily struggle of ppl who also work POS but live east beyond where it still have traffic lights on the highway, or down south.

btw, those macoya and uwi lights- why is it that 3 out of 4 times u getting a red light while on the CRH? doesn't the highway have priority? is this rocket science? it takes me 30-40 mins just to get from trincity lights to past uwi lights on a morning. and i leave home like 8 or after.
It depends solely on productivity.

If the company must close down completely due to unavoidable circumstances, then work from home may be a better solution.

If a position requires customer or coworker interface, or requires close supervision of work product, productivity will typically decline when away from a facility. Work from home creates added management overhead to define, delegate and collect work product from the remote workers. You also lose the productivity gains that are associated with colocation of working teams.

The worldwide standard for acceptable commute time is 30 to 35 minutes. If a person's commute is longer than acceptable, that is the responsibility of the worker to change jobs or homes.
Last edited by adnj on September 13th, 2022, 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 13th, 2022, 10:50 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:If they allow payments to be made at nlcb offices nationwide as they are doing for many services...
I would support this

Like ttpost payments are only at some of them.. And it only have two places below grand bazzar... Chaguanas and LA Romain..

Kinda genius. Will ease up traffic all over.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 13th, 2022, 10:56 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Web Developer.
Medical Coder.
Territory Sales Manager.
Nurse.
Data Analyst.
Editor.
Case Manager.
UX/UI Designer.

A Cashier for example

lol you think public servants would be productive to work from home? i mean we all see how productive they are during the day at the office always on trinituner.

if you can spend so much time on yuh phone, then govt really need to cut staff there oui

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 13th, 2022, 10:58 am

redmanjp wrote:

Macoya, Pasea and UWI lights have to facilitate a sheit load of west to north traffic for the multitude of schools in the El Dorado/Tunapuna/St Augustine region. Count it - theres over 30 something primary and secondary schools and UWI within those three lights.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 13th, 2022, 10:59 am

hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Web Developer.
Medical Coder.
Territory Sales Manager.
Nurse.
Data Analyst.
Editor.
Case Manager.
UX/UI Designer.

A Cashier for example
As I said almost any job, the back staff don't need to be physically present though, remember we trying to lessen the number of people having to come into PoS all at once during the mornings because what we experiencing everyday is ridiculous. Most government services should have the offer to be made online we going into the year of our lord 2023 and we still moving like 1962, cashiers can use a system home to verify those payments.

this is how u know how dumb this man is... lolll

why need cashiers when there is the e-commerce aspect? cut all these extra staff who do nothing all day at the public service offices

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 13th, 2022, 11:04 am

st7 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
hover11 wrote:
adnj wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Web Developer.
Medical Coder.
Territory Sales Manager.
Nurse.
Data Analyst.
Editor.
Case Manager.
UX/UI Designer.

A Cashier for example

this is how u know how dumb this man is... lolll

why need cashiers when there is the e-commerce aspect? cut all these extra staff who do nothing all day at the public service offices
Idiot, you still need to stafff to oversee the payments are going through and if the customers need assistance to make their payments if they are facing difficulties. Not everything you hadda put your mouth in .....Anyway, the US has staggered working hours and it works well, why everything in this country hadda open 8 and close 4 or 5....let some come for 6 to 9. It will lessen congestion as well. Is more vehicles coming on the road and it will only get worse. Spending 4 hours a day in traffic makes no sense.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”