Forums

Standstill POS traffic

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Standstill POS traffic

Postby abducted » September 14th, 2022, 11:36 am

Rovin wrote:rapid rail for what to sink d country into further billion $ debt for decades & for more millions\bobol to keep maintaining it every year ? , what about all d hundreds of maxis & taxis - to hell was with them ?

why everybody hadda leave all over d country to go POS to access govt services , is decades they talking about decentralizing but never actually doing it

d amt of billions stolen\squandered from d treasury by politicans & their frens throughout d decades we cud have had 3-4 lanes of highways coming\going all over d country & all d best roads but nobody does study dat ...

Decentralizing will not happen, unless Al Wari has property in South and Central,

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 11:42 am

abducted wrote:
Rovin wrote:rapid rail for what to sink d country into further billion $ debt for decades & for more millions\bobol to keep maintaining it every year ? , what about all d hundreds of maxis & taxis - to hell was with them ?

why everybody hadda leave all over d country to go POS to access govt services , is decades they talking about decentralizing but never actually doing it

d amt of billions stolen\squandered from d treasury by politicans & their frens throughout d decades we cud have had 3-4 lanes of highways coming\going all over d country & all d best roads but nobody does study dat ...

Decentralizing will not happen, unless Al Wari has property in South and Central,
Or unless the IMF says to stop that contract at any cost as it makes no fiscal sense

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 14th, 2022, 12:49 pm

teems1 wrote:
hover11 wrote:

What alternative do we have?

FACTS: Arsewari needs his rentals to be filled that's not gonna stop unless the IMF comes in play.

DOMA will not allow decentralization of ministries. When businessmen speak , politicians listen.

Most vehicles heading into POS only have one occupant during rush hour periods.

They built these highways with no foresight or vision the engineers before did not expect the boom that occurred where we have cars selling like hot bread.

Even if you have an "efficient" running public transport be it buses or rapid rail, it will fail.

It would be deemed unsafe and too risky by a large portion of the population, and would continue to utilize their cars.

Fix the crime problem, then everything else will slot into place.

this shouldnt even be discussed any further. Trinidad does not have the culture to maintain a system like this.

crime and trini mentality always gonna ruin a good thing.

what hover wants happen is to add another problem to fix current problems -- govt sufferer for you.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 14th, 2022, 12:51 pm

Because of covid and safety, unless it's a family household, you ride in your own car

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 14th, 2022, 1:08 pm

If they do a proper proper public transport system...and tax or toll persons who still want to drive their personal vehicles (persons with medical problems/disabilities would be exempt)
H cars who profitting from using the roads have certain exemptions.....

It can be done .

I eh like that rapid rail idea...but a proper bus system would be much much easier to get on track.

Move the zoo and jail out of pos.
Move big government offices out of pos.

But think of all the repercussions these things would have.

Persons who have their businesses and jobs in pos will suffer. And I not talking about the millionaires. I talking about shop owners and food places. Their minimum wage staff will all suffer .

So I genuinely have no good idea on what to do...because decentralization had pros and cons.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 14th, 2022, 1:15 pm

I have always wondered, what level of delay do our pothole infested roads impact our traffic woes?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 14th, 2022, 1:29 pm

The only thing that could probably help without too much repercussions is the staggering of working hours and allowing persons to work from home or at off site locations.

I sure most of them ministry workers don't need to be in POS.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 14th, 2022, 1:45 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:The only thing that could probably help without too much repercussions is the staggering of working hours and allowing persons to work from home or at off site locations.

I sure most of them ministry workers don't need to be in POS.

According to several sources Ministry workers don't even need to be in Ministries.
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/20b-a-y ... 1b48442c5c
90,000 Public servants excluding State enterprises and statutory bodies is a lot of ppl. That's almost 16% of persons employed in TT.

I feel any rationalization of PS jobs to determine which are suitable for work for home will also make a lot of jobs redundant.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 14th, 2022, 3:09 pm

matr1x wrote:I have always wondered, what level of delay do our pothole infested roads impact our traffic woes?
Significant, humps as well

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 14th, 2022, 3:14 pm

pugboy wrote:2-3:30 school traffic in POS is the worst
It's also fickle, yesterday around this time there was traffic out of Maraval going onto the Savanna, today I'm sitting in the gallery watching the traffic into Maraval extend all the way back onto the Savanna close to Stollmeyers castle while exiting is clear.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 14th, 2022, 3:24 pm

eliteauto wrote:
pugboy wrote:2-3:30 school traffic in POS is the worst
It's also fickle, yesterday around this time there was traffic out of Maraval going onto the Savanna, today I'm sitting in the gallery watching the traffic into Maraval extend all the way back onto the Savanna close to Stollmeyers castle while exiting is clear.

hear na
i does hadda pick up my nephew from Pres Chag on evenings

if i we dont leave PCC by 2:33 (2:35 is too late) then its a 35-45 mins traffic to reach back on the highway to go south direction

once we leave by 2:33.....its 10-15 mins to hit the highway

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 3:41 pm

Phillip pretty much summed it up...Rowley doesnt experience traffic unless we the ppl demand that they do then how could he know what we going through.
Screenshot_20220914_154042.jpg

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 10:16 pm

This is why impsbert wants to cap the fuel subsidy...
FB_IMG_1663208147962.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 14th, 2022, 10:24 pm

Jump high, jump low, biggest problem is management of public transportation and people can't drive, merge or stay left.

Same ptsc that can't run efficient ran first world a time someone was shot or stabbed I think.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 14th, 2022, 10:25 pm

Oh, and I forgot the cutting in when they go over ramps by flyovers as a shortcut and the turnoff by Brentwood there.

Cut in hit an all time low. As pioneer would say it's sufferers get cars.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 14th, 2022, 10:32 pm

nervewrecker wrote:Jump high, jump low, biggest problem is management of public transportation and people can't drive, merge or stay left.

Same ptsc that can't run efficient ran first world a time someone was shot or stabbed I think.

The rapid rail is a solution, but I'd be afraid to travel by a rapid rail here in Trinidad, unless the maintenance is handled by the Germans or Japanese something. I wonder if MOWT has considered bringing back trams, maybe even on the PBR for short drops along with vehicular traffic. That way, you can gradually ease off maxis, maybe in 5 yrs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tram
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coast_Tram_(Belgium)

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 10:35 pm

Question, if everything remains the same how would 5 more years of vehicles add on the road look....

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 14th, 2022, 10:48 pm

hover11 wrote:Question, if everything remains the same how would 5 more years of vehicles add on the road look....

In my last 5yrs in Trinidad, I'd say either nothing changes, or they get worse.

Instead, I'd ask why was the Rapid rail Project scrapped, twice.
Maybe because, "rails means less (car) sales"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_Rapid_Railway

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 14th, 2022, 10:50 pm

FrankChag wrote:
hover11 wrote:Question, if everything remains the same how would 5 more years of vehicles add on the road look....

In my last 5yrs in Trinidad, I'd say either nothing changes, or they get worse.

Instead, I'd ask why was the Rapid rail Project scrapped, twice.
Maybe because, "rails means less (car) sales"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_Rapid_Railway
The milllion dollar feasibility study by the minister of finance said it was a waste

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 14th, 2022, 11:04 pm

Bring back the POS wreckers

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » September 15th, 2022, 1:12 am

hover11 wrote:Phillip pretty much summed it up...Rowley doesnt experience traffic unless we the ppl demand that they do then how could he know what we going through. Screenshot_20220914_154042.jpg

Joke's on DOMA as shopping in POS - frig that - the general POS experience has become utter ass. In 99-2004 when I used to travel to the POS environs to work, there was things to bun your eye and you'd make plans to pass in some stores on your way home, or save it up for a Friday to do everything.

Now, the place dirty with a set of shifty people about, and the bun eye stores either out of business, closed their downtown POS locations or just looking ketch ass. One person even described the scent as how POS smells Ash Wednesday mornin, but all.the time now.

A good incentive for POS would be to finally invest in those street sweeper machines to get the night grime and vagrant excrement off the damn street. Forcing people to pay b.s online purchasing tax is still better than hanging out or shopping in POS.

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » September 15th, 2022, 8:22 am

But on a serious note, who was the genius that decided to put a cricket stadium in the middle of the capital city

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 15th, 2022, 8:33 am

The same kind of idiots that try to convince us that sports stop crime

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 15th, 2022, 8:38 am

matr1x wrote:The same kind of idiots that try to convince us that sports stop crime
Don't forget they also tried to sell us the dream that swimming pools in ghetto areas prevent crime

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 15th, 2022, 8:57 am

with respect to the traffic, little or no decentralization and waste ah time mass transit system...

if no one has to come in town - less people buy (new) cars/suv/trucks ... less insurance for said vehicles .. less people buy in town .... less over-priced rental of buildings in town

but guess who owns and runs 1. new car dealerships 2. insurance 3. rental space/building in town

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 15th, 2022, 9:03 am

Something people failing to realise is that traffic is not limited to port of spain alone.

None of the above proposed solutions will alleviate traffic caused by the inconsideration of others. They refuse to let people pass, stop abrupt on the road, park on the road and wait till they reach in front of where they reach to stop for pickup or dropoff (in the case of school children). I have seen cars wait in traffic for minutes just to move up 2 feet so the door reaches in front the child. This is why we have a generation that cannot peel an orange.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 15th, 2022, 9:10 am

fokhan_96 wrote:But on a serious note, who was the genius that decided to put a cricket stadium in the middle of the capital city

St Clair is not the middle of the city
Capture.JPG

The Oval there since 1896
PoS in 1896
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (26.35 KiB) Viewed 813 times

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 15th, 2022, 9:16 am

Exactly. We haven't learned sh!t in over 100 years

Potholes make ppl drive slower, this more traffic

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » September 15th, 2022, 9:28 am

What about the idea they proposed a while back where even number license plate cars had like Monday, Tues was odd numbers and weekends was free for all. This was to encourage car pools.
Last edited by hover11 on September 15th, 2022, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 15th, 2022, 9:30 am

They tried that is Singapore. Not great results if you have 2 cars with the same type of numbers.

Also, covid kill carpooling in a large scale

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”