The stolen vehicles thread!!!!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: The stolen vehicles thread!!!!

Postby pugboy » January 17th, 2023, 5:06 am

any idea how they program this ?
eg is it 2 gps points to form a line which must be crossed ?

can it be set to trigger engine cut ?
what about triggering a booby trap ?

they need to refine this and advertise the feature, I am very interested in this.

Dave wrote:Geofence is a safe area setup by the owner where it is deemed safe. When the perimeter is broken alerts would be sent to notify that the safe area was breached.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 17th, 2023, 6:23 am

Attachments
IMG-20230117-WA0000.jpg

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 17th, 2023, 1:20 pm

bmt, how come they steal a lot of these single cab transport vehicles?

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 17th, 2023, 1:46 pm

which relatively new industry utilizes these vehicles alot? There is your ans

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 18th, 2023, 7:48 am

Anedda 1
103: k2700,TED 7582

Stolen from the Oropune area

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » January 18th, 2023, 7:57 am

Honestly I feel if you have one of these vehicles you should invest in Air Support Tactical and Car Search because it will be targeted at some point.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 18th, 2023, 9:31 am

snypaz wrote:Honestly I feel if you have one of these vehicles you should invest in Air Support Tactical and Car Search because it will be targeted at some point.

and hide a couple air tags in it for good measure

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » January 18th, 2023, 9:38 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
snypaz wrote:Honestly I feel if you have one of these vehicles you should invest in Air Support Tactical and Car Search because it will be targeted at some point.

But air tags work with other apple phones around the area to broadcast a signal..not so? Correct me if I'm wrong.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 18th, 2023, 9:46 am

aaron17 wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:

But air tags work with other apple phones around the area to broadcast a signal..not so? Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a multifaceted approach.
Use GPS or Car search, BUT also drop a couple in there. It's already being done in the wild.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... ags-theft/

There are caveats to using it for this, which is why it should not be your sole strategy.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 18th, 2023, 10:20 am

Attachments
IMG-20230118-WA0060.jpg

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 19th, 2023, 9:07 am

Anti-theft immobilizers in cars are now obsolete.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/anti-theft-immobilizers-in-cars-are-now-obsolete-what-can-replace-them-1.6236514

Mechanic Kamran Malik at K&N Auto Sound and Security in Scarborough has a dim view of the fob-based immobilizer, saying car companies put too much faith in a single device. And when it was defeated, there were few backup plans.

“New technology is easy to hack into,” Kamran told CTV News. His suggestion: Equip the vehicle with other devices, including secret switches, that must be flipped to start the car.

“It will shut down the fuel, shut down the ignition, shut down the fuel pump — the vehicle will just crank. You’re not going nowhere,” he said.

Unfortunately, that is the loophole thieves have found and then started using en masse: Devices that trick your car into thinking the key is in the vehicle.

New tricks leading to alarming rate of car thefts in Toronto
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/new-tricks-leading-to-alarming-rate-of-car-thefts-this-is-how-to-protect-yourself-1.6234708

Video from Kozak’s home shows two men disabling the horn on his truck, and the vehicle lights flashing silently. The thieves were able to access an onboard computer, allowing them to start the vehicle and drive away within seven minutes.

“They came in knowing what they wanted and knew exactly what they were doing,” Kozak said.

He said he’s frustrated because he believes he took reasonable security precautions, including using security cameras and keeping his key fob in a Faraday pouch, which blocks signals.

How it's done? Here's the long way around, but apparently newer programmable devices hit the open market recently using this method giving pro car thieves easier access than ever before, where the key's signal is not even required like for a relay attack. Your immobilizer FOB is USELESS!!
https://www.instructables.com/DIY-Immobilizer-Hacking-for-Lost-Keys-or-Swapped-E/

Looks like I need to get a hidden kill switch installed now.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 19th, 2023, 9:16 am

Where are some good out-of-the-box thinking to put the kill switch?

I feel that won't deter a pro car thief who can already hack through a fob immobilizer, who will just instantly know it's a kill switch and find the location within 1 minute.

I feel a club lock will be a better deterrent.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 19th, 2023, 9:46 am

maj. tom wrote:
Anti-theft immobilizers in cars are now obsolete.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/anti-theft-immobilizers-in-cars-are-now-obsolete-what-can-replace-them-1.6236514

Mechanic Kamran Malik at K&N Auto Sound and Security in Scarborough has a dim view of the fob-based immobilizer, saying car companies put too much faith in a single device. And when it was defeated, there were few backup plans.

“New technology is easy to hack into,” Kamran told CTV News. His suggestion: Equip the vehicle with other devices, including secret switches, that must be flipped to start the car.

“It will shut down the fuel, shut down the ignition, shut down the fuel pump — the vehicle will just crank. You’re not going nowhere,” he said.

Unfortunately, that is the loophole thieves have found and then started using en masse: Devices that trick your car into thinking the key is in the vehicle.

New tricks leading to alarming rate of car thefts in Toronto
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/new-tricks-leading-to-alarming-rate-of-car-thefts-this-is-how-to-protect-yourself-1.6234708

Video from Kozak’s home shows two men disabling the horn on his truck, and the vehicle lights flashing silently. The thieves were able to access an onboard computer, allowing them to start the vehicle and drive away within seven minutes.

“They came in knowing what they wanted and knew exactly what they were doing,” Kozak said.

He said he’s frustrated because he believes he took reasonable security precautions, including using security cameras and keeping his key fob in a Faraday pouch, which blocks signals.

How it's done? Here's the long way around, but apparently newer programmable devices hit the open market recently using this method giving pro car thieves easier access than ever before, where the key's signal is not even required like for a relay attack. Your immobilizer FOB is USELESS!!
https://www.instructables.com/DIY-Immobilizer-Hacking-for-Lost-Keys-or-Swapped-E/

Looks like I need to get a hidden kill switch installed now.
Best hiding spot is out in the open.Install a fog light switch and use that.Just make sure it looking legit.Or modify one of those bass switches that some amps come with.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 19th, 2023, 1:28 pm

January 19th, 2023
MEDIA RELEASE

Stolen Boat, Boat Engine and Vehicles Recovered in Ongoing Exercises

A rescue boat was among several vehicles successfully recovered by officers this week across the country in ongoing anti-crime exercises.

An intelligence-led exercise in the Port of Spain Division, on Tuesday 17th January, 2023, resulted in the recovery of a deflated rescue boat and boat engine in the Sealots district by officers of the Criminal Investigations Department Operational Team.

The items were reported missing on January 11th, 2023.

Meanwhile, in the North Eastern Division, officers of the Stolen Vehicles Squad recovered a white Toyota Aqua motor vehicle in the Santa Cruz district, on Wednesday 18th January, 2023. The vehicle was reported missing from the Belmont Police district on Tuesday 17th January, 2023.

The same party of officers then proceeded to Cantaro Village, where they recovered a white Kia K2700 bearing false registration plates. The vehicle was reported stolen around 4:45 am, on Wednesday 18th, 2023 in the Arouca district.

In the Central Division, officers recovered a black Nissan Almera motor vehicle which was stolen at gunpoint from its owner last night. The vehicle was subsequently recovered in the Diego Martin district.

Officers also recovered a white Nissan Tiida motor vehicle which was reported stolen from the Curepe district on Tuesday 17th January, 2023. Investigators found it abandoned in the Valsayn district on Wednesday 18th January, 2023.

Investigations are ongoing into all the above matters.

Corporate Communications Unit
January 19th, 2023

END

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 19th, 2023, 3:52 pm

Kill Switch - I called around and some places say they will do it, but two businesses who seemed quite knowledge said don't put a kill switch on hybrid cars with push start because it will eventually damage the computer chip controllers that manage the two engine system. And if something goes wrong and they both said they have past experience with this, they get blamed. I didn't understand it fully, but I'll go with what they're saying.

Will have to get a club-lock.... I don't think I've seen a place locally selling that for a decade.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » January 19th, 2023, 4:25 pm

A simple low-tech hidden kill switch which only stops the power feed to fuel pump is still the way to go.
You must however accept that the switch may one day fail and probably configure a simple by-pass solution.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 19th, 2023, 4:35 pm

I had a fuel kill switch in the 90s, was right under floor mat and you pressed with your foot or hand.
saved a 323 which was stolen outside st clair medical
they reached as far as harvards and abandoned the car

of course kill switch/club locks are static devices for when they trying to steal a parked car and presumably a car without chip key where hotwiring is not possible
vs a car jacking which is the general way to steal a car with chipkey

toyolink wrote:A simple low-tech hidden kill switch which only stops the power feed to fuel pump is still the way to go.
You must however accept that the switch may one day fail and probably configure a simple by-pass solution.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 19th, 2023, 6:35 pm

maj. tom wrote:Kill Switch - I called around and some places say they will do it, but two businesses who seemed quite knowledge said don't put a kill switch on hybrid cars with push start because it will eventually damage the computer chip controllers that manage the two engine system. And if something goes wrong and they both said they have past experience with this, they get blamed. I didn't understand it fully, but I'll go with what they're saying.

Will have to get a club-lock.... I don't think I've seen a place locally selling that for a decade.

Forget that club lock...trust me! They tried at my local 13 and the kill switch saved it....club lock was busted in 2. Kill switch I had/have kills the current to the brain...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 19th, 2023, 7:20 pm

The original club lock looking like crap, videos on YouTube shows that just drilling through the keyhole core and it break.

If anyone here has experience on a kill switch with a push-button-start hybrid, do share. Because I was advised separately by two auto electrical businesses not to do this and that kill switches are not good for this setup.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 19th, 2023, 7:25 pm

K74T wrote:January 19th, 2023
MEDIA RELEASE

Stolen Boat, Boat Engine and Vehicles Recovered in Ongoing Exercises

A rescue boat was among several vehicles successfully recovered by officers this week across the country in ongoing anti-crime exercises.

An intelligence-led exercise in the Port of Spain Division, on Tuesday 17th January, 2023, resulted in the recovery of a deflated rescue boat and boat engine in the Sealots district by officers of the Criminal Investigations Department Operational Team.

The items were reported missing on January 11th, 2023.

Meanwhile, in the North Eastern Division, officers of the Stolen Vehicles Squad recovered a white Toyota Aqua motor vehicle in the Santa Cruz district, on Wednesday 18th January, 2023. The vehicle was reported missing from the Belmont Police district on Tuesday 17th January, 2023.

The same party of officers then proceeded to Cantaro Village, where they recovered a white Kia K2700 bearing false registration plates. The vehicle was reported stolen around 4:45 am, on Wednesday 18th, 2023 in the Arouca district.

In the Central Division, officers recovered a black Nissan Almera motor vehicle which was stolen at gunpoint from its owner last night. The vehicle was subsequently recovered in the Diego Martin district.

Officers also recovered a white Nissan Tiida motor vehicle which was reported stolen from the Curepe district on Tuesday 17th January, 2023. Investigators found it abandoned in the Valsayn district on Wednesday 18th January, 2023.

Investigations are ongoing into all the above matters.

Corporate Communications Unit
January 19th, 2023

END

all 4 cars recovered within 1 day of being stolen/reported? TTPS wukking!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 19th, 2023, 7:31 pm

maj. tom wrote:Kill Switch - I called around and some places say they will do it, but two businesses who seemed quite knowledge said don't put a kill switch on hybrid cars with push start because it will eventually damage the computer chip controllers that manage the two engine system. And if something goes wrong and they both said they have past experience with this, they get blamed. I didn't understand it fully, but I'll go with what they're saying.

what about GPS with immobilizer? would that be an issue for those hybrids? or alarm with immobilizer? a lot of new card doh even have an alarm which was standard in most cars before- so thieves no longer have to worry about the car making noise and waking up the owner. the gps one would allow u to activate it after they steal it and would be the only option in a carjacking.
Last edited by redmanjp on January 19th, 2023, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 19th, 2023, 7:32 pm

the way to beat a club lock is just use a hacksaw and cut the steering wheel and flex it open to remove the club lock

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 20th, 2023, 5:29 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Anedda 1
103: k2700,TED 7582

Stolen from the Oropune area

Was told that this vehicle had a GPS device, ttps found the GPS minus the vehicle :| . My guess would be to check the people who installed the GPS or them pests investing in more "high tech" stuff

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 20th, 2023, 6:45 am

well is only so much place you could hide the gps

too bad there is no way to install after market rfid chipkey type stuff in these vehicles which is not easily removed like an alarm

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » January 20th, 2023, 6:59 am

Kill switch crew checking in as well as coil wire and distributor rotor!

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 20th, 2023, 7:07 am

the way they stealing them vans
is time to booby trap one

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 20th, 2023, 8:44 am

pugboy wrote:the way they stealing them vans
is time to booby trap one

fr, we need to do more stings like that one in barataria/maritime roundabout the other day

Also just straight up putting an airbag + nails under a seat to go off when someone puts the car in drive. Presumably they will be sitting down by that point

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 20th, 2023, 9:53 am

105: so it continues
Attachments
IMG-20230120-WA0038~2.jpg

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 20th, 2023, 9:58 am

Attachments
IMG-20230120-WA0051.jpg

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » January 20th, 2023, 10:08 am

abbow wrote:which relatively new industry utilizes these vehicles alot? There is your ans

idk :oops:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”