this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The stolen vehicles thread!!!!

Postby redmanjp » January 22nd, 2023, 6:01 pm

pugboy wrote:them fellas will keep quiet
take they small bail and back out again
until the penalties are severe and a business asset could be seized this will go on

redmanjp wrote:the ttps need to ask them some serious questions on all who are linked to this and charge all- not just those who they caught. right down to any involved in carjackings as well.

They should have seized everything in that garage as the fact that u found stolen parts there makes anything there suspect. Then everyone who car was stolen examine the parts to see if they can identify anything. Don't let the business operate or have access to any of the seized items until they give information.

Going forward u should at least have proof of ownership before u accept any vehicle.
Last edited by redmanjp on January 22nd, 2023, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 22nd, 2023, 6:09 pm

that company have a big operation in penal i think
make them show receipts for every piece of inventory
just like how they search them gun dealers

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 22nd, 2023, 7:26 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
pugboy wrote:car stealing is a whole eco system of its own
from the scouts, the drivers, the techs who disable alarm/gps, the scrappers, the parts supply bosses
the links to supply home invasion gangs and murder shooters, the list goes one

until we have a proper way to not make it as simple as using doublesided tape to stick a fake plate on then them fellas will continue to steal cars
Lol....Friday I went n print a pair of fake plates for my car . Tint shop see my vehicle g5 down. They see I ordering plates that not matching my vehicle. I tell dem I wha the cheapest ones possible because I eh using it long. Dem eh ask nun.

I stick them on in pos cid before we went out
Did you just admit to a crime?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 22nd, 2023, 7:45 pm

timelapse wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
from the scouts, the drivers, the techs who disable alarm/gps, the scrappers, the parts supply bosses

until we have a proper way to not make it as simple as using doublesided tape to stick a fake plate on then them fellas will continue to steal cars
Lol....Friday I went n print a pair of fake plates for my car . Tint shop see my vehicle g5 down. They see I ordering plates that not matching my vehicle. I tell dem I wha the cheapest ones possible because I eh using it long. Dem eh ask nun.

Dozens. Problem?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 22nd, 2023, 7:49 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:

Dozens. Problem?

ROFL. Undercover, legal work.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 22nd, 2023, 7:54 pm

he like when they carry ian alleyne to a shootout

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 22nd, 2023, 7:57 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
timelapse wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:

Dozens. Problem?
I get worried about you for a second there.

Mercenary
Riding on 18's

Postby Mercenary » January 22nd, 2023, 10:03 pm

hay 1552,e24 greenband maxi stolen, never seen again. the original outlaw

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » January 23rd, 2023, 3:27 pm

This whole situation is another Fitzorama crapshow.. I personally know of 3 separate incidents of ppl who either got their vehicle stolen, or attempted stolen, last week alone.

Can someone PLEASE ask the PM for a new minister and/or COP? This is real rediculousness grandfadda..

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 23rd, 2023, 3:31 pm

80s they used to steal spare tires
in the 90s cars stealing for parts was a big and that was when viper alarms etc became a necessity for everybody
now it even worser

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » January 23rd, 2023, 9:22 pm

redmanjp wrote:Aren't we supposed to have rfid in plates by now? Perhaps where u would have to go to LO to have the plates chipped and they would have to verify u are the owner.

That system works.....if we have effective enforcement of the law.

I'm willing to be educated here - but given the history of laws, regulations and whatnot being put in place, and said laws/regs being flouted at will, why would RFID plates be any different?

What's to stop plates from still being changed? And police still not picking it up?

E.g. Say a grey <insert make/model> sedan gets stolen and fake plates put on (hence the plates don't have RFID data that will match car's registration data on online system), will police scan EVERY grey <insert make/model> sedan they see to see if the plates line up? And how will they do that? They could easily say they don't have resources to deal with every theft in the country (which they already claim).

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 24th, 2023, 5:21 am

Attachments
IMG-20230123-WA0180.jpg

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2023, 6:37 am

Alpha_2nr wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Aren't we supposed to have rfid in plates by now? Perhaps where u would have to go to LO to have the plates chipped and they would have to verify u are the owner.

I'm willing to be educated here - but given the history of laws, regulations and whatnot being put in place, and said laws/regs being flouted at will, why would RFID plates be any different?

What's to stop plates from still being changed? And police still not picking it up?

E.g. Say a grey <insert make/model> sedan gets stolen and fake plates put on (hence the plates don't have RFID data that will match car's registration data on online system), will police scan EVERY grey <insert make/model> sedan they see to see if the plates line up? And how will they do that? They could easily say they don't have resources to deal with every theft in the country (which they already claim).
Ideally there should be automatic scanners all over the place ....obvious and hidden.....scanning all vehicles and checking if the plates match the vehicle. Not sure if tech like that exists.

But with proper cctv and scanners and a competent team to control it....that would stop reallllllll crime.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 24th, 2023, 7:32 am

When criminals are in the police force, what kind of progress do you really expect?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 24th, 2023, 8:25 am

we should go to a system like in USA where you have annual license sticker attached to the plate AND plates tied to a person not the car. Makes it much harder to just use doublesided tape to stick a plate with fake number on a car.

So any car you see can be immediately cross checked to the owner of the plate who had to provide proper documentation to register it.

We already have inspection sticker system so they should tie that in and put the sticker on the plate and include the car number on the sticker. Inspection stickers only have the inspection garage ID on it, very stupid.

If an inspection sticker had the car number printed on it, would be a great help.
In fact keep the sticker on the glass and another on the plate.
So anybody could look and see if the stickers dont match means something fishy.

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » January 24th, 2023, 8:49 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Alpha_2nr wrote:

Ideally there should be automatic scanners all over the place ....obvious and hidden.....scanning all vehicles and checking if the plates match the vehicle. Not sure if tech like that exists.

But with proper cctv and scanners and a competent team to control it....that would stop reallllllll crime.

My thoughts exactly. But without that, we are still relying on manual scanning/scans of opportunity by police......IF they are around and IF they choose to do so!

So to me, even with RFID plates, car thefts can still go unabated (again, unless auto scanners are put in at traffic lighs, and other main causeways).

pugboy wrote:We already have inspection sticker system so they should tie that in and put the sticker on the plate and include the car number on the sticker. Inspection stickers only have the inspection garage ID on it, very stupid.

Don't the new stickers have QRCode which carries relevant inspection data? Again, as before, that STILl relies on police manually searching every car.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 24th, 2023, 9:22 am

if the stickers had the vehicle number on it would help for anybody to easily identify and if another sticker on the glass you could tell if the plate with sticker on it was swapped from another car

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » January 24th, 2023, 10:01 am

timelapse wrote:When criminals are in the police force, what kind of progress do you really expect?

preach brudda.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 24th, 2023, 10:09 am

This count in this thread serves what purpose?
From an article last year TTPS said an average of 120 vehicles are stolen monthly
https://newsday.co.tt/2022/08/04/718-ve ... ed-choice/

The count here is at 110 after 5 months. Basically you all really counting social media posts which is not reflective of anything give that since this thread was started almost 600 cars would have been stolen.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 24th, 2023, 10:48 am

Dizzy28 wrote:This count in this thread serves what purpose?
From an article last year TTPS said an average of 120 vehicles are stolen monthly

The count here is at 110 after 5 months. Basically you all really counting social media posts which is not reflective of anything give that since this thread was started almost 600 cars would have been stolen.

I tell them that from early. But leave them nah.

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » January 24th, 2023, 10:56 am

I don't think anyone here believes that the count is truly reflective of what's actually happening by any stretch.

What the thread DOES do IMHO, is bring the topic up for discussion, and make folks aware of some of what's happening, where and what type of vehicles are potentially being targeted (unless the preference is to sweep it under the carpet and not discuss it?).

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 24th, 2023, 11:07 am

^ You think people are not aware of the high levels of car theft?
This thread can still exist without a count as well ah...just saying!

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 24th, 2023, 3:39 pm

Some of allyuh in here does get heart burn over real petty thing...could imagine what allyh does beat up for in personal life....We all know the count is way off, personally it can be used to get an idea of the cars stolen, the regularity, location etc etc....geeeeez and fcking ages....anyways...just look at the number of views the thread has gathered as compared to others and ud see the relevance of the topic.
The thread was created to create awareness and to simply spread the word for those who seeing pressure wrt to the topic at hand.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 24th, 2023, 3:40 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Some of allyuh in here does get heart burn over real petty thing...could imagine what allyh does beat up for in personal life....We all know the count is way off, personally it can be used to get an idea of the cars stolen, the regularity, location etc etc....geeeeez and fcking ages....anyways...just look at the number of views the thread has gathered as compared to others and ud see the relevance of the topic.
The thread was created to create awareness and to simply spread the word for those who seeing pressure wrt to the topic at hand.

Given how far off from reality the thread number if is it actually can't

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 24th, 2023, 3:44 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Some of allyuh in here does get heart burn over real petty thing...could imagine what allyh does beat up for in personal life....We all know the count is way off, personally it can be used to get an idea of the cars stolen, the regularity, location etc etc....geeeeez and fcking ages....anyways...just look at the number of views the thread has gathered as compared to others and ud see the relevance of the topic.

Aye shakes don’t study dem fellas man. You keep doing what you doing. I enjoy the thread and it’s very informative. The figures here are more than enough to bring an awareness. The fellas who beating up will sure simmer DF down if there car is stolen and posted here though.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 24th, 2023, 7:12 pm

Dizzy getting the bill for the bandwidth this thread using or something?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 24th, 2023, 7:47 pm

I never said the thread useless...merely the count
Phone Surgeon wrote:Dizzy getting the bill for the bandwidth this thread using or something?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 24th, 2023, 9:18 pm

Attachments
IMG-20230124-WA0220.jpg

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » January 25th, 2023, 8:38 am

Alpha_2nr wrote:

I don't think anyone here believes that the count is truly reflective of what's actually happening by any stretch.

What the thread DOES do IMHO, is bring the topic up for discussion, and make folks aware of some of what's happening, where and what type of vehicles are potentially being targeted (unless the preference is to sweep it under the carpet and not discuss it?).

Thank you - my point exactly shake d livin wake d dead. Well said sir. 8-)

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 25th, 2023, 11:02 am

112: look out for a silver grey elantra....PDN 3608....vehicle was stolen and owner murdered

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”