TunerGod

Re: Licensing stations stricter with inspection

Postby pugboy » January 27th, 2023, 4:27 pm

doh forget no sandals, shorts, pants with tears, sleeveless etc

The Bamboo Online
3NE 2NR for life

Postby The Bamboo Online » January 27th, 2023, 4:46 pm

They was supposed to update the engine change part and remove it like how DMV in the states don’t check engines.

People mechanic don’t fix engines as much anymore and is swaps done mostly. Mechanic Men changing engine like they changing tires. And the process to update files in the L.O clogging up the works.

I guess they changed their minds based on how lawless the society is I don’t blame them.

Thank goodness they don’t check transmissions
Last edited by The Bamboo Online on January 27th, 2023, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » January 27th, 2023, 4:47 pm

dogg wrote:This new?
New, a scandal happened, ppl kinda dotish too if you know you doing bobol to get things done why you confess to the vehicle not coming and paying to get things done?

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » January 27th, 2023, 4:52 pm

The Bamboo Online wrote:
Thank goodness they check transmissions

What dyou mean?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 27th, 2023, 6:30 pm

it have a video on fb showing truck drivers in their trucks lined up 2.30am to go in sando license office ...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 27th, 2023, 6:47 pm

I passed caroni before lunch today and there was a long line as well

dogg
Riding on 16's

Postby dogg » January 27th, 2023, 6:56 pm

Rovin wrote:it have a video on fb showing truck drivers in their trucks lined up 2.30am to go in sando license office ...

but why though?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 27th, 2023, 7:07 pm

to be 1st in line for inspection when d compound opens

reminds of yrs ago when ppl used to line up 2am for passports or was it birth certificates ...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 27th, 2023, 7:09 pm

Rovin wrote:to be 1st in line for inspection when d compound opens

reminds of yrs ago when ppl used to line up 2am for passports or was it birth certificates ...

still have to wait 6 hrs tho :roll:

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 27th, 2023, 7:16 pm

why this happens though - a yearly january thing or is because license officers out & about plenty these days causing ppl to rush for inspection even with private cars ?

maybe do a appointment thing or a grace period so ppl wont have to line up like dog

LO & d govt does have ppl like ass as thought they like to see ppl suffer like that ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 27th, 2023, 7:21 pm

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=2968664003443141

man say some ppl there since 9pm from d night b4 :shock: , utter effin madness

THE LICENSING DEPARTMENT MISERY

Panicked by the sudden increase in the number of roadblock exercises led by licensing officers, drivers have begun flocking to the Licensing departments in San Fernando and Caroni to have their vehicles inspected.
For the past week, drivers have been queuing before daybreak to get to the inspection site, while bitterly complaining about the actions of the Transport Commissioner to order the road exercises to ensure vehicles are roadworthy, while the roads are in deplorable condition.
In San Fernando yesterday, traffic snaked along the Rienzi Kirton Highway, trapping scores of motorists who made their way to the San Fernando Licensing office on Balisier Avenue in Pleasantville for vehicular inspection.
This video was captured by Express photojournalist Trevor Waston.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 27th, 2023, 7:50 pm

Went tru sumting like that years ago with pass port. Was the first Time people lined up from the night before.

Since the removal of the appointment system, lo decide to step up on the road exercises, so people operating between both arrangements.
I.e. Avoiding the 9 pts fur no Inspection and first come first serve at the pits.

We country being run against the best interest of the people and productivity.

I don't understand why lo need to be on the roads... Why don't police simply pull questionable vehicles off the road, when they encounter them on patrols?

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » January 27th, 2023, 9:37 pm

I remember my first passport. 3 am on Frederick Street and there were people already there!

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » January 27th, 2023, 9:43 pm

triniterribletim wrote:

I remember my first passport. 3 am on Frederick Street and there were people already there!
This is because public servants want to be waited on to feel important. They like the idea of having power over people in seeing them unnecessarily frustrated while they walk by and be able to sit down and not react till 8am. They feel a sense of importance almost like the queen when she walks by and is waited on for whatever event she may be attending. You may not approach or speak to her until she indirectly engages you at a timing when she so chooses.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » January 27th, 2023, 10:29 pm

^^ this here is exactly what happens....please check how much time they take to scratch their skull with braids from 3 years ago.....and walking over to a colleague to ask the same question they asked for the person who was in front of you in line.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » January 27th, 2023, 10:32 pm

To me, this is a yearly thing. I remember what three years ago they frighten everybody to get inspected and 2 months later nothing...police not checking anything.
Now it seems every January there's an increase in roadblock and a rush for inspections, but by mid Feb nobody cares again.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » January 27th, 2023, 10:47 pm

always a fan of a notice that could have been printed anywhere, and taken picture of anywhere, without any other corroborating info.

Which one to be guided by?
https://www.mowt.gov.tt/Divisions/Transport-Division/Services/Vehicle-Registration/Amendments-to-motor-vehicle-register/Notification-of-Change-of-the-colour-of-the-Engine
Having to produve a certificed copy less than a year old is BS though. CC's suddenly valid for only 1 year.
Attachments
1.jpg

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » January 28th, 2023, 8:40 am

What is the correct thing to do if I have my inspection sticker on my windscreen but now my windscreen has to be changed. Cuz if it is removed and put on the new windscreen, can an officer say it was tampered with if they notice anything off?

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » January 28th, 2023, 8:43 am

Musical Doc wrote:What is the correct thing to do if I have my inspection sticker on my windscreen but now my windscreen has to be changed. Cuz if it is removed and put on the new windscreen, can an officer say it was tampered with if they notice anything off?

Normally the windscreen replacement vendor will remove the sticker and put it back on the new windscreen. Was looking to change my windscreen a few years ago, called them and raised that particular issue with them, they said they will remove it and put it on the new one.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 28th, 2023, 8:44 am

I carry my mother nis this week at 730...because ppl does line up from early...
U know at 8am about 10 staff members leaving to go buy breakfast..

Public servants for the win

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » February 5th, 2023, 9:45 am

Alpha_2nr wrote:
MaxPower wrote:I eh understand LO being “stricter”.

Trinis need to read exactly what the law states and abide by that strictly to pass an inspection properly. But half way inspection and bribery is rampant.

Stop looking and begging for blighs.

Allyuh Trinis does have all these illegal items and cause hazards on the Nation’s roads in combination with ignorance and reckless behavior.

not sure if some of the newer/younger members on here are interpreting these threads differently.....

.....but from what I'm reading here, most of the complaints centre around vehicles not having their data on the "online system", not by virtue of error of the owners (since most owners have little control over the upload of their data) but the errors and/or illiteracy of clerical staff at the MVA/LO who are entering said data.

My wife's car (3 yrs old, purchased new) was not on the system (you can check this yourself as well - https://apps.mowt.gov.tt/vrv ) and we had to return to LO three (3) times before this was corrected. There were typo errors in entry by LO of BOTH the VIN and Engine no, making the vehicle unsearchable on this grand system.

Given that after each visit, we were told we had to wait two (2) weeks before checking that the correction was made, one can easily see why this correction took over two months.

I'm struggling to see where this complaint about erroneous entries links to "blighs" .
Damn i gotta check this waay before my next inspection in 2024 jan .

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 5th, 2023, 10:05 am

The CC 'not more than 1 year' requirement is only for change of engine color or for every inspection?

Also do we need an appointment to get a CC?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 5th, 2023, 12:03 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I carry my mother nis this week at 730...because ppl does line up from early...

Where Hovie?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » February 5th, 2023, 12:43 pm

bluefete wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:I carry my mother nis this week at 730...because ppl does line up from early...

Where Hovie?
Those are probably the back staff but I'm sure what he wouldn't tell you that the counter staff were most present they don't play when it comes to that. Back staff don't have to be in work at 8 am as flexi time is available to them, as they don't interact with the public. Ppl must not open the holes in their faces without enough information otherwise they will be seen as ignorant similar to that of the OP
Last edited by hover11 on February 5th, 2023, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » February 5th, 2023, 12:54 pm

Not to be a pain but i entered the chasis number and regist. numb and i got my results on the ministry site. I wanted to see if the engine number is correct and i checked google of relevant locations but some stickers were worn. The engine code is correct but where can i find the rest of the numbers? Its 6 digits after the engine code.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » February 5th, 2023, 1:00 pm

Depends on the engine, most of them are on the front of the block close to where the engine and transmission bolt together.

Some of them like QG engines have a ton of rust in that exact spot so you'd miss it entirely unless you knew exactly where to look. Bring some fine grit sandpaper just in case.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » February 5th, 2023, 1:19 pm

Chalking the spot where the number is also helps increase the visibility of the numbers

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » February 8th, 2023, 7:29 am

mitch1980 wrote:So I inspected two vehicles over the last 3 months
1 passed inspection - 2 year old hilux
1 failed inspection Monday this week

the failed inspection was that the ONLINE Chassis Inspection footnote.jpeg Number was Different from the Certified Copy and on the Vehicle.

the Garage said these last few months since the new License DB System was introduced they have found DOZENS on vehicles on a weekly basis with incorrect Chassis and engine number

this is as a result of errors made into the License Database.

Fixx
Vehicles is marked as failed , a checklist and footnote is then done to indicate what the error is ,
An appointment with License Office is made to re-inspect vehicle.

once complete this is updated in the License Database and the person can go back to Inspection garage and complete inspection and get the RFID Sticker

in my case the letter "L" was replaced with the "1"

so spoke to few ple with same -
bro in law - "1" replaced with letter "I"

So update .
Made appointment in Caroni for January 20th 2023.

Spent my time 2 hours to get RE-INSPECTED or called "AMMENDMENT""
for people in Caroni they are using Bay 3 specifically for this as there are hundreds of vehicles there with the "TYPO" error

I checked everyday to see it was was .
it took 12 working days to be rectified online

I can now go the Garage I went to prior and get the "PASS" and the new sticker ..

so this "TYPO" errors have caused a loss hundreds of productivity hours by ple because MOWT License office

a simple basic service we have to endure because of License Office F@#$-ups ..
sighhhhh

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » February 8th, 2023, 7:55 am

Damn! :bad-words:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”