Re: Ask Me Anything

Postby Dizzy28 » February 3rd, 2023, 9:18 am

What the fcuk is a diversity officer?

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 3rd, 2023, 9:21 am

Jared ,

How would you have felt yesterday evening if you hadn't eaten breakfast or lunch?

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: The Woke Agenda- now Aretha Franklin's song ‘Natural Woman’ deemed offensive

Postby matr1x » February 3rd, 2023, 9:21 am

Jared Mohammed wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
A certificate in Wokeism?
BWDMC!!!

I might do a Masters/Ph.D in Interdisciplinary Gender Studies later down the road after I finish my current undergraduate programme.

So essentially a masters in uselessness
Or he could study welding or concrete mixing.

Some career options for gender studies graduates
Artist/filmmaker
Communications Officer
Counsellor
Cultural programs coordinator
Diversity officer
HR coordinator
International development
Journalist
Legal professional
Librarian/archivist
Midwife
Outreach worker
Program or project manager
Public policy analyst
Research consultant
Sexual health, inclusion, anti-racism, sexualized violence educator
Social media manager
Student services
Teacher/instructor
Volunteer coordinator
Glad you understand that there are tons of jobs available for gender studies graduates.

But to be a Midwife in Trinidad, you would need to be a certified Nurse and then specialize into Midwifery.

Most of those are fluff positions.
All of those professions are needed.

Needed? Not really

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 3rd, 2023, 11:44 am

Chat GPT was down.Lets see if he re-emerges

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 3rd, 2023, 11:47 am

timelapse wrote:Chat GPT was down.Lets see if he re-emerges

:shock: :shock: :shock:

This is a good theory

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 3rd, 2023, 12:15 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:What the fcuk is a diversity officer?

DEI is a big thing in the US bai. You know that.
Entire offices, programmes and spots at the c suite.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Re: The Woke Agenda- now Aretha Franklin's song ‘Natural Woman’ deemed offensive

Postby alfa » February 3rd, 2023, 12:17 pm

Jared Mohammed wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
BWDMC!!!

I might do a Masters/Ph.D in Interdisciplinary Gender Studies later down the road after I finish my current undergraduate programme.

Artist/filmmaker
Communications Officer
Counsellor
Diversity officer
HR coordinator
Journalist
Legal professional
Librarian/archivist
Midwife
Outreach worker
Public policy analyst
Research consultant
Social media manager
Student services
Teacher/instructor
Volunteer coordinator
Glad you understand that there are tons of jobs available for gender studies graduates.

But to be a Midwife in Trinidad, you would need to be a certified Nurse and then specialize into Midwifery.

Welding and concrete mixing seems to be more useful on a day to day basis

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Ask Me Anything - Jared Mohammed Edition

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 3rd, 2023, 12:39 pm

leavingforgood wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
I decided to do my good deed for the day and try to assist you in your journey to adulthood and hopefully journey to being a productive adult so I responded to the points you made earlier about the changes you want to see in society.

What changes you want to see in our society?

1. Greater gender equality in the political sphere, including more focus on women's issues from elected officials in laws and policies. What specific women's issues have not been addressed politically? There are significantly more gender-specific laws targeting the rights of women compared to the rights of men.

2. An end to violence and sexual harassment against women in all areas of society. Violence against women is disproportionately targeted when compared to violence against men. The fact that you are only interested in ending sexual harrassment and violence against women instead of ending sexual harassment and violence on a whole simply proves that you simultaneously see women as inferior to men while slathering them with social privilege. In other words, you clearly don't believe the words you're spouting.

3. Promotion of opportunities for community education around feminism and gender equality What specific education do you believe has been lacking in terms of feminism and gender equality? Women have had access to the same and even more opportunities in the workforce and education compared to men. There have been endless events and promotional strategies encouraging women to enter male-dominated fields globally yet social justice warriors like yourself refuse to believe women can make up their own minds and are naturally drawn to female-dominated fields. Every country that has actively pushed women to enter male-dominated fields has often seen regressions in their objective as more women are opting to enter female-dominated fields and opting to make motherhood their priority in record numbers because no amount of social pressure can defeat nature.

4. More resources dedicated to advancing underrepresented women (e.g., LGBTQIA+, low-income, ethnic minorities) through educational, economic and health initiatives No human, male or female, deserves to be advanced within society simply based on skin color, sexual attraction, or income. Demanding indisputable access to spaces you believe you deserve access to while simultaneously demanding safe spaces of your own is nothing short of demanding dictatorship and power over the majority of society when you are already being disproportionately represented within every level of society. Minorities will be represented in a minor capacity because THEY ARE MINOR in the grand scheme of life.

5. Increased availability of reproductive healthcare options for all genders The issue here is not the availability of reproductive healthcare for all genders as the availability is already there. It is about encouraging the use of the resources that are already there INCLUDING ABSTINENCE. The only reproductive healthcare that is being pushed targets the symptom i.e. abortions, rather than the cause i.e. sexual deviance. Social justice warriors like yourself refuse to accept that freedom isn't free at all and if you want to be sexually free there will be consequences. No amount of available healthcare options will matter if the root cause of the issue is not treated.

6. Expansion of legislation that protects women’s rights related to labor force participation or discrimination cases Laws against discrimination are already in place. Not feeling welcomed on a job is not the same as being discriminated against. An employer preferring a man with muscles to lift heavy objects versus a woman (and even a man) who is less than half his size is not discrimination; it's a logical preference. If an employee, male or female, is being discriminated against in the workplace, he or she can report the employer and the matter will be handled to the fullest extent of the law.

7. Implementation of campaigns encouraging men to engage actively in conversations about gender-based issues and promoting an understanding of how their own privilege affects others Men can participate in the discussion about male privilege in gender-based issues, but how about we let women lead the way and let women have the discussion about their own privilege in gender-based issues. Social justice warriors like yourself refuse to acknowledge that women have many privileges and also contribute to gender-based violence. The reason why gender-based violence against women gets highlighted more is due to the biological difference between men and women with men being naturally stronger compared to women and can cause much more physical destruction, but acknowledging this fact will then diminish your flawed logic that men and women are the same in every aspect which is fundamentally inaccurate.

I'll stop there because your points about children transitioning make my blood boil and I'm trying to keep emotions out of this. But I hope you gain some perspective from my points above.

leavingforgood wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
I decided to do my good deed for the day and try to assist you in your journey to adulthood and hopefully journey to being a productive adult so I responded to the points you made earlier about the changes you want to see in society.

What changes you want to see in our society?

1. Greater gender equality in the political sphere, including more focus on women's issues from elected officials in laws and policies. What specific women's issues have not been addressed politically? There are significantly more gender-specific laws targeting the rights of women compared to the rights of men.

2. An end to violence and sexual harassment against women in all areas of society. Violence against women is disproportionately targeted when compared to violence against men. The fact that you are only interested in ending sexual harrassment and violence against women instead of ending sexual harassment and violence on a whole simply proves that you simultaneously see women as inferior to men while slathering them with social privilege. In other words, you clearly don't believe the words you're spouting.

3. Promotion of opportunities for community education around feminism and gender equality What specific education do you believe has been lacking in terms of feminism and gender equality? Women have had access to the same and even more opportunities in the workforce and education compared to men. There have been endless events and promotional strategies encouraging women to enter male-dominated fields globally yet social justice warriors like yourself refuse to believe women can make up their own minds and are naturally drawn to female-dominated fields. Every country that has actively pushed women to enter male-dominated fields has often seen regressions in their objective as more women are opting to enter female-dominated fields and opting to make motherhood their priority in record numbers because no amount of social pressure can defeat nature.

4. More resources dedicated to advancing underrepresented women (e.g., LGBTQIA+, low-income, ethnic minorities) through educational, economic and health initiatives No human, male or female, deserves to be advanced within society simply based on skin color, sexual attraction, or income. Demanding indisputable access to spaces you believe you deserve access to while simultaneously demanding safe spaces of your own is nothing short of demanding dictatorship and power over the majority of society when you are already being disproportionately represented within every level of society. Minorities will be represented in a minor capacity because THEY ARE MINOR in the grand scheme of life.

5. Increased availability of reproductive healthcare options for all genders The issue here is not the availability of reproductive healthcare for all genders as the availability is already there. It is about encouraging the use of the resources that are already there INCLUDING ABSTINENCE. The only reproductive healthcare that is being pushed targets the symptom i.e. abortions, rather than the cause i.e. sexual deviance. Social justice warriors like yourself refuse to accept that freedom isn't free at all and if you want to be sexually free there will be consequences. No amount of available healthcare options will matter if the root cause of the issue is not treated.

6. Expansion of legislation that protects women’s rights related to labor force participation or discrimination cases Laws against discrimination are already in place. Not feeling welcomed on a job is not the same as being discriminated against. An employer preferring a man with muscles to lift heavy objects versus a woman (and even a man) who is less than half his size is not discrimination; it's a logical preference. If an employee, male or female, is being discriminated against in the workplace, he or she can report the employer and the matter will be handled to the fullest extent of the law.

7. Implementation of campaigns encouraging men to engage actively in conversations about gender-based issues and promoting an understanding of how their own privilege affects others Men can participate in the discussion about male privilege in gender-based issues, but how about we let women lead the way and let women have the discussion about their own privilege in gender-based issues. Social justice warriors like yourself refuse to acknowledge that women have many privileges and also contribute to gender-based violence. The reason why gender-based violence against women gets highlighted more is due to the biological difference between men and women with men being naturally stronger compared to women and can cause much more physical destruction, but acknowledging this fact will then diminish your flawed logic that men and women are the same in every aspect which is fundamentally inaccurate.

I'll stop there because your points about children transitioning make my blood boil and I'm trying to keep emotions out of this. But I hope you gain some perspective from my points above.

1. - Gender based violence – Trinidad and Tobago has one of the highest rates of domestic violence in the Caribbean. Despite efforts by non-profit organizations, gender-based violence remains an under-addressed issue with very few legal measures being taken to protect women from abuse.

- Sexism in the workplace – Women in Trinidad and Tobago face very real gender disparities within both the public and private sectors. They are often underpaid for the same job or face other forms of workplace discrimination such as harassment and inequality in decision making processes.

- Body sovereignty - Despite laws that offer women protection from body harm, including sexual abuse, many aspects of bodily autonomy remain unprotected and largely unrecognized as legitimate human rights violations in Trinidad and Tobago. This includes violations that occur through oppressive dress codes, health care policies, forced sterilization, among other issues concerning a woman’s right to make decisions over her own body without fear of retribution or oppression.

- Lack of access to comprehensive sex education – Sex education is rarely taught comprehensively in any school setting, leaving many young people unprepared to make effective decisions about their own sexual health rising their risk for unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). The failure to provide adequate sex education results in a lack of understanding about sexual health issues, especially amongst young women who often suffer the majority of negative outcomes due to inadequate reproductive practices or resources.

2. I focus on thats more because the majority of women are victims in those types of situations. I haven't said men cannot be victims as well nor that they shouldn't get help to. I said statistically speaking, women are more likely to be victims and men to be perpetrators against those types of crimes. For your last statement, I would advise you to calm down and re-read what I had post.

3. Trinidad and Tobago lacks a comprehensive education program on feminism and gender equality in its educational system. There is limited knowledge amongst Trinbagonians of the core values behind contemporary understandings of gender equality, what it requires at an individual, social and policy level, as well as its positive economic effects. There is minimal to no discussion in educational institutions of the challenges posed by patriarchy and hetero-normativity, or how they perpetuate hurtful beliefs and practices around gender roles. Going beyond academic discourse in classrooms, there needs to be a focus on tackling structural drivers of inequality through public awareness programs towards building understanding of women's rights and their contravention by different societal structures including religion and law. Practical life skills training regarding self-advocacy and the importance of questioning unequal orders must be provided to students from elementary school onwards with space for open dialogue, engaging activities, workshops or forums. School curriculum should be amended to include topics such as violence against women, intersectionality and other current debates that expose inequalities along lines such as race, class or sexuality. There also needs to be greater support for youth initiatives aimed at challenging sexism or other oppressive systems i.e student clubs on women’s rights at secondary schools that are publicly celebrated but also given adequate resources for effective implementation.

4. Is only what I can describe as a person of privilege; whether it be because of their gender identity, sex, sexuality, class, creed, able-bodied, neurotypical, ethnicity (those who were descendants of native inhabitants of the country was not treated well and di not get the recognistion they deserved until recently) or what have you, explaining why equality is bad. To those who are privileged having equality of others whom are different to them would seem like oppression. I too have privilege, namely male privilege, however I don't use it to dictate others and the status quo. Also more resources are needed for advancing underrepresented women in Trinidad and Tobago due to the fact that there is a lack of access to educational and economic opportunities, coupled with unequal gender roles. In addition, limited access to healthcare and social services present further challenges faced by women in the country. Further, the legal system does not adequately protect women from gender-based violence or discrimination. These issues limit women’s ability to participate in decision making, limit their professional advancement, and keep them from economic independence. Investing more resources into these areas would create more opportunities for women to become empowered and advance in society, as well as help close wage gaps between genders. Increased education resources could also help reduce poverty within the country by giving women the skills they need to secure gainful employment.

5. Humans are sexual creatures. Some do it for pleasure. There is a reason why dopamine releases as a response to it. Consentual sex is nothing to be ashamed about even if its done for that purpose alone. As well, contraception exists. Some parents are not fit mentslly or financially to be parents and our social sector is less than adequate to deal with orphans and to assist the parents in their journey. Abortions are, as of 03/02/2023, illegal in Trinidad and Tobago unless the mother's life is threatened, so I wouldn't be recommending anyone to do so except for the exception. However, I believe its necessary to list to the detractors the reasons why persons may want to legalize it.
To summarize the issues: Abortion is a complex issue, with strong opinions on both sides of the debate. In Trinidad and Tobago, abortions are currently illegal in all cases except when the mother's life is threatened. Making abortion legal could have many positive impacts on the health and wellbeing of women living in Trinidad and Tobago. Here are some reasons why:

- Safety: Allowing legal abortion will help ensure it is done safely, reducing the risk of injury or death to women seeking an abortion procedure. Abortion has been done since ancient times, but before legalization, many mothers had to resort to unsafe means such as douching with corrosives or other dangerous methods to end their pregnancies which can lead to detrimental consequences. In addition, access to safe and legal abortions would protect women from prosecution for “backstreet" abortions performed by unqualified individuals with little regard for safety standards

- Accessibility: Legalization of abortion allows access to more skilled healthcare professionals who can guide women through the process in a way that respects their right to autonomy over their body and ensures they have accurate information when making decisions about their reproductive health, enabling them make empowered choices about whether or not to go ahead with an abortion procedure if needed Legalizing abortion would also reduce delays in accessing services, resulting in fewer risks from delaying care or going out-of-country for treatment which may be unaffordable for many persons.

- Mental Health: Women who are experiencing an unwanted pregnancy will be given the choice of how they want continue their pregnancy instead of feeling forced into it against their wishes or forced into secrecy due to criminal considerations. Legal access to abortion would therefore help promote better mental health outcomes for pregnant women by ensuring that they are able make reproductive decisions supported by reliable information and as per their own beliefs rather than feeling coerced into any decision due out of fear associated with criminalization.

Legalizing abortion would benefit women in Trinidad and Tobago by increasing safety standards , improving accessibility and promoting better mental health outcomes

6. You kind of disproved yourself in the sentence right after there. And not all jobs out there are physically demanding. There are muscular and strong women out there. Using their gender as the sole reason for them not to get the job is discrimination.

7. Besides the intersectioanlity aspect, women in general compared to men in general, if we were to exclude, race, neurodiverversity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or any handicaps, are generally more oppressed than men. Any advantages they seem to have are due to the patriarchy and male privilege. The patriarchy and male privilege work together to create a system in which men have more power, status and influence than women. One way this manifests is through apparent advantages that women have over men. In many cases, these privileges are actually created and maintained by the patriarchy and male privilege. Some examples include:

- Women often receive preferential treatment or opportunities due to assumptions about their ability or qualifications such as employers being more likely to hire female candidates for “feminine” positions such as secretaries or nurses.

- Women are often judged less harshly for behavior that would be unacceptable from men, in fields ranging from politics to entertainment.

- In some situations, women may receive lighter sentencing for crimes compared to their male counterparts.

- Gender roles can place women in positions of caretaking responsibility where they are given more respect or social capital than men—for example, mothers receiving greater respect than fathers during divorce proceedings.

It is important to recognize that while these privileges may exist, they are not absolute and they will not necessarily make life significantly easier; rather, they can lead to heightened criticism and scrutiny when someone does take advantage of them.

Lastly, it is fine if you do not want to agree with me. However, it is the fact that you cannot take a discussion for something that you may disagree with because "it makes your blood boil" that would cause issues. In life, you will meet people who don't share the same ideologies or beliefs as you, that does not mean you should shut them down because of it. If you try listening and discussing about maybe you or them could understand one another better on why y'all have those views in the first place. And maybe even change said views.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 3rd, 2023, 12:51 pm

JaredGPT

Summary pls

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 3rd, 2023, 12:53 pm

Gih dem Jerry gih dem…

Yuh have them fellas eyes bunnin

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » February 3rd, 2023, 12:54 pm

In the words of a famous cartoon character ' oh no not you again'

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 3rd, 2023, 1:01 pm

Actually I saw a gold nugget in that pile of words there

"Legalizing abortion would benefit women in Trinidad and Tobago by increasing safety standards , improving accessibility and promoting better mental health outcomes"

It would actually benefit the whole country tbh. A lot less crimes will happen because Keisha child fadda doh hadda study to mind 8 chiren anymore. Also one less ghetto youth in circulation.

Should probably make it mandatory for certain income brackets.

(we'll set aside the notion that it's killing a human for now)

matr1x

Postby matr1x » February 3rd, 2023, 1:19 pm

Jared, you were born so? Or was your dotishness a learned skill?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 3rd, 2023, 3:31 pm

Alyuh make the man ragequit yes.
New tuner record.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » February 3rd, 2023, 4:09 pm

Voting this ched for 2023 end of the year.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » February 3rd, 2023, 4:19 pm

Jared: You are mashing up your own arguments.

On the one hand, you have some valid points about how women are treated in T&T.

On the other, you are conflating it with your real agenda - to push the Alphabet people's perspective.

UWI Gender Studies training you well.

Unfortunately, not everyone will fall for such cultivated BS.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » February 3rd, 2023, 4:19 pm

Bumpity bump bump

st7 wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
st7 wrote:
1. sex is what you biologically are, it's how we identify people and animals. isnt gender how you feel as a person?

2. if i see someone biologically male or female, i'll say he or she. if no laws breaking, what consequences await me for speaking based on an observable fact?

3. isn't my right to free speech infringed if i am forced to call a biologically male person she or they?

4. im not against anyone who wants to identify as a different sex, or no sex... but dont be against me if i scientifically see you as your biological sex

1. Sex is biological. Gender is a social construct.

2. Considering some of our fellow citizens made homophobic remarks to our President (as of 31/01/2023) Paula-Mae Weekes in 2018, I would say it is an act of courtesy to be nice to others like you would want others to you. I know this doesn't relate to the topic there, but is similar in nature.
Source: https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/im-not- ... a5b9ef0a3c

3. No, you are not being arrested for saying it. However some jobs do offer anti-discriminatory laws in their place. You could say anything you want in public, however you would deal with the consequences of your actions later on.

4. Besides the fact that you cannot "scientifically" see a person's sex. They change gender not sex, hence the term transgender.

you have not answered question 3 accurately, or you completely ignored it and answered question 2 as 3. so i will ask again:

isn't my right to free speech infringed if i am forced to call a biologically male person she or they?

i will also ask a follow up:

what jobs in TnT has anti-discriminatory laws with calling a man 'he/him' rather than 'she/they'? Or are you basing ur answer from American media?

4. Besides the fact that you cannot "scientifically" see a person's sex.

please explain because i dont think you even understand your answer.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 3rd, 2023, 4:24 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:

DEI is a big thing in the US bai. You know that.
Entire offices, programmes and spots at the c suite.

Wonder what's the ROI of DEI?

My 2cents.....DEI is an affront to meritocracy.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 3rd, 2023, 4:27 pm

With that said I nominate myself to be Chief DEI Officer for Trinituner!

matr1x

Postby matr1x » February 3rd, 2023, 5:02 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:Alyuh make the man ragequit yes.
New tuner record.

He is a feminist. Weak and pathetic

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 4th, 2023, 12:29 pm

matr1x wrote:Trans people get more violence than usual?
Trans persons are usually the recipient of violence targetted towards them due to transphobia.

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 4th, 2023, 12:46 pm

st7 wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
st7 wrote:
1. sex is what you biologically are, it's how we identify people and animals. isnt gender how you feel as a person?

2. if i see someone biologically male or female, i'll say he or she. if no laws breaking, what consequences await me for speaking based on an observable fact?

3. isn't my right to free speech infringed if i am forced to call a biologically male person she or they?

4. im not against anyone who wants to identify as a different sex, or no sex... but dont be against me if i scientifically see you as your biological sex

1. Sex is biological. Gender is a social construct.

2. Considering some of our fellow citizens made homophobic remarks to our President (as of 31/01/2023) Paula-Mae Weekes in 2018, I would say it is an act of courtesy to be nice to others like you would want others to you. I know this doesn't relate to the topic there, but is similar in nature.
Source: https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/im-not- ... a5b9ef0a3c

3. No, you are not being arrested for saying it. However some jobs do offer anti-discriminatory laws in their place. You could say anything you want in public, however you would deal with the consequences of your actions later on.

4. Besides the fact that you cannot "scientifically" see a person's sex. They change gender not sex, hence the term transgender.

you have not answered question 3 accurately, or you completely ignored it and answered question 2 as 3. so i will ask again:

isn't my right to free speech infringed if i am forced to call a biologically male person she or they?

i will also ask a follow up:

what jobs in TnT has anti-discriminatory laws with calling a man 'he/him' rather than 'she/they'? Or are you basing ur answer from American media?

4. Besides the fact that you cannot "scientifically" see a person's sex.

please explain because i dont think you even understand your answer.

Redoing the responses for questions 2, 3 and 4.

2. In Trinidad and Tobago, there are no laws which specifically criminalize transphobic behavior. However, it is important to note that perpetuating hate speech or any type of discrimination based on gender identity is highly frowned upon. Transphobia can hurt individuals psychologically and emotionally, with lasting effects. Even if an act of transphobia does not result in any legal consequences, it could result in a range of other consequences such as dialogue about corrective action being taken by management to address the issue, social backlash from friends and family, public shaming or having your reputation tarnished.

3. No, your right to free speech is not necessarily infringed if you are asked to refer to a biologically male person by the pronouns they or she. Gender pronouns such as these can be used instead of gendered language that implies assigning sex to personhood, which can be hurtful and offensive to those who identify outside of the gender binary. As such, it could be seen as simply asking for respect for an identity or experience.

4. It is not possible to “scientifically” see someone’s sex in public because sex and gender are two very different aspects of a person's identity. Sex is determined by a combination of biological characteristics such as anatomy, hormones, and genes and reflects the biological differences between male and female bodies. Gender, on the other hand, is traditionally defined as one's sense of being male or female and is an internal sense of self that may or may not reflect traditional stereotypes assigned to each sex. Therefore, it is not possible to determine someone's sex simply by looking at them in public. Assuming someone's gender based on physical appearance can be detrimental to their mental health as it invalidates their personal gender identity by omitting their agency in determining how to identify themselves. This type of assumption can contribute to feelings of exclusion and alienation which can heavily impact mental well-being. Additionally, making assumptions on how people should present themselves based solely on their perceived gender can also lead to potential safety risks due to outdated societal norms. Therefore, it is important not to make assumptions about a person’s gender when interacting with them in public settings in order to maintain respect for individuals’ identities.

See 3, for that question you posted afterwards.

There are a variety of jobs in Trinidad and Tobago that have anti-discriminatory laws with calling a man 'he/him' rather than 'she/they':

1. Hospitality and service industry jobs such as wait staff, bartenders, chefs, front desk clerks, etc.
2. Retail industry jobs such as cashiers, sales associates, customer service representatives, etc.
3. Construction trade occupations such as plumbers, electricians, masons, carpentry or joinery workers, etc.
4. Professional or finance sector jobs such as accountants, attorneys, brokers or financial advisors.
5. Education jobs such as teachers or school administrators
6. Transportation careers such as commercial pilots or taxi drivers
7. Creative industries like graphic designers and artists

These are typically handled by the individual companies themselves and not the state, at least at the the time of post (04/02/2023).
Last edited by Jared Mohammed on February 4th, 2023, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 4th, 2023, 12:55 pm

matr1x wrote:Men go to war.

Jared stayed home to get pegged
I know that was meant to be an insult. But there is nothing wrong with a man being pegged as long as all parties involved consent and feel comfortable participating. It can be an incredibly empowering experience for both parties. For the woman, pegging gives them control and dominance during a typically male-dominated sex act, while also providing them more sexual pleasure than they might have during certain positions in which they are passive. For the man, it can be liberating to let go of pretenses and acknowledge their actual desires, while being pleasured in a way that is out of the ordinary. Pegging can also bring couples closer together emotionally and physically, as increased openness about each other's fantasies leads to deeper trust and understanding.

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 4th, 2023, 12:56 pm

A diversity officer is a person who specializes in promoting workplace diversity and inclusion. They work to create inclusive practices, policies, and programs that ensure fairness and respect for all individuals within an organization. The duties of a diversity officer are to develop, evaluate, and monitor initiatives to improve diversity; collaborate with other departments to promote understanding of the importance of achieving equity; and act as a coach to support employees in their efforts to reduce any discriminatory effect resulting from policy or practice.

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 4th, 2023, 12:57 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:Jared ,

How would you have felt yesterday evening if you hadn't eaten breakfast or lunch?
I would have just felt fine. I, typically, only participate in the eating festivities of breakfast.

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 4th, 2023, 1:09 pm

matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
BWDMC!!!

Artist/filmmaker
Communications Officer
Counsellor
Diversity officer
HR coordinator
Journalist
Legal professional
Librarian/archivist
Midwife
Outreach worker
Public policy analyst
Research consultant
Social media manager
Student services
Teacher/instructor
Volunteer coordinator

Needed? Not really

matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
BWDMC!!!

Artist/filmmaker
Communications Officer
Counsellor
Diversity officer
HR coordinator
Journalist
Legal professional
Librarian/archivist
Midwife
Outreach worker
Public policy analyst
Research consultant
Social media manager
Student services
Teacher/instructor
Volunteer coordinator

Needed? Not really

Here are the reasons why each of those professions listed are needed:

Artist/Filmmaker: Artists and filmmakers are needed to create works of art and media to tell stories, inspire and move people, portray ideas, document history, inform the public, and engage in social discourse.

Communications Officer: Communications officers are needed to create and manage an organization’s communication strategy. They ensure that all messages are presented accurately and consistently throughout multiple platforms.

Counsellor: Counsellors are needed to provide support services for individuals dealing with mental health issues. They help clients develop insight into their problems; provide education on topics such as communication or stress management; or help them find the resources they need to achieve their goals.

Cultural Programs Coordinator: Cultural programs coordinators are needed to design, implement and manage cultural programs or activities. They develop strategies to promote cultural understanding within organizations or communities by connecting different groups of people through shared experiences.

Diversity Officer: Diversity officers are needed to develop strategies that encourage a workplace that is safe, equitable, tolerant and respectful of differences in culture, heritage, language and beliefs. They aim to ensure that everyone is treated fairly in an environment free from discrimination.

HR Coordinator: HR coordinators are responsible for recruiting new staff members, maintaining employee records, processing payrolls and benefits paperwork, scheduling job interviews and offering general HR support across the organization.

International Development: International development professionals work on projects designed to improve social well-being in developing countries or regions by providing access to essential resources like healthcare, water supply security initiatives, financial stability etcetera.

Journalist: Journalists investigate complex stories using research methods such as interviewing primary sources, conducting surveys, fact-checking evidence from various sources etcetera. Their reports can influence decision making & provoke dialogue around important societal issues.

Legal Professional: Legal Professionals enforce & advise lawyers about applicable laws & regulations based on their specializations. This is critical for any business/organization so they can remain compliant with legal requirements & protect their interests.

Librarian/Archivist: Librarians & Archivists manage large collections of books & other printed materials enabling public access through cataloguing , circulation policies, librarian assistance & reference services. 

Midwife: Midwives provide professional medical assistance during pregnancy, labor, birth & aftercare process being especially beneficial for low-resource settings (ie. villages ). Their knowledgeable expertise ensures safe deliveries reducing mortality rates while helping young mothers understand the needs of their newborn babies better.  

Outreach Worker: Outreach workers connect people who have difficulty accessing community resources with those services they need which could include anything from food banks , housing shelters or career advice depending on their particular circumstance or request. 

Program or Project Manager : Program or project managers plan out strategic objectives while coordinating teams within a project's timeline enabling cross-department collaboration towards successful results by utilizing best practices like risk management processes, quality assurance standards etcetera.  

Public Policy Analys : Public policy analysts specialize in analyzing relevant policies related to specific fields be it healthcare reform legislation , educational initiatives etcetera then making suggestions in order to reformulate those policies according Budgetary constraints.  

Research Consultant: Research consultants utilize research techniques such as conducting surveys visits creating interview protocols data collection from powerful datasets in order offer specialized solutions based on reliable fact-based research with which clients can utilize for creating successful business plans for example.

Sexual Health Inclusion Anti Racism Sexualized Violence Educator: Sexual health inclusion anti racism sexualized violence educators lead workshops courses curriculums re educational campaigns specially designed towards building awareness of appropriate behaviors necessary when dealing wih delicate themes such as gender self expression, sexuality and racism biased labels victim blaming stigma silencing etcetera offering productive solutions through positive attitude reinforcement conversations role playing scenarios via any other kind of interactive method available expressly meant towards changing attitudes relevant behaviour changes leading ultimately lead healthier lives free from judgemental pressure abusers schosters .

Social Media Manager : Social media managers coordinate strategies around brand awareness content optimized for search engine algorithms & networking between marketing campaigns designed increase visibility online focused like growing user base interactivity rate responding visitors comments timely manner optimizing all platforms company owns thus increasing overall return investment terms digital marketing success directly attributed them doing it right way efficiently long term basis.   

Student Services : Student services personnel specialize attending help students identifying achieving personal goals defining new aspirations assisting problem solving skills studies via any other kind necessary first levels support development would require completion one academic program another i e guidance counselors school therapists college admission advisors employment placement agencies entrance exam tutors preparation classes higher requirements any given permit entry.

Teacher Instructor- Teacher instructors monitor progress updating performances giving feedback challenges performance auditing evaluating success motivators keeping up latest trends industry specific curriculum delivering lectures teacher centered active learning environments.

Volunteer Coordinator - Volunteer coordinators organize recruitment tracking volunteers assigning tasks ensuring everything runs properly upholding high standards set place communal checks balances represent entity carrying worth mentioning here civil responsibility activities related non profitable

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 4th, 2023, 1:11 pm

alfa wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
adnj wrote:
matr1x wrote:
Jared Mohammed wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
BWDMC!!!

Artist/filmmaker
Communications Officer
Counsellor
Diversity officer
HR coordinator
Journalist
Legal professional
Librarian/archivist
Midwife
Outreach worker
Public policy analyst
Research consultant
Social media manager
Student services
Teacher/instructor
Volunteer coordinator

Welding and concrete mixing seems to be more useful on a day to day basis
They are and I do appreciate anyone who works in those fields/professions. However, they do deserve to get more pay for the physical labours they have to endure and the potential risks of injuries associated with it.

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 4th, 2023, 1:16 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:Actually I saw a gold nugget in that pile of words there

"Legalizing abortion would benefit women in Trinidad and Tobago by increasing safety standards , improving accessibility and promoting better mental health outcomes"

It would actually benefit the whole country tbh. A lot less crimes will happen because Keisha child fadda doh hadda study to mind 8 chiren anymore. Also one less ghetto youth in circulation.

Should probably make it mandatory for certain income brackets.

(we'll set aside the notion that it's killing a human for now)

That was an incredibly racist and insensitive assestment to make on your part, I would ask you to apologize for writing that current message and refrain from making anymore of those claims in the future.

It also goes to show you that men would rather blame women (and to an extent, race) for the problems that is plaguing the country. When its in fact the environment, the children is borugh up on where everywhere they go, they see other men, whether it be their friends, family, neighbours, relatives, men in the media etc. exhibiting traits indicative of toxic masculinity.

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 4th, 2023, 1:17 pm

matr1x wrote:Jared, you were born so? Or was your dotishness a learned skill?
I do not understand, what do you mean by that.

Jared Mohammed
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jared Mohammed » February 4th, 2023, 1:21 pm

bluefete wrote:Jared: You are mashing up your own arguments.

On the one hand, you have some valid points about how women are treated in T&T.

On the other, you are conflating it with your real agenda - to push the Alphabet people's perspective.

UWI Gender Studies training you well.

Unfortunately, not everyone will fall for such cultivated BS.

I am not doing a Gender Studies degree though. And I believe that everybody in this country everybody inclusive of race, gender identity, ethnicity, disabilities, neurodiversity, sexuality, sex, etc. should be treated equally and with respect, and not to be discriminated against.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”