Forums

Man charged with larceny after bank error puts TT$32mil in his account

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Man charged with larceny after bank error puts TT$32mil in his account

Postby daring dragoon » March 18th, 2023, 2:59 am

so when the bank make mistake an take your money such as a loan due date is on the 31st month but you get paid on the 20th for christmas and as you get paid they take the loan payment before the due date wouldnt this be larceny also.?

the money in he account so it is his one. what he spent should come out of the salary of the person who fcuked up.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 18th, 2023, 6:40 am

daring dragoon wrote:so when the bank make mistake an take your money such as a loan due date is on the 31st month but you get paid on the 20th for christmas and as you get paid they take the loan payment before the due date wouldnt this be larceny also.?

the money in he account so it is his one. what he spent should come out of the salary of the person who fcuked up.

dd,

2 wrong doh make a right padna.

The situation you referenced is a mistake from the bank.

Did the scaffolding scamp withdraw the money by mistake too???

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 18th, 2023, 6:56 am

MaxPower wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:so when the bank make mistake an take your money such as a loan due date is on the 31st month but you get paid on the 20th for christmas and as you get paid they take the loan payment before the due date wouldnt this be larceny also.?

dd,

2 wrong doh make a right padna.

The situation you referenced is a mistake from the bank.

Did the scaffolding scamp withdraw the money by mistake too???

if i go to deposit a 50k in the bank them want to know all my business as to wey i get my money that i want to put in my account. if i want to withdraw my money it is the same question as they want to know why i taking out my money. if he find 30 million in he account it is he one. how can one withdraw 900000 in an atm.?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 18th, 2023, 7:30 am

Soldier charged for stealing after bank deposits money in his account in error
https://newsday.co.tt/2019/04/18/soldier-in-court

Don't know if yall remember this story, with the soldier a couple years back. Very unfortunate, he loss his good wuk over sum like this.Some people just don't get it.If money is placed in error on your account you should be honest enough to return it. It will save alot of trouble in the long run because you are held liable for whatever happens to that money. So if you spend or use money that you know fully well didn't belong to you that is theft. Let's put it this way you notice your balance is short y'all will kick a fuss to have it rectified ASAP!! Works both ways then.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » March 18th, 2023, 11:16 am

You'll be surprised how many people think it's their right to to keep or spend that money or just hope the bank never notice

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 18th, 2023, 11:25 am

It just speaks volumes of the level of integrity within the population. Can't be raising your children not to come home with other children's belongings but adults see it fit to take money that they didn't earn on another hand.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 18th, 2023, 11:54 am

Hoves talking about integrity yes

When just the other day he boasting about how he taking sick days because he have personal business to see about.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 18th, 2023, 11:55 am

scaffold man hadda be madd to feel bank error means all is mines ....

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 18th, 2023, 11:56 am

mero wrote:You'll be surprised how many people think it's their right to to keep or spend that money or just hope the bank never notice

X3000

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 18th, 2023, 12:01 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Hoves talking about integrity yes

When just the other day he boasting about how he taking sick days because he have personal business to see about.
There are levels to this sick days vs larceny is two DIFFERENT things. You can't make a jail for sick days , the most that could come out of it is you repay as an overpayment. If you want to clamp down on it target the licensed medical practitioners that take money for such. This on the other hand is grand larceny you talking about, ppl touching money that do not belong to them and you want to compare it with sick days.

How petty are you? GROW UP dan

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 18th, 2023, 12:10 pm

Rovin wrote:scaffold man hadda be madd to feel bank error means all is mines ....
If not now, the bank would eventually find out through checks and balances. I not making no jail for something that is not mines regardless of whose error it was, the funny thing with this if this money went in the right account we would have never known about this. Banks funny, after this you think any bank want to do business with this individual?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 18th, 2023, 12:30 pm

hover11 wrote:

There are levels to this sick days vs larceny is two DIFFERENT things. You can't make a jail for sick days , the most that could come out of it is you repay as an overpayment. If you want to clamp down on it target the licensed medical practitioners that take money for such. This on the other hand is grand larceny you talking about, ppl touching money that do not belong to them and you want to compare it with sick days.

Jason afternoon.

I don’t think Phone intended to make a comparison. He is saying that both the scaffolder and your action lacks integrity and reeks dishonesty. So just because larceny is far worse, it doesn’t mean you calling sick to handle personal business is right. You did mention allyuh was short staffed not so? So while you out and about, your colleagues get more overloaded and tax payers are being further inconvenienced.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 18th, 2023, 12:40 pm

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:

Jason afternoon.

I don’t think Phone intended to make a comparison. He is saying that both the scaffolder and your action lacks integrity and reeks dishonesty. So just because larceny is far worse, it doesn’t mean you calling sick to handle personal business is right. You did mention allyuh was short staffed not so? So while you out and about, your colleagues get more overloaded and tax payers are being further inconvenienced.
Say what you will max, everybody needs a break now then from the plantations. Wuk doh dead but ppl do.I rather take a mental day vs touching ppl money.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 18th, 2023, 12:41 pm

Allyuh doh start ah next forum fite again plz.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » March 18th, 2023, 2:47 pm

The story has holes in it, it is simply impossible to withdraw that amount of money at the ATM over a two week period. The max daily limit at any bank locally is 10k per day in ATM withdrawals. The math not mathsing

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 18th, 2023, 2:57 pm

A total of $600,501 in cash was allegedly recovered at his home. Stupid mistake ,greed got the better of him and that will sink him. He knew exactly what he was doing. The bank would have contacted him they don't just rush to fraud squad because they don't want the bad publicity, he probably decided he not paying them back a cent so take the jail

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 18th, 2023, 7:00 pm

Honestly there are alot of stupid people in the world. It have some people in this very thread who stupid enough for 10 ppl

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 18th, 2023, 7:10 pm

hover11 wrote:A total of $600,501 in cash was allegedly recovered at his home. Stupid mistake ,greed got the better of him and that will sink him. He knew exactly what he was doing. The bank would have contacted him they don't just rush to fraud squad because they don't want the bad publicity, he probably decided he not paying them back a cent so take the jail

X3000.

Jail he scampish mc

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 19th, 2023, 1:09 pm

hover11 wrote:It just speaks volumes of the level of integrity within the population. Can't be raising your children not to come home with other children's belongings but adults see it fit to take money that they didn't earn on another hand.

walk with yuh integrity to massy an see if you can buy anyting with it nah

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 19th, 2023, 1:10 pm

MaxPower wrote:
hover11 wrote:A total of $600,501 in cash was allegedly recovered at his home. Stupid mistake ,greed got the better of him and that will sink him. He knew exactly what he was doing. The bank would have contacted him they don't just rush to fraud squad because they don't want the bad publicity, he probably decided he not paying them back a cent so take the jail

X3000.

Jail he scampish mc

if that money did go into a sabga or elias or a 1% you would neva hear a thing about it. them bank is the scamp.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 19th, 2023, 1:28 pm

The bank didn't lose any money here because the bank money insured, so this guy making a jail and getting a record for something that could have been avoided if he just co-operated but he chose the smartman approach

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 19th, 2023, 11:52 pm

Depends - where I work if you had to unexpectedly take a day off because of the hassle of doing inspection or other business at LO or other similar errands that should have taken a couple hours the HR person by me actually tell me to take a sick day instead of a personal day as personal days have to be applied for in advance. But if you not anticipating needing a whole day off u won't do that so I actually doh have a choice.

If I am anticipating needing a whole day off then I will apply for the personal day in advance.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » March 20th, 2023, 12:53 am

all this integrity talk....

someone died recently in my family....a friend of the deceased made a call to a friend of his working in the bank and got all the details of the deceased financials....EVERY detail !!!! He even boasted he can get that information on anyone anytime through the same source.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 20th, 2023, 1:00 am

Too much system abuse.

A sick day is for exactly what it is.

Saltbae
Street 2NR

Postby Saltbae » March 20th, 2023, 4:09 am

MaxPower wrote:Too much system abuse.

A sick day is for exactly what it is.

Or come in the country the right way. Apply and wait until you get permission to come in

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 20th, 2023, 6:40 am

redmanjp wrote:

Depends - where I work if you had to unexpectedly take a day off because of the hassle of doing inspection or other business at LO or other similar errands that should have taken a couple hours the HR person by me actually tell me to take a sick day instead of a personal day as personal days have to be applied for in advance. But if you not anticipating needing a whole day off u won't do that so I actually doh have a choice.

If I am anticipating needing a whole day off then I will apply for the personal day in advance.
Them dont know about that , where if you only have sick days /vacation days. I not using my vacation days to do business. So the system in itself causes the employee to basically lie because truth is you not sick bit you can't apply for a vacation because it has to be approved beforehand....

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 20th, 2023, 6:53 am

hover11 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

Them dont know about that , where if you only have sick days /vacation days. I not using my vacation days to do business. So the system in itself causes the employee to basically lie because truth is you not sick bit you can't apply for a vacation because it has to be approved beforehand....

And some places have min vaca days you can apply for

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 20th, 2023, 8:13 am

Some things just not worth the headache bai

banks esp have very good record keeping and paper trails , you ain't gonna get away unless you work on the system and know the loopholes, and even then you still might get caught from other auditors

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 20th, 2023, 8:33 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:Some things just not worth the headache bai

banks esp have very good record keeping and paper trails , you ain't gonna get away unless you work on the system and know the loopholes, and even then you still might get caught from other auditors
He thought he stole from a parlor or a rumshop

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 20th, 2023, 9:02 am

daring dragoon wrote:if i go to deposit a 50k in the bank them want to know all my business as to wey i get my money that i want to put in my account. if i want to withdraw my money it is the same question as they want to know why i taking out my money. if he find 30 million in he account it is he one. how can one withdraw 900000 in an atm.?

See this, I does take real issue with this.
Went to draw down on one of my accounts recently, teller left to get some supervisor/manager/whatever, who then had the balls to ask me what is the reason for such a large cash withdrawal, and proceed to say that he doesn't recommend I do it, and that i should reconsider.

The response he get that morning, he will NEVER make that mistake again. Basically told him, mind fowl, or the child he gyul make and tell him is he own, not my business, and if my withdrawal of some of my money is a problem, I would solve the issue by closing the account entirely and done, taking it all in cash elsewhere.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”