Forums

The LGBTQ/Pride Debate Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

antlind
Riding on 17's

Re: Adidas Pride!

Postby antlind » May 20th, 2023, 2:45 pm

If that is the kinda model ADIDAS want to promote we have to find a new meaning for the ADIDAS acronym.
All
Day
I
Dream
About
Sex
Just doesn’t apply anymore.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 22nd, 2023, 8:02 am

paid_influencer wrote:well I not jared. I donno where jared gone but I will speak up. I support CAISO and I support LGTBQ+ acceptance.

but that aside, I could care less what publicity stunt Adidas have going on. I find that picture bizarre and honestly off-putting but it is a free country and if that picture is how they want to brand, more power to them. It is not my business.

I will say this tho: plenty of the people that going HARD HARD on anti-LGTBQ+ sentiments are conservatives and religious fundies. They claim to be caring about the rights of women and girls but lewwe be real forking real. BE REAL BE REAL. them conservatives and religious fundamentalists is some of the nastiest, stinkest man around. some of them publically advocate for child marriage, still, to this day. women's reproductive rights, nada from them, ban contraception by papal decree. sex education so children not making children, nah, too radical for them. women husband beat she, well them hadda work it out, pundit hide it quiet, not to discuss that in public.

and the average trini not much better. I does walk the street and see how women get cat called and harassed in the street. I get young females working alongside me sometimes and a setta old stink men that could be them father tackling. constant tackling from all man when the women just there to learn and do her job. then them same women have to take public transport, deal with nastiness all the way home and back and at home it ent so rosy most of the time.

what I saying if we really interested in protected women/girls, the lgtbq+ segment ent the ones really causing the problems. is the "mainstream" nastiness that the biggest anti-lgtbq voices quiet like mouse about

Low testosterone really shape your thoughts and opinions dawg :lol:

This is the San Fransisco Gay Men's Choir. They made a song saying they're coming for our children which is a funny joke directed towards the conservative crowd.....

EXCEPT

When a background check on the men was done, a significant portion of them turned out to be pedos.....

Dawg pls get on the right side of history here. Stop making it easier for pedos to diddle kids.

Slippery Slopes exist.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 22nd, 2023, 10:22 am

And the tales of the "girls" with peeneses beating up the real girls in sports continues.

But I guess we are not supposed / allowed to discuss this because it will never be an issue in good old T&T.

Trans high school runner boasts about new personal best to finish 2nd place in girls' race costing female athlete a spot in the California state finals amid furious backlash over rules

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... inals.html

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 22nd, 2023, 2:16 pm

wtmc with that gay choir story, creepy af but it turns out some of them was singing d truth , i bet they will its a joke & they have changed their evil ways blah blah

& yea setta shameless "men" who couldnt win nothin in male sports but jes jumpin in female sports advantaging them all how then boasting about it ... setta wicked low lives

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 23rd, 2023, 8:00 am

Rovin wrote:wtmc with that gay choir story, creepy af but it turns out some of them was singing d truth , i bet they will its a joke & they have changed their evil ways blah blah

& yea setta shameless "men" who couldnt win nothin in male sports but jes jumpin in female sports advantaging them all how then boasting about it ... setta wicked low lives

yeah dawg, idk how people not seeing this.

This man grow out he hair and started calling himself a woman, then entered the women's division in swimming and just decimated everyone :lol:

Men are the best at everything it seems, even women's sports :wink:

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 23rd, 2023, 11:22 am

SOUTHPARK had an episode about a guy dominating womens sports ...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 23rd, 2023, 11:32 am

yeah i agree that is a firetruck up scene where men entering womens sports

that shouldnt be allowed

better yuh have a transgender category on its own

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 23rd, 2023, 11:39 am

small man juzzy had caused a lil drama recently ..... :|

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 23rd, 2023, 11:41 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:yeah i agree that is a firetruck up scene where men entering womens sports

that shouldnt be allowed

better yuh have a transgender category on its own

They don't want that, they want to be considered as the gender they identify with. Which is ludicrous.

Taking estrogen does not make you a woman, it just makes you an effeminate man.
Taking testosterone does not make you a man, it just makes you a butch woman.

But this is what happens when you give 'woke' people an inch, they take a mile....

Remember in the early 2000's all they wanted was to get married, that's all they wanted....

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 23rd, 2023, 12:03 pm

Well just because it reach ridiculousness now doesn't mean they shouldn't have been afforded their rights in the the beginning. And it's a whole alphabet of different communities so can't group them all in one.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 23rd, 2023, 12:14 pm

They tried (and failed) to cancel Dave Chappelle for saying basically the same thing. If anyone listens to his whole stand-up on that, anyone would see that he vehemently supports trans rights and etc., but we reach the stage in tik-tok society where some people think that any discussion at all is hate speech and feelings toward them.

It's also where JK Rowling is coming from where she thinks that trans-females are pushing boundaries into the women's rights movements over factors such as these that negates the entire franchise that women have fought for over the last century. I don't agree with Rowling fully especially how she deliberately uses certain words and phrases as a seemingly campaign of hatred and discord toward trans community and ostracize them even more by the ignorant bigots who are just waiting for dog whistles. Billionaires wield immense power in society and on policy.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 23rd, 2023, 1:12 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Well just because it reach ridiculousness now doesn't mean they shouldn't have been afforded their rights in the the beginning. And it's a whole alphabet of different communities so can't group them all in one.

So what would have been your plan to keep this from happening?

How to keep a child from becoming obese if you let them have ice cream for dinner once a week?
It's just one day out of the whole week, can't be bad right? He wouldn't ask for more days right?

Slippery Slopes exist.

I was pro gay rights back in the day btw, now I see what it has become, what it always was.... Degeneracy.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 23rd, 2023, 2:00 pm

Everything you all are discussing is exactly what was being discussed in the previously mumforded thread.

I heard Tony Lee ask the question this morning - How come you don't get transgender males competing in male races?

Because they know they will lose.

Adding a preenis to your exterior does not make you a man and vice versa. But we are supposed to ignore that reality and go with a false narrative.

Call a spade a spade with this and you can end up in all kinds of problems.

Who are the real bullies in trans row?

It's a grossly hypocritical feature of the militant trans lobby that in pursuit of their own rights they are willing to trample over everyone else's.

Anyone daring to point out the obvious differences between those who were born female and those who weren't but identify as such can expect instant retribution.

Just look at the hideous campaign of vilification against JK Rowling for suggesting only biological women have wombs. Or philosophy professor Kathleen Stock, hounded out of her job for her belief that trans women shouldn't be allowed access to female-only spaces.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-row.html

Meanwhile in Scotland:

Children as young as 12 CAN consent to puberty blockers, Scottish watchdog tells childcare workers: Whistleblower blasts guidance as 'a significant failure of safeguarding'

Scotland's social care watchdog has said children as young as 12 should be allowed to consent to trans-affirming medical care - including puberty blockers.

The advice doled out by the Care Inspectorate has already raised eyebrows following concerns about the ethics of childhood transition - with more detransitioners coming forward.

The guidance recommends staff should use children's preferred pronouns and chosen names, as well as refer them to the Sandyford Clinic, The Telegraph reports.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... dance.html
Last edited by bluefete on May 23rd, 2023, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 23rd, 2023, 2:05 pm

wha i guh say...blue and ruff could be the change we need to stop this debauchery

how allyuh gonna do it ? join more local forums under anonymous names and copy and paste and complain?

make fb pages against them

rally for allyuh cause.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 23rd, 2023, 2:11 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:wha i guh say...blue and ruff could be the change we need to stop this debauchery

how allyuh gonna do it ? join more local forums under anonymous names and copy and paste and complain?

make fb pages against them

rally for allyuh cause.

You do know that Scotiabank asks you what is your preferred gender when being interviewed right? Also, in business correspondence now, people are putting their preferred pronouns after their names. I glad I old , oui.

Anyways, Phone Surgeon, my biggest problem is when these concepts are deliberately targetted at children.

I had an interesting discussion with someone from the alphabet community recently, who is one of the more militant. Person said that the majority must bend to the will of the minority.

When the time comes, we will know what to do.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 23rd, 2023, 2:12 pm

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. ' George Orwell

This is exactly what is happening in our world today. Speak truth and u are vilified. Because the rest of society or 'woke' society is accepting something else as their 'truth'.

and they say 'well why does it bother you'? because truth matters! because eventually when they decide to weaponize the law and force everyone to use certain pronouns against what we know as truth under penalty of fines, jail, getting fired, etc it will certainly matter, even for those who initially supported LGBT rights.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 23rd, 2023, 2:19 pm

redmanjp wrote:'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. ' George Orwell

This is exactly what is happening in our world today. Speak truth and u are vilified. Because the rest of society or 'woke' society is accepting something else as their 'truth'.

Even here on tuner this happens! Well said.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 23rd, 2023, 2:49 pm

bluefete wrote:
I had an interesting discussion with someone from the alphabet community recently, who is one of the more militant. Person said that the majority must bend to the will of the minority.

Muslims see it the same way.

and Afros as well. everything is repatriation and amends and cancel culture if you dont agree with what they say

weekend the fb page "newsauce" put up a post showing that the building that houses dianes tea shop was for sale, now anyone with sense to read would know that that place changed ownership, the new owners arent the type of people the original hate was aimed at, and thats its the BUILDING being sold and not the teashop closing down......

but the hundreds of people cheering and happy and saying good riddance and cancelled and well done......

another win for BLM...in their minds

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 23rd, 2023, 3:35 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
bluefete wrote:

Muslims see it the same way.

and Afros as well. everything is repatriation and amends and cancel culture if you dont agree with what they say

weekend the fb page "newsauce" put up a post showing that the building that houses dianes tea shop was for sale, now anyone with sense to read would know that that place changed ownership, the new owners arent the type of people the original hate was aimed at, and thats its the BUILDING being sold and not the teashop closing down......

but the hundreds of people cheering and happy and saying good riddance and cancelled and well done......

another win for BLM...in their minds

That Dianne's tea shop thing mild.

In the aftermath of the 2020 elections the sauce and crew had an attorney in St Joseph sending out letters to employers under the ambit of the EOC laws basically seeking ppl being fired. They were seeking out anyone they think posted something offensive on social media and then twisting it to a racial angle to be able to cite the EOC law.

Also after the local BLM protest here the sauce herself had a list of companies and products to boycott based on who said "All Lives Matter". In the Oppresion Olympics I don't think anyone can beat back the Sauce and Saucettes.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 23rd, 2023, 3:49 pm

This is the thing

Society was slowly getting better, and less violent eh, we was slowly becoming a 'utopia'. Then the Social Justice crowd kept asking for more and more to the point BLM started having riots because a known junkie got choked out....

Even Jordan Neely now, Man had 40 sumn prior cases and died as a result of being subdued after posing a threat to others.....and people STILL sided with him.

Can't win with them. Best to not give them an inch in the first place. Sad to say.

If you give in to a child throwing a tantrum, they'll throw more tantrums.
*coughbeethamcough*

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 23rd, 2023, 5:19 pm

Now Target gets it.

Target holds ‘emergency’ meeting over LGBTQ merchandise in Southern stores
By Brian Flood, Fox News
May 23, 2023 2:07pm

Some Southern Target stores were forced by the corporation to move LGBTQ Pride merchandise away from the front of their locations after customer “outrage” to avoid a “Bud Light situation.”

Many Target locations across the country feature massive June Pride month displays on an annual basis, with items this year ranging from “tuck friendly” bathing suits for transgender people to mugs that say “gender fluid.”

But the retail juggernaut has been criticized by some conservatives for the displays, with children’s items particularly irking many customers. “What @Target is doing is far worse than anything Bud Light did,” The Daily Wire commentator Matt Walsh said.

“They are selling chest binders and ‘tuck-friendly’ bathing suits for children.”

Social media users were outraged over Target’s “tuck-friendly” bathing suits for minors.

Target has labeled some tags “tuck friendly” on bathing suits for transgender people.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/targets-t ... ntroversy/
https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/target-ho ... rn-stores/

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 23rd, 2023, 6:03 pm

if it selling, who is me to say it wrong

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 23rd, 2023, 6:11 pm

https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/target-ce ... ott-calls/

Target CEO defends LGBTQ-friendly kids clothing amid boycott calls: ‘The right thing for society’
By Ariel Zilber
May 23, 2023

Target’s top executive dismissed the social media uproar over the retailer’s new line of LGBTQ-friendly kids clothing, saying that marketing the products are good for business and “the right thing for society.”

Outraged shoppers posted videos and images on social media showing bathing suits that offer “extra crotch coverage” as well as rainbow-colored onesies for infants and children.

On Fortune’s “Leadership Next” podcast last week, Target CEO Brian Cornell was asked about the backlash to “woke” capitalism, which has also engulfed iconic beer brand Bud Light as well as entertainment giant Disney.

“I think those are just good business decisions, and it’s the right thing for society, and it’s the great thing for our brand,” Cornell said.

“The things we’ve done from a DE&I [diversity, equity, and inclusion] standpoint, it’s adding value,” Cornell said.

“It’s helping us drive sales, it’s building greater engagement with both our teams and our guests, and those are just the right things for our business today.”

A spokesperson for the company told the Associated Press that the “tuck-friendly” swimsuits are only offered in adult sizes and that the kids’ collection does not feature the label.

“When we think about purpose at Target, it’s really about helping all the families, and that ‘all’ word is really important,” Cornell said.

Target CEO Brian Cornell shrugged off concerns about “woke” capitalism in a recent podcast interview.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 23rd, 2023, 6:39 pm

^ they are checking all the DEI boxes. it's kinda like a social credit system- some big banks are other entities rate companies based on these things. dont do it and your business suffers in one way or another.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 23rd, 2023, 6:44 pm

bluefete wrote:“When we think about purpose at Target, it’s really about helping all the families, and that ‘all’ word is really important,” Cornell said.

100% on point

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 23rd, 2023, 7:39 pm

Anheuser Busch sucked up to the trans and still lost their LGBTQ rating

The cult demands 100% compliance at all times

redmanjp wrote:^ they are checking all the DEI boxes. it's kinda like a social credit system- some big banks are other entities rate companies based on these things. dont do it and your business suffers in one way or another.
IMG_20230523_193901.jpg

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 23rd, 2023, 9:37 pm

It is all about the money, people. Only about the money!

BTW - That $1.1 Billion is a mistake.

What some marketers call the "pink dollar" is worth an estimated $917 billion annually to businesses.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gay-pride- ... nd-beyond/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/conormurra ... 5cf24876d0

LGBTQ Culture Wars Increasingly Target Companies—And Nike, Adidas And Ford Are Only The Latest
Conor Murray
Forbes Staff
May 20, 2023

BIG NUMBER
$3.9 trillion. That’s the estimated annual purchasing power of the global LGBTQ community, according to corporate advisory and asset management group LGBT Capital. The United States is estimated to account for $1.1 billion of this total.

After Bud Light came under fire from far-right pundits and social media users for a brief partnership with trans TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney, critics seem to be seizing the momentum and are piling on many more companies for advertising campaigns that reach out to the LGBTQ community, in some cases recirculating promotions that are years old, branding the companies as “woke” and calling for boycotts.

Bud Light faced boycotts and a dip in sales after it sent TikTok star Dylan Mulvaney, known for documenting her gender transition to her 10 million followers, a customized can with her face on it on April 1, with high-profile critics including musicians Kid Rock, Travis Tritt and John Rich and pundits Ben Shapiro and Candace Owens.

Amid the Bud Light controversy, Tritt and other critics dug up a two-year-old Jack Daniels marketing campaign featuring drag performers from RuPaul’s Drag Race.

Another Mulvaney collaborator, Nike, was condemned by Olympic athletes Sharron Davies and Caitlyn Jenner for its marketing campaign in which Mulvaney modeled leggings and sports bras.

A months-old Miller Lite commercial for Women’s History Month, in which actress and comedian Ilana Glazer promotes the company’s commitment to recycling old advertisements it deems sexist to create fertilizer to brew more beer, resurfaced in mid-May and caught the attention of Joe Rogan and Shapiro, who slammed “identity politics” (Molson Coors forcefully defended the campaign, stating there is nothing “remotely controversial” about it).

Critics jumped on Adidas for a trans-inclusive swimwear marketing campaign, including Davies, a frequent critic of transgender women participating in women’s sports, who tweeted the hashtag #AdidasHatesWomen.

Starbucks debuted an ad in India last week depicting a father reconciling his relationship with his trans daughter, which some labeled sweet and “groundbreaking,” though it attracted criticism from Shapiro and other commentators.

Critics including conservative pundit Dave Rubin recirculated a two-year-old campaign from Ford, who in response to internet trolls built the “Very Gay Raptor,” a Ranger Raptor car adorned with rainbow colors that has appeared in promotional materials and at pride events.

The Los Angeles Dodgers came under fire from some Catholics, including advocacy group CatholicVoice, and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) after it planned to honor The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, a charity that raises money for LGBTQ causes and performs in in drag dressed as nuns, at Pride Night, causing the Dodgers to uninvite the Sisters to the outrage of the Dodgers’ other LGBTQ partner groups.

Target—which releases an extensive Pride collection every year—attracted some social media criticism, including from Megyn Kelly and Shapiro, for selling trans-inclusive swimwear.

KEY BACKGROUND
These controversies follow a slew of legislation and protests targeting the LGBTQ community in recent months. The ACLU has identified 482 bills introduced in state legislatures this year as anti-LGBTQ, including many that seek to limit gender-affirming care for transgender youth and education of gender and sexuality in schools.

Drag performers have also come under attack as some states move to ban or limit drag performances in public spaces and outraged conservatives protest outside Drag Story Hour events.

CHIEF CRITICS
The various boycott efforts have been ridiculed by some celebrities and social media users. Country singer Zach Bryan criticized Tritt’s boycott of Bud Light on Twitter, stating: “I just think insulting transgender people is completely wrong because we live in a country where we can all just be who we want to be.” Radio host Howard Stern said he was “dumbfounded” by the Bud Light backlash and questioned why Kid Rock and Tritt would find the Dylan Mulvaney ad hurtful.

The Guardian columnist Arwa Mahdawi criticized the backlash to the Miller Lite ad and considered it a “targeted harassment and intimidation campaign” against company marketing executives whose personal details and social media profiles were reportedly dug up by angered conservatives.

After the Bud Light controversy picked up steam, some social media users posted videos of themselves throwing away unopened cans of beer—but others pointed out they’ve already purchased the beer and given Bud Light their money.

When Shapiro accused Starbucks of “exporting the transness to India,” some pointed out India has had a concept of a third gender—known as “hijra”—for thousands of years, enshrined in law since 2014, though hijras face discrimination in society.

CONTRA
Corporations have also previously faced criticism from supporters of the LGBTQ community for their Pride Month outreach, sometimes critically dubbing it “rainbow capitalism.” Companies have been criticized for making small, symbolic gestures—like changing their logos to rainbow colors during June—while donating money to anti-LGBTQ causes or politicians.

BIG NUMBER
$3.9 trillion. That’s the estimated annual purchasing power of the global LGBTQ community, according to corporate advisory and asset management group LGBT Capital. The United States is estimated to account for $1.1 billion of this total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 24th, 2023, 6:58 am

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/targ ... 11420.html

Target pulls some LGBTQ merchandise from stores ahead of Pride month after threats to workers

ANNE D'INNOCENZIO
Tue, May 23, 2023 at 6:24 PM AST

NEW YORK (AP) — Target declined to say which items it was removing but among the ones that garnered the most attention were “tuck friendly” women’s swimsuits that allow trans women who have not had gender-affirming operations to conceal their private parts. Designs by Abprallen, a London-based company that designs and sells occult- and satanic-themed LGBTQ clothing and accessories, have also created backlash.

Target’s Pride month collection has also been the subject of several misleading videos in recent weeks, with social media users falsely claiming the retailer is selling “tuck-friendly” bathing suits designed for kids or in kids’ sizes.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 24th, 2023, 7:26 am

An absorbing read.

Credit to Phone Surgeon for asking the question.

Sorry Rovin: No Cliffs. You have to read this one right through.

Typical Trinbagonians will say - as long as it does not bother me, I don't care! But the infiltration has already started.

There's a new type of cultural mafia in town. If we don't stand up to them, free speech will cease to exist
By SARAH VINE FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 21:46 BST, 23 May 2023

Let me tell you a story. I knew an old man once, in Italy, who used to work for a management consultancy firm.

It was the early 1980s, a few years after one of the terrible earthquakes that periodically hit the country. Money came pouring in, via an international relief fund.

He was dispatched to visit a remote part of the disaster zone to check progress on reconstruction work that was taking place, funded by donations. But when he got there, there was nothing. Just dust and ruins. He went back to his hotel and rang head office, asking for clarification. They told him to wait for further instructions.

Eventually someone called back. He must have been mistaken, they said. Perhaps, suggested the caller, he should try again. Look more closely. This puzzled him. He was sure he'd gone to the right place, but nevertheless agreed to drive out again the next day, just to double check.

When he got there the following morning, a car was waiting for him. A well-dressed gentlemen got out and greeted him by name. 'So glad you could come to witness our progress,' he said, gesturing at the cracked ground. Then he reached into his inside jacket pocket just enough for the man to catch a glimpse of the .38 snub-nose Special nestling in its leather holster — and offered him a cigarette.

If what you say or believe runs counter to their beliefs, they will come for you. Not in an open and honest way, not by engaging in a debate, or attempting to challenge you intellectually, but by means of intimidation

My old friend accepted. He thanked the stranger, got back in his car — and drove away as fast as he could. Back at his hotel, he filed his report. All in order. Nothing to see here.

This may sound like the opening scene to a Martin Scorsese film, but trust me, it's a true story. Not just of corruption, but also of fear — and how fear can very quickly throw our moral compass off balance. People will do or say anything when there's a gun to their head.

We like to kid ourselves we live in more civilised times, but the truth is these days we all have that metaphorical gun to our heads. There is a new kind of cultural mafia in town, one that styles itself as kind and caring and compassionate and socially sophisticated — but which is, in fact, just as ruthless, just as determined, to bend us to its will.

Every day, in all sorts of ways, they make us offers we can't refuse, and we find ourselves being asked to say and think things that are manifestly not true.

And so we agree that women can have peenises (Lib Dem leader Ed Davey maintained in a radio interview on LBC today that this was 'quite clear'). And that men can give birth. We applaud as people with thighs like tree-trunks and Adam's apples accept first prize in female sporting competitions, dwarfing their exhausted and bemused rivals.

We do our best not to flinch as biological males get paid untold sums to advertise tampons and sports bras. We stand back as children are given puberty-blocking hormones and encouraged to mutilate their bodies. We allow convicted rapists to inveigle themselves into women's prisons.

We watch in silence as those whose views or behaviours don't comply with the dogma of the impeccably woke are defenestrated, their words and actions twisted out of all proportion.

We nod as our books and plays and comedy sketches are re-written, excised of nuance, purged of meaningful, thoughtful, original or — God forbid — humorous content. We accept our history being re-written out of context and time, sacrifice our heroes to the modern cult of victimhood and blame.

They will undermine your reputation, cast you as a monster, unleash the mob

What else can we do? We see the threat, take the hint, keep our heads down. We play the game. Not because we want to, but because we have to. We've seen what happens to those who don't, and it's not pretty. Most people can't afford to lose their jobs, their livelihoods, their reputations.

When the woke mafia comes for you, they mean business, helped by the fact that they have skilfully infiltrated pretty much every institution in the land. Schools, universities, arts organisations, public bodies, the civil service, the law, medicine, certain sectors of the media. You name it, they own it. Or if they don't, they know someone who does.

And you never quite know who they are, which one of your colleagues or friends is going to be the one taking notes, recording your mistakes, totting up your infractions. They are the smiling assassins, the ones who cry discrimination, all the while singling out their targets for elimination.

If what you say or believe runs counter to their beliefs, they will come for you. Not in an open and honest way, not by engaging in a debate, or attempting to challenge you intellectually, but by means of intimidation. They will undermine your reputation, cast you as a monster, unleash the mob.

Home Secretary Suella Braverman, Dominic Raab, the late Queen's lady-in-waiting Susan Hussey, JK Rowling . . . the list is endless. Their latest target is Baroness Falkner, chair of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, a woman whose only 'fault', as far as I can see, was backing legal reforms guarding the rights of biological women in single-sex spaces.

Isn't it because of her stance — one shared by many women, including myself — that she has been targeted by the woke mob? Her ideology runs counter to theirs, and so she must be removed.

Their latest target is Baroness Falkner (pictured), chair of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, a woman whose only 'fault', as far as I can see, was backing legal reforms guarding the rights of biological women in single-sex spaces

A series of derogatory allegations has been made, in most cases rather vague ones seemingly designed not so much to indict her of any specific crime, as to defame her character.

Falkner is being accused of 'bullying, harassment and discrimination', and of 'politicisation'. In similar vein, they tried to defame Braverman earlier this year after she visited Rwanda to discuss plans to send migrants there — by photoshopping her image onto a picture of the railway tracks leading to Auschwitz.

As I far as I can tell, Baroness Falkner is the victim of all of the above simply for daring to push back against the dogma that biological sex does not exist. Had she given in to this fantasy — and I'm afraid it is a fantasy — you can be certain she would not find herself in the dock.

Likewise, if Braverman had simply given up trying to find a way to curb immigration, no one would give two hoots about her speeding fine.

It takes courage to stand up to the mob, and not everyone has it. Not everyone has Rowling's deep pockets, or Braverman's thick skin. Not everyone can cope with having their reputation destroyed, their livelihoods stolen, their words and actions twisted beyond measure. Especially when, as in the case of Falkner, she is simply trying to safeguard vulnerable women in places such as prisons and hospital wards.

But the truth is that if we don't follow her example, and stand up to the threats of the woke mob, none of us will be safe. Freedom of expression will cease to exist, and we will have no choice but to believe what we are told, regardless of the reality staring us in the face.

Meaningful debate will be silenced, and we will be like my old friend standing in the earthquake zone, staring at the dust and ruins — and watching his integrity go up in smoke.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... exist.html

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 24th, 2023, 9:04 am

I know we all went through an edgy phase where we were athiest/agnostic and making fun of religious fanatics an ting

But we honestly have to admit that religion used to keep people in line at least.

There's a sweet spot, and we overshot that long ago.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”