Forums

The LGBTQ/Pride Debate Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

The LGBTQ/Pride Debate Take 2

Postby bluefete » May 18th, 2023, 6:26 pm

'Stop gaslighting women': Ex-Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies slams Adidas for an 'assault on being female' after it used biologically male model with hairy chest and bulging crotch for its women's swimwear line in Pride collection backed by Tom Daley
By MARK DUELL
PUBLISHED: 15:56 BST, 18 May 2023 | UPDATED: 19:22 BST, 18 May 2023

A biologically male model with hairy chest and bulging crotch is modelling the new swimsuit

Adidas is facing a boycott after it used a biologically male model with a hairy chest and bulging crotch to promote a women's swimsuit in its 'Pride 2023' collection.

The sportswear brand has provoked fury for its 'mockery' of women over the advert for the £50 item which forms part of its campaign to 'uphold inclusive values'.

Riley Gaines has demanded athletes boycott Adidas after the sports giant used two biological men to advertise a women's swimwear range in their Pride 2023 collection.

Adidas is the target of the latest backlash against 'woke marketing' after being accused of 'erasing women'.

The swimsuit range is part of Adidas's 'Pride 2023' collection - dubbed 'Let Love Be Your Legacy' - and is for sale for $70 on the website in the women's section.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... g-costume/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... dvert.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mwear.html

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Adidas Pride!

Postby Les Bain » May 18th, 2023, 9:41 pm

Can't find black & white Stan Smiths anymore, but I can get a mankini if I wake up feeling cute one day. Nice priorities.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » May 19th, 2023, 2:25 am

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » May 19th, 2023, 7:21 am

BIG
LONG
WATERY
STEEEEUUUUUPPPPPSSSSSSSS

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 19th, 2023, 7:39 am

Watery?! Oh my.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 19th, 2023, 7:43 am

I remember in 2008,

They just wanted marriage rights....

Slippery slopes don't exist guys, it's a myth.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 19th, 2023, 7:49 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:I remember in 2008,

Mega corporations don't care. They have analysts run the numbers and being inclusive is more profitable in this social climate.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » May 19th, 2023, 7:54 am

May they go the way of bud light lol.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 19th, 2023, 8:43 am

teems1 wrote:
ruffneck_12 wrote:I remember in 2008,

Mega corporations don't care. They have analysts run the numbers and being inclusive is more profitable in this social climate.

Nuh really nah, the new motto these days is :Go woke Go broke

Because
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
meccalli wrote:May they go the way of bud light lol.

Bud light stock price actually plummeted since may 4th when the whole tranny thing happened, so the same would happen to adidias.
Same thing happened to gilette and disney too.

So idk who advising them that this gonna generate revenue when it has almost always done the exact opposite.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 19th, 2023, 8:47 am

They're already in hot water with their Kanye Spaceboots, guess they took a fukitol overdose and now pissing into the wind.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 19th, 2023, 9:45 am

And its not even June yet!!

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 19th, 2023, 10:57 am

defug is dat ting

OP they go delete yuh thread inno - seems like they does fraid to have\avoid dem kinda issues on here ...

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 19th, 2023, 11:49 am

Why is this news. Why must you post this here, is Mc attention you looking for?

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » May 19th, 2023, 12:02 pm

^^It's news cause 2 versions of diversity and inclusion ago it would have been a black woman with the same body type (minus p0n0s) to show that white breasty women is no longer the beauty standard.

Then the body type was updated to morbidly obese black women.

Now the diversity and inclusion bodytype is a trini gunman/remand yard girlfriend.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 19th, 2023, 12:10 pm

matix wrote:Why is this news. Why must you post this here, is Mc attention you looking for?

soon the madness will come right here in T&T. yuh know what CAISO up to? i sure sooner or later if they succeed if u use the wrong pronoun they will make sure u get fired from your job or fined.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 19th, 2023, 12:16 pm

Tbh bluefete does usually post random articles from around the net but I go 'low him this time

Because as redmanjp said, it really coming down here soon.... There is already Womantra and an LGTV movement here.

SLippery slopes lead downhill. The first step downhill has been tooken already.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 19th, 2023, 1:14 pm

Rovin: You will very well remember that there are mods here who do not want this to be a discussion because they are all in favour of it. Remember how they mumforded a particular thread.

Well now Adidas has come out in full support of this and that makes it newsworthy and more.

I don't like this anymore than most of you but people need to be aware of what is happening.

I read an article on CAISO and someone saying that their goal is to "FORCE" T&T to accept this.

Who want to hide their heads in the sand, that is their business. The rising sun looks like they will be the first to legalize this if they ever come back into office. Just saying.

Rovin wrote:defug is dat ting

OP they go delete yuh thread inno - seems like they does fraid to have\avoid dem kinda issues on here ...

redmanjp wrote:
matix wrote:Why is this news. Why must you post this here, is Mc attention you looking for?

soon the madness will come right here in T&T. yuh know what CAISO up to? i sure sooner or later if they succeed if u use the wrong pronoun they will make sure u get fired from your job or fined.

ruffneck_12 wrote:Tbh bluefete does usually post random articles from around the net but I go 'low him this time

Because as redmanjp said, it really coming down here soon.... There is already Womantra and an LGTV movement here.

SLippery slopes lead downhill. The first step downhill has been tooken already.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » May 19th, 2023, 1:19 pm

You right about that rising sun part Bluefie

They are woke-leaning, but it's the lesser of two evils here

Best case scenario is to have them clean up the streets and fly d LGTV flag for a 4 years minimum

than to have another 4 years of high murder rates.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 19th, 2023, 1:23 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:You right about that rising sun part Bluefie

They are woke-leaning, but it's the lesser of two evils here

Best case scenario is to have them clean up the streets and fly d LGTV flag for a 4 years minimum

than to have another 4 years of high murder rates.

I have no problem once they don't go the legislative way and pass a set of dumba.. laws to facilitate that agenda.

But just like PNM, I have serious problems with their undercurrents. That is the dangerous part with both parties.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 19th, 2023, 3:04 pm

I don't think anything in the ad illegal, it's just dumb and gross af.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 19th, 2023, 3:05 pm

Why does it bother you if you aren't part of the community though?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » May 19th, 2023, 3:11 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Why does it bother you if you aren't part of the community though?

Big up the people who sheit on it publicly, but when you see their Phub search history yuh eyebrow could scratch yuh back

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 19th, 2023, 3:34 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Why does it bother you if you aren't part of the community though?

I do not know if you have girl children.

Would you be happy if a man in a 2 piece bathing suit and a full blown preenis, is allowed to compete in a swimming race with your little daughter?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 19th, 2023, 3:36 pm

this ad in itself no- but the agenda that is being pushed if they put it into law (e.g. mandatory pronoun use, trans males in female changing rooms and female sports, etc.) then all must follow or else.
Last edited by redmanjp on May 19th, 2023, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 19th, 2023, 3:36 pm

Well realistically it would be a young boy with a penis my daughter same age that she would be competing against ent .

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 19th, 2023, 3:39 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Well realistically it would be a young boy with a penis my daughter same age that she would be competing against ent .

they doing it for all ages bruh- so muscular hard bone bodies competing against softer female bodies and winning at a rate much higher than they would have won competing with the same sex.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 19th, 2023, 6:59 pm

well I not jared. I donno where jared gone but I will speak up. I support CAISO and I support LGTBQ+ acceptance.

but that aside, I could care less what publicity stunt Adidas have going on. I find that picture bizarre and honestly off-putting but it is a free country and if that picture is how they want to brand, more power to them. It is not my business.

I will say this tho: plenty of the people that going HARD HARD on anti-LGTBQ+ sentiments are conservatives and religious fundies. They claim to be caring about the rights of women and girls but lewwe be real forking real. BE REAL BE REAL. them conservatives and religious fundamentalists is some of the nastiest, stinkest man around. some of them publically advocate for child marriage, still, to this day. women's reproductive rights, nada from them, ban contraception by papal decree. sex education so children not making children, nah, too radical for them. women husband beat she, well them hadda work it out, pundit hide it quiet, not to discuss that in public.

and the average trini not much better. I does walk the street and see how women get cat called and harassed in the street. I get young females working alongside me sometimes and a setta old stink men that could be them father tackling. constant tackling from all man when the women just there to learn and do her job. then them same women have to take public transport, deal with nastiness all the way home and back and at home it ent so rosy most of the time.

what I saying if we really interested in protected women/girls, the lgtbq+ segment ent the ones really causing the problems. is the "mainstream" nastiness that the biggest anti-lgtbq voices quiet like mouse about

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 19th, 2023, 7:36 pm

paid_influencer - An interesting perspective and quite true as well.

Fully agree that the religious fundamentalists are the cause of much suffering.

But that does not negate the additional problems caused by the tiny minority who wants laws to be passed so that they can palance like the religious nutcakes .

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 20th, 2023, 11:23 am

i wud like to think d mods\management neutral on d whole about lgbt but wud rather not have its users posting negatives about those ppl so they deleted that whole thread a while back - u never know who is what regarding advertisers, their families\relatives, their employees etc ... i guess its just 1 of those sensitive subjects they wud rather stay out of

:|

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 20th, 2023, 11:30 am

Didn't Adidas recently have to take a HUGE loss over the Yeezy line of shoes? Like $1B USD?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”