TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Tech Thread - Toyota Hilux...D4D and all older models.

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Animal Pak
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Tech Thread - Toyota Hilux...D4D and all older models.

Postby Animal Pak » September 3rd, 2022, 4:10 pm

kamakazi wrote:That feeling you get that your AC feels like its choking you or you want to sneeze... Yeah it is time to change your cabin filter. Mine was properly dirty after the last 30000kms, however in terms of time, the "19" meant that some years had passed before it was changed. My bad for tracking by mileage and not by time.

I was using a Fram fresh breeze filter with activated charcoal, which was purchased online. Recently installed a brand called Denkermann which isn't as dense and allows the blower to pull more air through it at the same settings which translates to more air blown into the cabin.

Link to this?

Mine is due for change and more air in cabin is what I want

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 3rd, 2022, 7:20 pm

I runnin a k&n now
No issues since
I find cabin filter just rel overpriced

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 4th, 2022, 8:24 am

Animal Pak wrote:
kamakazi wrote:That feeling you get that your AC feels like its choking you or you want to sneeze... Yeah it is time to change your cabin filter. Mine was properly dirty after the last 30000kms, however in terms of time, the "19" meant that some years had passed before it was changed. My bad for tracking by mileage and not by time.

I was using a Fram fresh breeze filter with activated charcoal, which was purchased online. Recently installed a brand called Denkermann which isn't as dense and allows the blower to pull more air through it at the same settings which translates to more air blown into the cabin.

Link to this?

It was sold by TK auto in San Fernando for $95

Didn't know K & N made cabin filters

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 4th, 2022, 11:23 am

kamakazi wrote:
Animal Pak wrote:

Link to this?

Yea
They do now
And the good part its, its multi vehicle
So that particular filter fits the vigo and revo hilux, almera/b15, suzuki vitara
And a lot of ppl think its oil based like the engine filter, its not, the filter refresher is a waterbased electrostatic enhancer.
So you can wash and refresh and install without completely drying the filter media.

Animal Pak
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Animal Pak » September 4th, 2022, 12:05 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
kamakazi wrote:
Animal Pak wrote:

Link to this?

Yea
They do now
So that particular filter fits the vigo and revo hilux, almera/b15, suzuki vitara
And a lot of ppl think its oil based like the engine filter, its not, the filter refresher is a waterbased electrostatic enhancer.
So you can wash and refresh and install without completely drying the filter media.

You have a part number for this?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 4th, 2022, 2:36 pm

I'm guessing vf2000 based on my cross reference search

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 4th, 2022, 2:41 pm

Animal Pak wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:
kamakazi wrote:
Animal Pak wrote:

Link to this?

Yea
They do now

You have a part number for this?
kamakazi wrote:I'm guessing vf2000 based on my cross reference search
Yes
That same one vf2000

nick639v2
18 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 12th, 2022, 12:34 pm

PDA fortuner soon to be joining the house. It has less than 100,000kms on the clock (86000 I think). TTTL model diesel

Help me out a bit:
Is it a 1kd?
Any problems lurking in these?
Maintenance preferences?
Keep it or flip it for fast cash?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 12th, 2022, 12:56 pm

nick639v2 wrote:PDA fortuner soon to be joining the house. It has less than 100,000kms on the clock (86000 I think). TTTL model diesel

Help me out a bit:
Is it a 1kd?
Maintenance preferences?

Yes
If its a local, it will be a 1kd-FTV

Problems: usual hilux type problems: warped rotors, fuel gauge, iffy brake lights, alternator pulley, a/c compressor, sweating on tappet cover gasket, EGR build up (if equipped)
But at that mileage/age, you wont have much issues

Maintenance: 15w40 oil of your choice, stick to original filters. In fact, use as much original parts as possible....

Keep or flip? : thats up to you, next ting yuh start driving it and like it...

nick639v2
18 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 12th, 2022, 3:59 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:PDA fortuner soon to be joining the house. It has less than 100,000kms on the clock (86000 I think). TTTL model diesel

Help me out a bit:
Is it a 1kd?
Maintenance preferences?

Yes
If its a local, it will be a 1kd-FTV

Problems: usual hilux type problems: warped rotors, fuel gauge, iffy brake lights, alternator pulley, a/c compressor, sweating on tappet cover gasket, EGR build up (if equipped)
But at that mileage/age, you wont have much issues

Maintenance: 15w40 oil of your choice, stick to original filters. In fact, use as much original parts as possible....

Keep or flip? : thats up to you, next ting yuh start driving it and like it...

No dpf.

Yea that van only see highway and running for minutes on the daily so its in pretty good condition mechanically. Facelifted model as well so it’ll be the replacement for the wifey vitara. Cheers, Thanks

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 12th, 2022, 7:09 pm

Possible sticking VN turbo vanes due to soot.

nick639v2
18 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 19th, 2022, 1:44 pm

*KRONIK* wrote:Keep or flip? : thats up to you, next ting yuh start driving it and like it...

I driving it round but I find this riding real harsh boy, I can’t daily this over the np300 na.

Tyres and rims are oem spec with 30psi, all suspension components original.

Any advice?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 19th, 2022, 3:21 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Keep or flip? : thats up to you, next ting yuh start driving it and like it...

I driving it round but I find this riding real harsh boy, I can’t daily this over the np300 na.

Any advice?
What brand of tires?
Some cheaper tirss does be iffy with the pressures

Also
Take it for a suspension check

Sometimes little things like bad swaybar bushing and/or linkages does have it riding bad.

Or could be shocks on their way out...

Side note: if yuh doh like the van, drop it by me, i go take good care of it....

nick639v2
18 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 19th, 2022, 3:43 pm

Bridgestone dueler ht on it. Suspension get check out already from Toyota, but I feel I’ll give mileage Mack a shout when I in that area for a second opinion.

Gonna start digging in it just now. Lil deck upgrade and k&n next service for it.

Thanks

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 19th, 2022, 6:34 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Bridgestone dueler ht on it. Suspension get check out already from Toyota, but I feel I’ll give mileage Mack a shout when I in that area for a second opinion.

Gonna start digging in it just now. Lil deck upgrade and k&n next service for it.

Thanks

Well thats good tires dey

Yea, get a 2nd opinion

K&N is a nice investment IMO, plenty ppl does get issues, but most times its due to misuse (over-oiling)

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » September 19th, 2022, 7:03 pm

nick639v2 wrote:

Any advice?
Isn't it 29 psi... Not sure how much difference 1 psi can make though

Unsure if Michelin still makes the cross terrain SUV ht tyres... They were the most comfortable tyre I've ever come across.
The maxxis ht 750 or 770 are a close second.

I wouldn't recommend k&n engine air filters... But it is your van and your money. Just hold any k&n filter up to the light and you will see the problem.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”