TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Price Listings for new Pickups

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Price Listings for new Pickups

Postby Capleton » February 15th, 2019, 1:36 pm

pugboy wrote:them colorado are nice and have powa
not too sure about the dealer and getting parts at reasonable prices though
person I know who has one says the dealer been insisting on wheel alignment every service and over $300 each time

You know what u speak of with regard to the power. The alignment may just be the Service Dept trying an up-sell. But lets look at some facts on the Colorado:
- 2.8L Duramax Engine - 200hp & 500nm of torque. More than a Ranger Wildtrak or any other 4x4 in T&T. I'd say that's class leading.
- 800mm wading depth - Same as the Ford Ranger Wildtrak, which also touts this as class leading, the Colorado matches this.
- Both the LT and LTZ models (fully loaded) come with the same engine, 6 speed auto tranny and are 4x4. Also each comes with a touchscreen infotainment (Android Auto and Apple Play)
- LTZ has a lot of nice features like, remote start, rain sensitive wipers, remote power windows, rear view camera, lane departure sensor, parking assist sensors, collision alert sensors and a limited slip differential.
- No Heavy T license required

This model Colorado is specifically built for the international market (outside the USA) and does directly compete with all the other 4x4 brands that we have here in T&T. They are hugely popular in Australia where the same 4x4 is sold under the Holden brand.

In terms of price the last time I checked the LTZ (fully loaded) starts from $279,950!!!! And there is also a deal with free maintenance for a limited time frame. I'd say that is is excellent value and You will be paying close to $100,000 more for a Ranger Wildtrack and yet the Colorado has more features and better power.

I'd encourage ppl to do their own research and then draw a conclusion, but to me I have to agree that this is hands down the best 4x4 on the market in terms of features and price. And NO it does NOT have the same engine as the Dmax!!!

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » February 15th, 2019, 2:23 pm

The Holden, Colorado, DMax, and GMC Canyon bodies and engines were co-developed between GM and Isuzu.

Chevy (RHD) is built in Brazil and Thailand along with Isuzu. Isuzus are also built in a half dozen other countries.

Though the GM uses a 2.8L turbodiesel, it is the same design that the Isuzu used. Isuzu went to 2.5L & 3.0L TD engines that are built on the same assembly lines.
Capleton wrote:
person I know who has one says the dealer been insisting on wheel alignment every service and over $300 each time

You know what u speak of with regard to the power. The alignment may just be the Service Dept trying an up-sell. But lets look at some facts on the Colorado:
- 2.8L Duramax Engine - 200hp & 500nm of torque. More than a Ranger Wildtrak or any other 4x4 in T&T. I'd say that's class leading.
- 800mm wading depth - Same as the Ford Ranger Wildtrak, which also touts this as class leading, the Colorado matches this.
- Both the LT and LTZ models (fully loaded) come with the same engine, 6 speed auto tranny and are 4x4. Also each comes with a touchscreen infotainment (Android Auto and Apple Play)
- LTZ has a lot of nice features like, remote start, rain sensitive wipers, remote power windows, rear view camera, lane departure sensor, parking assist sensors, collision alert sensors and a limited slip differential.

This model Colorado is specifically built for the international market (outside the USA) and does directly compete with all the other 4x4 brands that we have here in T&T. They are hugely popular in Australia where the same 4x4 is sold under the Holden brand.

In terms of price the last time I checked the LTZ (fully loaded) starts from $279,950!!!! And there is also a deal with free maintenance for a limited time frame. I'd say that is is excellent value and You will be paying close to $100,000 more for a Ranger Wildtrack and yet the Colorado has more features and better power.

I'd encourage ppl to do their own research and then draw a conclusion, but to me I have to agree that this is hands down the best 4x4 on the market in terms of features and price. And NO it does NOT have the same engine as the Dmax!!!

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » February 15th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Not disputing the fact that GM and Isuzu co developed engines. I believe all the Duramax engines for the Colorado and Trailblazer are manufactured in the Thailand plant (not sure about Isuzu), but at the end of the day the power output and performance of both engines differ.

"Under the hood, there’s quite a big difference between the two, especially with their capacity and power ratings. The D-MAX is powered by a 3.0L VGS engine that can produce up to 163 hp and 380 Nm of torque. It’s then mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift. On the other hand, the Colorado runs by a smaller 2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel engine, coupled to a 6-speed automatic transmission with Active Select. Ironically though, it has a bigger maximum output of 200 hp and its class-leading 500 Nm of torque.

adnj wrote:The Holden, Colorado, DMax, and GMC Canyon bodies and engines were co-developed between GM and Isuzu.

Chevy (RHD) is built in Brazil and Thailand along with Isuzu. Isuzus are also built in a half dozen other countries.

Though the GM uses a 2.8L turbodiesel, it is the same design that the Isuzu used. Isuzu went to 2.5L & 3.0L TD engines that are built on the same assembly lines.
Capleton wrote:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 15th, 2019, 3:12 pm

What are the fuel economy comparisons though?
All these new fancy variable geometry turbo diesels are usually running at a compromise between fuel economy and performance.
I know somebody who put in a souped up ecu in a navara with vg turbo and it ripping tires like a gas car.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » February 15th, 2019, 3:37 pm

Lewwe put a big tobo in yuh hilux nah!
And a coppa clutch
Deisel fyaz
pugboy wrote:What are the fuel economy comparisons though?
All these new fancy variable geometry turbo diesels are usually running at a compromise between fuel economy and performance.
I know somebody who put in a souped up ecu in a navara with vg turbo and it ripping tires like a gas car.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » February 15th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Capleton wrote:

And powered tailgate . That can drop down automatically.. saw that on one.. anyone know when the ford raptor coming here. If anyone buying one?

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » March 30th, 2019, 7:08 pm

honestly i personally don't see value for money in the colorado - the features are nice but you need to look at resale value, running cost - including maintenance even after warranty expires, availability of parts(locally) - you don't want to have a sensor malfunction and the firm doesn't have any in stock which means your van will be parked waiting for parts to arrive via air-freight. All the other brands including Isuzu - you can source locally. And i think the salesman sums it up for me in Lifestyle - better to stick with the Japanese brands if you want trouble-free van which worries me about the quality.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”