TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Yn85 brake issue

Diesel, Gas, 4x4, 4x2

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forum rules
This forum is for discussions on Trucks and Pickups only!
DO NOT POST ADS IN HERE
WTB (Want to buy), LF (Looking for), EOI (Expression of Interest) or FS (For sale) topics etc will be deleted.
If you are looking for a part please search or post in the Auto Parts Classifieds.
Please keep all discussion professional and technical. Opinions are welcomed, however trolling, spamming and bashing will not be tolerated.
Prince1
Riding on 13's

Yn85 brake issue

Postby Prince1 » December 4th, 2022, 8:25 pm

Hey all,
I have a yn85 4x2 hilux. It however have a crown front spindle. Not sure which modle, since i bought the van, i am having brakes issues. Vibration, squeaking noise, the brakes doesnt hold well and if i slam, the van skates and pull to the left. Changed the rotors, the ones that came out had holes that were machined, the rotors i got to match, i had to machine the holes as well. There are washers added to the calipers for the rotor not to touch the caliper. I just want it fixed properly and also where i can get parts or know what part to buy. Thanks in advance

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Yn85 brake issue

Postby Dave » December 5th, 2022, 6:56 am

Let's dissect all your issues.
Pulling to one side indicates a binding caliper or a sticking one.

Washers to space out a rotor means you have mismatched parts and not recommended especially where braking is concerned and could be the cause of your vibration or also could be a warped rotor.

Crown spindles means you should have a crown brake system and then modify from there such as rotor diameter may need shaving down or rotor redrilling for wheel stud requirements.

I personally never believe in doing alot or work for brakes to work as modifying this metal compromises structural integrity and reliability.

Advertisement

Return to “Trucks & Pickups”