TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

PNM asks Manning to resign, Imbert or Rowley to take over.

An archive of the political discussions posted here for the 2010 T&T General Elections

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Cid
Riding on 17's

Re: PNM asks Manning to resign, Imbert or Rowley to take ove

Postby Cid » May 27th, 2010, 8:18 am

rowley ftw

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » May 27th, 2010, 8:31 am

In the opening post wrt the folks resignation..

what did they resign from ? the party leadership position ?

if choice is not limited to elected MP's

1.Abdul Hamid
2. Marlene

ziig
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ziig » May 27th, 2010, 8:46 am

for strong and aggressive opposition....Rowley
for a more smooth talking image ..Browne
for good laughs and SHORT comments...colum
I cant say how Penelope will be as a leader she seems too sheepish....like she have to follow

if Kamla and they go with US style...PNM will have serious problems and will have to rewrite their constitutions to fit that style...which I see being a problem since 50 yrs of this way is hard to move away from..but i think they will find a way to work around these issues...and still be a fighting force come next elections....if not ohh well as long as whoever is there does a good job

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 27th, 2010, 9:08 am

ziig ppl said Kamla was/is sheepish too...where is she now? :idea:

As for the US style, Trinis will embrace that , the last election proved we are maturing as a society and voting beyond party lines, eventually the old style of voting will die and that seems to be a rapid death

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » May 27th, 2010, 9:19 am

for strong and aggressive opposition....Rowley
for a more smooth talking image ..Browne
for good laughs and SHORT comments...colum

what about marlene and mustapha

Smokey
Street 2NR

Postby Smokey » May 27th, 2010, 9:34 am

And now allyuh realize how pnm have no body who can lead beside manning and rowley.

Rowley will get eventually get it and pnm is not dead and will not die. Nothing has really changed with their support base, it's still 300k.

For them to ever recover they will have to rethink their strategy of appealing the lowest and upper echelons of society and start focusing on the middle class trini afros who went over to the coalation. Not being racist, but pnm can never effectively win over indo support once unc and cop stay togther.

I would love if dr. Amery brown became leader but while being a very and decent guy he is too naïve to be leader.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 27th, 2010, 9:41 am

eliteauto wrote:ziig ppl said Kamla was/is sheepish too...where is she now? :idea:

As for the US style, Trinis will embrace that , the last election proved we are maturing as a society and voting beyond party lines, eventually the old style of voting will die and that seems to be a rapid death

hmmm, I said the same, and was view as dense. I said it was all due to an educated voter and not a cult voter.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 27th, 2010, 12:50 pm

zoom rader the problem with your responses is that you wrap up your knowledgeable responses in either sarcasm or vitriol and you refuse to see things objectively because you're so pro-PP and anti-PNM that you muddle up your own contributions.
Because I looked at things from both sides of the divide you labeled me a PNM with no facts to back up your accusation yet you got much support because so many were swept up in Kamlamania . The fact you felt your party should not be questioned is in itself "cult voting" , but the results showed it was voters like me who asked pertinent question that decided the next Gov't and it's ppl like that who will keep this Gov't on it's toes cause the results show that if you fail to deliver you will be voted out with the same speed that you came in. No more "is we time now" it's our time now

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 27th, 2010, 12:58 pm

eliteauto wrote:zoom rader the problem with your responses is that you wrap up your knowledgeable responses in either sarcasm or vitriol and you refuse to see things objectively because you're so pro-PP and anti-PNM that you muddle up your own contributions.
Because I looked at things from both sides of the divide you labeled me a PNM with no facts to back up your accusation yet you got much support because so many were swept up in Kamlamania . The fact you felt your party should not be questioned is in itself "cult voting" , but the results showed it was voters like me who asked pertinent question that decided the next Gov't and it's ppl like that who will keep this Gov't on it's toes cause the results show that if you fail to deliver you will be voted out with the same speed that you came in. No more "is we time now" it's our time now

I truly believe the Kamlamania has brought about a cult following. In more ways than a PNM led by Manning did. Many PNM people, hated Manning for what he did to the party and the country as a whole. But with this new set of Kamla worshipers she is not to be questioned nor opposed. That's insane. That my friends is NOT democracy.

They've never questioned one thing which she has done. Compare that to me for example, I question my party all the time. That is how you make sure you get the best service. They will never question anything she does. That is the makings of a true CULT

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 27th, 2010, 1:00 pm

eliteauto wrote:zoom rader the problem with your responses is that you wrap up your knowledgeable responses in either sarcasm or vitriol and you refuse to see things objectively because you're so pro-PP and anti-PNM that you muddle up your own contributions.

Yes ! u are correct.
I am anti PNM becuase the PNM is anti people.Is UNC-COP anti people?

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » May 27th, 2010, 1:02 pm

The only way the PNM could win an election is to put a indo leader.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 27th, 2010, 1:02 pm

RASC wrote:

I truly believe the Kamlamania has brought about a cult following. In more ways than a PNM led by Manning did. Many PNM people, hated Manning for what he did to the party and the country as a whole. But with this new set of Kamla worshipers she is not to be questioned nor opposed. That's insane. That my friends is NOT democracy.

They've never questioned one thing which she has done. Compare that to me for example, I question my party all the time. That is how you make sure you get the best service. They will never question anything she does. That is the makings of a true CULT

Hmm, Did your new Prime Minster support Calder Hart?

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 27th, 2010, 1:03 pm

lostboys crew wrote:The only way the PNM could win an election is to put a indo leader.

Why :?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 27th, 2010, 1:06 pm

RASC wrote:
lostboys crew wrote:The only way the PNM could win an election is to put a indo leader.

Why :?

No need to put an indo leader.PNM will never win another election

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 27th, 2010, 1:08 pm

zoom rader wrote:
RASC wrote:

Hmm, Did your new Prime Minster support Calder Hart?

I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't have a problem with that if she did.

Judging by the responses to the various questions I've asked over the last weeks...Hell you guys didn't see one thing that raised an eyebrow in the entire 39 page manifesto. You read the ENTIRE document and said "yup this sounds great I agree with everything printed here" How is that even HUMANLY possible? :wink:

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 27th, 2010, 1:10 pm

zoom rader wrote:

Yes ! u are correct.

NO they are not and that's why they are in the Gov't today, it was the autocratic, maximum leader, sycophantic style of governance that led to the downfall of the PNM and I say good riddance to bad rubbish. As I was telling someone in Saudi Arabia yesterday, Kamla seems like a consensus seeking type of leader which is the new way of politics worldwide, I see the results of Monday as the beginning of a cultural change in the country and us entering the 21st century, the PP represents a wider diaspora that the PNM or the UNC ever did and by the next election we'll have more thinkers and less cultists arising, even core UNC supporter will be heartbroken to see what they think is their party become a more inclusive one and their old way of thinking die

e.g. viewtopic.php?f=46&t=315209

that is old thinking "we vs them" somebody need to give him the memo that style died Monday night

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 27th, 2010, 1:13 pm

eliteauto wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Yes ! u are correct.

NO they are not and that's why they are in the Gov't today, it was the autocratic, maximum leader, sycophantic style of governance that led to the downfall of the PNM and I say good riddance to bad rubbish. As I was telling someone in Saudi Arabia yesterday, Kamla seems like a consensus seeking type of leader which is the new way of politics worldwide, I see the results of Monday as the beginning of a cultural change in the country and us entering the 21st century, the PP represents a wider diaspora that the PNM or the UNC ever did and by the next election we'll have more thinkers and less cultists arising, even core UNC supporter will be heartbroken to see what they think is their party become a more inclusive one and their old way of thinking die

that is old thinking "we vs them" somebody need to give him the memo that style died Monday night

Well said, But u know Rasc will not apporve

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 27th, 2010, 1:16 pm

zoom rader wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Yes ! u are correct.

Well said, But u know Rasc will not apporve

Why would I have to approve of everything he says?

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » May 27th, 2010, 2:40 pm

civic minded wrote:i saw this in yesterday papers

Which papers you saw that in?

strange telephone numbers on the rest of ads *-)

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 27th, 2010, 2:46 pm

Captainzaak wrote:
civic minded wrote:i saw this in yesterday papers

Which papers you saw that in?

strange telephone numbers on the rest of ads *-)

:lol:

Shango_13
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Shango_13 » May 27th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Golfist wrote:Imbert might come up short
:lol: :lol:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 27th, 2010, 3:48 pm

Shango_13 wrote:
Golfist wrote:Imbert might come up short
:lol: :lol:

Shango 13 was found eating a box of PNM JAPS chickhen on another thread

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 27th, 2010, 6:13 pm

the project manager resign!! heard it on CNC3

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » May 27th, 2010, 6:48 pm

redmanjp wrote:the project manager resign!! heard it on CNC3

yup saw it on cnc3 as well. looks like the ppl are upset n look like they wanted to fight. one side bawling rowley, next ... imbutt

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » May 27th, 2010, 7:29 pm

would prefer Abdul Hamid as well, he comes across as a down to earth person and is a good public speaker,
its sad that he is not in the line up

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 27th, 2010, 7:31 pm

Dr. Keith Rowley is now the political leader of the People's National Movement

Goolie
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Goolie » May 27th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Confirmed for OPPOSITION Leader, not sure about political leader just yet.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 27th, 2010, 7:51 pm

yup......OPPOSITION LEADER.....
enill the roundabout man still spinning in circles.........waited for him to say something different for three occasions before switched his ugly face off

zcarz
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby zcarz » May 28th, 2010, 12:06 am

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 28th, 2010, 5:22 am

what a shame on all ah dem..........
this typifies PNm........
'not the party's fault, but caused by one man'.
colon & de boys get a scapegoat now...suddenly....they had nothing to do with anything...
I am waiting for the quotes & file videos from Hansard & previous parliamentary sittings to come out so as to remind sorry-@$$ pnm-ites what the pnm gods up there in Parliament were doing whilst us lesser mortals were bawling & crying for redemption.

Advertisement

Return to “T&T GENERAL ELECTIONS 2010”