TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

This is not democracy. This is a dictatorship

An archive of the political discussions posted here for the 2010 T&T General Elections

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

5onDfloor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

This is not democracy. This is a dictatorship

Postby 5onDfloor » May 30th, 2010, 10:15 pm

How come one year ago a Patrick Manning idea of a Ministry of Justice was lambasted as unconstitutional by the then Opposition but under Kamla it is viewed as a prudent move and part of new governance and change?

http://jupiter.guardian.co.tt/news/politics/2009/08/23/maharaj-condemns-justice-ministry
:fist: Discuss!
Last edited by 5onDfloor on May 30th, 2010, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damien
punchin NOS

Re: This is not democracy. This is a dictatorship

Postby Damien » May 30th, 2010, 10:59 pm

link not working

5onDfloor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 5onDfloor » May 30th, 2010, 11:22 pm

Working now.thnx!

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 30th, 2010, 11:41 pm

Let the flaming begin Image

5onDfloor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 5onDfloor » May 30th, 2010, 11:56 pm

^^ lol!..........awaits for an educated response! if any at all!

zcarz
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby zcarz » May 31st, 2010, 12:05 am

5onDfloor wrote:^^ lol!..........awaits for an educated response! if any at all!

In other news, Jack Warner officially changes his name to Jacklal Warnersingh.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 31st, 2010, 12:08 am

zcarz wrote:
5onDfloor wrote:^^ lol!..........awaits for an educated response! if any at all!

In other news, Jack Warner officially changes his name to Jacklal Warnersingh.

Serious the racial drafts started sooner than i anticipated Image

Captainzaak
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Captainzaak » May 31st, 2010, 1:03 am

Probably because manning was gonna create it to do utter BS with it and not use it for what it's suppose to be used for? i unno im just speculating here.

People trust Kamla a lot more than manning, this..i know for sure.

5onDfloor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 5onDfloor » May 31st, 2010, 1:53 am

Captainzaak wrote:Probably because manning was gonna create it to do utter BS with it and not use it for what it's suppose to be used for? i unno im just speculating here.

People trust Kamla a lot more than manning, this..i know for sure.

come again bruddah....but as u said u r just speculating

RASC
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RASC » May 31st, 2010, 8:16 am

This thread will die a slow, painful death trust me.

Anything Kamla does is fine by the masses here on this forum. Don't even TRY to fight it with intelligent convo.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 31st, 2010, 8:38 am

so why didn't manning implement his ministry of the people? so many other things he did in the name of 'i say i doin it, to hell with what allyuh say', but this he did not even try to do?

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 31st, 2010, 8:55 am

sMASH wrote:so why didn't manning implement his ministry of the people? so many other things he did in the name of 'i say i doin it, to hell with what allyuh say', but this he did not even try to do?

Men trying too change d topic already, the question is why what bad for the gander good for the goose

UML
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby UML » May 31st, 2010, 10:02 am

namely because of manning's interference with the judiciary and police service..he tried controlling these independent bodies.

especially with his control over the CCJ while trying to remove the Privy Council...which kept him in check!!

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » May 31st, 2010, 10:29 am

if you read the article you will realised that the Min of Justice that Manning had in mind was a way that the government will have greater control over the judicial system
Manning said the Judiciary will have to account to the ministry which will have “responsibility to provide all the Judiciary requires to be able to exercise, independently, their independent function.” Manning further stated: “And the best way we believe that could now be done is by way of a ministry of justice.” Noting that there was the potential for encroaching on judicial independence, the PM said the initiative was considered as part of the Government’s proposed Constitution reform. Maharaj sees nothing wrong with the Judiciary being accountable to the Government in respect of administrative matters, like a backlog of cases.

“Government is accountable to the Parliament for issues like a backlog of cases in court and issues relating to administration in the justice system.” He states further, “But the Prime Minister cannot question the judgement of a court, unless he questions that judgement in an appeal to a higher court. “He can only make them account to a higher court. The Judiciary and the courts are not accountable to the Government for their decisions.” He said Manning called for a justice ministry while telling supporters of judges who declare the actions of Government illegal.

The ministry of justice Kamla government headed by Volney - the Judiciary will be completely independent - Min of Justice role is to ensure that Judiciary have everything it need to move cases along. It will ensure the necessary measures taken so convicted felons have no loopholes to take advantage and bog down the entire system.
In other words it will help the Judaical system succeed where in the past it failed

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 31st, 2010, 9:33 pm

and there lies the answer........................
manning wanted the final say over the judiciary

5onDfloor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 5onDfloor » May 31st, 2010, 9:55 pm

SR wrote:and there lies the answer........................
manning wanted the final say over the judiciary

^^^we would never know would we? All Speculation i say!.....only time will tell if Aunty Kamla would be different.

but frankly i don't see a fundamental difference and Kamla have not said how her Ministry of Justice would be different to what Manning proposed.

5onDfloor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 5onDfloor » May 31st, 2010, 10:02 pm

civic minded wrote:if you read the article you will realised that the Min of Justice that Manning had in mind was a way that the government will have greater control over the judicial system
Manning said the Judiciary will have to account to the ministry which will have “responsibility to provide all the Judiciary requires to be able to exercise, independently, their independent function.” Manning further stated: “And the best way we believe that could now be done is by way of a ministry of justice.” Noting that there was the potential for encroaching on judicial independence, the PM said the initiative was considered as part of the Government’s proposed Constitution reform. Maharaj sees nothing wrong with the Judiciary being accountable to the Government in respect of administrative matters, like a backlog of cases.

“Government is accountable to the Parliament for issues like a backlog of cases in court and issues relating to administration in the justice system.” He states further, “But the Prime Minister cannot question the judgement of a court, unless he questions that judgement in an appeal to a higher court. “He can only make them account to a higher court. The Judiciary and the courts are not accountable to the Government for their decisions.” He said Manning called for a justice ministry while telling supporters of judges who declare the actions of Government illegal.

The ministry of justice Kamla government headed by Volney - the Judiciary will be completely independent - Min of Justice role is to ensure that Judiciary have everything it need to move cases along. It will ensure the necessary measures taken so convicted felons have no loopholes to take advantage and bog down the entire system.
In other words it will help the Judaical system succeed where in the past it failed

So who say Minister Volney who we all know sat on the bench and made Controversial and unpopular decisions won't try to control the Judiciary? and to make matters worse the PP has the constitutional majority to make even make a bigger mess of what was perceived to be Mannings intentions.

BS i must say..anyways i wait until the euphoria is over and we get down to brass tax before i cast any aspersions.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 31st, 2010, 10:07 pm

6 months and we shall see what really happens

5onDfloor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 5onDfloor » May 31st, 2010, 10:14 pm

UML wrote:namely because of manning's interference with the judiciary and police service..he tried controlling these independent bodies.

especially with his control over the CCJ while trying to remove the Privy Council...which kept him in check!!

So tell me how Kamla is going to make a dent on crime without reforming the Police service?

This same bill was rejected by the UNC while in opposition on many occassions. As a matter of fact i vaguely remember the Opposition in return for a raise in MP salaries supported it to certain extent ( will have to do some research)

Now Kamla will come with the same bill with probably with a few variations here and there and have it passed in parliament.

Wouldn't this be Controlling the Police service?

You wannah take bets that she will have to interfere with the Judiciary thru her Ministry of Justice in order reform the court system and their ways of handling criminal cases?

You wannah take bets eventually they would remove the Privy Council as our highest appellant court?

i guess u wont cause its Kamla right?

She has to interfere with these independent bodies if she intends on delivering on her Campaign\Manifesto promises.
Last edited by 5onDfloor on May 31st, 2010, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5onDfloor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby 5onDfloor » May 31st, 2010, 10:15 pm

SR wrote:6 months and we shall see what really happens

agreed!

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » May 31st, 2010, 10:39 pm

nice question!!!!

Advertisement