TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Saturday Night Run Thread

Plan out, organise and post pics and vids of your OFF-ROAD adventures. Clubs, crews and associations are welcomed!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Saturday Night Run Thread

Postby 3stagevtec » September 5th, 2013, 8:01 pm

witeboye211 wrote:Maxxis bighorns 265/75/16. Only got straps n shackles.

I don't know your experience level, but if you are interested, be prepared for a challenge and bring a navigator. Z listed some requirements above.

Your tyres will be adequate.. Boots and Jeans a must for night runs..

witeboye211
Street 2NR

Postby witeboye211 » September 5th, 2013, 8:18 pm

Well I guess I'll see how things go.

.z.
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby .z. » September 6th, 2013, 7:49 am

Guys, monitoring d weather; the area is being drenched.

We eh looking to be jacka*S cuz that particular area is dem 6610 and so in d back there. When dem leave trench it reachin to ur knee in depth, none ah we have axle clearance for dat if we slip in.

I wld suggest depending on weather today and if graced we make an assessment tomorrow b 4 we venture in with a convoy, we cld hit another area.

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » September 6th, 2013, 1:15 pm

wites, from the one run u made with us up GR, u handle yoyrself pretty well, load up your eqipments and grab richard as your rider and allyuh good to go, for minimal lift and 265s, that van worked well.....

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » September 6th, 2013, 5:56 pm

droppa wrote:wites, from the one run u made with us up GR, u handle yoyrself pretty well, load up your eqipments and grab richard as your rider and allyuh good to go, for minimal lift and 265s, that van worked well.....

One run and minimal lift in a grade 3ish trail and yuh feel he could make a place where 6610 does romp in abundance? :o:o

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » September 6th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Are lifts really that necessary?? The ground clearance achieved from taller tyres is what's important..

my 2c

witeboye211
Street 2NR

Postby witeboye211 » September 6th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Would like to come but still not sure if I could make. Will let you guys know.

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » September 6th, 2013, 6:43 pm

rottedv wrote:
droppa wrote:wites, from the one run u made with us up GR, u handle yoyrself pretty well, load up your eqipments and grab richard as your rider and allyuh good to go, for minimal lift and 265s, that van worked well.....

One run and minimal lift in a grade 3ish trail and yuh feel he could make a place where 6610 does romp in abundance? :o:o

So what u telling the man?

Don't come to the 6610 terrain then?

Don't test what the potential of his van is?

Like first time a boi coming on a run he must be grade 10 equipped?

I just asking eh fadda, cause as far as i kno that how our club does it, we taking you to the limit, until u say u've had enough,

Let the organizer of the run decide nah!!!!

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » September 6th, 2013, 7:09 pm

droppa wrote:
rottedv wrote:

So what u telling the man?

Don't come to the 6610 terrain then?

Don't test what the potential of his van is?

Like first time a boi coming on a run he must be grade 10 equipped?

I just asking eh fadda, cause as far as i kno that how our club does it, we taking you to the limit, until u say u've had enough,

Let the organizer of the run decide nah!!!!

You missed his point completely, he was taking about the driver potential, not his van. Lol @ grade 10 equipped..

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » September 6th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Well then he shud not discourage but encourage a fellow offroader to come along and learn, man could drive his van way better than plenty men I've seen

rottedv
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rottedv » September 6th, 2013, 7:27 pm

As yuh said Droppa....Let the organizer of the run decide.....

And witeboy211.....I not discouraging eh..... Call Z and get some info on whatever he doing.... Grade 10 equipped or whatever Droppa means has no relevance to whatever Z has planned.... To each his own...... As for me coming, we will see I guess...

And yes Droppa, I know that how 'your' club does it...... :roll:

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » September 6th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Cool scene man!!

This weekend and next is maintenance for me so I done tell z if I eh get a ride I out!

.z.
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby .z. » September 7th, 2013, 7:33 am

Hey Guys, whats up? Well d weather did put a damper on things, but it didnt put us out!!!

imo dont think it make sense knowing the increased difficulty as a result of the rains 2 attempt that Caratal Trail so we'll opt for something less difficult.....

All previous dets stands....meeting at my place for 7:00pm.

Dont 4 get recovery gear, rations, meds, etc....

An guys, we r all unique so def at times we will have differences in opinions, i hope that these splurges stay here, and be man enough not 2 tote feelings. An 1 more thing, doh get d Sat Night Thread deleted....lol.

200sx
Trinituner Peong

Postby 200sx » September 7th, 2013, 11:00 am

Should be up on yr side Z around that time! I'll pass tru an check u guys! To let My son Aryon check out sum off the rigs lol!

I can't go on the run with my rig ;(

The 35's scrubbing ah little! Needs to do sum trimming! Lol!

.z.
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby .z. » September 7th, 2013, 12:24 pm

nice, pass thru....

Jimmy Font
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jimmy Font » September 8th, 2013, 1:44 am

Nice run made the first part on slicks........slicks does dutty up my van more than my good tires lol

.z.
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby .z. » September 8th, 2013, 7:50 am

Commitment and Delivery must be firstly be acknowledged!!!

Thx to "Sonson" for redefining the trail, with his tractor, for us to use last night. He also cleared up some fallen bamboo and was present to greet us before and there to congratulate us on completion. He had even pledged further assistance for recovery, if we needed.

Not much people have ah these qualities. Again thx!!!

Z, Dale (suzuki), Faiz (suzuki), Brian (suzuki grand vitara), Imtiaz (hilux), Renul (B2500).

Cancelling the initial run because of the expected increased difficulty of the trail as a result of heavy rains, i quickly sought to org another that we wld be able we undertake with hope of better conditions.

An assembly at my place, climbing over the roadside drain as a prerequisite to attend trail (LOL, know we does make good use of all sorts ah things) we headed and met Dale and Faiz. Also "Sonson" was there to wish us well and explain the terrain.

A prayer and briefing started us on our activity which was basically a Gr2. Driving on wet grass pushed over by the tractor, until we lost the trail....nah is a real steep downhill and corner. We carefully negotiated this as the clay was slippery, and then the conditions changed....the hard surface under the grass disappeared and it was slushy mud.

We each took on the challenges, pit after pit, until we passed through a bamboo grove and onto the main road....where we were met by a party of villagers.

Hope they make dat cheers 4 we...LOL

With ah somewhat early completion, we said goodbye to Dale and braved another.

Taking d Tortuga hill climb, relaxing and taking in the view overlooking the west coast, we had to cut short and head out because of a heavy downfall. This immediately changed the conditions as the stony terrain became slippery and unpredictable.

I then decided to give dem boys a lil peep at terrain close to the initially planned trail... it was clear the difficulty that we wld have faced if we had sticked to plan...

DooMRR
Sweet on this forum

Postby DooMRR » September 8th, 2013, 10:06 am

Some pics of the trail. Sadly I didn't get and pics of the final part of the original intended trail. But we will go back. For now, the new trail.

Lil loose waist and flexy back.
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1378648216.989912.jpg

Dunno where we going, but we ploughing through the bush.
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1378648234.290963.jpg

Eat some mud.
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1378648320.661156.jpg

The epic view at the end of our exploration (before we went to see the original intended trail). My phone just couldn't get the true beauty of the night.
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1378648363.884365.jpg

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1378648451.174252.jpg

On the way out thru da bush.
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1378648528.040200.jpg

Almost down the steep hill to exit/enter the trail. Pic doesn't show it's steepness and night time doesn't reveal the holes and one big rock almost at the top. Good hill to learn choosing the right line.
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1378648563.920072.jpg

Just the start of the original intended trail caused all this mud on my van. So when we do decide to tackle that trail, it's gonna be one hell of a long and challenging trail. Deep ruts mixed with sharp turns and a narrow trail will make things very interesting.
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1378648920.649402.jpg

.z.
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby .z. » September 8th, 2013, 11:13 am

"Almost down the steep hill to exit/enter the trail. Pic doesn't show it's steepness and night time doesn't reveal the holes and one big rock almost at the top. Good hill to learn choosing the right line"

Choosing d right line u say.....pappy, hw u feel at d angle when u slip on d rock at d top when keeping on the right.

Going a lil more x-way on that point will start u rollin. A bit too risky 2 use as such, u cld be victim of learnin d HARD way esp if now learnin/ novice.

Jimmy Font
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jimmy Font » September 8th, 2013, 1:58 pm

.z. wrote:"Almost down the steep hill to exit/enter the trail. Pic doesn't show it's steepness and night time doesn't reveal the holes and one big rock almost at the top. Good hill to learn choosing the right line"

Choosing d right line u say.....pappy, hw u feel at d angle when u slip on d rock at d top when keeping on the right.

Going a lil more x-way on that point will start u rollin. A bit too risky 2 use as such, u cld be victim of learnin d HARD way esp if now learnin/ novice.

Luck thing we didn't have any novices there last night .....only lesser equip vans.....me of-course

Jimmy Font
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jimmy Font » September 8th, 2013, 1:59 pm

.z. wrote:"Almost down the steep hill to exit/enter the trail. Pic doesn't show it's steepness and night time doesn't reveal the holes and one big rock almost at the top. Good hill to learn choosing the right line"

Luck thing we didn't have any novices there last night .....only lesser equip vans.....me of-course

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » September 8th, 2013, 3:18 pm

SNAKEEEE!!!! Mr snakey fell out a tree and straight into the Surflux.. Man scatter inside the single cab yes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(too bad I didn't get a good pic of him though..)

.z.
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby .z. » September 9th, 2013, 7:37 am

3stagevtec wrote:SNAKEEEE!!!! Mr snakey fell out a tree and straight into the Surflux.. Man scatter inside the single cab yes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(too bad I didn't get a good pic of him though..)

Human reaction...but good thing it was handled in a safe manner, eye contact with the snake, id, removal and not kill.

.z.
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby .z. » September 9th, 2013, 7:48 am

Jimmy Font wrote:

Boy u in ah class by u self.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But (on a serious note) if u had come across on dat (2nd) part sure wld have had 2 attach a rope 2 u...safety nah, kno hw we does do it

.z.
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby .z. » September 9th, 2013, 10:42 am

droppa
punchin NOS

Postby droppa » September 9th, 2013, 11:27 am

nice run dey fellas, good looking out for the snakey.........

Jimmy Font
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Jimmy Font » September 9th, 2013, 8:44 pm

.z. wrote:
Jimmy Font wrote:

Boy u in ah class by u self.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

But (on a serious note) if u had come across on dat (2nd) part sure wld have had 2 attach a rope 2 u...safety nah, kno hw we does do it

Safe is the word but i would have slip and slide plenty before taking that rope

DooMRR
Sweet on this forum

Postby DooMRR » September 9th, 2013, 11:06 pm

Lol. The angle I was at wasn't so bad. Been in worse situations. But I know what you mean. The situation could turn bad without proper directions.

.z.
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby .z. » September 10th, 2013, 7:40 am

Long base advantage!!! And low COG!!!

.z.
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby .z. » January 10th, 2014, 10:45 am

Sat Jan 11, 2014

Gr 3

Look out for the return.....