TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

HELP NEEDED ASAP FOR SUZUKI JIMNY

Plan out, organise and post pics and vids of your OFF-ROAD adventures. Clubs, crews and associations are welcomed!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Slick84
3NE 2NR for life

HELP NEEDED ASAP FOR SUZUKI JIMNY

Postby Slick84 » October 19th, 2014, 11:52 am

Hey guys..i have an old school Jimny..recently i found while driving or even in a parked position,the jeep idles down as if to cut off,sometimes it cuts off,other times it would regulate itself and be back to normal..i thought it was a gas problem, so i changed the pump,cleaned the gas lines, serviced the carburetor, changed plugs and plug wires, BUT i am getting the same issue...when the engine is cold the jeep works perfectly, but as it begins to get warm/hot, it starts to give this problem...i have in the g13b engine, its the original engine with carburetor which has the throttle (not plunger)...i am wondering if the loss of power can be caused by the distributor? The distributor doesn't have "points", instead its the electronic distributor with the module inside. Can anyone identify such a problem and give reasons/ solutions? ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.....
Also,if anyone has contact for parts for such jeeps, that would be appreciated as well....

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP FOR SUZUKI JIMNY

Postby ru$$ell » December 11th, 2014, 2:44 pm

checked to see if overheating? sounds like the problem if you say it's running fine cold.

Advertisement

Return to “Off Road Runs”