TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Racing through the lense of my likkle camera....

Official T&T Drag Racing Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Racing through the lense of my likkle camera....

Postby V8 Boys » June 23rd, 2014, 11:51 pm

So wham?!

All the licks allyuh sharing for the past 8 years and vids like dat! Boost versus Sparky versus Aaron versus Fish Van versus Lacquis and... versus, versus versus

I was hearing all d ole talk bout "oh Gordon takin Tweety Grenada cause he eh want tuh get licks from Boost" and "oh, he try tuh beat SKF so much time" and "Oh he never put dong ah 7sec" and Oh....

One likkle 200 shot on 1 stage...a roll off the line and a can of whoop-ass get open and is like...The sound of silence.

I hear d man send fuh 6 kegs of VP racing fuel by a certain SUPPLIER who does place does be pack with heavy roller$ spendin wad$ of ca$h on Turbo dis and Turbo dat...I HEAR THEY TUN BACK D MAN CHEQUE OUI?

Tonnen Garcon!

look ah V8 Boy goin and chook fyah in allyuh roongkatoongtoong!

I cant find a vid anywhere on You Tube but ah have some from facebook....enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=49 ... nt_mention

and a 1/4 mile of brake marks....
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10154387439585045

Not even 5 pics of the Legend on the Ttundra thread here...and only an acknowledgement on T&TMotorsport News on fb...and level vids of all the other Tuners cars...
actually the vid WAS on there but Mr TTMSN get a l'il "nudge".

Wha go happen if men start tuh bring een V8s like allyuh Tuners from PR and Miami runnin 7s all day long boy? Allyuh go say advantage ent?

Run d vids nah man!
10411319_10154324839345512_653494248318961269_n.jpg
10411319_10154324839345512_653494248318961269_n.jpg (22.94 KiB) Viewed 21406 times

Aayuh have d man buyin Sunoco now....same cutarse! Cheups...fuh spite ah should tell him run d Tweety on "super" LOL!

Oh and in case allyuh Tuners feel ah how...is ah Nissan Laurel eh...Japanee ting nah!!!
Last edited by V8 Boys on October 6th, 2014, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

rusty_turbo
Street 2NR

Re: Y Tuners so insecure?! Post vid of Tweetie blazin Boost

Postby rusty_turbo » June 24th, 2014, 12:05 am

Oh lawd... Subscribed btw

Richard Marshall
Riding on 17's

Re: Y Tuners so insecure?! Post vids of Tweety blazin Boost

Postby Richard Marshall » June 24th, 2014, 2:45 am

:lol::lol::lol:

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » June 24th, 2014, 3:21 am

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 24th, 2014, 5:12 am

it amaze me how straight tweety ran....you often hear a lot of men saying the track not prep etc thats why I'm all over the place but a car built in the 90s with all the old school technology ran straight as a needle....

well done to you sir....

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » June 24th, 2014, 5:33 am

D hell Happen to you ? I glad you proud of your fav motor but Below was posted before you make this craaaaazy post bredda ! :lol: I still have more Pics to upload !! Just relax and keep calm ok :)

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » June 24th, 2014, 7:05 am

Ahhh, nicely! See how a l'il picong does get man to sit up and take notice?

Doh study it Fugitives, we know yuh have love fuh ting wid more than 6cylinders...and poor Sinister...all up inna a tizzy. Well, at least "she" called me "sir:....

Carry on then, as you were.

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » June 24th, 2014, 7:14 am

lol...welcome back Tweety and congrats Gordon.. :)

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 24th, 2014, 7:23 am

Inside for true automotive bachanal

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » June 24th, 2014, 7:40 am

ok d audio get sinister and gone back inna "she" cave....look d vid here.

and look look! He eh even put a good screen grabber so when man trollin they could see the boost get loose when the Tweety went sweetly!

But garde how nicely she titled her vid. Wham tuh Tweety VERSUS> Boost as title?

Wha go happen in Ttundra's next meet?

Is pure>
10481864_657278077692183_6790848387823345385_n.jpg
in yuh pwefin! LOL!

turbosingh
punchin NOS

Postby turbosingh » June 24th, 2014, 8:43 am

Nice to see Tweety back out.

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » June 24th, 2014, 9:26 am

Its about to get real..

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » June 24th, 2014, 9:27 am

Men jumping out hard in here.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » June 24th, 2014, 10:48 am

fastest rotary on camden track & time pls?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 24th, 2014, 11:20 am

Damn, that run was impressive. Tweety weathered the storm of time really well.
Not much cars out of that drag era still survived in such good shape.

nigie
Shifting into 6th

Postby nigie » June 24th, 2014, 11:27 am

so wait....there are people who expected boost factory to beat tweety II????????
that's just amazing...

ruff neck chicken
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ruff neck chicken » June 24th, 2014, 12:38 pm

oh my :pokes:

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » June 24th, 2014, 1:56 pm

not a high profile big shot vid shot with high tech equip...but the licks is real!

And I like the title: Boost Factory versus Gordon Rooks.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » June 24th, 2014, 1:59 pm

THE_FUGITIVES wrote:Gordon Rooks 8.48 @ 161 MPH VS Boost 9.81 @ 148MPH !! You have to be here @ TTUNDRA Event #4 2014 !!

^ for those wondering about the times....

good runs.....props to tweety

GTR Fever
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby GTR Fever » June 24th, 2014, 2:20 pm

I'm not "chooking fire" here as I respect both 2JZ and V8 setups but I personally don't see the comparison to Boost Factory's S14 which is a stock bodied car vs Tweety which is a full race chassis car.

Before anyone jumps on my case very very big props to Tweety for such a run! Amazing that a car built so long ago can run the way it is running today. Big props for Boost Factory as well for building a 9 second stock bodied car. Both equally impressive accomplishments as far as I'm concerned.

Just a question, why is Tweety LHD? Was it built abroad?

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » June 24th, 2014, 2:36 pm

yeh buh chris i don't think that the intension is really about boost winning the race eh....a lot of the old school tuners are looking at how tweety as well as skf came out from retirement for a couple years and ran straight as a needed and ran 8s etc while a lot of men cud have hardly gotten outta 10s and 9s and the reason is always camden not hooking and the track this and that...

i also think the whole boost factory is street legal argument etc is now invalid since from the pics and vids i saw, the car has a lot of weight reduction done etc....

was a nice race tho....

GTR Fever
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby GTR Fever » June 24th, 2014, 2:56 pm

I never said it's street legal. However, it is a stock bodied car which I think deserves some sort of acknowledgement. Both SKF and Tweety are full race chassis cars so their geometries and traction will be different as compared to any of the local "tuner cars".

I do agree with the point that alot of guys making excuses so that's true. Was a very good race and now alot of guys in the 9's and 10's gonna try doing more work to run with the big guns like SKF and Tweety..more entertainment for us lol

Tweety
Pro Drag

Postby Tweety » June 24th, 2014, 3:01 pm

GTR Fever Tweety is completely locally built. it took 6 months of working 12 hrs a day 6 days a week to build it from scratch, the reason why it is left hand drive is because of the engineering of the setup no sense in trying to re-invent the wheel. The proof is in the way she runs!

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » June 24th, 2014, 4:01 pm

I like GTR's line of reasoning and his comments are non-confrontational.

The run between these two although mis-matched brought a lot of excitement to the event. Many factors play into the two setups...but from my side of the screen, they BOTH came on trailers and BOTH have TONS of money in them. The argument that Boost Factory has spent over $100,000 in "stuff" and Tweety with a big bucks high hp motor complete with foreign tuner is mute as they both want the glory for themselves.

That's racing, has always been...SPEED=MONEY and the more you spend the faster you go.

Due to the lack of V8 competition over the past 10yrs a "lop-sided" run like this has always been a crowd favourite...like Sheik v SKF, Flambo v Boost, Tweety v SKF etc etc.

I have been noticing in the last 6 or 7 years that the number of turbo charged cars has been growing rapidly...hence their dominance, whereas the V8 guys have been staying away from the events for reasons many of us know well. So it's about time tings got a little lively, like it used to be...an underdog whips a Big Boy and vice versa.

Its good for the sport. Means more money and enthusiasm will be injected into this past time we so love.

I do however interject here that had BOOST won, the story would have been very different.
Gloating by the fans of the new boys on the block would have been most pronounced.

The objective of this post has therefore been realised and we hope more V8s can come out and do their thing....and get the VIDEO coverage they deserve.

Sinister_Audio
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Sinister_Audio » June 25th, 2014, 12:31 am

V8 Boys wrote:The objective of this post has therefore been realised and we hope more V8s can come out and do their thing....and get the VIDEO coverage they deserve.

do you have any idea the type of planning and effort that was made to document Tweety's return & testing?

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » June 25th, 2014, 7:19 am

Sinister_Audio wrote:
V8 Boys wrote:The objective of this post has therefore been realised and we hope more V8s can come out and do their thing....and get the VIDEO coverage they deserve.

do you have any idea the type of planning and effort that was made to document Tweety's return & testing?

as a matter of fact I do know Christian. NO one and I mean no one can produce a race vid like you.

I was just letting you and Steff know MORE coverage was required and from an "unbiased" standpoint.
Sure the crowds there swooned and enjoyed the run.....I heard them....but not on your vid. Sure I know you weren't in the crowd, and that your vids are of higher quality (yes ok ok...much higher quality) but that's the point of this thread...to HIGHLIGHT the insecurities and bias on the part of Tuners towards V8s.

Its not chupid talk...its a way of life here...I accept that the turbo/tuner scene run tings here....but who says I have to "roll with the punches" or "just stay quiet" or "leave them".

I LIKE to mix it up from time to time...make narrow minded people steups, make them annoyed...

Take this KLONG for example....he pm me this>

it run 8s an spoil a hour drags that thing cant evan com down bak drivin 8.4 skf 8.2 no nos talkers like u so is who have notin or know how things work why u ent go an race wat u have or see if u cud run a 9 u studyin wat people hav an racin thats wat them have u cud buy a race gas but studin who buy howmuch leav people alone an grow up

From his narrow minded view....Tweety "spoil" an hour of drags because she ran off the track...and then comparing her to another legend....without even knowing what the hold up was about.

Think people like that bother me...no...just wants to make me irritate them further....haha! Oh good grief I'm becoming a troll!

But really, people today feel no one should tell nobody nothing...and that when you say something it should be put in a kinda roundabout way...so instead of me stating my opinion in a matter of fact way I should have said : Hey guys...not to cause any confusion or make anybody feel a how...are you guys gonna put up any more videos of Tweety's run? Just asking....

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL...I put it straight and direct...[plain talk no manners} who vex lorse.

Sooooo still think I retarded?

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » June 26th, 2014, 5:37 am

Takes more time reading some of the posts in this thread compared with the time it takes for tweety or Bfac to run the 1/4...

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » July 3rd, 2014, 4:50 pm

spoil an hour drags? doubtful. cars like tweety and those aspiring to take their crown are the reason most of us attend.
however, on time wasted: nothing is as annoying as marinating in pit lane for an hour plus, while the mayor, and his minions with their shenanigans mosey their way to the front, run after run after run.
bikers...mehh.

shocksub
3NE 2NR for life

Postby shocksub » July 8th, 2014, 6:58 am

Wow, just reading this...all of this over a A V8 beating an import?

Tweety did one of the best runs I have seen at Camden and effortless to say the least

I believe that we should have at the minimum a small parade though the streets of Couva and onto Camden, an application for a National Holiday should not be out of the question either since it really has been about 4 years a door slammer V8 has done a time below 10s or been competitive, maybe even longer than that.

With all the expertise in V8 s locally, how come Mr V8 boys, is a local not building some bigger badder engines and cars to beat up the imports?

Funny thing however, all the " imports " here in Trinidad that have been dominating drag racing for the last few years while the big name V8s lay idle " for reasons everyone knows"
the imports here are more local than anything thing else, they have moved from 12-9 second and even into high 8 and low 8s, with local chassis, local built engines, and local tuning. I am talking about SKF Lancer, Monster Sunny,1200 Datsun pickup, Skylines, Silivias, Supras and the like.
Looking at it from the outside, the imports have much more of a grassroots movement right now with local tuning getting better all the time and with power levels and reliability that used to be the undisputed property of V8s. Most of the V8s have shown very little if any progress from the times they have posted years from years ago

We all stood up and cheered when Tweety came out and " blaze Boost" as you put it, and the crowd loved the big race, but seriously?? the Laurel is an exception rather that the rule down here, haven't you been supporting all the other V8 cars that have been running all the time? Or don't they count because they can't challenge the imports? ...Drag racing would openly welcome more V8s, but Tweety has been the only exceptional V8 that has appeared for a number of years so with that I guess yes A V8 actually won, so the Celebration should start and continue for a week at least.

And to answer you last question, I think that you may be the most brilliant person every to tap a keyboard.

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » July 8th, 2014, 10:10 am

Whished i had finished my v8 build. Only did high 12's with little mods. Soon "blueprint" will touch our shores..

Advertisement

Return to “Drag Racing”