TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

AutoSport Drag Racing Sunday 4th January 2015 at Camden.

Official T&T Drag Racing Forum

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

AutoSport Drag Racing Sunday 4th January 2015 at Camden.

Postby AutoSport » December 25th, 2014, 8:45 am

Motor Sport lovers, the best gift for the season is coming your way on Sunday 4th January!

Yes! The First Motor Racing Event for 2015 Drag Racing at Camden, Couva!

Hosted by AutoSport Racing.

With the full support of all of the Major Motor Racing Clubs and Competitors.

Without publicly coming out with any formal statement, word was floating around about this Event. And the first to call to confirm as fact was Ryan Garcia with his SKF Lancer, who has committed to participating in this Event. Since then many more of the top racers have called to indicate their interest and intention to also be a part of this Event.

So we shall be seeing the best in all Classes in Heads-up and Dial-up competition.

With a tight time-line to execute the different elements that would ensure a successful Event, the Briefing meeting is carded for Monday 29th December, at the Chaguanas Regional Indoor Sport Arena, from 7:00pm. Our personnel will be present from 6:00pm to begin taking Entries.

Competitors entry fee is $200.00 which provides three passes, inclusive of driver, and two vehicle passes, one for competition car or bike and one for service vehicle. Tents are available @ $300.00.

On Saturday, scrutineering will take place on the track from 11:00am.

ALL COMPETITORS SHALL BE EXPECTED TO HAVE THEIR CARS / BIKES SCRUTINEERED ON SATURDAY!

The track will be open for practice on Saturday… ONLY to those who have passed scrutineering, from Noon to 5:00pm.

Sunday we hope to start off by 9:30am with some practice runs, then get into qualifying runs and then into final competition. We shall also be catering to that new group of competitors who are still seeking to find their correct bracket or not very consistent launching off at the lights. These can run in Dial-up competition.

To ensure proper control in competition, we shall not be accepting more than 75 competitors for this Event.

We are intent on having all parties come together and start to build for a truly successful drive towards working in harmony in the shortest timeframe possible. So we shall be calling on many from across all borders to participate and work alongside our Team.

Best Wishes to all.

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Re: AutoSport Drag Racing Sunday 4th January 2015 at Camden.

Postby dragaholic » December 26th, 2014, 12:40 am

wow welcome back Rawle. Finally.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » December 26th, 2014, 6:46 am

dragaholic wrote:wow welcome back Rawle. Finally.

Welcome back Autosport, its about time.

Next year looking better already.

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » December 26th, 2014, 8:42 am

where's the 'Like' button....
looking forward o it Rawle

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » December 26th, 2014, 2:04 pm

See the first Email response…
“I will be returning to Trinidad on Monday night around 9pm. Hopefully I can get there in time to register if not please put me down for entry and a tent.”

And my reply…
Not a problem, Can arrange helicopter from Airport to Chaguanas!

And the next response…
“Great news! sign me up...Merry Christmas”

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 26th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Hubba hubba!
About time. This corner swinging thing needed a change

NiSmO-R
Sweet on this forum

Postby NiSmO-R » December 26th, 2014, 7:20 pm

dragaholic wrote:wow welcome back Rawle. Finally.

Yes! I've been waiting for this since the last tuner event was cancelled...

Excited to put a baseline time on my car before tuning and get into some healthy competition with a certain EG hatch

Dragist
punchin NOS

Postby Dragist » December 26th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Sounds Good .

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » December 27th, 2014, 12:22 am

lets see if i cud get the STI in a lower 12s time...have 3 days to break in the new clutch but i should be there....

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » December 27th, 2014, 2:47 am

Really happy to hear this ..... All the best Rawle !!
Great way to start 2015 !!!

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » December 27th, 2014, 12:00 pm

throwback

NiSmO-R
Sweet on this forum

Postby NiSmO-R » December 27th, 2014, 2:48 pm

What's the slowest bracket that will be available? 15's?

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » December 27th, 2014, 4:57 pm

A little bird told me than one was contented to race in car parks.

We have TTUNDRA , NARA and now Autosport holding drag racing events ?

This were we fall down , the respective disciplines need to have distinct administration over the chosen sport that they are representing . Can any of the other bodies say we going to have a carting event or a rally event outside of the respective governing bodies ? We cannot proceed on such an ungoverned basis .

kjaglal76v2
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kjaglal76v2 » December 27th, 2014, 5:00 pm

Was only a matter a time before the chit start

matthew2730mvp
3NE 2NR for life

Postby matthew2730mvp » December 27th, 2014, 6:07 pm

This was an epic AUTOSPORT did in St lucia....
Jus follow the Rules and their shall be no PROBLEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7_DCXo ... xhbURqQ8Qg

matthew2730mvp
3NE 2NR for life

Postby matthew2730mvp » December 27th, 2014, 6:25 pm

This was an epic AUTOSPORT did in St lucia....
Jus follow the Rules and their shall be no PROBLEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7_DCXo ... xhbURqQ8Qg

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » December 27th, 2014, 7:39 pm

cornfused wrote:A little bird told me than one was contented to race in car parks.

This were we fall down , the respective disciplines need to have distinct administration over the chosen sport that they are representing . Can any of the other bodies say we going to have a carting event or a rally event outside of the respective governing bodies ? We cannot proceed on such an ungoverned basis .

The event next weekend is a charity event that Autosport is hosting to raise funds for autism. I believe it's the rotary club behind it or pos city corp, I can't remember the details. There would be members of the rally club etc taking part and the event is being assisted by members of TTUNDRA.

thing nice until this kinda bacchanal tlk start
Last edited by Aaron 2NR on December 27th, 2014, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » December 27th, 2014, 10:18 pm

so we gettin ah 17 sec bracket orr?

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » December 28th, 2014, 12:56 am

Aaron 2NR wrote:
cornfused wrote:A little bird told me than one was contented to race in car parks.

The event next weekend is a charity event that Autosport is hosting to raise funds for autism. I believe it's the rotary club behind it or pos city corp, I can't remember the details. There would be members of the rally club etc taking part and the event is being assisted by members of TTUNDRA.

thing nice until this kinda bacchanal tlk start

Need to correct some issues here.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » December 28th, 2014, 12:59 am

This Event was originally being planned in conjunction with the Rotary Club of P.O.S. West to raise funds for a special Autism Project. With a senior member of TTASA as the Chairman of the Event. (See where the collaboration started)

In early December the Rotary Club of P.O.S. West determined that they were not receiving the expected sponsorship support and requested a later date in 2015. With all permissions already received, AutoSport decided to continue with the event on its own. And immediately approached the various Clubs/Associations to be a part of the event. To the extent of renting some equipment from one body, getting other equipment and track prep support from another, and including other parties in the overall organization of the Event.

And now also hearing of the desire of some that we jointly stage future events.

So for one to suggest other ulterior motives is just not on the cards.

And for so many to work together in the first Motor Racing Event in 2015, can only be a positive for Motor Sport.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » December 28th, 2014, 11:41 am

I am of the confirmed understanding, that this a event is sanctioned and granted by the Governing body and proceeds forward as such. We hope with this information you are no longer 'confused.'

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » December 28th, 2014, 11:42 am

if you have a 15s and 14 sec bracket Rawle..I am in with the Liqui Moly Swift! :)

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » December 28th, 2014, 2:05 pm

Depending on the number of entries that fall into the respective Classes , we shall determine whether it is feasible to have the Class.

Option B, Dial up competition.

The intention is to encourage all competitors to participate. and build the Sport.

Kinday
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Kinday » December 28th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Congratulations Rawle for getting back into the game. It can only get better from here

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » December 28th, 2014, 4:06 pm

AutoSport wrote:The intention is to encourage all competitors to participate. and build the Sport.

Really? Interesting - didn't know the job to build drags fell in Autosport's lap thought it t'was drag and wind based on the overall official scheme of things. Well I guess to be equitable Autosport is gonna be hosting RC events as well as an offroad in order to "build the sport". Can't wait!

Microtech wrote:I am of the confirmed understanding, that this a event is sanctioned and granted by the Governing body and proceeds forward as such. We hope with this information you are no longer 'confused.'

AutoSport wrote:A senior member of TTASA as the Chairman of the Event and planned in conjunction with the Rotary Club of P.O.S. West to raise funds for a special Autism Project.

I am of the confirmed understanding as well. Allyuh GT. But let me not throw a damper on this auspicious occasion. Keep up the good work Autosport. :wink:

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » December 28th, 2014, 4:33 pm

lawd....linzie bro where the one love for motorsport.....i do not sit as an exec in any club so i aint siding on who did what but i doubt autosport stepping on anyone toes or at least i don't think so....if I'm wrong i stand corrected....

i can speak for a competitor and i attend everyone's events...infact at the last ttundra event a number of us who compete at d&w attended to practise for this upcoming event....

i don't think rawle and his team and coming in to start running drags since this was a one-off event....and then we all return to the car park ;)

back in wallerfield days Autosport were known for their events and kept drags at the helm where it should be....

peace, love and all the best for the new year

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » December 28th, 2014, 4:39 pm

"Really? Interesting - didn't know the job to build drags fell in Autosport's lap"

Where were you when AuToSport was founded in 1995? JAN 2015 WIL BE 20 YEARS!

What was AutoSport doing then?

What has AutoSport done in Grenada, Antigua, Barbados, and St. Lucia?

AuotSport is the ONLY SPORTING BODY THAT HAS SUCCESSFULLY BEEN INVITED TO COORDINATE INTERNATIONAL SPORTING EVENTS IN OTHER CARIBBEAN COUNTRIES.

CAN YOU CONTEST THAT?

Please. let us look at working together, and building relationships in the interest of MOTORSPORT.

Please!

fiveforward
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby fiveforward » December 28th, 2014, 5:06 pm

Trust me it there, I have PLENTY love for this sport. Truss meh. And we not in the days of wallerfield anymore - those days are just good memories. Time to move on and move ahead with proper STRUCTURE, principle and protocols followed

Like I said all the best and keep up the good work Autosport Promotions. :roll:

Can't wait to support Autosport Association in the fantastic D&W events next year. Intend to be an active participant as much as possible once there are no clashes in event dates across the board

BTW Rawle not taking anything away from the co-ordinated and holistic development of drag racing through out the islands that Autosport has promoted INCLUDING Trinidad and Tobago but ress. Take a drink; reflect on the old glory times; hell bring back out an Evo but ress.
Last edited by fiveforward on December 28th, 2014, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » December 28th, 2014, 7:59 pm

fiveforward wrote:Trust me it there, I have PLENTY love for this sport. Truss meh. And we not in the days of wallerfield anymore - those days are just good memories. Time to move on and move ahead with proper STRUCTURE, principle and protocols followed

Like I said all the best and keep up the good work Autosport Promotions.

Can't wait to support Autosport Association in the fantastic D&W events next year. Intend to be an active participant as much as possible once there are no clashes in event dates across the board

BTW Rawle not taking anything away from the co-ordinated and holistic development of drag racing through out the islands that Autosport has promoted INCLUDING Trinidad and Tobago but ress. Take a drink; reflect on the old glory times; hell bring back out an Evo but ress.

Peace to you my Brother.

Evo 7 days long gone. Evo 10 and upwards!

speedwerk
Street 2NR

Postby speedwerk » December 29th, 2014, 4:19 pm

normal price is $200 to enter a car with 2 passes and this includes a shared tent. NTY

Advertisement

Return to “Drag Racing”