TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

ARA Drag & Wind #6 - 29th July 2012

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Re: ARA Drag & Wind #6 - 29th July 2012

Postby nismo_demon » July 31st, 2012, 6:31 pm

once again we (the competitors) at drag and wine would like to give our sincere thanks to the autosport committee for putting on a great show yet again, they even made an extra effort to ensure that the trouble makers on the outside were kept in gear, it was a safe family day full of fun and clean competition, so to Mr Rawle and the rest of the autosport board......thanks

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » July 31st, 2012, 7:24 pm

nismo_demon wrote:once again we (the competitors) at drag and wine would like to give our sincere thanks to the autosport committee for putting on a great show yet again, they even made an extra effort to ensure that the trouble makers on the outside were kept in gear, it was a safe family day full of fun and clean competition, so to Mr Rawle and the rest of the autosport board......thanks

Yuh welcome eh!

But seriously, WE, not only me, are committed to ensuring that every event will be better than the last one. The negative issues we encounter we immediately try to address and control. If there are additional costs to be incurred, like having Police paid for extra hours of duty, we just have to do it to ensure that we all can continue to use this venue.

For those competitors who brought their concerns to us, we also listened and will deal with as best as we can. We have absolutely no interest in favouring one competitor over any other.

We did address the noise issue with those we felt were still loud and you will see the results in the future. And this even though we did have the decibel meter equipment on hand, continuing our own in-house testing.

One competitor just could not "quiet" his car, so he did not continue to run it, asked if he could share his friends Class 2 car , and he did continue to run in his Class 3, and this without any arguments!

Once we all RESPECT what we all are about, our Events will certainly grow and be RESPECTED!

MAZTUNE
Riding on 17's

Postby MAZTUNE » July 31st, 2012, 7:46 pm

ingalook wrote:Oh yeah... who get into the shootout in 2B? That group was really crazy close yes, I was 5th with a 56.97 and first was 56.43... if ah did only mash de gas ah lil "uh" more :(

I hope that 1.8 turbo 323 that wasn't supposed to be in 2B didn't go through, but I couldn't stick around to see, I had to come home and polish my car and park it up :P

I bet Kirk that sandbagging bastard won though...

1.8 turbo 323??? Or the 1.5 turbo??? Our 1.8 runs in 4B but only now realise we are the only 1800cc running with all the 2000cc evos and subbies. Pulled of a 56.4 best time but time to step up the game and give em goat lol

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » July 31st, 2012, 8:38 pm

Well a 1.5turbo should be in GT3 (like Devi)... not in 2B.... rules is rules...

TREX
Trinituner Peong

Postby TREX » July 31st, 2012, 10:32 pm

Tsuchiya wrote:
MG Man wrote:
TREX wrote:
AutoSport wrote:So we are now stuck with a new Award in a new category - Best Barrier Attack for 2012!

Yeah allyuh get kicks on my head

RWD proving a challenge?
:P

I hit it as well on sunday. Although it hurts to see my car scarred, I think I'll leave my battle scars til after the last event i guess that's the nature of motorsports. If u ain't damaging sumthin ur not trying hard enuff

Ditto That
The only way to get faster............... is to Get faster.
A little road rash dont hurt but I real sorry about the other guy.
Still its ..........Balls to the wall next time

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » July 31st, 2012, 11:47 pm

We have always said that this Event brings out the real drivers who can harness the full potential of their car - handling and power - and merge this with their driving ability and only then can one really come out on top.

Every single winner will tell you that they had to really drive to beat the next competitor.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » August 1st, 2012, 12:39 am

ingalook wrote:Well a 1.5turbo should be in GT3 (like Devi)... not in 2B.... rules is rules...

So am?

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » August 1st, 2012, 6:55 am

maztune... it's really hard for you guys.. (Only car in the GT4A/B class that is not a Subbie or Evo)

Question: what class would a Mazda RX7 3rd Gen turbo be in?

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » August 1st, 2012, 9:13 am

Rx7 3rd Gen was bumped up to Gt4, but did not race because he had some engine problems.

Rest assure he does not have any problem with his new change.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » August 1st, 2012, 9:35 am

ingalook wrote:
ingalook wrote:Well a 1.5turbo should be in GT3 (like Devi)... not in 2B.... rules is rules...

Checking up on this this car, he should have been in Class 3. Raced last year when the rules were different and put back his old 2B classification - our scrutineers missed this and he will be put into the correct class. This has happened before, refer to the above comment re the 13B Turbo, where the competitor was informed and had no problem in complying with our directives.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » August 1st, 2012, 9:41 am

southside crew wrote:maztune... it's really hard for you guys.. (Only car in the GT4A/B class that is not a Subbie or Evo)

Question: what class would a Mazda RX7 3rd Gen turbo be in?

As stated before he is now in Class 4, and says he is coming after the 4A drivers!
And the Maztune driver has done a damm good job matching strides with the Evos and Subies and regularly being in the top three - this is all about the drivers ability and not the car!

You can come with how-much hundreds of HP, spend hours on the Dyno, you better be able to handle it!
Last edited by AutoSport on August 1st, 2012, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » August 1st, 2012, 10:07 am

No... not talking bout Mayank's car... talking about a regular 3rd gen.. (13B turbo)..

Yep.. nuff props to the Maztune team.. for being the * outcast*... :)

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » August 1st, 2012, 10:27 am

southside crew wrote:No... not talking bout Mayank's car... talking about a regular 3rd gen.. (13B turbo)..

Yep.. nuff props to the Maztune team.. for being the * outcast*... :)

13B engine is 2600cc, and with turbo x by 1.4 = also in Class 4.
And Ronnie coming back next event, so Class 4A will be most interesting.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » August 1st, 2012, 10:43 am

2 Evo men who was in 4B sunday may undergo some upgrades..

Who knows they might end up in 4A as well!!!!

* I think very soon this may come the Premier sport of T&T Motor racing*

About time Ronnie makes a come back..

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » August 1st, 2012, 10:49 am

Autosport... can the same car be driven in 2 groups with no mods by 2 drivers?

Like say I drive my car in 2B and then give it to a better driver to run in 2A?

Will that mean that I must bump up to 2A since the car is capable (but I'm not as yet?)

Also what would be the registration cost associated with such an arrangement?

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » August 1st, 2012, 11:15 am

ingalook wrote:Autosport... can the same car be driven in 2 groups with no mods by 2 drivers?

Will that mean that I must bump up to 2A since the car is capable (but I'm not as yet?)

Any car, in the right hands is capable of running in practically any class!

The sharing of cars actually happens today. The Locost is driven in 1A by father, and son (nah he not as good as the father) in 1B.

And we also saw that with #115, whose original car was deemed too loud, he parked it up, used his friends car who was running in Class 2, #115 ran in his originally entered class 3B, just so he would still be able to compete and earn points. Also Car 111, mother ran in 2B and used by son in 3B when he had a problem with his car.

So we try to be accommodating but still look at being as fair as possible.

Car being used by two drivers will require two entries being submitted and paid for.

ShIvAm
Riding on 16's

Postby ShIvAm » August 1st, 2012, 2:09 pm

would a car that is being driven by two drivers have a number per driver or is it all under one?

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » August 1st, 2012, 2:55 pm

ShIvAm wrote:would a car that is being driven by two drivers have a number per driver or is it all under one?

2 drivers, 2 numbers

Rawle, i have a host of suggestions. one of those pertains to safety being a priority. the ae86 corolla that almost lost control was heading towards the tents. can we also look at including some sort of barriers between tents and track? i know its an added cost and logistics issue.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » August 1st, 2012, 2:55 pm

ShIvAm wrote:would a car that is being driven by two drivers have a number per driver or is it all under one?

Two separate numbers, look at the Locost, 932/08, Darrel Ali 45/43.

We just have to be careful when they come to the line to ensure we know who is driving;
so far we have had the full cooperation of everyone.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » August 1st, 2012, 3:06 pm

Team Loco wrote:

2 drivers, 2 numbers

Rawle, i have a host of suggestions. one of those pertains to safety being a priority. the ae86 corolla that almost lost control was heading towards the tents. can we also look at including some sort of barriers between tents and track? i know its an added cost and logistics issue.

Yes we were very concerned and shall address this.

The next point, our crew was supposed to put the stakes in the barriers that would have prevented them from being scattered in the path of the other car. This did slip us since we were trying to speed up our start time.

Also at the point where the cars make the 180 turn and head back towards the centre line (same area that was struck)... we will adjust the cones to make the turn away from the centre line a little more gradual as opposed to a sharp left / sharp right depending on the lane you are in.

Also at the end of the straight, we find the cars making the left lane turn also coming a bit close to the pit area so we will look at tightening this.

Always keeping in mind the class times as they now exist.

But glad to have your suggestions.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » August 1st, 2012, 3:07 pm

AutoSport wrote:
ingalook wrote:Autosport... can the same car be driven in 2 groups with no mods by 2 drivers?

Any car, in the right hands is capable of running in practically any class!

The sharing of cars actually happens today. The Locost is driven in 1A by father, and son (nah he not as good as the father) in 1B. And we also saw that with #115, whose original car was deemed too loud, he parked it up, used his friends car who was running in Class 2, #115 ran in his originally entered class 3B, just so he would still be able to compete and earn points. Also Car 111, mother ran in 2B and used by son in 3B when he had a problem with his car.

So we try to be accommodating but still look at being as fair as possible.

Car being used by two drivers will require two entries being submitted and paid for.

:D but the man only beat me once in 3 yrs of his racing!

ShIvAm
Riding on 16's

Postby ShIvAm » August 1st, 2012, 4:39 pm

AutoSport wrote:

We just have to be careful when they come to the line to ensure we know who is driving;

ok cool

jus one question, does the line of cars running in front the bleachers obstruct the view of spectators? especially spectators on the lower half. cause when i was waiting in line i felt as tho i was obstructing their view of the action

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » August 1st, 2012, 4:42 pm

:D but the man only beat me once in 3 yrs of his racing![/quote]

Reminds me of the not so small person who says he only eats one meal a day... but it starts in the morning and finishes in the night!

Still working on tidying up the results but his best time was 55.630 and yours....56.168. Nuff said.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » August 1st, 2012, 4:45 pm

ShIvAm wrote:
AutoSport wrote:

ok cool

jus one question, does the line of cars running in front the bleachers obstruct the view of spectators? especially spectators on the lower half. cause when i was waiting in line i felt as tho i was obstructing their view of the action

We really have not had any complaints from the spectators, but they are also glad to see the cars and drivers up close - so one day you might get lucky and have some nice person ask for your autograph!

ShIvAm
Riding on 16's

Postby ShIvAm » August 1st, 2012, 5:56 pm

AutoSport wrote:
ShIvAm wrote:
AutoSport wrote:

ok cool

We really have not had any complaints from the spectators, but they are also glad to see the cars and drivers up close - so one day you might get lucky and have some nice person ask for your autograph!

lol yea sure, one day :)

dubcity
Street 2NR

Postby dubcity » August 1st, 2012, 6:36 pm

AutoSport wrote:
ingalook wrote:

Checking up on this this car, he should have been in Class 3. Raced last year when the rules were different and put back his old 2B classification - our scrutineers missed this and he will be put into the correct class.

As simply as it may sound,this car probably cost me a qualifying spot hence no points for me!Everyone was saying under the tents,"that car suppose to be in group 3".

Finally,this VW jetta that use to run 54.xx secs consistently is running in 2B. :roll: I saw him on his first qualifying run put down a 55.xx.Isn't that a break out?or does that automatically gain you a qualifying spot in the finals?

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » August 1st, 2012, 7:05 pm

dubcity wrote:
AutoSport wrote:
ingalook wrote:

Checking up on this this car, he should have been in Class 3. Raced last year when the rules were different and put back his old 2B classification - our scrutineers missed this and he will be put into the correct class.

As simply as it may sound,this car probably cost me a qualifying spot hence no points for me!Everyone was saying under the tents,"that car suppose to be in group 3".

Finally,this VW jetta that use to run 54.xx secs consistently is running in 2B. :roll: I saw him on his first qualifying run put down a 55.xx.Isn't that a break out?or does that automatically gain you a qualifying spot in the finals?

And if that was brought to our attention immediately, we would have checked and taken action immediately.

In all of the B Classes, we have a breakout time.
For 2B it is 56 seconds. The VW did register a 55.96, and this was NOT considered. All of his other times 57.094, 56.496, 56.928,, 56.406.
Our rule says if you run a breakout time, the time is not counted, and if this is done in the last four shootout, you lose the run.
It was interesting to see in the last four runoff in everyone of the B classes, even though we saw a winner at the lights, we checked the times to ensure that there were no breakouts.

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » August 1st, 2012, 9:48 pm

sorry for the late reply but i would like to thank you mr auto sport for the replies to my questions asked. i will admit, you came on a bit strong for my previous questions, guess it was a bad day but you answered the later questions with the info i needed. thank you. keep up the good work sir and i hope to get my project finished b4 the year finishes to have a go at the event again.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » August 1st, 2012, 10:19 pm

AutoSport wrote:
dubcity wrote:
AutoSport wrote:
ingalook wrote:

And if that was brought to our attention immediately, we would have checked and taken action immediately.

In all of the B Classes, we have a breakout time.
For 2B it is 56 seconds. The VW did register a 55.96, and this was NOT considered. All of his other times 57.094, 56.496, 56.928,, 56.406.
Our rule says if you run a breakout time, the time is not counted, and if this is done in the last four shootout, you lose the run.
It was interesting to see in the last four runoff in everyone of the B classes, even though we saw a winner at the lights, we checked the times to ensure that there were no breakouts.

Kirk is a damn consistent driver and knows his car is a 54-55 sec car... I think it did a 55.1 on the day... if he could do it once he could do it over and over again... he has to carefully drive to make sure he doesn't break-out... not sure its racing but it takes some skill to sandbag like that :)

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » August 1st, 2012, 10:38 pm

Kirk is a damn consistent driver and knows his car is a 54-55 sec car... I think it did a 55.1 on the day... if he could do it once he could do it over and over again... he has to carefully drive to make sure he doesn't break-out... not sure its racing but it takes some skill to sandbag like that :)[/quote]

And that is the risk and choice he made when he decided to stay in 2B. Also note that in the last four knockout, which is an actual race, he has to stay in front and still not breakout.

Anyway, I hope all of my responses did address the various concerns, and again repeat that by this interaction and dialog we get rid of the grey areas, build confidence with our competitors and improve our Events to the benefit of all parties, be they spectators, competitors and/or Sponsors.

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”