Forums

ARA Drag & Wind #6 - 29th July 2012

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Re: ARA Drag & Wind #6 - 29th July 2012

Postby AutoSport » July 28th, 2012, 3:37 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
Mudboy wrote:Them barriers have a mind of their own.....they does jump out in the track and spoof yuh......

welll....that's what I saw..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

because you left your barrier magnet in the on position, thinking they were fixed, and you would drive 5mm from them. :poke: :lol: :lol:

When you deactivated the system, what happened? :lol: :lol:

That is the first point.

And if you press the button twice, the barriers does jump under two wheels and start a whole new course.

Start time 10:30am, and still $30.00.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » July 28th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Thanks for all the ignorant comments...

Why are the barriers there exactlly? To protect you from 15-20 feet of Tarmac and 15-20 feet of grass?

The rule of thumb is you put a barrier anywhere the damage you would sustain from hitting the barrier is less than the damage you would sustain if the barrier was not there

I know that damn hard for some of you to understand... but I'm hoping that at least one person that organizes these events understands logic

I know there is a lamppost about 30 ft from the corner, but repositioning the plastic barrier to the end of the tarmac would be sufficient for this. If anyone overcooks it so much that they can't stop in the 15-20ft runoff area then they gonna hit the barrier.

By allyuh logic we should fill all the damn cone with concrete cause yuh not suposed to hit dem ent?

I does really wonder, somebody tell allyuh yuh could drive and yuh car looking nice so everybody feel they is Ayrton Senna now ent?

Many of us use Drag and wine and Dex to perfect our driving and cars... we will make mistakes, both with driving and setup, but does that mean we should destroy our cars for those mistakes? If so is better we just gone drive like tun tun on the road - mash up we car and save $120

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » July 28th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Scratching a bumper is a far cry from destroying the car. In racing anything can happen, I've seen someone's wheel fly off, another person's tyre come off the rim and and cars slide into the fence. From the videos I've seen the barriers are to guide the driver around the corner.

Maybe it makes it easier to see than a sea of cones and maybe hitting the plastic barrier does a little more damage than a cone but something like that you should prepare for.. (mentally and otherwise)

With racing, stuff happens. With events like this you should see where you think damage may occur and reduce the risk of that happening by maybe being cautious in your first few runs until you know how to attack the corner.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » July 28th, 2012, 10:02 pm

I scratched the bumper, broke the supports, broke my bumper lip, headlight bracket, and damaged my fender and fender shield

But I see where you coming from... concrete cones next event will make it a hell of a lot more interesting :roll:

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » July 29th, 2012, 12:33 am

ingalook wrote:Thanks for all the ignorant comments...

Why are the barriers there exactlly? To protect you from 15-20 feet of Tarmac and 15-20 feet of grass?

The rule of thumb is you put a barrier anywhere the damage you would sustain from hitting the barrier is less than the damage you would sustain if the barrier was not there

I know that damn hard for some of you to understand... but I'm hoping that at least one person that organizes these events understands logic

I know there is a lamppost about 30 ft from the corner, but repositioning the plastic barrier to the end of the tarmac would be sufficient for this. If anyone overcooks it so much that they can't stop in the 15-20ft runoff area then they gonna hit the barrier.

By allyuh logic we should fill all the damn cone with concrete cause yuh not suposed to hit dem ent?

I does really wonder, somebody tell allyuh yuh could drive and yuh car looking nice so everybody feel they is Ayrton Senna now ent?

Many of us use Drag and wine and Dex to perfect our driving and cars... we will make mistakes, both with driving and setup, but does that mean we should destroy our cars for those mistakes? If so is better we just gone drive like tun tun on the road - mash up we car and save $120

bossman if yuh cyah drive and yuh insist on crying like ah wuss bout ah lil bumper bounce well then take ah seat in d bleachers with the spectators and enjoy the event together with the hundreds of others who does be present on that day and have no problem with the way the event is held, as it is right now autosport board have alot of obstacles in its way and is on a day to day basis fighting for all of us, both competitors and spectators to have this funfilled event continue. so please dont add any unnecessary problems, its simple, if yuh dont wanna drive then dont!!!!!!!

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » July 29th, 2012, 1:15 am

nismo_demon wrote:
ingalook wrote:Thanks for all the ignorant comments...

bossman if yuh cyah drive and yuh insist on crying like ah wuss bout ah lil bumper bounce well then take ah seat in d bleachers with the spectators and enjoy the event together with the hundreds of others who does be present on that day and have no problem with the way the event is held, as it is right now autosport board have alot of obstacles in its way and is on a day to day basis fighting for all of us, both competitors and spectators to have this funfilled event continue. so please dont add any unnecessary problems, its simple, if yuh dont wanna drive then dont!!!!!!!

Bring yuh shiddy sr20ve tomorrow nah breds... we'll see who's crying :lol:

I eh crying... I eh fighting dong de people... I trying to make the event safer/better for competitors...

Men making excuse and saying the barriers there to "guide people around the corner" dat is not the purpose of barriers... cones are for dat... barriers have a reason to be used that i mentioned before (which you cannot understand... but you have a sr20 so that understandable)

Ok autosport... we know allyuh have barriers... allyuh badda dan de solodex people with dey shiddy cones... just use them properly please...

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 29th, 2012, 2:33 am

ingalook wrote:Men making excuse and saying the barriers there to "guide people around the corner" dat is not the purpose of barriers... cones are for dat... barriers have a reason to be used that i mentioned before (which you cannot understand... but you have a sr20 so that understandable)

Ok autosport... we know allyuh have barriers... allyuh badda dan de solodex people with dey shiddy cones... just use them properly please...

you don't understand the barriers aren't anchored.
If you could wrap your mind around that, might change your driving.

when you hit the barrier, you hit the weight of plastic, and friction of it resting on the surface, you then push it on. Which you prefer? move the barrier two feet, or be 15 feet in the mud and grass, and old dumped appliances?
so your tires lock up and you slide into it. What caused the lock up? the barrier? or the driver?

Destroy your car? I see civic referred to as paper, and how easily they bust apart. but seriously?

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » July 29th, 2012, 4:41 am

*facepalm idk what to say bout some ah allyuh nah

Mudboy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Mudboy » July 29th, 2012, 5:26 am

ingalook wrote:I scratched the bumper, broke the supports, broke my bumper lip, headlight bracket, and damaged my fender and fender shield

But I see where you coming from... concrete cones next event will make it a hell of a lot more interesting :roll:

Then you need some serious help (solodex driving school), because I hit that same barrier three times ( too fast into corner) with minor bumper scuffs.......... :mrgreen:

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 29th, 2012, 9:48 am

Mudboy wrote:Then you need some serious help (solodex driving school), because I hit that same barrier three times ( too fast into corner) with minor bumper scuffs.......... :mrgreen:

you get the impression he's an NFSU 1 + 2 player, who accustomed hitting the walls to turn the car? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ingalook, doh take it personal yunno? (known honda jiva trait)

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » July 29th, 2012, 10:17 am

They should have cones instead. Auto nation crx was very loud at the last event, but he was still allowed to race.

Auto-sport bias.

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » July 29th, 2012, 10:24 am

JDM_GUY, yea, wanna attend this event and see what cars are running etc still.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » July 29th, 2012, 10:54 am

JDM_GUY wrote:They should have cones instead. Auto nation crx was very loud at the last event, but he was still allowed to race.

Auto-sport bias.

meemknow, but what was his dB? and what was the cutoff?

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » July 29th, 2012, 8:12 pm

i agree with the CRX comment, was very loud along with NELO R32, wayyy too loud

Other than that it was a great event, thumbs up to Autosport for a successful event. To Rawle and everyone involved in putting these events together, keep up the good work guys.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » July 29th, 2012, 8:59 pm

The way I see it is solodex is where you need to hone your skills... D&W is faster and of course, more chance for damage especially if you aren't completely comfortable with your car or the speed.

The cone and barrier argument is ridiculous... cones serve their purpose as do barriers and I agree with the need for barriers in this higher speed event. If you are afraid to damage your vehicle, then stick to car shows... motorsport of any form bear inherent risks, primarily to the vehicle.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » July 29th, 2012, 9:10 pm

JDM_GUY wrote:They should have cones instead. Auto nation crx was very loud at the last event, but he was still allowed to race.

Auto-sport bias.

Please go talk to Auto Nation CRX driver.
Please go talk to #50 driver.
Please go talk to #115 driver
We spoke to all of the above and had this noise issue addressed.

Only respect for everyone's views stopping me from commenting further on your silly little boy comments.

But this is an open forum, so press on!

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » July 29th, 2012, 9:21 pm

A few of my pics from today ....

Click HERE for more SOON ....

All this barrier damage talk... look a man decide to see if is true lol

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » July 29th, 2012, 9:23 pm

All this barrier damage talk... look a man decide to see if is true lol

And another civic too.. lawd

matthew2730mvp
3NE 2NR for life

Postby matthew2730mvp » July 29th, 2012, 9:57 pm

Ole Guys Rule Class 4A big win again today D&W 6, the Professor car 69, another outstanding driving display....
Won 4A
Fastest time of the day..

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » July 29th, 2012, 10:03 pm

AutoSport wrote:

Auto-sport bias.

Please go talk to Auto Nation CRX driver.
Please go talk to #50 driver.
Please go talk to #115 driver
We spoke to all of the above and had this noise issue addressed.

Only respect for everyone's views stopping me from commenting further on your silly little boy comments.

But this is an open forum, so press on!

ASS......

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » July 29th, 2012, 10:08 pm

really couldnt make it today, looks like a great event again. i would like to know tho mr rawle (auto sport), can you share the info on the CRX ? again, wasnt there so just asking. from the posts, guessing the car was loud, how was the noise issue addressed?

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » July 29th, 2012, 10:18 pm

^ it wasnt. Also the white skyline

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » July 29th, 2012, 11:32 pm

Good night folks,
Captain Barrier here............wait.............what?

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » July 30th, 2012, 2:11 am

I see bout eight shitty drivers hit the barriers... I on the other-hand now have skills like Michael Schumacher as I can expertly avoid hitting the barriers now

I think anyone that hits those barriers should be flogged publicly honestly...

Mudboy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Mudboy » July 30th, 2012, 4:56 am

ingalook wrote:I see bout eight shitty drivers hit the barriers... I on the other-hand now have skills like Michael Schumacher as I can expertly avoid hitting the barriers now

Nicely done......once you had dry your eyes....you were able to drive better.

ingalook
Riding on 16's

Postby ingalook » July 30th, 2012, 10:19 am

Mudboy wrote:
ingalook wrote:I see bout eight shitty drivers hit the barriers... I on the other-hand now have skills like Michael Schumacher as I can expertly avoid hitting the barriers now

Nicely done......once you had dry your eyes....you were able to drive better.

Well I fedup tell yuh gyul about this squirting business she like to do...

I Kiiiiid I kiiiid

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » July 30th, 2012, 10:45 am

ingalook wrote:Well I fedup tell yuh gyul about this squirting business she like to do...

you told other squirters about it, and they no longer do it?

so you're telling my, your opinion > muscle contraction, and they don't have statues of you yet?
:poke: :lol: :lol:

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » July 30th, 2012, 10:59 am

The attachment DSC09857.JPG is no longer available

DSC09857.JPG

DSC09858.JPG

DSC09859.JPG

DSC09860.JPG

DSC09861.JPG

DSC09864.JPG