TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Drag & Wind #7….. Sunday 26th August at ARC Car Park

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Drag & Wind #7….. Sunday 26th August at ARC Car Park

Postby MICROTECH 7 » September 5th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Mr. Autosport I totally agree with you, but I have one problem.
We agree that Karting is a great sequence of starting growth, however at present Karting is so expensive and seemly unaffordable to the average parent/person.

I understand that you have to buy your kart from a club provider which is overly priced. I believe that if Karting is the starting point, something needs to be done to make it more affordable to encourage new race driver development for starters.

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » September 6th, 2012, 8:58 pm

D&W drivers...why not try CARS Dex event this Sun 9th....course looks really fast and wowee :)
check it out on the dex forum sticky..

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » September 7th, 2012, 12:00 am

DEVI wrote:D&W drivers...why not try CARS Dex event this Sun 9th....course looks really fast and wowee :)
check it out on the dex forum sticky..

Man looking to attract more drivers to come and get more licks!

But seriously, Dex events give you and incredible ability to know the limits of your car and your driving ability, running against the clock. This way you are not in a race trying to out drive the next person and possibly losing control. And participating costs are quite reasonable.

And on the comment on the cost of Karting, I do not think that you are compelled to buy a Kart from anyone - tyres yes, and that is to ensure conformity with the permitted regulations.
And I know that there are competitors with good used Karts at reasonable prices.
But if you can "turn-back" your age (like the used car dealers and the odometers), then that would have been the best foundation for every young person wishing to get into motor racing.

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”