TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

8th Drag and Wind Event (for 2012) on the 23rd Sept. 2012.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Re: 8th Drag and Wind Event (for 2012) on the 23rd Sept. 201

Postby wagonrunner » September 25th, 2012, 11:04 am

JDM_GUY wrote:i will not be entering my car at any more Autosport events.
Amen.
If you'd keep quiet also. I'd appreciate it as well.

I dunno when having an opinion allowed one to twist that into slanderous fact. And I take it you are some authority on video recording, and know of Mathew's aka Slimthug's work, and find it as you describe below........
JDM_GUY wrote:That vid of the event would be amateur and the cam will be shakey as hell, and not every race will be recorded.

Dont give me no sheit that out of that $25.00 uluh not pocketing something, thats just a lie.
JDM_GUY wrote:Autosport is a bunch of bullies.
JDM_GUY wrote:Because I am a small fries and I complain about my $25.00 i get slammed.

:lol: you get "bullied" because you seem incapable of stating your opinion wihtout pulling down the efforts of others, and then are upset because others aren't sympathetic to you. Local racing scene STILL requires a provisio for the special needs of SOME Honda drivers? :|

SMTT
Riding on 13's

Postby SMTT » September 25th, 2012, 11:32 am

Hi We're from Kelly Village TV and occasionally cover motorsport events in T&T.
Wondering if this new video policy will prevent us from filming future Drag & Wind shows?
We have previously covered your event...
http://youtu.be/ZcIUXGI1tQk
Please let us know if there is a problem
Thanks
KVTV

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » September 25th, 2012, 12:20 pm

JDM_GUY wrote:x2 brought up some good points, I don't see anyone bashing him.
He does collec he lix on de track! :mrgreen:

SMTT wrote:Wondering if this new video policy will prevent us from filming future Drag & Wind shows?
What new video policy?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » September 25th, 2012, 12:24 pm

Computerman wrote:
SMTT wrote:Wondering if this new video policy will prevent us from filming future Drag & Wind shows?
What new video policy?
exactly. there is no new policy.
Can SMTT show where it was stated any / all other video recording devices are prohibited from being used? :? :?
or are they the victim of poohar news carrying, from someone with a chip on their shoulder?

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » September 25th, 2012, 12:36 pm

There is no new video policy. Anyone is free to film. The more the merrier. Moses if u think u could do a better vid that Mr. Downes, please feel free to do it and come sell some copies lets see what u can do. Don't bash it till u tried it.

Would really appreciate if u kept quiet now since u would no longer be taking part in Autosport events. Thanks.

Kevin Khan Photography

BEFORE anybody make noise bout d man tyre sparking, he was notified and he changed it without hesitation right after this run.

adriano7910
Riding on 17's

Postby adriano7910 » September 25th, 2012, 1:49 pm

wish i cld compete in both dex and D&W but priorities wldnt permit setting up the car for 17 events a year. maybe next yr. I'll review the rules now to see how i will be classed if i decide to run.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » September 25th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Your car is a 1.6 so you'll be in Group 1.. Depending on your time you can either stay in 1B or try your hand in 1A.

dok_tec
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby dok_tec » September 25th, 2012, 2:58 pm

a video copy of the event should be an additional extra fee.in no way can it be classified as a mandatory fee as it is not necessary for the event to take place.

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » September 25th, 2012, 6:34 pm

dok_tec wrote:a video copy of the event should be an additional extra fee.in no way can it be classified as a mandatory fee as it is not necessary for the event to take place.

could u explain urself a little better please? the extra $25 that we pay at registration is to obtain a copy of the PREVIOUS EVENT, so could u explain how is it possible for a "PREVIOUS EVENT" not to take place??

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » September 25th, 2012, 6:46 pm

month after month all the members of the autosport committee put out alot of time and effort to keep the love for whats left of motorsport in this country alive, saturday before this event a few of us came together with STATE OF THE ART AUTOMOTIVE and took a few hours out of our time to ensure that the track was cleaned from the bleachers straight down to the end at the lamp post all the gravel and other small garbage and stuff didnt just get up and ran off the track by itself, this is just another sacrifice that some of us make behind the scenes to keep the love for this sport alive, thanks to each and everyone who make this event a successful one month after month, be it competitor, spectator, autosport members, sponsor, we thank you all

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » September 25th, 2012, 7:56 pm

JDM_GUY wrote:^^ kes Even though I bring it up at the next meeting I will be shot down....

Honestly... tough cookies brah.

At least you do have a chance to be heard. It is your choice to sign up to race and if you do, you need to follow the rules.

Because I am a small fries and I complain about my $25.00 i get slammed

Your approach is attacking while everyone is trying to help build something that works. Have a more constructive approach... even when you don't agree with the decision.

Autosport wrote:None of us saw flags???? We use radios, and this is called in and acted upon.

Autosport, I spoke to you directly after observing a non-penalized cone tip in-person. I also saw a cone tip later in the day that was not observed by a marshal. (both would have resulted in a change in win-loss)...

MICROTECH 7 wrote:The next time you see '' Cone Infractions,'' call Brian and tell him you can't miss him, very approachable and listens, we all speak with him and are happy, and Rawle please do indulge yourself, we the drivers will deal with this....

As you can see... that was done, but I was a driver, not a marshal on the day in question.

Which is why it's important to help out by Marshaling !

JDM_GUY, I think you are taking this the wrong way. Racing is an expensive proposition for both the racer and the promoter, it is a business with big risk and not so big reward. The promoters and staff are not racing for themselves, so there goes the fun :_(

All in all, thanks to Autosport and all people that have helped, including CARS. Drag and Wind is truly an epic event at a questionable time in our motorsport history.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » September 25th, 2012, 8:35 pm

X2, Yes you did speak to me and as I stated previously, we do try to ensure what we see, we deal with.
You had your concerns about your times and breaking out in the 2B Class and we addressed this, amicably.

Barry MYKOO, in 4B, sits on the AutoSport committee. He also broke out the 4B limit. He raised this with us. He was told in no uncertain manner that this is how it is done, your are OUT!

I wish I coulda say like Trump - You are Fired! But he understood, and that was that.

None of the above called anybody stupid, or attacked anyone. Most are very mature. Some recognize the efforts others put in to making these events possible, and doing it to the best of their ability, FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE COMPETITORS!

Mr. Moonsie, you should stop participating in ALL forms of Motor Sport until you grow up and BE mature. And stop denigrating those who are fighting to build a sport that needs all the support at this time in our history.

I have stated above that the $25.00 is optional, yet you persist.....

In the interim, our AutoSport Team, our competitors who come to our Events in spite of whatever else is promoted on the same day, and our Sponsors are thoroughly enjoying what we all get together and do.

And by the Grace of God, we shall press on.

Whatever else everybody else is doing on the morning of Wednesday 25th September 2012, AutoSport will be heading to ARC to attend a meeting summoned by the ARC Management, and we do hope that the outcome will be positive for all who support us, all who support Karting and all who support CARS.

Peace to all.

SMTT
Riding on 13's

Postby SMTT » September 25th, 2012, 8:51 pm

thanks Midnight_Demon for answering

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » September 25th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Amen to that. Thank you and we pray all goes well as we await the outcome. Godspeed.

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » September 25th, 2012, 9:43 pm

nismo_demon wrote: paying $175 to enjoy the whole day not forgetting with that 175 we are allowed to bring two cars through the gate and three persons including the competitor and our dvd to enjoy as many times over and over so if u have a problem with autosport take your cheap A#% and go camden, thank you

:shock:

You Srs? To go a carshow I pay $200 just to compete, passenger is extra $50

Average.

Aqeeb
Street 2NR

Postby Aqeeb » September 25th, 2012, 9:48 pm

I can't understand why all this fuss, its not required to pay the extra $25 and who wouldn't want to? As far as the quality of the video i've seen a couple you tube vids from the guy, i don't know him personally but i was blown away, all the photographers at d&w are great, just for taking the time to come and take pics, and at the end of the day these are the guys responsible for showing the wider public what we're about... we have alot of great natural talent i think 425 is a small fee to develop that.

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » September 25th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Mr. JDM - I know you are already in trouble and I'm sorry to add to your woes but please take note of the following:

On your facebook, pictures of June 7 D&W you have posted pictures of a young lady with captions "just look at that hip...", "side shot" and "one more" which you could be deemed to be a pervert and considering you are a tech at UWI (if this true) and your superiors happens to see this - considering you are working around young female adults - you could be in serious trouble - sexual harassment could be another issue for you to deal with.

You could be sued, fired, etc. for such inappropriate remarks.

On a personal note, I am sure you have female members in your family - how would you feel about these comments being made in such a public manner about them.

Take note and please think twice about your future actions.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » September 25th, 2012, 10:47 pm

SMTT wrote:Hi We're from Kelly Village TV and occasionally cover motorsport events in T&T.
Wondering if this new video policy will prevent us from filming future Drag & Wind shows?
We have previously covered your event...
http://youtu.be/ZcIUXGI1tQk
Please let us know if there is a problem
Thanks
KVTV
[quote="Midnight_Demon"]There is no new video policy. Anyone is free to film. The more the merrier. Moses if u think u could do a better vid that Mr. Downes, please feel free to do it and come sell some copies lets see what u can do. Don't bash it till u tried it.

Please be Informed that there are media copy rights by laws in place by the organisers, however they may not have been fully enforced, it is written in their regulations, I have seen it.

Kelly Village TV if your D&W recordings or pics are being utilised for profit without permission from the host organisers this could be a problem if and when they find out. I believe they have an established relationship with Zorce and Tuner.

For further information please contact Mr. AutoSport on private message with the moderator's assistance.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » September 26th, 2012, 5:10 am

wait nah all this beating up for $25.00??? MR.JDM talking big on other forums about buying Sti and beating up for $25??? lemme hush my mouth yes....

its simple, media persons just don't shoot his car at events.....lol...

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » September 26th, 2012, 8:23 am

True - media persons don't shoot his car at events..... only but there is a line between taking pictures and taking pictures of individuals - posting them (without their permission) and making disparaging comments about them. It is call lawsuit, harassment, disrespectful, etc. If they are models at an event, take pictures but no disrespectful comments. If they are there as private citizens - they are entitled to privacy and certainly respect.

A truly professional media person knows the difference between invasion of privacy and professionalism from those who just picks up a camera and call themselves "Photographers" when they are just being CREEPY.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » September 26th, 2012, 9:13 am

lol man wanna buy all kinda ting and complaining about 25$.

The main thing is, when any kinda of automotive events are not available, they complaining how they wish it had and doh care how much once it have and when it have, they finding some stupidness to complain about.

If yuh have problems, stfu and talk to the correct individuals in person and if you don't wanna do that, just hush and stay home or something.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » September 26th, 2012, 9:19 am

*facepalm* at those who scoff at his principle by seeing it as just $25. (the usual jump on a bashing train)
His problem is the manner he believes is correct in conveying it.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » September 26th, 2012, 9:26 am

OK All, this situation is a perfect example of how some can use a electronic media for their own personal vengeance.

All investigative reports conclude the Moses, aka GDM_GUY has not been an active competitor since Drag & Wind #6. He was one of two Civics that were observed extremely loud and was told to silence his car but never returned to participate. What is even more interesting is that he was not part of any briefing meeting when the $25.00 issue arose, but made us to believe on this forum that he was present with objections.

WELL YES, as my grand mother use to say AH REACH. Clearly, this boy's motive was vengeance and try to degrade, tarnish and penalized AutoSport for their noise policy which obviously affected him.

I would like you all to remember this as shining example of slanderous misinformation that can lead to untruth and lies that if goes unchecked can have serious consequences that involves some ones good name.

GDM_GUY now participates in Solodex with a white hatch back Civic. Well, I will make sure that Mr. Devi Nath is fully aware of your plot against those that he works so closely with, and we all will be keeping an eye on you.

But my advice to you is stay farrr from most, Its has been a long time since I have heard so many people pissed offf. Trinidad is a small place, all this boomerang back and hit yuh already. cause yuh business done in d road, you can run but you can't hide,so when you see somebody watching you cut eye DUCK! I SORRY FOR YOU.

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » September 26th, 2012, 9:45 am

We live in a democracy - AutoSport is run as a democracy - if you don't want to be the only voice objecting at a briefing you have the option of speaking privately to the Executives at any time. Over 50 plus drivers - no objections to paying $25 for a quality product that is a benefit to us. Should businesses not operate to make a profit? AutoSport is a business and it is only fair that they do make a profit but if you do the math - you will see they don't make much if any, some months. They continue to keep the sport alive for us all to enjoy.

Mr. JDM has no principles - if he did he would not conduct himself in the manner that he does.

Let us now put this to rest and move on. Have a good day all as we look forward to next month's race.

TREX
Trinituner Peong

Postby TREX » September 26th, 2012, 11:03 am

AutoSport wrote:X2, Yes you did speak to me and as I stated previously, we do try to ensure what we see, we deal with.
You had your concerns about your times and breaking out in the 2B Class and we addressed this, amicably.

Barry MYKOO, in 4B, sits on the AutoSport committee. He also broke out the 4B limit. He raised this with us. He was told in no uncertain manner that this is how it is done, your are OUT!

I wish I coulda say like Trump - You are Fired! But he understood, and that was that.

I was pretty Awesome !!!!

adriano7910
Riding on 17's

Postby adriano7910 » September 26th, 2012, 12:02 pm

I understand all sides of the story but yet don’t understand why all the confusion.

1. Piracy is present everywhere and i understand that auto sport must protect its investment in sub-contracting a media personnel to make content on past events.

2. The general competitor's remark is one in approval to the fee increase and it was said that all who disagree would not be forced to pay the extra sum in question.. True?

IF so cld it just be deemed as a misunderstanding btn both parties. From an outsider's stand point this confusion is seriously putting questions as to the camaraderie of the racing community in D&W and dissolving my interest not because of the sport but because of the infighting.

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » September 26th, 2012, 12:23 pm

removed.....
Last edited by JDM_GUY on September 27th, 2012, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » September 26th, 2012, 12:24 pm

There is no misunderstanding - we do not have any in-fighting in D&W - just other people who chose to make mischief for their gain or loss in this case. As we all know there are consequences to every action - good or bad time will tell.

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » September 26th, 2012, 12:45 pm

removed.....
Last edited by JDM_GUY on September 27th, 2012, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » September 26th, 2012, 1:14 pm

Maybe if you paid attention to the announcements being made you would have heard that there was no break out time. Wow you are really one angry person who keep bringing up things to contest. I'm happy to hear you no longer wish to be part of D&W and I do hope you are accepted by other racing associations and your peers there.

Trinidad and Tobago are very small and words get around. I guess back to work for you now - lunch time is over. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Last edited by canada on September 26th, 2012, 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”