TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

8th Drag and Wind Event (for 2012) on the 23rd Sept. 2012.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Re: 8th Drag and Wind Event (for 2012) on the 23rd Sept. 201

Postby Midnight_Demon » September 23rd, 2012, 8:47 pm

A few of my pics from today free of charge 8-)

More will be up soon HERE

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » September 23rd, 2012, 10:46 pm

^^^ Wonder if you should stick to photo-take-outing as opposed to flogging the Cressdia!

Just wondering, but you still handle that car real well.

FTL
Street 2NR

Postby FTL » September 24th, 2012, 1:29 am

JDM_GUY wrote:They said it was mandatory to pay the $25.00 when you reg to race, get uluh facts right. If i dont want that stupid video that still means I have to pay the $25.00 regardless.
If you weren't at the meeting all you had to do was say so! Now, you go and prove to everyone that you are a mindless TTASA sheep whose useless grey matter has rotten away in that empty cavern you call a cranium!

Everyone at briefing #7 agreed to a mandatory increase in the registration fee (from event #8 forward) to facilitate the video.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » September 24th, 2012, 8:32 am

AutoSport wrote:
JDM_GUY wrote:They said it was mandatory to pay the $25.00 when you reg to race, get uluh facts right. If i dont want that stupid video that still means I have to pay the $25.00 regardless.

This JDM guy still toting feelings all by himself.

So here is the deal, we all agree to give him a copy free, free, freeeeeeeeeeee.

Lets see what he will come back with!

but you still eh tell me if i can get one............and i want to pay for mine :?

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » September 24th, 2012, 10:20 am

AutoSport wrote:^^^ Wonder if you should stick to photo-take-outing as opposed to flogging the Cressdia!

Just wondering, but you still handle that car real well.

well i realise i could take pictures way better than i could drive so i feel i hadda stick to the photography yes! :lol: :lol:

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » September 24th, 2012, 1:08 pm

I always look forward to viewing the photos and ideally videos that are posted after these events and would suggest the possibility of making downloads of video available to individuals with interest (at a cost) be explored.
Unfortunately,I am one of those who enjoy motorsports but just never have the time or there is always some reason for non-attendance.
I am sure there are many like me out here.

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » September 24th, 2012, 1:40 pm

JDM_GUY wrote:
AutoSport wrote:
JDM_GUY wrote:oh god and additional $25.00....They just making money on we head

Please head down to Camden, there is always a better deal elsewhere :twisted: :twisted:

You sure rite. That vid of the event would be amateur and the cam will be shakey as hell, and not every race will be recorded. Its a waste of $25.00tt, I am sure Kester vids would def be way better and it will be free on youtube.

Dont give me no sheit that out of that $25.00 uluh not pocketing something, thats just a lie.

JDM_GUY do you ever get fedup of making urself a complete A$$H#LE on all of autosports thread?? or are you just so immature and dotish that you just cant seem to accept the fact that autosport is getting better and better after each event that they host??? doh worry there were almost 100 competitors present on sunday we would all donate 25 cents so incase u too dum to count that would be 25 cents X 100 would be $25 ok so you would get to look at us having fun without you once again, plain talk bad manners if you dont like it then do as Rawle said and head down to camden next event, but as for now all the other competitors still have no problem paying $175 to enjoy the whole day not forgetting with that 175 we are allowed to bring two cars through the gate and three persons including the competitor and our dvd to enjoy as many times over and over so if u have a problem with autosport take your cheap A#% and go camden, thank you

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » September 24th, 2012, 2:05 pm

As you all know by now I only state the facts, regardless offf....

The management of drag & Wind has been noticeably interacting with their paying competitors, as most of us have observed their PRO/corner martial interacting with the drivers, asking how are you feelings on this and that. This is how the request for video recordings of the event was received and relayed to management, among other intelligence information, in their effort to maintain and improve the quality and transparency of the event.

I would consider the negative statements made to thus far to be irresponsible and without truth.

Please SIR in future, research your claims and seek answers if you are confused and may I inform you that out of the 56 competitors that took part in this event, you may be the only one complaining, so one less in D/W #9 will not be missed, this is your prerogative !

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » September 24th, 2012, 2:25 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:As you all know by now I only state the facts, regardless offf....

The management of drag & Wind has been noticeably interacting with their paying competitors, as most of us have observed their PRO/corner martial interacting with the drivers, asking how are you feelings on this and that. This is how the request for video recordings of the event was received and relayed to management, among other intelligence information, in their effort to maintain and improve the quality and transparency of the event.

I would consider the negative statements made to thus far to be irresponsible and without truth.

Please SIR in future, research your claims and seek answers if you are confused and may I inform you that out of the 56 competitors that took part in this event, you may be the only one complaining, so one less in D/W #9 will not be missed, this is your prerogative !

well said and that is 100% true, autosport and all its members no matter how high in rank they are, hey always interact with each and everyone of its competitors and even the spectators as i have seen roger and rawle interacting with with them one more than one occasion, they make all competitors and spectators feel welcomed at their events, so thanks again to autosport for hosting yet another safe and funfilled successful event

afternex2
Street 2NR

Postby afternex2 » September 24th, 2012, 2:52 pm

hey the event was nice too bad, jus wana big up the STATE OF THE ART AUTOMOTIVE FAMILY for
all there hard work,apart from gettin there cars ready, together with autosport on saturday before
drag an wind they took the mornin off to help clean the track,patched ah hole on the right side
lane an went on to clean the tent area as well, good job guys, we look forward for the next event

nice to see the drifting after all the drag an wind, kerry an the dwo crew...

as for d $25 issue with jdm guy,imo he types alot an thats as good as its gona get,when he comes to ah event he would enjoy it an the best part is that he keeps his mouth shut,then runs along home get on his computer an we all know the rest ppl.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » September 24th, 2012, 3:05 pm

nismo_demon wrote:
MICROTECH 7 wrote:As you all know by now I only state the facts, regardless offf....

well said and that is 100% true, autosport and all its members no matter how high in rank they are, hey always interact with each and everyone of its competitors and even the spectators as i have seen roger and rawle interacting with with them one more than one occasion, they make all competitors and spectators feel welcomed at their events, so thanks again to autosport for hosting yet another safe and funfilled successful event

Agreed!! could not have said it better....

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » September 24th, 2012, 3:54 pm

after all these years, people still complain like that? geez....

Autosport always and will hold the best events, talk done. **and 25$ is nothing if yuh could spenn money on yuh car**

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » September 24th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Not that I'm agreeing with JDM GUY's rant... but...

I was at the briefing and did not 'agree' with the flat $25 video fee. At no point did I say 'yes' or vote for the fee... as such, it was not an organised vote... more like a call for rabble-rousing as confirmation of agreement. As much as I appreciate the availability of video recording of the runs, I do not agree it should be mandatory to be paid by all competitors. Although enthusiasts will easily spend $25 on something for thier car, that does not mean it's cookie money for anyone and it's not a valid argument as to why it should be a mandatory fee. If a competitor wants a copy, they should have the option to buy/pay for it.... mandatory fees for optional things will lead you down the wrong path. This is not like charging everyone for an ambulance service or safety barriers which benefits all... even if no one ever uses it.

If everyone is paying for the footage, then is said footage to be considered as an 'after race replay' ? The marshalls eyes left a bit to be desired though as I saw a couple 'cone-infractions' that did not raise any flags... allowing some losers to go home winners. If the intention is for the event to be truly competitive, that should not continue.

Regardless, all in all, it was a good day of racing...

X

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » September 24th, 2012, 4:24 pm

some runs from Daryl Ali and myself, most if the runs i forget to hit record.. :(

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » September 24th, 2012, 5:38 pm

^^ x2 thanks for bringing forward the point i was trying to, all who answered my questions with disrespect I am sorry if I offended you, but x2 said in detail what I was trying to get at.

I hope all those vids are as good as kes_vtec`s. Good day Autosport, and thank god its not my money allyuh getting.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » September 24th, 2012, 9:03 pm

JDM_GUY wrote:^^ x2 thanks for bringing forward the point i was trying to, all who answered my questions with disrespect I am sorry if I offended you, but x2 said in detail what I was trying to get at.

I hope all those vids are as good as kes_vtec`s. Good day Autosport, and thank god its not my money allyuh getting.

Allow me to finally clear this up. First, please keep kester out of this and stop disrespecting MR. Downes they are both friends.

Unlike most I ask questions. From what is understood there is a cost for the video that includes recording time, editing, CDs, etc..

The reason as to WHY the D&W Management made the additional cost mandatory was (1) to recover their cost to reproduce, (2) to prevent duplication of their original shoot.

Reasons given by drivers for the requested recordings, (1) As an achieve copy, (2) to review and improve their previous runs, considering that there is no separate practice sessions. (3) to observe other competitors and rivals in comparison to themselves in competition, in an effort to improve their performance.

Furthermore, I must make mention that on the two occasions (1) at the briefing meeting at mo-sport and the other in the drivers meeting at the track, No objection was made at any time about your gripe.

It is very unfortunate that you would a chose a public forum to vent your objection and try to tarnish the reputation of those who try hard to keep the sport alive in these motor sport troubled times.

Please refrain from this path and exercise your options. The $175.00 stands non optional but your participation is, but have no fear there is a track being constructed in Camden, you can exercise this option and don't forget to carry a case of PANADOLL and $500.00 !! THE END !!

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » September 24th, 2012, 10:05 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:It is very unfortunate that you (JDM Guy) continues to chose a public forum to vent your objection and try to tarnish the reputation of those who try hard to keep the sport alive in these motor sport troubled times.

If one looks back at when we started to have the issue with the noise, see who was involved and see who was absolutely non-plussed about the battle we had to fight to stay at ARC, and also fight for the other users of this facility..... you will be able to identify certain agents-provocateurs.

But I also make the point that all of us have to put in burglar proofing for a few who disregard our rights.

And I publicly state that anyone who has an objection to paying the extra $25.00 to support
(a) what Matthew Downes is doing to develop his own talents, and
(b) what MICROTECH 7 pointed out as the benefits that drivers can gain from looking at the DVD, they do not have to pay the huge $25.00 increase.

And as stated publicly at our Event, we sincerely appreciate the extra effort put in by some to assist in making our events better and better, and we publicly say so to the State of the Art Team and Sherry for all their quiet behind-the-scene efforts, to Reshma and her "big son" who assisted tremendously in the absence of our normal control-tower crew, and especially to all of our competitors who appreciate the effort we all jointly put in to ensure that this event grows and evolves into one of the most competitive in T&T today.

The support we received on a day that had the big 4 x 4 Rally, a bike show in Central and Republic Day Celebrations all around the country proves that we all are doing something good.
Last edited by AutoSport on September 24th, 2012, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » September 24th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Still trying to figure out what is the complains about seeing that camden is less than what you pay big for and includes unhelpful promoters. Back in the day of wallerfield til this day in ARC, i think Autosport will always have the best of the best and im sure 99% of people, have no issues coming and paying for a fun day. I may not have been to much events at ARC but im awaiting on my vehicle to be joining in on the fun.

Mudboy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Mudboy » September 24th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Is 25 red dollars men fighting for?........oh gad oye

Anil_Sooknanan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Anil_Sooknanan » September 24th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Had fun killing the cones and barriers

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » September 24th, 2012, 10:51 pm

Anil_Sooknanan wrote:Had fun killing the cones and barriers

nah bro doh study that, all that is part of d fun, all in all d day was nice

DownesDigital
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby DownesDigital » September 24th, 2012, 11:04 pm

jdm gonna let $25 break him for a dvd of him and his fellow racers, wow....i know times tuff but come on dred, and no disrespect to the other video take outer at the event, but a gopro is not really gonna show your driving lines like the top shot does....but do bring this up in the next meeting, i'll surely be present

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » September 24th, 2012, 11:08 pm

Thank you AutoSport for a wonderful event. Keep up the good work. We look forward to the next race event. Keep moving forward and together we will make this an event to be reckoned with. Maybe, just maybe others will learn about sportsmanship and class. Kudos to you and your team for the hardwork and effort you all put out for us to come out and enjoy a safe day of racing. No one can pay you all enough for what you do and give back to the competitors and spectators. Maybe this is why you all are getting sponsorship from such big name brand companies. Reputation is everything in your private life and in business. Thank you all again.

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » September 25th, 2012, 1:34 am

JDM_GUY jus playing sour grapes and hating cus he loud ass Civic cah run in Drag n Wind :/\\

Moses boy if d $25 is too much for yuh to pay I will gladly help u pay your registration fee so u could stop complaining and start havin fun

kes_vtec
12 pounds of Boost

Postby kes_vtec » September 25th, 2012, 3:29 am

Thank you, MICROTECH, i really was not sure about his comment...
but at the end of the day, i had fun, there is 1 main issue and i will have to bring it up at the next meeting.
As for the video, look at it these way 60 * 25 = 1500, i can't get my guys out for that price, 3 guys shooting, plus 3 gopros... if we do come to shoot a event it will start at 7000 and because i can appreciate that work involved in making these video, i don't mind paying the 25 for a copy...

but at the end if the day you are right, you where "forced" to pay, but you have only "objected" NOW, and on a open forum, after two events. you know that "management" would of, at least listen, if you objected in its "so called" vote. If you have issues, bring it up at the meeting, that is what it is for.

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » September 25th, 2012, 8:00 am

removed.....
Last edited by JDM_GUY on September 27th, 2012, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

TREX
Trinituner Peong

Postby TREX » September 25th, 2012, 8:03 am

Autosport
Thanks once again to u and tour team for hosting a great event. By far the best organized in TT thus far
Keep up the Good work. Looking forward to 9 and 10.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » September 25th, 2012, 8:56 am

JDM_GUY wrote:Autosport is a bunch of bullies.

And we do have stupid people with us also.

The marshalls eyes left a bit to be desired though as I saw a couple 'cone-infractions' that did not raise any flags... allowing some losers to go home winners. If the intention is for the event to be truly competitive, that should not continue.

None of us saw flags???? We use radios, and this is called in and acted upon.

Still looking at Premiership football and seeing goals scored and the referee or linesman did not see...

But we do note all of the constructive criticism and act on it.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » September 25th, 2012, 9:27 am

Can't wait for 9 & 10!!

not to get in the action but.. If you not gonna race don't create an uproar and then disappear! ppl like you keep popping up and starting sum and leaving everyone to fight up.. and MOTORSPORT will not move forward with this crap!

In 99.9 % of the public eyes Autosport is by FAR the best Organized Motorsport Promoter/ Organizer to date.. lets work with them and move forward!

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » September 25th, 2012, 9:40 am

I want everyone to understand why this situation disturbs me so much.

Auto Sport gives every one of us opportunity to have a say, when Rawle says '' Are there any questions,'' And you said nothing on two occasions. JDM_GUY if you are who I think, your gripe started when you were told that your car was to loud, first, Rawle spoke to your mechanic in one event and Brian in the other when you had an attitude about it, before the ARC issue came up.

Then there was the barrier issue, when will it stop. The white skyline NELLO car, was prohibited from continuing in a previous event, but silenced his car and came back with no issue for example.

The video is not for Auto Sport to make money, it was created upon request by the drivers for their benefit alone.

You all must know that the organises cost to host the event have been rising, but they firmly believe that registration should not be affected. The Police that stand an hour or more to ensure good behaviour by us entails additional cost. Cost for rental of the car park jumped to an additional $1000.00 because of the destruction of TTKC barriers that some of us often hit.

Overall it is very expensive to host these events and maintain high quality standards. I am sure that more than half of the video proceeds go to reproduction cost.

This event was not very well attended by spectators and so the organises did not make significant amount of gate proceeds, I don't hear anybody feeling sorry for them, they have to eat that and listen to all of this. There is an ARC meeting scheduled for this Wednesday, with an unknown outcome that could have additional cost, who knows ?

The next time you see '' Cone Infractions,'' call Brian and tell him you can't miss him, very approachable and listens, we all speak with him and are happy, and Rawle please do indulge yourself, we the drivers will deal with this....

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”