AutoSport Racing’s Drag & Wind(ing) Event #9

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Re: AutoSport Racing’s Drag & Wind(ing) Event #9

Postby paparazzi » October 22nd, 2012, 1:10 pm

AutoSport wrote:
paparazzi wrote:
AutoSport wrote:And with a best time for the year of 49.271secs, let's see who will come to beat this time!

:)

WELL! What say you? Awesome!

How great it would be to see the R35, Gerard C., Ryan P., Sean S, and Ronnie and Kiran and Kevon in that 4A Class for D&W#10 on 25th November!

I'll try my best to be there.

*teaser pics*

Kongorealm
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kongorealm » October 22nd, 2012, 2:08 pm

professor wrote:'That is not to take away from the pure finesse of Clive Soogdeen eh... the Grand Master himself pushed his car and skill as far as he could go..even frying his brakes in the last race...'

BANzai, thanks for the kind words, the name is 'Clive Sugden', it 's pronounced Sug-den, only one other male in TT with that surname, my Grandson.
Thanks again, What you saw was the Past and the Future.The Past just refuses to stay in the Past.

You sir are truly impressive! The finals between you and Kiran was certainly best of the day for me! Amazing that this young talented driver did a 49.2

If I had my way, I would of loved to see Kiran race against you with vehicles swapped in a best out of three race to really test driver ability...

It was a great event as usual.

Kongorealm
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kongorealm » October 22nd, 2012, 2:11 pm

paparazzi wrote:
AutoSport wrote:
paparazzi wrote:
AutoSport wrote:And with a best time for the year of 49.271secs, let's see who will come to beat this time!

:)

WELL! What say you? Awesome!

How great it would be to see the R35, Gerard C., Ryan P., Sean S, and Ronnie and Kiran and Kevon in that 4A Class for D&W#10 on 25th November!

I'll try my best to be there.

*teaser pics*

^ Awesome!!!
It would really be great if the drivers mentioned above can all attend and compete against each other at D&W 10... :mrgreen:

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » October 22nd, 2012, 2:13 pm

dubcity wrote:Yesterday was another great event asusal.Had a good time and was also a learning experience.
Also got to see a NON-TURBO WINGROAD WAGON running with EVO's and putting down 53.3XX secs.WOW!!!

that was really impressive, that was a historic race there

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » October 22nd, 2012, 6:47 pm

Congratulations AutoSport on another event showered in excellence.

It was good to see that the Transport Ministry has chosen Auto racing, in their road safety campaign along with popular racing figures such as John, Sheldon, Erica, Sarah, and hopefully Kristian soon as models to the public. Lets hope that in time that the right perception of the sport is understood.

I also noticed most prominent drag racers in attendance taking in the event, I certainly hope by now, and hope they would agree that a well managed event makes all the difference, this may be a small car park but produces a high level of competition and driver satisfaction, that has accommodations for all.

Kristian was produced in this very same car park soon he will be ready for a much needed circuit track maybe its time Autosport for an expansion of the venue ?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 22nd, 2012, 7:23 pm

Kongorealm wrote:
professor wrote:'That is not to take away from the pure finesse of Clive Soogdeen eh... the Grand Master himself pushed his car and skill as far as he could go..even frying his brakes in the last race...'

BANzai, thanks for the kind words, the name is 'Clive Sugden', it 's pronounced Sug-den, only one other male in TT with that surname, my Grandson.
Thanks again, What you saw was the Past and the Future.The Past just refuses to stay in the Past.

You sir are truly impressive! The finals between you and Kiran was certainly best of the day for me! Amazing that this young talented driver did a 49.2

If I had my way, I would of loved to see Kiran race against you with vehicles swapped in a best out of three race to really test driver ability...

It was a great event as usual.
Kristian, not Kiran 8-)

troublemaker
Sweet on this forum

Postby troublemaker » October 22nd, 2012, 7:34 pm

soooooooooooo....wat time did everything finish?

I passed tru around 4:45 ish but didn't come in :(

Kongorealm
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kongorealm » October 22nd, 2012, 7:46 pm

Thanks for the correction Duane.

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » October 22nd, 2012, 8:18 pm

where the pics and vids :)

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » October 22nd, 2012, 11:01 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:Congratulations AutoSport on another event showered in excellence.
Kristian was produced in this very same car park soon he will be ready for a much needed circuit track maybe its time Autosport for an expansion of the venue ?

Seems as though some people here have ESP....

In our discussions with the ARC we did propose to start some expansion work - first with clearing the overgrown area to the South of the current Car Park, and in conjunction with the TTKA, having the containers moved back. So we are seemingly on the same page.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 23rd, 2012, 1:14 am

Results D&W 9 21st October 2012

Best Perfect Reaction Time # 19 Troy Sookanan 0.000 Sponsored by Parts Unlimited

Fastest Car of the Day # 17 Kristian Boodoosingh 49.271 secs Sponsored by Monster

CLASS 1A Sponsored by Monster
1st 55 Ruddy Beekee Honda Civic 55.457
2nd 14 Aqeeb Ali Honda Civic 55.248
3rd 932 Naz Mohammed Locost 7 55.873

Fastest Time in Class # Aqeeb Ali 55.248 secs.

CLASS 1B Sponsored by Monster
1st 109 Stephen Hosein Honda Civic Sir 56.120
2nd 101 Neil Gopeesingh Suzuki Gti 57.642
3rd 8 Shaun Mohamed Locost 7 57.678
4th 251 Leon O'Brien B14 58.698

CLASS 2A Sponsored by Parts Unlimited
1st 45 Daryl Ali Honda Civic 1800 52.651
2nd 229 Shalan Mack Wingroad 2000 53.395
3rd 707 David Lyons Suzuki GTi 1300 Turbo 55.727

Fastest Time in Class # Daryl Ali 52.651secs.

CLASS 2B Sponsored by CARIBEL
1st 52 Stephen Hosein Mazda Mx3 56.076
2nd 54 Anil Mack Honda Civic 1800 56.606
3rd 28 Kirk Ho Hing VW Jetta 56.106
4th 88 Quinton Bain Integra 1800 56.344

CLASS 3A Sponsored by VW
1st 37 Devi Nath Suzuki 1500 T 52.837
2nd 41 Saeed Mandal Hond Civic Turbo 55.276
3rd 115 Michael Heera Skyline R32 2000 57.631
4th 116 Feyaz Mohammed SX 180 2000 T 58.215
Fastest Time in Class # Devi Nath 52.837 secs.

CLASS 3B Sponsored by AutoNation
1st 125 Junior Partapsingh Silvia S14 54.361
2nd 300 Roger Hutcheon 54.253
3rd 346 Devon Bartholomew Toyota Supra 55.748
4th 75 Nigel Toney Lancer Wagon 2.0 T 55.705

CLASS 4A Sponsored by Tuner Imports
1st 17 Kristian Boodoosingh Mitsubishi Evo 6 TM 49.271
2nd 69 Clive Sugden Subaru STI 51.247
3rd 700 Kevon Ramjohn Mitsubishi Evo 7 52.358

Fastest Time in Class #17 Kristian Boodoosingh 49.271 secs

CLASS 4B Sponsored by Castrol
1st 24 Barry Mykoo Subaru Sti 53.481
2nd 19 Troy Sooknanan Subaru Sti 53.447
3rd 26 Joel Jagassar Mitsubishi Evo IV 52.501
4th 7 Latif Khan Mitsubishi Evo 7 54.530

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » October 23rd, 2012, 8:44 am

I am almost certain that I can speak on behalf of all the competitors of the event in complementing Autusport for the prompt and timely manner in which the results have been posted which demonstrates the level of transparency in clarifying results, this effort avoids confusion, which has been am topic of discussion on other forums after completion of their events.

Also, may I add that a WELL DONE could be said, starting from the treads first page with extensive opening introduction to information and Mr. Autosport's interaction on this forum in responding to all questions posted.

Dear Sir...Please keep up the good work that does not go unnoticed, by setting standards for all to see what better management is all about...

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » October 23rd, 2012, 2:33 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:I am almost certain that I can speak on behalf of all the competitors of the event in complementing Autusport for the prompt and timely manner in which the results have been posted which demonstrates the level of transparency in clarifying results, this effort avoids confusion, which has been am topic of discussion on other forums after completion of their events.

Also, may I add that a WELL DONE could be said, starting from the treads first page with extensive opening introduction to information and Mr. Autosport's interaction on this forum in responding to all questions posted.

Dear Sir...Please keep up the good work that does not go unnoticed, by setting standards for all to see what better management is all about...

Thank you, on behalf of our TEAM, for all of your positive comments. And thanks to all the others who speak directly to us.

Now we do admit that queries have been made and those have been addressed, and the necessary changes made. And there is still one we are looking at. Now in cricket, there are two umpires on the pitch and they also refer certain decisions to a third umpire who looks at video footage after the fact. And we do have a lot of this video footage from several quarters and if we detect an error, we shall correct this.

We shall continually endeavor to achieve the highest standards, and this can only be possible with fair and equal treatment going in both directions.

To this end when we make certain recommendations to those in authority they are generally accepted, and this is great for all of Motor Sport.

Look at the two major Ambassadors from Motor Sport, Sheldon Bissessar and John Powell, who we shall be seeing more of in the coming weeks and months as we all work closely with the Ministry Of Transport in promoting Road Safety Month in November, and this will be followed up with other promotions thereafter. And what do we see immediately happening? John Powell being selected to compete at the highest level of World Rallying in Spain in the coming weeks!

For everyones information, Michael Schumaker was selected by the German Government as one of their ambassadors in this very said UN/WHO FIA Decade of Action for Road Safety program.

We also have Erica Jobity-Dinnoo and Sarah-Jane Gopaul as two female Motor Sport Rally Drivers/competitors, and then the youngest in the person of Kristian Boodoosingh, all of whom shall benefit from formal exposure in the continuing Road Safety campaign.

Once we all positively support each other, eventually, and I repeat by the Grace of God, we shall take Motor Sport in T&T back to its rightful place in the Caribbean.

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”