TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

AutoSport D&W #10 25th Nov. - Briefing 21st Nov.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: AutoSport D&W #10 25th Nov. - Briefing 21st Nov.

Postby MG Man » November 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm

To those who I have offended, I apologize. As an occasional competitor with an uncompetitive car, I have nothing to gain from debating rules and procedures. I will leave my previous comments up, so anyone who reads this post, can go back will see where I have erred in my judgement, and my approach to this issue. I agree with most people that D&W is the best thing to happen to motorsport in many a year, and am grateful to ARA for what they have done to give all of us a great avenue for competition. Thank you guys for all the hard work and effort in putting on these events.

vtmiller11
Street 2NR

Postby vtmiller11 » November 27th, 2012, 3:10 pm

MG Man wrote:To those who I have offended, I apologize. As an occasional competitor with an uncompetitive car, I have nothing to gain from debating rules and procedures. I will leave my previous comments up, so anyone who reads this post, can go back will see where I have erred in my judgement, and my approach to this issue. I agree with most people that D&W is the best thing to happen to motorsport in many a year, and am grateful to ARA for what they have done to give all of us a great avenue for competition. Thank you guys for all the hard work and effort in putting on these events.

Sweeeeeetttt :D (where is a hug icon when you need it) Now let us all hold hands and skip merrily into the sunset as we prepare for 2013.

Drinks on me everyone!!!! Cyber drinks that is hehehehehe!!!

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 27th, 2012, 3:12 pm

"This is not the first time Chris has had to argue to get his valid point across...........your people need to grow up.........either that or you nurturing a nice bed of Ali's for the next generation"

I am really disappointed that this statement has been made. Having looked at the information on the run sheets, I came right back here and admitted an error occurred. I even went further to point out that it did not happen in Class 1B only, but across the board. If we had attempted to deny this fact then sure we would be behaving like others of lesser integrity.

This has degenerated into a most unfortunate attack and, rest assured, I will not sit quietly and allow it to continue unchallenged.

Just look at top flight football in the Priemership. Referees and linesmen miss blatant infringements that the TV public can detect, and after the fact, with replays, it can be easily seen.

And I did say at the beginning that we are not infallible, and we did err. And asked Chris to indicate what he wanted, after the fact.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 27th, 2012, 3:13 pm

Apology accepted, I only saw that after my post of 3:12pm.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 27th, 2012, 3:19 pm

no problem Rawle.........you know how much I value what you have done, and are always trying to do.. One day I will post those vids of the old Shell rally car and show some of the young guys how you used to inspire us back then :)

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » November 27th, 2012, 3:27 pm

TREX wrote:Ok Ok Ok

Now someone post some pics so that I can Bask in my supreme awesomeness !!!

DEVI ????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

roflmao

Kongorealm
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kongorealm » November 27th, 2012, 4:07 pm

come on 2nrs, the issue has been debated...ARA apologized for the error (well done sir). If Chris did in fact argue then he should apologize as well because two rounds don't make it right!!!

but on a more serious and important note, where are the results and the PICS? :x

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » November 27th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Some Pics from the event ...
MORE HERE SOON

Image[

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 27th, 2012, 6:01 pm

Kongorealm wrote:come on 2nrs, the issue has been debated...ARA apologized for the error (well done sir). If Chris did in fact argue then he should apologize as well because two rounds don't make it right!!!

but on a more serious and important note, where are the results and the PICS? :x
unfortunately, in the same incidents i mentioned, that to date never took place, but who knows...........?

ANYHOO............................. (disclaimer: as I got them. V2 results with Shiv who qualified for competition, but did not run)

Last edited by wagonrunner on November 27th, 2012, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kongorealm
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kongorealm » November 27th, 2012, 7:15 pm

my gratitude goes out to both Midnight Demon and wagonrunner for supplying the above...what happened to 4th place in class 4A?

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 27th, 2012, 7:24 pm

But wagonrunner... where are the other results?

From you and Ignis, and Andre?

The Police still trying to decipher?

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » November 27th, 2012, 7:26 pm

think was only 3 cars in that class..

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » November 27th, 2012, 7:36 pm

Kongorealm wrote:come on 2nrs, the issue has been debated...ARA apologized for the error (well done sir). If Chris did in fact argue then he should apologize as well because two rounds don't make it right!!!

you talking bout on the course right?

RIGHT?

RIGHT?

RIGHT?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 27th, 2012, 7:53 pm

AutoSport wrote:But wagonrunner... where are the other results?

From you and Ignis, and Andre?

The Police still trying to decipher?

the official unnofficial results are:
Ignis - 41 (single barrel, coke, ice)
Wagonrunner - 45 (single barrel, coke, ice)
Pudgy - 64 (el do 15)

Congrats to the Pudgy. 8-)
I know the mistakes I made, and will not repeat them next time. :lol: :lol:

and MG MAN wow at PM. Nice to know all skin teeth may not be a smile.
FYI, I left as a passenger with a designated driver on sunday, and was just another patron, and assisted wherever I can, as I usually do.
I just happened to tease management into having our own competition (which was granted). Thanks for your "candor"

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » November 27th, 2012, 8:23 pm

Rawle, sorry for the late reply...I am not in the country at the moment. Thank you for the apology and acknowledging that an error was made. All I wanted on the day was for those under the timing tent to be open minded and look at my case and what I was trying to say. Everytime I tried referring to the sheet of paper and asking for the organisers to show me how they came up with the pairig I was told "look it dey" and no one took the time to look at the sheet properly. I was seeing plain and bold on the sheet that the 1st to 4th fastest cars were correctly identified but yet an error was made pairing the cars. Contiuously I kep trying the show them that and I was shot down...I was then accused of looking at my practice run times and not the qualifying run times, which I was not. Those under the timing tent were wrong and I tried to point that out very calmly, upon being yelled at " look it dey look it dey" and being told I looking at the wrong thing I admit I did get frustrated. If I became aggressive as many peoply who were not even there have accused me of being, then I apologize also.

The main point of my highligting of this issue is that something needs to be put in place to deal with issues like this on the day and those under the timing tent need to accept that errors can be made and they are not always right.

I found the comment about "how I knew I would have beaten the third fastest car" completely beside the point, an error was made and it should be acknowledged and things put in place to prevent it from happening in the future.

I will return next year and the answer to who I can beat and get beaten by will be done on the track.

To answer your final question rawle, no I do not want to switch my trophy for first or second place...I would have preferred being given the opportunity to drive for it on the day but this was not made possible.

Thank you for the apology and best of luck to ARA and all the competitors for an even better 2013 season.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 27th, 2012, 10:02 pm

chris1388 wrote:Rawle, sorry for the late reply...I am not in the country at the moment. Thank you for the apology and acknowledging that an error was made. All I wanted on the day was for those under the timing tent to be open minded and look at my case and what I was trying to say. Everytime I tried referring to the sheet of paper and asking for the organisers to show me how they came up with the pairig I was told "look it dey" and no one took the time to look at the sheet properly. I was seeing plain and bold on the sheet that the 1st to 4th fastest cars were correctly identified but yet an error was made pairing the cars. Contiuously I kep trying the show them that and I was shot down...I was then accused of looking at my practice run times and not the qualifying run times, which I was not. Those under the timing tent were wrong and I tried to point that out very calmly, upon being yelled at " look it dey look it dey" and being told I looking at the wrong thing I admit I did get frustrated. If I became aggressive as many peoply who were not even there have accused me of being, then I apologize also.

The main point of my highligting of this issue is that something needs to be put in place to deal with issues like this on the day and those under the timing tent need to accept that errors can be made and they are not always right.

I found the comment about "how I knew I would have beaten the third fastest car" completely beside the point, an error was made and it should be acknowledged and things put in place to prevent it from happening in the future.

I will return next year and the answer to who I can beat and get beaten by will be done on the track.

To answer your final question rawle, no I do not want to switch my trophy for first or second place...I would have preferred being given the opportunity to drive for it on the day but this was not made possible.

Thank you for the apology and best of luck to ARA and all the competitors for an even better 2013 season.

Right, so we have all aired our views, and I say in a very mature manner, and hope we can move on. I also remind you Chris that we did speak at the beginning of the day when you inquired about being put in the A Class. And I said that I was convinced that you had the ability to run against the best, and you asked that should you wish to move to the B Class... and I said no problem.

Just showing that with proper dialog we all can differ, be respectable and continue to build this unique sport. Would be a real pleasure to have you return in 2013, when I know the competition would be much tighter, if I have my way with certain suggestions.

Tsuchiya
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Tsuchiya » November 28th, 2012, 12:07 am

Compared to the south lane, that north lane's 1st turn had no grip whatsoever.
Gonna try designing some courses and send them in.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 28th, 2012, 9:08 am

Tsuchiya wrote:Compared to the south lane, that north lane's 1st turn had no grip whatsoever.
Gonna try designing some courses and send them in.

you gonna design a touge?
:P

Kongorealm
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kongorealm » November 28th, 2012, 9:23 am

tr1ad wrote:

you talking bout on the course right?

RIGHT?

RIGHT?

RIGHT?

ahahahaha that should read 'two wrongs", don't know what happened to me there :?

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Postby paparazzi » November 28th, 2012, 9:39 am

Midnight_Demon wrote:Image

MD, was this my first run of the day? Just curious so I can correlate the body roll with the suspension setting I had the car in on the run

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 28th, 2012, 2:09 pm

Midnight_Demon wrote:Some Pics from the event ...
Now look at this wide cross-section of competing cars in this really unique Event..

MORE HERE SOON
[b]Here the youngest driver, with the fastest recorded time on the day... and even in the wet.

Then the most mature driver, representing and showing incredible skills - true Champion
And the long-time fast road car, but now with Turbo, and really competent relatively new racing competitor.
b]Another one-of-a-kind in T&T, really impeccable AC Cobra with supercharger - Peter does not compromise[/b]
Extremely clean MR2 - plenty potential
The Vauxhall HSR - how many know how many of these, were actually manufactured - a rare species and again found in T&T and at AutoSport D&W!
Listed among the fastest road-going Japanese Sports cars - with plenty upgrades, really appreciated by the knowledgable.
Another really clean Japanese - not as expensive as the one above.
[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-

And then the giant killers – the lil Suzuki Swift 1500 with Turbo.... and Devi- having a really encouraging year in Motorsport, both in D&W and High Speed Rallying
And then this pristine-example, good enough for car show but racing competitively.
Image[
And of course the Rotary must have representation - this was a handful but the driver did have big hands and showed he could harness the turbo power.

Which other Event has been able to attract such a wide cross-section of cars, and drivers, from various disciplines into a single racing environment? Hats off to all the competitors!

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » November 28th, 2012, 3:32 pm

While we know the class champions and the overall champion, I would still like to get the overall points for the year and the points after the two worst events are taken out. Just for the record.

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » November 29th, 2012, 9:12 am

paparazzi wrote:
MD, was this my first run of the day? Just curious so I can correlate the body roll with the suspension setting I had the car in on the run

that would have been ur first competition run. not sure exactly if its ur 3rd or 4th for the day

https://www.facebook.com/KevinKhanPhotography

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » November 30th, 2012, 12:25 am

Incredible, absolutely incredible! I was looking thru the comments and saw what I thought would surely turn into a conflagaration.
I read along and was amazed at how efficiently and gentlemanly, the miscommunications, mis-interpretations and mistakes were handled, and de-fused. Thereby preserving the dignity of all associated with this association...... wow, apologies flyin' left right and center.
It reminded me of the last time I attended a Drag and Wind, when I brought my car in the hope that Autosport would let the audience know that I needed to sell it to help pay for an impending and urgent surgery. They did, and was given a great spot for all to see the car, a mention on the PA system even. I however tried pushing the envelope by going to Rawle himself to ask for lil demo run...I was very kindly informed that it would not be possible and given the reasons for not being able to doing so.
I had been hearing from people of how well org' and attended the events had been but finally got to witness it myself, first hand.
My involvement with "the other association" is no secret and was never made to feel unwelcome or unwanted.
A sign of maturity and true sportsmanship no doubt, something that was missing in the camp I'd been visiting.

I hope that many others like me, who had wearing "blinders", and were too absorbed in the "we have it, they don't" syndrome....come to realise how important it is to treat others with dignity and respect....and that communication is the "oil by which a machine runs smoothly".

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 30th, 2012, 4:31 pm

V8 Boys wrote:Incredible, absolutely incredible! I was looking thru the comments and saw what I thought would surely turn into a conflagaration.
I read along and was amazed at how efficiently and gentlemanly, the miscommunications, mis-interpretations and mistakes were handled, and de-fused. Thereby preserving the dignity of all associated with this association...... wow, apologies flyin' left right and center.
It reminded me of the last time I attended a Drag and Wind, when I brought my car in the hope that Autosport would let the audience know that I needed to sell it to help pay for an impending and urgent surgery. They did, and was given a great spot for all to see the car, a mention on the PA system even. I however tried pushing the envelope by going to Rawle himself to ask for lil demo run...I was very kindly informed that it would not be possible and given the reasons for not being able to doing so.
I had been hearing from people of how well org' and attended the events had been but finally got to witness it myself, first hand.
My involvement with "the other association" is no secret and was never made to feel unwelcome or unwanted.
A sign of maturity and true sportsmanship no doubt, something that was missing in the camp I'd been visiting.

I hope that many others like me, who had wearing "blinders", and were too absorbed in the "we have it, they don't" syndrome....come to realise how important it is to treat others with dignity and respect....and that communication is the "oil by which a machine runs smoothly".

Thank you Mr. V8 for your positive comments, and hope all continues to go well with you with your medical challenges.

You know after our drivers briefing meeting on Race Day, we then say a prayer, together, respecting everyone's religion or religious beliefs, seeking the Good Lord's guidance on all we are setting out to achieve. And this does not end at whatever time the event is closed off on race day. We seek this intervention for and on behalf of all involved, and on a continuous basis......

Today, together with those other bodies that have pressed on, we have all completed, successfully, a full Champion Series for 2012 as prescribed on our 2012 Race schedules.

And we all already have compiled dates for 2013, just to be confirmed before being made public.

Amen.

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » November 30th, 2012, 9:43 pm

when is the christmas event carded for again? the 9th?

COROLLA KID
Riding on 16's

Postby COROLLA KID » December 5th, 2012, 8:56 am

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » December 5th, 2012, 10:43 am

You guys sure that funny silver car is not a cortina coupe?

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby wagonrunner » December 5th, 2012, 11:06 am

crazybalhead wrote:You guys sure that funny silver car is not a cortina coupe?

1st gen civic with a telstar body kit

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » December 5th, 2012, 11:31 am

Please consider this for 2013. Just as the r35 ran off and hit the pole this could easily be the spectators.

On another issue, I found on several occasions when I was making the return run towards the 360 Turn when I got hard on the Brakes they were almost gone. I attributed this to the amount of water on the track. Now in dry conditions this would not be an issue but in the wet, its would be east for one of the faster cars to overt shoot straight towards the spectator bleachers. U may want to look into this issue further and try to mitigate any possible future risk.

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”