TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

AutoSport D&W #10 25th Nov. - Briefing 21st Nov.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Re: AutoSport D&W #10 25th Nov. - Briefing 21st Nov.

Postby MICROTECH 7 » November 23rd, 2012, 6:22 pm

Just a note of information there are circulating reports that ardent drag racers are considering building a car to compete in Drag & Wind. Rumour has it that you guys are having more fun than them and most of you can't even wait for the next event to compete. It looks like next year Autosport might need some more room.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » November 23rd, 2012, 7:26 pm

dude as i'm telling the guys here in the shop; D&W is the best thing to happen to motorsports in T&T.

with the current management and how they handle themselves they will need to consider having this turn into a two day event as the list will only grow.

what an epic year it was for D&W 2K12 and things will only get better in 2K13

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 23rd, 2012, 9:58 pm

Haven't made many events this year due to both technical and work issues... Glad it looks like I will make the last event of the year !

Looks like it will be exciting !

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » November 24th, 2012, 1:37 am

Ignorant Ignis wrote:
Kongorealm wrote:
CLASS 4 A
17 Kris. Boodoosingh Mit. Evo 6
20 Tanko Baboolal Mazda 3rd Gen T
35 Shiv Sharma Skyline R35
51 Mayank Ramlakhan Mazda 3rd Gen T
69 Clive Sugden Subaru STI
250 Kiran Kumar Mit Evo IIII
350 P. / H. Morris AC Cobra

^this group has the potential to be extremely exciting and full of shock value!!! *prays for good weather*

potential is an understatement ...... with boodoosingh with some new found power, brakes and suspension its between him and shiv fighting for fastest time
kiran is also back out with alot more power than before

and then there is clive that does ketch corbeaux alive

Just installed a new clutch set up ( about 2 hrs ago ) and won't be able to use all the power... however it will be more than the 230 I was running on before.. :D

Garrett Inside
Trinituner Peong

Postby Garrett Inside » November 25th, 2012, 3:47 am

southside crew wrote:
Ignorant Ignis wrote:
Kongorealm wrote:
CLASS 4 A
17 Kris. Boodoosingh Mit. Evo 6
20 Tanko Baboolal Mazda 3rd Gen T
35 Shiv Sharma Skyline R35
51 Mayank Ramlakhan Mazda 3rd Gen T
69 Clive Sugden Subaru STI
250 Kiran Kumar Mit Evo IIII
350 P. / H. Morris AC Cobra

^this group has the potential to be extremely exciting and full of shock value!!! *prays for good weather*

potential is an understatement ...... with boodoosingh with some new found power, brakes and suspension its between him and shiv fighting for fastest time
kiran is also back out with alot more power than before

and then there is clive that does ketch corbeaux alive

Just installed a new clutch set up ( about 2 hrs ago ) and won't be able to use all the power... however it will be more than the 230 I was running on before.. :D

Good lard!
cutting it close to race day, Kiran
Doh worry, you gonna do well still

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » November 25th, 2012, 7:42 am

today should be epic

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Postby paparazzi » November 25th, 2012, 8:31 am

Epic rain in Maraval

gucci05
3NE 2NR for life

Postby gucci05 » November 25th, 2012, 9:18 am

plenty rain up santa rosa as well...stupes

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » November 25th, 2012, 10:50 am

Rain shall not stop us today......it only makes it better unless you want to surf like paparazzi

Kongorealm
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kongorealm » November 25th, 2012, 11:00 am

weather holding up in Arima

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » November 25th, 2012, 11:53 am

Have fun guys... won't make it again...

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » November 25th, 2012, 7:12 pm

besss fadda besss

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 25th, 2012, 7:21 pm

muddass car run like crap all day, then ran like a beast back to the garage

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » November 25th, 2012, 8:04 pm

MG Man wrote:muddass car run like crap all day, then ran like a beast back to the garage

thats for lying to the wifey.....telling her you have to work today. what crap :)

matthew2730mvp
3NE 2NR for life

Postby matthew2730mvp » November 25th, 2012, 8:38 pm

Excellent Event,
1st- Congrats to management of D&W (autosport) excellent Job...Well done team Mr. Rawle, Mr.Roger, etc
2nd - to the competitors Excellent behavior,driving skill an Great Sportsmanship among Each an everyone,
3rd - to the DWO crew, well done guys, never mean a group of young men who are professional an mature. Thanks for all the videos, rides & Display..
4th- Unc Clive aka Professor you held your hand will your still in the Game, May God richly continue to bless you.... to My partner Kristian next year your the Boy to beat, Well done....

Finally I Mr. Go-Pro & Team 69 will like to say MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL :) :)........

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 25th, 2012, 8:57 pm

MG Man wrote:muddass car run like crap all day, then ran like a beast back to the garage

Ah my friend, the wifey was most present!
And to know you on the way home,
and we calling for No.12 please come to run in the final 4, No 12..... No12.....,
not knowin the wifey fix yuh..

Oh well nex year!

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » November 25th, 2012, 9:25 pm

Had a lot of fun, but I am a bit disappointed about the mix up in the pairing of the 4 fastest cars for the 1st-4th place in class 1B.

I was further disappointed when I tried to bring this point to the organizers at the event and I was made out to "not know what I talking about". I tried explaining myself to get those under the timing tent to see that an error WAS made but I think up to now they still think they did nothing wrong.

I hate seeing people being sore losers and complaining, but I truly believe I was not given the fair opportunity to place 1st or 2nd in my class.

I am in no way trying to bring down ARA or anyone personally but I believe everyone comes to these events to have a FAIR chance and this was not done.

I understand it is difficult to deal with an issue while trying to continue the event, but if something like this is not dealt with at the point in time then how can it be corrected? You can't re-run a race at a next event if the error is only acknowledged upon completion of the said event.

My question now is, do we just have to accept that if the organizers make a error that its simply a case of "tough luck" and things stay as they are? This is basically what happened to me today, in fact it did not even go that well because organizers still have not acknowledged their error.
This should never be.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 25th, 2012, 9:26 pm

matthew2730mvp wrote:Excellent Event,
1st-
Congrats to management of D&W (autosport) excellent Job...Well done team AutoSport TEAM, etc

2nd - to the competitors Excellent behavior,driving skill an Great Sportsmanship among Each an everyone- √
3rd - to the DWO crew, well done guys, never mean a group of young men who are professional an mature. Thanks for all the videos, rides & Display..And to know that after the first Event we hauled them over the coals - √
4th- Unc Clive aka Professor you held your hand will your still in the Game, May God richly continue to bless you.... √
to My partner Kristian next year you are the Boy to beat, Well done.... √

Finally I Mr. Go-Pro & Team 69 will like to say MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL - √:) :)........

Thanks Matthew - √

And may the Good Lord continue to have you, √
and Clive √
and your entire team come back with us for 2013 - √

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 25th, 2012, 10:15 pm

chris1388 wrote:Had a lot of fun, but I am a bit disappointed about the mix up in the pairing of the 4 fastest cars for the 1st-4th place in class 1B.

I was further disappointed when I tried to bring this point to the organizers at the event and I was made out to "not know what I talking about". I tried explaining myself to get those under the timing tent to see that an error WAS made but I think up to now they still think they did nothing wrong.

I hate seeing people being sore losers and complaining, but I truly believe I was not given the fair opportunity to place 1st or 2nd in my class.

I am in no way trying to bring down ARA or anyone personally but I believe everyone comes to these events to have a FAIR chance and this was not done.

I understand it is difficult to deal with an issue while trying to continue the event, but if something like this is not dealt with at the point in time then how can it be corrected? You can't re-run a race at a next event if the error is only acknowledged upon completion of the said event.

My question now is, do we just have to accept that if the organizers make a error that its simply a case of "tough luck" and things stay as they are? This is basically what happened to me today, in fact it did not even go that well because organizers still have not acknowledged their error.
This should never be.

Not the first time something like this has happened. The powers that be should man up when an error is made instead of letting it go on as is... fair is fair.

Otherwise... excellent event... thanks to all who take the time to make it happen.... thanks to all competitors for keeping it clean.

The guy in the white/green STi however, needs to mature a bit.... or go take some drift lessons in a controlled enviroment...

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » November 25th, 2012, 11:02 pm

X2 wrote:
chris1388 wrote:Had a lot of fun, but I am a bit disappointed about the mix up in the pairing of the 4 fastest cars for the 1st-4th place in class 1B.

This should never be.

Not the first time something like this has happened. The powers that be should man up when an error is made instead of letting it go on as is... fair is fair.

My point exactly...no one wanted to say a mistake was made and hence it just stayed as is in error.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 25th, 2012, 11:20 pm

AutoSport wrote:

Ah my friend, the wifey was most present!
And to know you on the way home,
and we calling for No.12 please come to run in the final 4, No 12..... No12.....,
not knowin the wifey fix yuh..

Oh well nex year!

car was working like crap........I just wanted to get it home before dark or rain..........I think idling for so long in the queue was fouling the plugs, made worse by the fact that car carbs are running rich.......by the time I got home, I was able to redline through all the gears..........if I can get it to behave, I think I can leave Kirk off the line :p

Regarding Chris1388's experience, Autosport you need to take a serious look at this...........I think he has a valid concern. Sometimes you try to get clarification from officials, and the attitude is either 'begone you whiny dumbass bytch' or 'how dare you annoy us with your trifling presence'

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 25th, 2012, 11:29 pm

MG Man... I watched you do a hole shot against Kirk and looks like you were holding it down pretty well .... my car is similar... when it runs hot... back to back runs... she tends to run better. Maybe try a hotter plug ?

japan-r-us
3NE 2NR for life

Postby japan-r-us » November 26th, 2012, 4:34 am

X2 wrote:

This should never be.

Otherwise... excellent event... thanks to all who take the time to make it happen.... thanks to all competitors for keeping it clean.

The guy in the white/green STi however, needs to mature a bit.... or go take some drift lessons in a controlled enviroment...

x2 lol...You eh see this man can't drive to save his life! Car needs a better owner :roll:

TREX
Trinituner Peong

Postby TREX » November 26th, 2012, 7:51 am

Great Event !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rain not withstanding
Thanks to Autosport and Company, the Hard work paid off with 10 successful events

Pity we are stuck with a car-park that clearly we have outgrown.
Anyway
Congrats to all Competitors and looking forward to D&W 2013

matthew2730mvp
3NE 2NR for life

Postby matthew2730mvp » November 26th, 2012, 8:09 am

X2 wrote:

This should never be.

That was his lil bro who took the car an did the 4wd drift.....
X2 Needs to be mature in a controlled environment.

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Postby paparazzi » November 26th, 2012, 8:15 am

Autosport, I was relieved to see that your scoreboards while were still operable.

Couple things in terms of safety, the D&W after the event where I had the untimely meeting with the lamppost I noticed that some pallets were put up against that pole. Yesterday the pole was "au naturale" again. Can some consideration be given to a barricade. 4 or 5 blue barrels of water tied together would work just fine in front of that pole. Even moving one of those mounds of debris in front of the pole could be an option.

Second thing, I appreciate the logistics of putting the spectator tents on the eastern side of the venue but its straight in the line of on coming cars on the return leg of Lane 1. If someone has a brake failure there's a risk created.

Chris has an extremely valid point. The first step is to have a designated competition steward at the events.

Have some work to do suspension-wise but the car is wukkin'. One run I got a transmission error but mechanically nothing felt wrong but I decided to er with caution and run some tests just to be safe.

Was good to be back and I'll see everyone in 2013.
Last edited by paparazzi on November 26th, 2012, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 26th, 2012, 8:27 am

X2 wrote:MG Man... I watched you do a hole shot against Kirk and looks like you were holding it down pretty well .... my car is similar... when it runs hot... back to back runs... she tends to run better. Maybe try a hotter plug ?

thanks man.........if she was runnnig properly Kirk would have been thinking WTF O_O
On the way home I was running clean to the redline in all gears with no sputtter..
Yeah I need a hotter plug. So far, only Mathura's has plugs to fit the car, but their stock is limited as well..........I'll have to bring some in...either that or swap plugs on the line

I have to agree with Paparazzi re the tents. It's a bit scary!
My tent was waay off to the eastern edge, but unfortunately while out of the line of danger, when the crowds started pouring in, we got trapped behind a line of cars...........getting in and out of our tent was very challenging...........minor issue, but depending on who's blocking you, sometimes asking someone for a pass-out can be met with negative reactions...

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » November 26th, 2012, 8:50 am

Will take a tush next year.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » November 26th, 2012, 10:43 am

This is the 2nd drag and wind event I have competed in and in both events the organizers made errors when it came to me in the final top 4 fastest cars of the class. On both occasions I was fought down by those under the timing tent that no error was made and brushed aside.
Luckily the first time through persistence, someone was nice enough to actually hear me out, understand what I was saying and made the necessary change. This time, apparently no one cared if an error was made or not and the attitude of those under the timing tent toward me was not receptive nor understanding of the situation, instead I was accused of watching the wrong times etc when I knew exactly what I was speaking of. I tried taking it to authority higher than the timing tent, and got an acknowledgement of my point but still nothing was done to attempt to correct it.

I give D&W my full support since they are doing a great job, something that no one else has done and providing something different, but at the end of the day if it is not fair then I will not be returning.

For those that are wondering, the situation being discussed is the pairing of the 4 fastest cars in GT1B. The correct pairing should have been:

Semi Final 1: first fastest car VS third fastest car

Semi Final 2: second fastest car VS fourth fastest car

What was actually done:

Semi Final 1: first fastest car VS second fastest car

Semi Final 2: third fastest car VS fourth fastest car

I was the fastest car in the group since the locost pulled out, the maroon civic being second fastest. I lost against him and was automatically relegated to third of fourth place.
The civic then got a free pass to win the class since he was now running the third fastest car from the group in the final, a car that he was faster that by at least 1-2 seconds.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 26th, 2012, 11:41 am

chris1388 wrote:The correct pairing should have been:

Semi Final 1: first fastest car VS third fastest car

Semi Final 2: second fastest car VS fourth fastest car

What was actually done:

Semi Final 1: first fastest car VS second fastest car

Semi Final 2: third fastest car VS fourth fastest car

I was the fastest car in the group since the locost pulled out, the maroon civic being second fastest. I lost against him and was automatically relegated to third of fourth place.
The civic then got a free pass to win the class since he was now running the third fastest car from the group in the final, a car that he was faster that by at least 1-2 seconds.

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”