TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

AutoSport D&W #10 25th Nov. - Briefing 21st Nov.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MG Man
2NRholic

Re: AutoSport D&W #10 25th Nov. - Briefing 21st Nov.

Postby MG Man » November 26th, 2012, 11:54 am

how is that sour grapes buddy?
If a convention exists for determining which times run against which, then it should stand across the board
Do you understand the logic behind how the top four are run against each other?

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 26th, 2012, 12:17 pm

MG Man wrote:how is that sour grapes buddy?
You are right, my bad! I did not realise that the complaint was made prior to the race being run!!

MG Man wrote:If a convention exists for determining which times run against which, then it should stand across the board
Do you understand the logic behind how the top four are run against each other?
Yes.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 26th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Computerman wrote:Ctrl-Alt-Del

good move bud

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 26th, 2012, 12:30 pm

MG Man wrote:
Computerman wrote:Ctrl-Alt-Del

good move bud
What move?!

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » November 26th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Computerman....yes I lost against the civic so you may be wondering why bother to even bring this up...but in the final race it is a best of 3 races. I would have had at least another chance to run him and possibly a third run to win the class, this is why i believe my situation should have been considered.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 26th, 2012, 12:45 pm

chris1388 wrote:Computerman....yes I lost against the civic so you may be wondering why bother to even bring this up...but in the final race it is a best of 3 races. I would have had at least another chance to run him and possibly a third run to win the class, this is why i believe my situation should have been considered.
I apreciate the civil reply (unlike Captain Condescending).

I fully understand the point you are making and I agree this issue needs to be addressed. It just seemed to me that if you had won, the issue may not have come up. I apologise for rushing to judge.

In event #1 I was involved the same issue, but reverse. My car was incorrectly classified and I won GT1B (although the peugeot would have beaten me in the semis but for his delayed start). Although I won, I was not the 'fastest car' in that class.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » November 26th, 2012, 2:10 pm

chris1388 wrote:Computerman....yes I lost against the civic so you may be wondering why bother to even bring this up...but in the final race it is a best of 3 races. I would have had at least another chance to run him and possibly a third run to win the class, this is why i believe my situation should have been considered.

Ok, I see the issue, and it is evident that this has been an outstanding concern even before now. That being said the persons in control of competition could have demonstrated more diplomacy when the inquiry came to light, and therefore declared a clarification on the matter as per the rules, If not, for this one they might have to take the hit.

Now the coin flips both ways. The said driver, "Chris,"from what I understand paid to enter the event on briefing meeting night and did not raise this issue, further to this on the morning of the event's briefing meeting on the track he still did not raise the issue. I can say with a high degree of certainty by his comments here, and the number of people that he spoke to about this situation that morning before he eventually addressed the competition martial, that he came to the event to compete with this unclear outstanding issue, hence the recent rule of mandatory briefing meeting attendance especially for new drivers, remember JDM_GUY and the $25:00.

Both parties have some degree of blame and I will not take a side but only to say that I have sat in many of their drivers/briefing meetings and the organisers always ask, "any questions concerns or issues,' at this juncture all drivers also have a responsibility to clear the air on most anything, some of us ignore these avenues created to dialogue but run home to the computer and type.

All in all, kodos to Autosport for a fantastic event, it could not have been easy to do an event so large in such a small space, and only this one issue, though important, thumbs up, but it is ashamed though, this forum is also another opportunity to ask questions as Mr. Autosport always makes himself available to answer or even shoot the breeze.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 26th, 2012, 2:25 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:The said driver, "Chris,"from what I understand paid to enter the event on briefing meeting night and did not raise this issue, further to this on the morning of the event's briefing meeting on the track he still did not raise the issue.
This specific case did not arise until they day of competition, so how could he raise it at the briefing? My issue was with the timing of the issue being raised on the day of competition. I thought it was after the race, not before.

Issues that occurred were raised and addressed (as far as I am aware) throughout the year. But the problem here is that this particular issue is continuing to happen even though similar issues were addressed previously.

I have no doubt that we can all come together to resolve these issues and prevent their recurrence.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 26th, 2012, 2:36 pm

matthew2730mvp wrote:
That was his lil bro who took the car an did the 4wd drift.....
X2 Needs to be mature in a controlled environment.

Trying hard to be a controlled environment pumpkin... but it's tough when lil bros are flicking cars around the track like it's amateur night at the cross.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 26th, 2012, 2:38 pm

problem here is there is no 'official go-to' person to get stuff like this resolved........and unfortunately, not everyone under the tent is mature / professional enough to separate personal opinions / prejudices from actual issues........some people get the red carpet, others get a screw up face
Hopefully ARA will recognize this and address it..........nothing is more frustrating than trying to raise a concern / issue, and be faced with indifference, condescension and / or sarcasm

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 26th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Computerman wrote:In event #1 I was involved the same issue, but reverse. My car was incorrectly classified and I won GT1B (although the peugeot would have beaten me in the semis but for his delayed start). Although I won, I was not the 'fastest car' in that class.

Ah yes... but being the fastest car does not guarantee you will win the class. The competition runs and the performance in those runs is what wins... so if the competition isn't laid out properly, one can lose. I also have had a similar situation both last year and this year. Last year, I lost a first place finish when a competitor ran over a cone with no penalty.... taking the win by a fraction of a second.... issue addressed with the timing tent with similar results... salt.

MICROTECH7 wrote:Now the coin flips both ways. The said driver, "Chris,"from what I understand paid to enter the event on briefing meeting night and did not raise this issue, further to this on the morning of the event's briefing meeting on the track he still did not raise the issue. I can say with a high degree of certainty by his comments here, and the number of people that he spoke to about this situation that morning before he eventually addressed the competition martial, that he came to the event to compete with this unclear outstanding issue, hence the recent rule of mandatory briefing meeting attendance especially for new drivers, remember JDM_GUY and the $25:00.

Both parties have some degree of blame and I will not take a side but only to say that I have sat in many of their drivers/briefing meetings and the organisers always ask, "any questions concerns or issues,' at this juncture all drivers also have a responsibility to clear the air on most anything, some of us ignore these avenues created to dialogue but run home to the computer and type.

That is being a bit 'hard and fast'. I don't see this as a sour grapes approach, CHris is being quite calm and reasonable on the issue. Problem is that whenever someone questions a decision made on the day of the race... many people tend to come down on them as though they are trying to cause a ruckus. We all know that Autosport and the people who give their time to this event are working hard to make it happen... but when a mistake is made that can affect many others, reasonable interest must be taken to ensure that if it is a correctable item, that it be addressed fairly. Maybe it's hard to do in the heat of the moment at the event, but I don't think everyone is 'running home to type on the computer'... there is productive dialogue going on here... no need to slam anyone (yet).

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 26th, 2012, 2:54 pm

question:
if in a single run, one competitor runs over a cone, and the other breaks out of his bracket, who gets to move on, or are they both disqualified?

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 26th, 2012, 3:34 pm

MG Man wrote:question:
if in a single run, one competitor runs over a cone, and the other breaks out of his bracket, who gets to move on, or are they both disqualified?
I thought cone panalties (we not talking about leaving the course) were +<TIME>, not DQ. Breakout is auto-DQ!

canada
Street 2NR

Drag & Wind - November 2012 - THANK YOU's

Postby canada » November 26th, 2012, 4:46 pm

On behalf of STATE OF THE ART AUTOMOTIVE and AUTONATION, we sincerely thank the AutoSport Racing Association Team for putting on a spectacular show yesterday. This is what racing is all about - rain or shine the competitors went out and gave it their all.

The AutoSport Team faced many challenges but they persevered. We the competitors are thankful they have done so. The tag team of Rawle and Roger with Venus in the mix, gave the best commentary to date. It was informative yet entertaining.

Congratulations to all the competitors. We all played a part in the success of this type of racing.

On a personal note, State of the Art Automotive and AutoNation thank Shazad Rahaman - the best barbeque chef in town for barbequing for us all day. It was the best! We appreciate all the work you did - we all owe you.

Thanks to everyone for the comradery and sportsmanship. We are all proud to be part of this series - Trevy Hosein, Dol Ali, Daryl Ali, Ruddy Beekee, Steven Hosein, Aqeeb Ali, Chris Kahadar, Shalan Mack, Saeed Mandal, Rajendra Singh, Anil Mack, Ricky Kahadar and their respective crew.
Last edited by canada on November 26th, 2012, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » November 26th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Microtech, the issue which I am speaking of happened yesterday, how could I bring this up at the briefing meeting?
I attempted to get the issue addressed when it occurred but no one seemed to really take me serious and get to the bottom of things. Still awaiting an official response from anyone from ARA.

Kongorealm
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Kongorealm » November 26th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Chris is making a valid point and is being very calm about it so cannot be classified as sour grapes...If there are rules and a competitor brings it to the attention of the management (and it was brought to their attention before the race started), then by all means it should be addressed in the right manner however it was not according to what I understand by the reading the above. I don't think Chris problem is losing in the final 4 but more about the way a valid concern/complaint was handled by the management on the day.

At the end of it all, the event is gone and results cannot be changed...what we can do is learn from this and improve the event by addressing these type of issues.

Oh btw, where are the pics? where are the results? :evilbat:

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » November 26th, 2012, 5:25 pm

I want everyone to understand that when I appear on this forum I strive for fairness and equality with good sense. My comments are not intended to slam the driver or sway total support toward the organises.

It seems apparent and in general by the questioned posted above that there are many other rules to be clarified. It is just strange to me that if this situation had happened before, why didn't any concerned driver seek clarification, and if Chris did indicate that this happened to him once before, why did he enter the event without previous engaged dialogue but choose to seek information when he is already inside.

Chris has stated that he will not be returning with only 2 events under his belt and that is his choice, but in my opinion is not a good display of sportsmanship, most drivers have competed in every event scared and bruised but survived, I myself have been subjected to many racing issues in the pass both for and against but I am still here, you don't give up. As for me, time attack racing has to many rules and prefer line up with laps and who reach the line first win. Side by side racing will always have controversy and Drag & Wind is an unique event like no other working to progress.

I am sure If the organises are the wrong they will apologize. We on the other hand could offer some solutions to the issue for a start.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » November 26th, 2012, 7:13 pm

MICROTECH 7 wrote:It is just strange to me that if this situation had happened before, why didn't any concerned driver seek clarification, and if Chris did indicate that this happened to him once before, why did he enter the event without previous engaged dialogue but choose to seek information when he is already inside.
The previous incidents were discussed with organizers. Issues were generally dealt with between events. The dialogue that you refer to, was specific to this incident. So it could only happen "on the day."

MG raises an important point. We should have one person that the drivers can liaise with, on the day, to address issues, concerns and queries. Some issues may be able to be resolved immediately, while others could be dealt with after the event.

Kongorealm wrote:At the end of it all, the event is gone and results cannot be changed...what we can do is learn from this and improve the event by addressing these type of issues.

MICROTECH 7 wrote:We on the other hand could offer some solutions to the issue for a start.

We should have a meeting prior to the briefing for event #1 2013 to discuss issues arising from the 2012 season.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 26th, 2012, 11:01 pm

Ok, so I purposely did not want to comment earlier, and gave the many commentators a chance to have their say on this matter with Chris.

AutoSport has been tried and found guilty by some who chose to listen to only one side. No one has asked Chris about his attitude towards the officials in the Control tent, so we shall leave that as is.

AutoSport has also been found to be very fair in the handling of other competitor issues in the past, and I can say that after every event there have been queries that have been addressed and in 99 % of instances, amicably discussed and resolved.

Chris chose to bring his case here, his right, and has indicated “...yes I lost against the civic so you may be wondering why bother to even bring this up...but in the final race it is a best of 3 races. I would have had at least another chance to run him and possibly a third run to win the class, this is why i believe my situation should have been considered.”

Why is Chris so sure that he would have won against any of the other competitors? He did have the best time in the four fastest, but was beaten in this particular run...

We have looked at the facts and indicate that an error was made, after the fact. Chris did come to me, “upstairs”, I listened to him, and indicated that I will look at the facts, but with the logistics of having only one cordless mike, and the one other – with cord, should I have, gone immediately to attend to this? Did this "mike" situation, separate our decision makers, that led to this matter not being promptly resolved?

Regretfully, we are not infallible, and under the circumstances we operated with, with the delay for rain, and dealing with the collapsed scoreboards, we were all squeezed into trying to keep moving forward as best as we can.

So what can we do at this stage? Say we apologize, and we say so now.
Offer Chris to choose first place or second place, and we change your third place trophy to the one you choose?

Will comment on the other Constructive Criticism separately.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 26th, 2012, 11:22 pm

Simple rule here - states touching a cone, however softly or aggressively = +1 second.
Breaking out - you lose the RUN.
Red light - you lose the run.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 26th, 2012, 11:28 pm

paparazzi wrote:Autosport, I was relieved to see that your scoreboards while were still operable.

Couple things in terms of safety, the D&W after the event where I had the untimely meeting with the lamppost I noticed that some pallets were put up against that pole. Yesterday the pole was "au naturale" again. Can some consideration be given to a barricade. 4 or 5 blue barrels of water tied together would work just fine in front of that pole. Even moving one of those mounds of debris in front of the pole could be an option.

Second thing, I appreciate the logistics of putting the spectator tents on the eastern side of the venue but its straight in the line of on coming cars on the return leg of Lane 1. If someone has a brake failure there's a risk created.

Chris has an extremely valid point. The first step is to have a designated competition steward at the events.

Have some work to do suspension-wise but the car is wukkin'. One run I got a transmission error but mechanically nothing felt wrong but I decided to er with caution and run some tests just to be safe.

Was good to be back and I'll see everyone in 2013.

Great to have you back driving your car in a competitive manner - to some extent.
Thanks for the concern on those expensive scoreboards, - seem to be tougher the the R35!

Note your suggestions for safety and will certainly take a close look at them. Actually had one resident in the area start to collect tyres to band together to make "soft walls" - guess what - the tyres were stolen!
And noticed the "soft walls" at Austin were actually the same plastic barriers, possibly filled with water, then another soft thick material in front.

We are actively working on some degree of expansion, that can see the entire paved area become available for racing, and everybody, and tents etc. move to the South side. Will see how fast we can get “approvals” to begin work.

Of course we were faced with unexpected challenges yesterday, and did our best to work around the situation and complete the Competition, and confirm winners in each of our 8 Classes for 2012.

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Postby paparazzi » November 27th, 2012, 6:23 am

Lol. You will forgive my over cautious approach! One doesn't into that power without a high degree of caution especially when i just finished funding one escapade. Braking halfway down the course et al! But even coasting the car felt strong.

TREX
Trinituner Peong

Postby TREX » November 27th, 2012, 8:14 am

AutoSport wrote:Ok, so I purposely did not want to comment earlier, and gave the many commentators a chance to have their say on this matter with Chris.

Regretfully, we are not infallible, and under the circumstances we operated with, with the delay for rain, and dealing with the collapsed scoreboards, we were all squeezed into trying to keep moving forward as best as we can.

So what can we do at this stage? Say we apologize, and we say so now.
Offer Chris to choose first place or second place, and we change your third place trophy to the one you choose?

Will comment on the other Constructive Criticism separately.

Auto Sport
Mistakes do happen in Competition especially an event such as this, going though its growing pains. As a side note several of the Finalists comments that the Shoot out should not be between the 1st vs 2nd and 3rd vs 4th as one of the fastest drivers will automatically be eliminated (unfairly ??) Perhaps the final runs should be 1st vs 3rd and 2nd vs 4th OR the runs be selected by a Random method. In any event these are the issues required to fine tune the event.

As far as this issue goes, my own view is that an apology would suffice, perhaps a 50% discount of the entry fee for the 1st event for 2013 and a commitment by Autosport to amend the rules so that this cannot happen again.

On another issue, I found on several occasions when I was making the return run towards the 360 Turn when I got hard on the Brakes they were almost gone. I attributed this to the amount of water on the track. Now in dry conditions this would not be an issue but in the wet, its would be east for one of the faster cars to overt shoot straight towards the spectator bleachers. U may want to look into this issue further and try to mitigate any possible future risk.

Once again great event,

BM

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 27th, 2012, 9:09 am

Autosport... I don't think Chris is asking for a free ride to 1st place. But if his point is correct... then someone may have just gotten that eh..... but as the international hollywood ambassador to drag racing has said in the past.... Winning's winning.

We all realize that it's not easy to put on an event... no need for a horde of people to keep repeating that... but I am sure we all see the need for feedback on any issues that highlight real concerns in order to keep the evolving rules in line with acceptable outcomes.

Regarding the safety of the extreme ends of the track... well.... thats a tough one.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 27th, 2012, 9:25 am

X2 wrote:Autosport... I don't think Chris is asking for a free ride to 1st place. But if his point is correct... then someone may have just gotten that eh..... but as the international hollywood ambassador to drag racing has said in the past.... Winning's winning.

We all realize that it's not easy to put on an event... no need for a horde of people to keep repeating that... but I am sure we all see the need for feedback on any issues that highlight real concerns in order to keep the evolving rules in line with acceptable outcomes.

Regarding the safety of the extreme ends of the track... well.... thats a tough one.

X2, I recognize that, thus my suggestion of how we can somehow satisfy his demand for fair play, since he is convinced that he could have beaten the third fastest competitor.

Being very open here, so a new can of worms! Seems as though the error was consistent on the day.

You were fastest in 2A, you ran against 2nd fastest! – And was beaten, and came back to beat 3rd fastest for 3rd place.

And I / we certainly appreciate the critical and constructive comments, this can only make us all aim for the best.

As indicated re safety, we are going to try real hard to see how fast we can clean up and expand to the South and gain a bigger and safer racing area.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » November 27th, 2012, 11:28 am

AutoSport wrote:X2, I recognize that, thus my suggestion of how we can somehow satisfy his demand for fair play, since he is convinced that he could have beaten the third fastest competitor. .

I don't think his point was that he would beat the 3rd fastest. Pretty sure his problem is that he was denied the opportunity to run under the same terms as other competitors.........is there a standard convention of 1st and 3rd, 2nd and 4th, or is it luck of the draw?

ARA, you still missing a big part of Chris' point, ie not the fact that an error was made, but the manner in which he was treated / dismissed, then ahving to argue his case, and now being told his attitude is bad........

AutoSport wrote:AutoSport has been tried and found guilty by some who chose to listen to only one side. No one has asked Chris about his attitude towards the officials in the Control tent, so we shall leave that as is.

Really?
REALLY?
This is not the first time Chris has had to have a heated debate to get fair treatment..........I've known him since he started in dex, and I do not personally think he has a bad attitude, but like all human beings, will understandably get frustrated when being dismissed like a minor annoyance............

do you know why I asked this question:

AutoSport wrote:

Simple rule here - states touching a cone, however softly or aggressively = +1 second.
Breaking out - you lose the RUN.
Red light - you lose the run.

This is not the first time Chris has had to argue to get his valid point across...........your people need to grow up.........either that or you nurturing a nice bed of Ali's for the next generation

vtmiller11
Street 2NR

Postby vtmiller11 » November 27th, 2012, 1:25 pm

..........your people need to grow up.........either that or you nurturing a nice bed of Ali's for the next generation[/quote]

Ok so this stopped being entertaining with the above comment. Mr. MG Man, I am a member of the Executive of the ARA and I would like you to be VERY specific about who you are targeting here. If you have a personal vendetta against someone, that's fine, you're entitled. But when you generalise you include me and I take my credibility and integrity very seriously.

So when you say that we are being nurtured into a 'nice bed of Ali's' I, Venus T. Miller take offense because I have been watching Mr. Ali in operation since back in the day when I had to wake up at 5 o'clock and get ready to head to Wallerfield in meh short pants and meh tube socks pull up to meh knee. AND I AM APPALLED to think that I could be put in the same category as Mr. Ali as his actions have been quite questionable at times and this from my own observation (and I have people up the islands who can give first hand accounts of their interaction with him).

If you feel so strongly about our decision making and action taken by the ARA, PLEASE FEEL FREE to contact Rawle or send me a PM so that we may schedule a meeting to address your concerns and improve on our administration of the events. However, if you choose to continue posting on this public forum, I implore you to be very specific and make targeted comments to those who have wronged you.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 27th, 2012, 1:54 pm

MG Man wrote:ARA, you still missing a big part of Chris' point, ie not the fact that an error was made, but the manner in which he was treated / dismissed, then ahving to argue his case, and now being told his attitude is bad........
AutoSport wrote:AutoSport has been tried and found guilty by some who chose to listen to only one side. No one has asked Chris about his attitude towards the officials in the Control tent, so we shall leave that as is.

Really?
REALLY?
This is not the first time Chris has had to have a heated debate to get fair treatment..........I've known him since he started in dex, and I do not personally think he has a bad attitude, but like all human beings, will understandably get frustrated when being dismissed like a minor annoyance............

do you know why I asked this question:

This is not the first time Chris has had to argue to get his valid point across...........your people need to grow up.........either that or you nurturing a nice bed of Ali's for the next generation
well thanks. because you include me in that too, and I interacted with said fella at least twice in "we" forum. Effective communication is effective. How is it other competitors can say their take on something, and have it looked at, and no one has to feel aggravated, yet one ALWAYS has a problem putting across at the point in time, normally coupled with emotional untrue twists?

For the record, since my last interaction with him I've ensured there are not going to be any more. So he did not have to speak me at this event, or any prior.

---------------------
Karl ALI Winchester

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » November 27th, 2012, 2:15 pm

This really was an error on the day across the board.. i qualified second in class and also ended up running against the first place qualifyer in the semifinals...but say what errors will always occur and note i also lost....now about what happened in the tent...i dont know i was not there...but i have to say as a past executive of CARS and a present exec i have witnessed Cris's agressive attitude when complaining about similar situations at CARS events....Chris is a very young driver and an excellent driver and it would be a shame not to have him competing...Rawle has apologised and i'm sure mistakes will happen again....so come on guys lets put this behind us

TREX
Trinituner Peong

Postby TREX » November 27th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Ok Ok Ok

Now someone post some pics so that I can Bask in my supreme awesomeness !!!

DEVI ????

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”