moti wrote:event was great.
DWO display was nice as usual.

the guys that allowed me to lime in their tent could talk crap all day :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

alexfos101
3NE 2NR for life

Re: AutoSport D&W #1 27th January 2013 at ARC Car Park

Postby alexfos101 » January 28th, 2013, 8:28 pm

[quote="Regulations change for 2013? – Basically the same but if you have racing tyres, which will be determined by the treadwear, if 140 or less, you are headed straight to the A Class.
[/quote]

I have a little problem competitor 109 gt1b was running toyo proxes r1r which is 140 treadwear...why wasnt he bumped up to A Class

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » January 28th, 2013, 8:32 pm

alexfos101 wrote:I have a little problem competitor 109 gt1b was running toyo proxes r1r which is 140 treadwear...why wasnt he bumped up to A Class

I KNOW in this day and age, you wouldn't just post that without a picture of tires on the car right.

On the day it could have been mentioned, investigated and dealt with. but NOW with your statement, and if he says no, what then?

Why not ensure it gets dealt with before competition?

ng357
3NE 2NR for life

Postby ng357 » January 28th, 2013, 8:46 pm

well this is true, but there was an up roar about this and it was allowed that the rule be changed to less dan 140 rather than 140 or less. My issue is the break out time being the same as last year when the course is harder. This just allows those who were sandbagging an easier time to be free, while others behind have to spend lots of money to meet up to them. A proper system fair to everyone is hard to get but something has to be done imho

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » January 28th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Hence the reason competitors are ask to attend driver's briefing - it was discussed at length about tires and it was noted several times that the acceptable treadwear for Class B is 140 and up. For Class A it is 139 and under.

alexfos101
3NE 2NR for life

Postby alexfos101 » January 28th, 2013, 8:57 pm

wagonrunner wrote:
alexfos101 wrote:I have a little problem competitor 109 gt1b was running toyo proxes r1r which is 140 treadwear...why wasnt he bumped up to A Class

I KNOW in this day and age, you wouldn't just post that without a picture of tires on the car right.

On the day it could have been mentioned, investigated and dealt with. but NOW with your statement, and if he says no, what then?

i was just checkin tyres for myself, i just saw the tyres he had an look them up to get em but i saw it was 140 i just wanted some info ...dont get ur panties in a bunch..

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » January 28th, 2013, 9:10 pm

That is not what you said in your original post. Maybe you should use the English language to your benefit by being clear in what you are asking as oppose to the complaining tone of your post.

Toyo Proxes with 140 threadwear are considered street tires - not racing tires - Toyo website have all this information readily available.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » January 28th, 2013, 9:16 pm

109 in 1b....thats stephen H right?

fellow can drive + 2 different cars in two classes = epic fun

alexfos101
3NE 2NR for life

Postby alexfos101 » January 28th, 2013, 9:21 pm

canada wrote:That is not what you said in your original post. Maybe you should use the English language to your benefit by being clear in what you are asking as oppose to the complaining tone of your post.

Toyo Proxes with 140 threadwear are considered street tires - not racing tires - Toyo website have all this information readily available.

Thank you sir. I try will my very best to use the English language a little better next time..Thanks again

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » January 28th, 2013, 10:20 pm

alexfos101 wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:

i was just checkin tyres for myself, i just saw the tyres he had an look them up to get em but i saw it was 140 i just wanted some info ...dont get ur panties in a bunch..

dunno if that's a norm with you, so you think it is with everyone.
But if that's your natural reaction when others respond to you, so be it.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » January 28th, 2013, 10:28 pm

AutoSport wrote:Great to see the large turnout at the fist D&W Briefing meeting on the Night of 23rd January at MOSPORTT. In the end we had…….. 61 entries!
And even more delighted to see the dialog that took place where competitors were able to express their views on several competition issues and end up with some degree of consensus. But this is motor racing competition, and practically every single competitor would love to have the rules changed to suit his or her particular situation.

So we are keeping the rule where we shall only count the points from the best eight out of ten events.

And for clarification the tyre issue – simple, LOWER that 140 treadwear, move to the top of the Class....A!

Also it was agreed that those in the B Class, if you break out once, you lose the run. Break out twice you are out!

Remember, you have the opportunity to move from B to A even after competition has started, if after your FIRST run you realize that you will be challenged to stay within the Breakout limit of the B Class.

Note date and time of the above.
The tyre issue was discussed at the briefing and it was agreed that below 140 treadwear would move you to the A Class - check #1, and also #39, both ran 140 treadwear.
And let us stick on the topic of treadwear and leave underwear out of this, please.

And on the other point re breakout times being same as last year, I will eventually post up all of the class times and one can easily see why they stayed the same. And yes they were written down on our run sheet and indicated to drivers. Just like some did not realize the change from 140 treadwear, to below 140, same can be said for some who did not realize there were breakout times.

Please let us stay away from the conspiracy theories about who arranging to assist certain drivers and the course being set for smaller cars. This Course change was designed by Barry Mykoo who drives a Subaru.

Glad to have constructive critical comments.

MICROTECH 7
3NE 2NR for life

Postby MICROTECH 7 » January 28th, 2013, 11:28 pm

nismo_demon wrote:another year has begun and still the sandbagging continues, certain competitors makin 55's wholeday but when competition start dey literally stoppin by d 360 to allow their car to roll into d finish box to avoid breaking out, that is my first point, the second one is i asked on more than one occasion if a breakout time was set two officials said no, low and behold i saw the yellow hatch in gt2 ran the vw for last round knockout and made a 55.7 and then an announcement was made that he lose because he broke out, i honestly think that drag and wind has been goin on too long for these mistake to be re-occuring so many times, i'm not bashing autosport in any way whatsoever i'm just asking for official to be a little more vigilant to avoid mistake like these from happening over and over, apart from that the day was great

ng357 wrote:well this is true, but there was an up roar about this and it was allowed that the rule be changed to less dan 140 rather than 140 or less. My issue is the break out time being the same as last year when the course is harder. This just allows those who were sandbagging an easier time to be free, while others behind have to spend lots of money to meet up to them. A proper system fair to everyone is hard to get but something has to be done imho[/

quote]Wednesday night at the briefing all in attendance were permitted to voice their opinion and issues in an open forum democratic manner, certainly a display of maturity on behalf of the organisers.

One driver presented the option of classification based on times run in the practice sessions, rather than cc engine size or tyre tread ware rules. This option was put to a vote and the drivers unanimous voted in favour the currently engine classification rule.

You guys cannot have it both ways, this will work for some and not all and will not allow you to reach your fullest potential, rather than becoming a better drivers, everybody is watching engine size, turbo chargers, 4wd, etc.

I believe the playing field is most level by times, and soon we may find out when the complaining starts.

Just as I said the complaining starts. This issue seems to revolve more so with the B class.

I remember when Mr. Autosport was planing this event he catered for the wide cross section of different racing disciplines with multiple design tuned set-ups, and in his wisdom created A and B, with classes from 1-4, this arrangement allowed 4 more drivers to receive prizes to a total of 8 winners.

Everyone calls for international rules where no A or B class exist so be happy with this.

The other question is which driver/car should be used to set the scale for break out times, If you ask each competitor he would answer a time he could manage that suits his set-up, no real solution there.

Sand bagging is beyond any ones control. In Drag bracket racing you have 11sec cars running in 12sec class so not to over tax their engines, lifting at the end of the quarter clocking 12.00 or 12.01, now, how do you beat him., maybe the organises should do away with break out times and you just run against the clock, fastest time win, fastest second and so on.

Mr.Autosport you have created a fantastic event that has become so competitive that all drivers are looking for the extra edge, I believe no matter what you do some will have issues. A new system of classification was offered and no one jumped on it so live with it now, this is the only way for a more level field.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » January 28th, 2013, 11:47 pm

quote]Wednesday night at the briefing all in attendance were permitted to voice their opinion and issues in an open forum democratic manner, certainly a display of maturity on behalf of the organisers.

One driver presented the option of classification based on times run in the practice sessions, rather than cc engine size or tyre tread ware rules. This option was put to a vote and the drivers unanimous voted in favour the currently engine classification rule.

You guys cannot have it both ways, this will work for some and not all and will not allow you to reach your fullest potential, rather than becoming a better drivers, everybody is watching engine size, turbo chargers, 4wd, etc.

I believe the playing field is most level by times, and soon we may find out when the complaining starts.[/quote]

Just as I said the complaining starts. This issue seems to revolve more so with the B class.

I remember when Mr. Autosport was planing this event he catered for the wide cross section of different racing disciplines with multiple design tuned set-ups, and in his wisdom created A and B, with classes from 1-4, this arrangement allowed 4 more drivers to receive prizes to a total of 8 winners.

Everyone calls for international rules where no A or B class exist so be happy with this.

The other question is which driver/car should be used to set the scale for break out times, If you ask each competitor he would answer a time he could manage that suits his set-up, no real solution there.

Sand bagging is beyond any ones control. In Drag bracket racing you have 11sec cars running in 12sec class so not to over tax their engines, lifting at the end of the quarter clocking 12.00 or 12.01, now, how do you beat him., maybe the organises should do away with break out times and you just run against the clock, fastest time win, fastest second and so on.

Mr.Autosport you have created a fantastic event that has become so competitive that all drivers are looking for the extra edge, I believe no matter what you do some will have issues. A new system of classification was offered and no one jumped on it so live with it now, this is the only way for a more level field.[/quote]

Thanks for your positive comments, but I will take the blows by myself, but the kudos goes to out team that would sit and discuss, and then come back with a common decision, after listening to our competitors.

And no, not 4 more drivers who got trophies, but 12 more - 1st to 3rd x 4 B Classes.

Without the A and B, we would very well end up with twenty competitors. Now many others have a chance of glory. Maybe even go to a C Class and encourage more competitors.

I would love to go back to the simple Bracket Racing Class used in Drag Racing. That way, who want to do whatever, are free.

Let me remind all of the kind of recognition given to Ryan Garcia when he took his 4 cylinder Lancer to Miami and put the finest licking on many other bigger-engined competitors.

alexfos101
3NE 2NR for life

Postby alexfos101 » January 29th, 2013, 6:52 am

And let us stick on the topic of treadwear and leave underwear out of this, please.

ahahha i like ur style lol... :lol:

alexfos101
3NE 2NR for life

Postby alexfos101 » January 29th, 2013, 7:25 am

wagonrunner wrote:
alexfos101 wrote:
wagonrunner wrote:

dunno if that's a norm with you, so you think it is with everyone.
But if that's your natural reaction when others respond to you, so be it.

Btw all i asked was a simple question, i dint ask for no sarcasm, no English lessons none of that, a simple answer wud of been like what (ng357) said, "well this is true, but there was an up roar about this and it was allowed that the rule be changed to less dan 140 rather than 140 or less". i apologize i guess i really do need some english lessons..next time i wont post with out thinking it tru cuase there are rel sharks in here, ready to devour u.. thanks again..

COROLLA KID
Riding on 16's

Postby COROLLA KID » January 29th, 2013, 11:12 am

couple pics of mines

IMO the white R34 badly needs a suspension upgrade, that much body roll is crazy for a skyline.lol.

Red Dawg
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Red Dawg » January 30th, 2013, 4:07 pm

nismo_demon wrote:could someone from autosport please clarify something for me, according to classes and category placements (according to cc's) rules clearly stated that all forced induction engines are to be multiplied by 1.4, am i right? could someone please explain how is it possible that a TWIN CHARGED (turbo and supercharged) engine was still only multiplied by 1.4 and allowed to run whole year with this? which one of the forced inductions dont you guys check? i would like to know so maybe i can add that one onto my engine, thank you

nismo_demon wrote:another year has begun and still the sandbagging continues, certain competitors makin 55's wholeday but when competition start dey literally stoppin by d 360 to allow their car to roll into d finish box to avoid breaking out, that is my first point, the second one is i asked on more than one occasion if a breakout time was set two officials said no, low and behold i saw the yellow hatch in gt2 ran the vw for last round knockout and made a 55.7 and then an announcement was made that he lose because he broke out, i honestly think that drag and wind has been goin on too long for these mistake to be re-occuring so many times, i'm not bashing autosport in any way whatsoever i'm just asking for official to be a little more vigilant to avoid mistake like these from happening over and over, apart from that the day was great

A new year of racing has begun and already the cry babies are complaining.

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » January 30th, 2013, 4:16 pm

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » January 30th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Mr./Ms./Mrs. Crazybalhead - I really don't think you should be name calling. We live in a democracy and AutoSport promotes asking questions, giving your opinions and voicing your concerns. Hence the reason they are so successful in promoting racing events.

Give respect and you in turn will receive respect.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » January 30th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Little late in coming.

Anil_Sooknanan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Anil_Sooknanan » January 30th, 2013, 9:35 pm

it was fun, actually getting race some cars legally! hahahaa

matthew2730mvp
3NE 2NR for life

Postby matthew2730mvp » February 2nd, 2013, 8:30 pm

wHERE THE DRIFITN VIDEO'S

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » February 4th, 2013, 10:55 pm

:drinking:
Last edited by nismo_demon on February 5th, 2013, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triumph
Street 2NR

Postby Triumph » February 5th, 2013, 7:44 am

nismo_demon wrote: with all due respect i would consider listening to you if u actually sat behind a steering

Sitting behind a steering is a qualification?
You should put that on a resume.
"I sit behind steering, so I know what I talking bout"

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » February 5th, 2013, 9:56 am

Triumph wrote:
nismo_demon wrote: with all due respect i would consider listening to you if u actually sat behind a steering

Sitting behind a steering is a qualification?
You should put that on a resume.
"I sit behind steering, so I know what I talking bout"

Triumph
Street 2NR

Postby Triumph » February 14th, 2013, 9:23 am

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”