Forums

AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby AutoSport » April 6th, 2013, 11:35 pm

AutoSport’s D&W#3 14th April 2013

Word around town is the popularity of AutoSport Racing Drag & Wind Events. The combined efforts of all involved to ensure that the next Event is always that bit better than the last is certainly paying great dividends. Today, we are seeing the entry list almost sold out on the night of the Briefing meeting….. generally held on the Wednesday before the Sunday Racing Event. This briefing location is always crowded out and we are actually seeing expansion work being done at MOSPORTT….. can we boast that AutoSport and its D&W Events pushed this envelope? :D

And the same seems to be happening at the ARC “Racing Facility”, so our Team is actively looking at all angles to address the comfort of all involved. Parking in the pit area is now saturated, so once we can have some parking to the South at the next event, this will certainly allow some breathing space for those who are supposed to be in the pit area. We have secured the concrete slabs and cylinders so we shall be actively working to have several crossover points in place.

We are also going to attempt to restrict those who have been crowding out competitors tents by having some degree of control going West, beyond the containers.

We are committed to again making that 10:00am start time. And this we are going to vigorously pursue, by putting as much infrastructure in place on the Saturday evening.

On the issue of the number of competitors, we are sticking to our guns of not accepting late entries on Sunday. Everyone was really pleased with the new effort being put in place re Scrutineering. Here again, we are going to implement the strict rule of not accepting competitors who may be already registered, but come late on Sunday. You arrive AFTER the drivers meeting…. then consider yourself early for the NEXT event.

This will also facilitate starting on time, and getting through our full D&W competition. And then ensure our commitment to start the Drifting Class competition on time. The first attempt at staging this exciting Class ran late and we just have to pull out all stops to make a major improvement on this phase of our competition. Here again we need to make a quick transition in setting up the drift course and getting this final segment sliding merrily along. And for safety this area will be moved more to the centre of the track.

Notice we have not said anything about our competitors, so here is where everyone can join in the fun…

matthew2730mvp
3NE 2NR for life

Re: AutoSport’s Drag & Wind #3 - 14th April 2013

Postby matthew2730mvp » April 7th, 2013, 2:39 am

MR. Go-pro an team #69....comin to hav fun

nismo_demon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nismo_demon » April 7th, 2013, 11:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: countdown is on again

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » April 7th, 2013, 11:51 am

Just curious - when you say this:
AutoSport wrote:We are also going to attempt to restrict those who have been crowding out competitors tents by having some degree of control going West, beyond the containers.
Are you referring to vehicular traffic, or people traffic?

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » April 7th, 2013, 2:15 pm

dredman1 wrote:Just curious - when you say this:
AutoSport wrote:We are also going to attempt to restrict those who have been crowding out competitors tents by having some degree of control going West, beyond the containers.
Are you referring to vehicular traffic, or people traffic?

As Kitch say - Both ah dem!

Only cars with Pit passes will be allowed in the Pit area.

We are working to ensure that other cars can park in the unpaved area to the South.

And then see how we can minimize the spectators who move into competitors tents are kept out.

Will definitely be having more COVERED bleachers to the East of the Containers.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » April 7th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Thanks. The cars I fully understand, as sometimes the competitors have a very hard time just trying to maneuver in and around their "pit" area because of foolish parking and overcrowding.

However, I hope you guys can come up a viable solution to the people traffic.

While I fully understand the downside of having strangers crowding around your car in between races while trying to quickly work on it or when the car is unattended, in my personal opinion the ability to freely move around and check out (macco) first hand, take close up pictures, and chat with the owners of the competing cars is one if the major attractions of D&W and what differentiates it from the "other" popular Motorsport event we have (and I not talking about rally).

Not sure what or how you plan to do it, but I agree it is becoming more needed now with the much larger crowds attending. Good luck!

dubcity
Street 2NR

Postby dubcity » April 7th, 2013, 6:17 pm

I agree with the vehicular traffic that only cars with 'pit passes' allowed.Also,it does add to the delight of spectators to view and chat with competitors.From my experiences,its just that some of them are mostly in search of a better view of the course so hence the front tents get crowded the most.

Well here we are again,another GREAT event in the making.Keep up the good work Autosport!

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Postby paparazzi » April 7th, 2013, 6:21 pm

AutoSport wrote: You arrive AFTER the drivers meeting…. then consider yourself early for the NEXT event.

Lol Rawle that's for me or what? I does have to see about children and thing before I come up d road

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » April 7th, 2013, 7:16 pm

paparazzi wrote:
AutoSport wrote: You arrive AFTER the drivers meeting…. then consider yourself early for the NEXT event.

Lol Rawle that's for me or what? I does have to see about children and thing before I come up d road

Bring them!

But if you mount a good appeal, a lil shorter than 175 pages, we may consider it.....doh want to have to go all the way to the PC!

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Postby paparazzi » April 8th, 2013, 9:38 am

You have babysitting facilities at drag and wind now!?!! Rawle you really going all out!

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » April 8th, 2013, 9:42 am

...need to walk with stronger seat belts.

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » April 8th, 2013, 11:04 am

it's gonna be epic ...... :twisted:
Attachments
IMG-20130408-WA000.jpg

paparazzi
Riding on 16's

Postby paparazzi » April 8th, 2013, 11:14 am

^^ I hope he not teasing eh!!

COROLLA KID
Riding on 16's

Postby COROLLA KID » April 8th, 2013, 11:58 am

I agree with the "Only cars with Pit passes will be allowed in the Pit area."
but for the spectators IMO it will be kind of a buzz kill if they dont get to go in the pits and view the cars up close, its not like the cars are full blown race cars they're street cars so its not so dangerous and yeah they crowd up the tents but im sure they move out the way and give way to the cars..
After all racing is a spectators sport and if you treat the spectators like sheit...then, well im sure y'all read the camden drag threads..lol...
Hope y'all dont be too strick and completly restrict spectators from entering the pits...that will suck
and Drag and Wine does be such a great event plz dont kill it with rules :)

canada
Street 2NR

Postby canada » April 8th, 2013, 12:23 pm

SAFETY - whether it is a street or race vehicle - it is a moving object and you can get hurt.

When a driver is coming in or out of the pit area, they are focus on driving and with adrenaline flowing do you really think they are paying much attention to somebody who suddenly decides to walk by their oncoming vehicle.

No - they do not move away when they see an approaching vehicle or when you blow your horn signalling your intention to leave or come into the pit area - you literally have to say can you move please?

As a spectator at AutoSport you do get respect but you also have to give and show respect for others. Spectators are always thanked for supporting Drag & Wind. They even get a chance at winning a door prize.

When ask to move they grumble and vex like no tomorrow. They sit in your chairs without asking, a huge cooler with drinks have gone missing, etc.

It will be difficult to manage but hopefully spectators do their part in maintaining safety as AutoSport is really trying to do so.

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » April 8th, 2013, 1:31 pm

spectator #1 will be there

COROLLA KID
Riding on 16's

Postby COROLLA KID » April 8th, 2013, 1:45 pm

canada wrote:When ask to move they grumble and vex like no tomorrow. They sit in your chairs without asking, a huge cooler with drinks have gone missing, etc.

:shock: well that's a whole new situation there....

canada wrote:When a driver is coming in or out of the pit area, they are focus on driving and with adrenaline flowing do you really think they are paying much attention to somebody who suddenly decides to walk by their oncoming vehicle.

If some one's focus on driving and not paying much attention to where their driving then they don't belong behind a steering wheel..lol

But i get what your saying and your right.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 8th, 2013, 1:55 pm

allyuh remember the time man came back into the pits after a run all hot and sweaty, grumbling with ppl to move aside and clear he tent, park up vex vex, and then realize he was in the wrong tent?
Not sayin dat was me or anythin eh...jus sayin........

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » April 8th, 2013, 2:00 pm

MG Man wrote:allyuh remember the time man came back into the pits after a run all hot and sweaty, grumbling with ppl to move aside and clear he tent, park up vex vex, and then realize he was in the wrong tent?

it's because you drive just like you look.......................

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » April 8th, 2013, 4:14 pm

moti wrote:
MG Man wrote:allyuh remember the time man came back into the pits after a run all hot and sweaty, grumbling with ppl to move aside and clear he tent, park up vex vex, and then realize he was in the wrong tent?

Ok, Ok cool it now friends.

We do have to find a comfortable middle ground for all parties, but we know for a fact that spectators tend to really push the envelope.

WE shall be more than doubling up on the COVERED spectators area, which shall occupy the entire area east of the Containers.

Great to have this kind of problem, but we have to ensure total all-round comfort.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » April 9th, 2013, 7:59 am

we wont be there again this time. to many issues with the current engine. so we decided to upgrade. new stuff in. guess we will be in a new class. hopefully we will be ready for the next event!!

have fun

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » April 9th, 2013, 8:07 am

Team Loco wrote:we wont be there again this time. to many issues with the current engine. so we decided to upgrade. new stuff in. guess we will be in a new class. hopefully we will be ready for the next event!!

have fun

SR20DET :shock:

you should have just gone with a carb setup though, would have been an easy and reliable setup.

JDM_GUY
Riding on 17's

Postby JDM_GUY » April 9th, 2013, 10:35 am

I hope the autonation civic fix.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 9th, 2013, 11:09 am

moti wrote:

fat and sexy?

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » April 9th, 2013, 11:11 am

MG Man wrote:
moti wrote:

fat and sexy?

you talking about you..........or rawle?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 9th, 2013, 11:42 am

Rawle jus slow and grumpy

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » April 9th, 2013, 3:44 pm

MG Man wrote:Rawle jus slow and grumpy

Look doh let me get involved in this battle bout who ugly, fat and grumpy and somehow get sexy in between this.

Moti, just come and enjoy, and we not going to tell anybody bout the history of your office(location) back 40 years ago.

MG man, just come and give a good demo bout how to do a special along the top of the barriers.

At the end of the day, we shall meet and......... talk!

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » April 9th, 2013, 3:49 pm

AutoSport wrote:
MG Man wrote:Rawle jus slow and grumpy

Look doh let me get involved in this battle bout who ugly, fat and grumpy and somehow get sexy in between this.

Moti, just come and enjoy, and we not going to tell anybody bout the history of your office(location) back 40 years ago.

MG man, just come and give a good demo bout how to do a special along the top of the barriers.

At the end of the day, we shall meet and......... talk!

boss, i aint saying nothing again.
you pulling that card on me :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

will be an epic event again, please keep up the good work AutoSport.
a job well done.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » April 9th, 2013, 4:02 pm

sorry Mr. Autosport. I no longer do free appearances. For a small fee though........

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » April 9th, 2013, 4:34 pm

I shud be dey

Advertisement

Return to “AutoSport Drag & Wind”